NFC Championship - Philadelphia over Seattle

Super Bowl - Philadelphia over Indianapolis

MVP - Donovan McNabb (Phi)
Rookie of the Year - Kevin Jones (Det)

JCD
08-30-2004, 01:56 PM
NFC

-East-
10-6 to 12-4 Eagles: Unsettled secondary and run defense cause concern.
8-8 to 10-6 Redskins: Gibbs will get the most from them, but both lines are limiting. Wild Card is a possibility.
7-9 to 9-7 Cowboys: Parcells is great, but talent is lacking.
3-13 to 5-11 Giants: Rebuilding year, rookie/bad QBs and bad lines don't mix.

-North-
10-6 to 12-4 Vikings: Lots of pressure on Tice. Roster has the talent, need the results. Should make post-season.
10-6 to 12-4 Packers: Slowly fading. Need MM back. Badly. Will make post-season.
5-11 to 7-9 Lions: Turning the corner, still a year off.
5-11 to 7-9 Bears: Taking a step back. So many new starters in a new system with the most inexperienced coaching crew in the NFL.

-South-
8-8 to 10-6 Panthers: Big-time issues on the offensive line bode badly for a run-first team.
7-9 to 9-7 Bucs: This is, without a doubt, Gruden's team now. Lots of old farts, can he squeeze out results? Should be in WC contention, if not the division.
6-10 to 8-8 Falcons: Vick seems like a poor fit for the WCO, a rookie HC won't help matters.
6-10 to 8-8 Saints: Should be fighting for the division, if not homefield. Always seem better on paper than they do the field.

-West-
10-6 to 12-4 Seahawks: Defense is looking a bit shakey, but have the division in a walk.
6-10 to 8-8 Rams: I think this is the year they tumble. Both lines look downright horrid right now. If Pace and Little are absent, they could be the worst in the league. Martz is not known for adjusting his gameplan, it could get ugly.
3-13 to 5-11 Niners: A solid defense is their only saving grace, this is the worst offense in the NFL.
3-13 to 5-11 Cards: Forget about the Denny hype. With their WRs hurt, this team doesn't have a single position of strength on the entire roster.

AFC

-East-
10-6 to 12-4 Pats: The best until proven otherwise. Dillon will be a monster.
8-8 to 10-6 Jets: This is a good sleeper, putting the talent together to match the system. My pick for a WC.
5-11 to 7-9 Bills: Success depends on how fast Mularky can learn the ropes and if Bledose can stay alive behind a poor pass-protecting line.
4-12 to 6-10 Dolphins: Was hesitant before Ricky left. Now they look terrible.

-North-
8-8 to 10-6 Ravens: Defense and a running game can win you a weak division.
6-10 to 8-8 Bengals: Palmer is learning on the job, success depends on him.
5-11 to 7-9 Steelers: Rebuilding, but won't admit it.
4-10 to 6-12 Browns: Offense limited by a bad line and marginal running game. Defense short on playmakers.

-South-
9-7 to 11-5 Colts: Lost less than the Titans. Have big names in contract years, bank on a monster offense.
8-8 to 10-6 Titans: Lost just so many starters at once. Tough for any team to remain steady with that.
6-10 to 8-8 Jags: Defense needs some DEs and CBs before reaching elite status. Leftwich will have his struggles.
6-10 to 8-8 Texans: Might be a surprise team this year. Even make a run at 10 wins if things fall their way.

-West-
9-7 to 11-5 Broncs: Lost a lot of weapons on offense. Lots of new faces on defense.
8-8 to 10-6 Chiefs: Should be in the play-off hunt. Not even Gunter can overcome a lack of talent.
7-9 to 9-7 Raiders: Won't be as bad as last year. Won't be good either.
2-14 to 4-12 Chargers: Take away LT, this team won't win a game.

The G Man
08-30-2004, 02:21 PM
Ranges???? (shakes head at the wishy washy JCD)

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-30-2004, 02:28 PM
AFC
East
NE Pats 12-4 Absolutely clinical
NY Jets 10-6 I like what they have going... solid D with a time control offence
Buffalo 8-8 will choke at the end of the season
Miami 6-10 no running game, suppar QB... D will get worn down

North
Baltimore 10-6 No passing game at all... Running game might suffer if lewis misses time
Cincinnati 8-8 Improving... Palmer will start performing in the second half of the season
Cleveland 7-9 way too many question marks
Pittsburgh 6-10 rebuilding team...

South
Tennessee 11-5 Brown should help more then hurt. D-Line is a ? for now... but not for long IMO
Indianapolis 10-6 D isnt anything special... and teams will focus on the pass more then the run since james doesnt seem to have the burst anymore
Jacksonville 7-9 improving team on all facets... very young
Houston 6-10 same as above

West
KansasCity 11-5 Defence will cost them a few games
Denver 10-6 If plummer can stay healthy, then they can win games
Oakland 6-10 Will play better then record indicates
SanDiego 4-12 Pathetic lineup... worst run franchise in NFL

NFC
East
Philadelphia 11-5 Benefits from a pathetic division... will choke in playoffs
Dallas 8-8 Threw away their season when Carter was released... testaverde is the worst QB of all time
Washington 7-9 portis won't be able to run like before... will get abused
NYGiants 5-11 Poor Warner... he will not survive

North
GreenBay 11-5 amazing offence along with a D that can keep them alive
Minnesota 10-6 Still not sold on their D.. offence should put up points tho
Chicago 7-9 weak passing game... unproven backfield
Detroit 7-9 improving... contenders in a year or two

South
Carolina 12-4 Unstoppable pass-rush
TampaBay 8-8 distinctly average... Simms should start lol
NewOrleans 8-8 typical NO season
Atlanta 7-9 Too many question marks... will vick stay healthy, will the defence improve on last season... etc...

West
Seattle 12-4 Great all around offence... Defence improving every snap
St.Louis 9-7 Beat up corners... Bulger overrated... O-line busted up
SanFrancisco 6-10 good ground game, passing game suspect, OK defence... will compete soon
Arizona 4-12 weak running game, abysmal (IMO) defence and QB

=======
I'll save the playoff predictions for later

ObeySteve
08-30-2004, 04:10 PM
Quick note....I didn't check to see if the records actually add up.

AFC

East
New England 13-3 (*)
NY Jets 10-6 (*)
Buffalo 7-9
Miami 6-10

North
Baltimore 11-5 (*)
Cincinnati 9-7
Pittsburgh 7-9
Cleveland 5-11

South
Indianapolis 11-5 (*)
Houston 10-6 (*)
Tennessee 8-8
Jacksonville 7-9

West
Denver 11-5 (*)
KansasCity 9-7
Oakland 7-9
San Diego 3-13

NFC

East
Philadelphia 13-3 (*)
Dallas 7-9
Washington 7-9
NYGiants 5-11

North
Minnesota 11-5 (*)
Green Bay 10-6 (*)
Detroit 10-6 (*)
Chicago 5-11

South
Tampa Bay 9-7 (*)
Carolina 8-8
New Orleans 6-10
Atlanta 6-10

West
Seattle 11-5 (*)
St. Louis 8-8
San Francisco 5-11
Arizona 4-12

AFC Championship - Denver over Indianapolis
NFC Championship - Philadelphia over Detroit

Super Bowl - Philadelphia over Denver

MVP - Donovan McNabb (Phi)
Rookie of the Year - Larry Fitzgerald (Ari)

Chaos
08-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Dallas 8-8 Threw away their season when Carter was released... testaverde is the worst QB of all time

You have got to be kidding...Carter was a bottom 10 starting QB while he was here, and he just made too many stupid mistakes, somethiny Testaverde wont do.

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-30-2004, 04:23 PM
You have got to be kidding...Carter was a bottom 10 starting QB while he was here, and he just made too many stupid mistakes, somethiny Testaverde wont do.
well bottom 10 is alot better then bucket of washed up feces...

look at testaverdes recent career stats... i don't know how he still has a job in the nfl

ObeySteve
08-30-2004, 04:23 PM
You trust that a 40+ year old quarterback isn't going to make a lot of mistakes?

But anyway....the Cowboys were destined to finish around .500 this season, regardless of whether Quincy or Vinny was starting.

PredsFan77*
08-30-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm too damn lazy to do all of it right now, but I shall say this...fear Jacksonville they are going to be a top team this year.

JCD
08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
well bottom 10 is alot better then bucket of washed up feces...

look at testaverdes recent career stats... i don't know how he still has a job in the nfl

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=70

Not too bad really. 23 TDs to 19 INTs the last three years, well over 60% completion percentage.

Now, I agree that he is no better than a back-up, but he is not nearly as bad as you indicate. Off hand, I can name at least 6 back-ups that are worse.

The drop-off from Carter to Teste isn't much. VT won't make as many plays, but won't make as many mistakes either.

Vic Rattlehead*
08-30-2004, 06:24 PM
Hmm, many people are underrating the Cowboys again this year.

Positives:

-Hambrick is gone. He had no heart and didn't try much. George/Jones is an upgrade

-Carter threw more interceptions than touchdowns last year. Testaverde will have a chance to prove his worth with his career coming to an end.

-Wiley will help the defence(albeit not much)

-Keyshawn Johnson is happy to play for Parcells, while Galloway never lived up to expectations in Dallas.

Negatives:

-Can Testaverde put a good season in?

-Will George do better than last year? How will the rookie Julius do?

-Our punting sucks

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-30-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm too damn lazy to do all of it right now, but I shall say this...fear Jacksonville they are going to be a top team this year.
they cut hugh douglas...

which means that if brock lesnar needs a job... he can get one...

they are dry at DE... bad move

As for Testaverde, the stats dont indicate that he isn't a starter, hasn't been in 2 years (apart from filling in for chad last year) and is over 40. I guess the best way to judge how bad he plays is to watch him. Unfortunately, living in eastern Canada, I've seen the jets on TV about 20 times the past 4 years... and Testaverde's performances can be considered as not being good enough to win a game, but not putrid enough be a scapegoat... and this was when Curtis Martin was in his prime and all Vinny had to do was manage the game (160 yards... no turnovers).

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-30-2004, 06:31 PM

George should of retired... He has too much pride to do so, but everybody in the Titans org. knew he was done. Tennessee has a great offensive line... one of the most steady units in the league, yet George consistently tripped or stumbled before reaching the hole they made. The surgery he had in 2001 essentially amputated his big right toe... He lost all strength in it and hasn't gained it back. He can't cut, juke, sprint, or move the pile which renders him useless.

Jones will be starting by week 10

Chaos
08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Our punting sucks

Actually our punting is better this year than last year...Im pretty sure McBriar is averaginf over 45 yds per punt so far...something Gowin couldnt do last year.

PredsFan77*
08-30-2004, 06:41 PM
they cut hugh douglas...

As for Testaverde, the stats dont indicate that he isn't a starter, hasn't been in 2 years (apart from filling in for chad last year) and is over 40. I guess the best way to judge how bad he plays is to watch him. Unfortunately, living in eastern Canada, I've seen the jets on TV about 20 times the past 4 years... and Testaverde's performances can be considered as not being good enough to win a game, but not putrid enough be a scapegoat... and this was when Curtis Martin was in his prime and all Vinny had to do was manage the game (160 yards... no turnovers).

You don't need much with DE when you have Big John and Marcus playing DT.

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-30-2004, 06:51 PM
you still need more then the guy who mows my lawn...

and the "bad move" comment also had to do with the Jaguars having to pay Hugh's salary through 2005 anyways...

HughJass*
08-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Looks like the Panthers are falling under the radar again.

Good. I love it that way.

*wink wink* The offensive line isn't as bad the analysts would want you to believe, the DE's/LB's look better than they were last year, and Delhomme looks sharp so far in the pre-season. Only question mark is the secondary, but the secondary was suspect last year. There is no way in hell Atlanta, Tampa, and New Orleans sniff the division title. Those teams have too many issues to count. Actually, I'm not sure what New Orleans are up to but they are tremendous choke artists, so I don't worry about them much.

Ronnie Bass
08-30-2004, 06:56 PM
The Miami Dolphins will win the Super Bowl 42-0 over the Philadelphia Eagles.

stanley
08-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Pittsburgh 6-10
I was worried you were going to go with your heart, but this seems a bit extreme. They've added Staley and despite losing Simmons for the year, the OL can't help but be healthier than last year. If they can stay somewhat healthy, at least enough to run the ball better (could their running game have been any worse?) and protect Maddox, they could score enough. They have an impressive passing game.

On the negative side, I can't think of a more inexperienced (albeit talented) secondary and I've heard Kendrell Bell is still having trouble healing from a few injuries. I also think that offensive line is another injury away from reaching critical mass, and that's their main paddle. "No OL" means "no run" means "live and die with pass" means "when's the draft?"

Overall, you may be right. They're going to have to steal a few games this year - no easy task. Cincinnati and Cleveland are no longer weak sisters. Perhaps 2005 is the year to be more hopeful, as it is a young team right now at many positions.

JCD
08-30-2004, 07:05 PM
Hmm, many people are underrating the Cowboys again this year.

Positives:

-Hambrick is gone. He had no heart and didn't try much. George/Jones is an upgrade

-Carter threw more interceptions than touchdowns last year. Testaverde will have a chance to prove his worth with his career coming to an end.

-Wiley will help the defence(albeit not much)

-Keyshawn Johnson is happy to play for Parcells, while Galloway never lived up to expectations in Dallas.

Negatives:

-Can Testaverde put a good season in?

-Our punting sucks

Jut my opinion...

I think the Cowboys overachieved last year. Parcells managed the clock like a master, allowing him to hang around and sneak out a lot of close wins. Overall, the Cowboys really don't have much talent. I think it will be more of the same this year, pounding with George and working the clock, but they will be hard pressed to be as fortunate IMO.

JCD
08-30-2004, 07:07 PM
they cut hugh douglas...

I don't think Vinny is a starter by any means, just that you could do a whole lot worse as a back-up.

As a starter, he is about as bad as it gets. IMO, he is the worst starting QB in the league. That said, he replaced the guy who I used to consider the worst starting QB in the league. Went from worst to worst.

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-30-2004, 07:08 PM
another prediction...

Tonight

Tennessee-20
Dallas-27

Unfortunately for a Monday Night game, Fisher is only gonna keep the starters in for 15-20 snaps...

Dallas will keep the starters into the 3rd quarter.

JCD
08-30-2004, 07:10 PM

*wink wink* The offensive line isn't as bad the analysts would want you to believe, the DE's/LB's look better than they were last year, and Delhomme looks sharp so far in the pre-season. Only question mark is the secondary, but the secondary was suspect last year. There is no way in hell Atlanta, Tampa, and New Orleans sniff the division title. Those teams have too many issues to count. Actually, I'm not sure what New Orleans are up to but they are tremendous choke artists, so I don't worry about them much.

I don't know...

They have two big question marks at both bookends. For a team that lives and dies off ball control, that is a scary venture.

The rest of the division is not far behind. Of all the NFC divisions, I think that is the most unpredictable. Any of the 4 teams could win it. Any of them could win 10-11 games. Any of them could lose 8-9 games.

PredsFan77*
08-30-2004, 07:30 PM

God I hope not, I don't know how many more bandwagon fans I can take in Charlotte. Atleast I don't have to deal with the Charlotte 'media' anymore....everything here is second fiddle to the 'cocks.

HughJass*
08-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Btw, I'm a big Gamecocks fan! I lived in SC during my high school years in Union County ;)

HughJass*
08-30-2004, 07:45 PM
They have two big question marks at both bookends. For a team that lives and dies off ball control, that is a scary venture.

guinness
08-30-2004, 07:48 PM
NFC North - only division I watch and care about

Minny: 10-6

GB: 9-7

Chicago: 6-10

Lions: After watching the Lions struggle against the offensively-challenged Ravens (even with Ray Lewis not playing), this team is still a long ways off. 6-10

HughJass*
08-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Btw, I'm a big Cocks fan ;) I live in SC during my high school years.

Since I already said out corner backs are suspect, this must mean you are referring to other positions as "bookends".

-Can't be the D-line, can't get any better than Kris Jenkins/Julius Peppers. There is no tandem better in the league.

-Can't be the WR's. If Mushin Muhammed holds onto the ball, he should return to form. Steve Smith has arrived. Good combo.

-I guess you are referring to the O-line, and once again it's much ado about nothing. Jordan Gross is a very good lineman (i.e., potential Pro-Bowler this year), and he will do a waaay better job than Steussie did. I've never seen one guy commit the same penalties for the same **** every game like Steussie. A bottle of brass monkey is an upgrade. Willig is serviceable at right tackle, I wish we had better but oh well. The only problems we really have right now is the fact that the o-line isn't healthy.

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Btw, I'm a big Cocks fan ;)

:blush:

JCD
08-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Btw, I'm a big Cocks fan ;) I live in SC during my high school years.

Since I already said out corner backs are suspect, this must mean you are referring to other positions as "bookends".

-Can't be the D-line, can't get any better than Kris Jenkins/Julius Peppers. There is no tandem better in the league.

-Can't be the WR's. If Mushin Muhammed holds onto the ball, he should return to form. Steve Smith has arrived. Good combo.

-I guess you are referring to the O-line, and once again it's much ado about nothing. Jordan Gross is a very good lineman (i.e., potential Pro-Bowler this year), and he will do a waaay better job than Steussie did. I've never seen one guy commit the same penalties for the same **** every game like Steussie. A bottle of brass monkey is an upgrade. Willig is serviceable at right tackle, I wish we had better but oh well. The only problems we really have right now is the fact that the o-line isn't healthy.

Preaching to the choir on Steussie, but he was an adequate LT. The switch is not neccesarily an easy one. Gross is now going to be 1-on-1 with the best the other team has to offer and no TE to help.

I think it could be a weakness.

TVanek26*
08-30-2004, 09:11 PM
AFC EAST
New England
Buffalo
NYJ
Miami

AFC NORTH
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cincinatti
Cleveland

AFC SOUTH
Indy
Jax
Tennessee
Houston

AFC WEST
KC
Oakland
Denver
San Diego

NFC EAST
Philadelphia
Dallas
Washington
NYGiants

NFC NORTH
Green Bay
Minnesota
Chicago
Detroit

NFC SOUTH
Carolina
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

NFC WEST
St.Louis
Seattle
San Francisco
Arizona

AFC WC:Pittsburgh,Jacksonville
NFC WC:Seattle,New Orleans

SB:Indy over Seattle

Son of Steinbrenner
08-30-2004, 11:15 PM
AFC EAST
Pats
Jets *
Dolphins
Bills

AFC North
Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers

AFC SOUTH
Jags
Colts*
Titans
Texans

AFC WEST
Chiefs
Raiders
Broncos
Chargers

NFC EAST
Eagles
Cowboys *
Giants
Redskins

NFC North
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Bears

NFC South
Saints
Panthers *
Falcons
Bucs

NFC WEST
Seahawks
Cards
Rams
49ers

AFC Championship game
Pats over Jags

NFC Championship
Eagles over Panthers

Super Bowl

Pats over Eagles

MVP
Chad pennington :)

Rookie of the Year
Roy Williams

PredsFan77*
08-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Btw, I'm a big Gamecocks fan! I lived in SC during my high school years in Union County ;)

ahh Union, I live in York County

Gibsons Finest
08-31-2004, 12:12 AM
AFC EAST
Pats*
Jets
Dolphins
Bills

AFC North
Ravens*
Bengals
Browns
Steelers

AFC SOUTH
Colts*
Titans*
Jaguars
Texans

AFC WEST
Chiefs*
Raiders
Broncos
Chargers

NFC EAST
Eagles*
Cowboys*
Redskins
Giants

NFC North
Vikings*
Packers*
Bears
Lions

NFC South
Panthers*
Buccaneers
Saints
Falcons

NFC WEST
Rams*
Seahawks*
Cardinals
49ers

NFC Championship Game: Eagles over Rams

AFC Championship Game: Colts over Patriots

Super Bowl: Colts over Eagles

MVP: Peyton Manning
SB MVP: Peyton Manning
Rookie of the year: Roy Williams

NYRangers
08-31-2004, 12:17 AM
AFC EAST
Pats
Jets (WC)
Dolphins
Bills

AFC North
Ravens
Bengals
Browns
Steelers

AFC SOUTH
Colts
Titans (WC)
Texans
Jags

AFC WEST
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders
Chargers

NFC EAST
Eagles
Cowboys (WC)
Redskins
Giants

NFC North
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Bears

NFC South
Saints
Panthers (WC)
Falcons
Bucs

NFC WEST
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
49ers

AFC Championship game
Pats over Colts

NFC Championship
Eagles over Packers

Super Bowl
Pats over Eagles

MVP
Peyton Manning

Rookie of the Year
Kevin Jones

Hyped
08-31-2004, 12:34 AM
AFC
East
NE Pats (11-5)**
Miami (8-8)
NY Jets (8-8)
Buffalo (6-10)

North
Baltimore (10-6)**
Cincinnati (9-7)*
Cleveland (7-9)
Pittsburgh (6-10)

South
Indianapolis (12-4)**
Tennessee (9-7)
Jacksonville (7-9)
Houston (5-11)

West
KansasCity (13-3)**
Denver (10-6)*
Oakland (7-9)
SanDiego (2-14)

NFC
East
Philadelphia (13-3)**
Dallas (9-7)
Washington (9-7)
NYGiants (3-13)

North
Minnesota (11-5)**
GreenBay (9-7)*
Chicago (6-10)
Detroit (5-11)

South
Carolina (9-7)**
TampaBay (8-8)
Atlanta (8-8)
NewOrleans (7-9)

West
St. Louis (10-6)**
Seattle (10-6)*
Arizona (4-12)
SanFrancisco (3-13)

AFC Championship - Indianapolis over Baltimore
NFC Championship - Minnesota over Philadelphia

Super Bowl - Indianapolis over Minnesota

A couple flyers:
-The Bengals make their first post-season appearance since the invention of the wheel.
-The Dolphins have a mediocre season, but it's considered great because of the happenings in the off season. Miami fans are forced to wait for Coach Wannstedt's walking papers for one more year.
-The Eagles loose in the NFC Championship game one more time when DONO & TO gets KO'd by the Minny defense.

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-31-2004, 09:20 AM
eddie george who?

http://tntuff.jesmatdesigns.com/tntuff/uploads/post-8-1093927999.gif

Dr Love
08-31-2004, 10:09 AM
testaverde is the worst QB of all time

Obviously you never watched guys like Sean Salisbury, Steve Pelluer, Stoney Case, etc play.

fear Jacksonville they are going to be a top team this year.

Not with Jack Del Rio as their coach. I don't think people realize that A) Jacksonville isn't that good, and B) with Del Rio is running the show, there will be a ceiling of success.

You need something better than replacement player value, otherwise the DTs can be double teamed all game long and you'll have no apprecible pass rush and have to rely on 'coverage sacks'... see the Eagles of 2003 as a prime example.

High flyin' Habs*
08-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Guys!!! News flash!!! NFL stinks!!! CFL is by far a much better league! More offence more action and more skill!!

PantherboyHTR
08-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Guys!!! News flash!!! NFL stinks!!! CFL is by far a much better league! More offence more action and more skill!!
Then go talk about it in another thread. This one is for NFL. You don't like it, stay out! :mad:

High flyin' Habs*
08-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Then go talk about it in another thread. This one is for NFL. You don't like it, stay out! :mad:
But it is true you know.

MontrealCruiser_83*
08-31-2004, 12:43 PM
But it is true you know.
look at it this way... player X from the CFL gets an offer sheet from the NFL... he's estatic

player Y from the NFL gets an offer sheet from the CFL, he wipes his a** with it...

JCD
08-31-2004, 01:08 PM
You need something better than replacement player value, otherwise the DTs can be double teamed all game long and you'll have no apprecible pass rush and have to rely on 'coverage sacks'... see the Eagles of 2003 as a prime example.

Vikes had that problem. Great DTs without adequate ends are like a hamburger without a bun. Just doesn't get the job done. Any QB worth his salt can roll out of the pocket and buy enough time to get the play off. You need that push from the edge to finish it off.

Hockeyfan02
08-31-2004, 01:44 PM
AFC East:

Pats 12-4
Jets 10-6 *
Bills 6-10
Dolphins 4-12

AFC North:

Ravens 11-5
Bengals 9-7 *
Steelers 8-8
Browns 5-11

AFC South:

Colts 12-4
Titans 7-9
Texans 6-10
Jaguars 6-10

AFC West:

Chiefs 10-6
Broncos 8-8
Raiders 8-8
Chargers 3-13

NFC East:

Eagles 11-5
Redskins 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Giants 4-12

NFC North:

Vikings 11-5
Packers 9-7 *
Lions 7-9
Bears 6-10

NFC South:

Panthers 10-6
Saints 9-7*
Bucs 8-8
Falcons 7-9

NFC West:

Seahawks 13-3
Rams 7-9
49ers 5-11
Cardinals 5-11

Chaos
08-31-2004, 04:00 PM
eddie george who?

http://tntuff.jesmatdesigns.com/tntuff/uploads/post-8-1093927999.gif

Ah yes....the ever original base everything off one play(kind of like Toronto fans with Steen, Avs fans with Svatos goal in the playoffs)....but in defense of Roy(it was kind of disturbing to see him fall like that)...he had absolutely no angle on Chris Brown anyways, so Brown really had it easy to throw him to the ground.

Chaos
08-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Rookie of the year: Roy Williams

You dont realize just how confusing seeing this can be ;)

Gibsons Finest
08-31-2004, 07:14 PM
You dont realize just how confusing seeing this can be ;)

Yeah, I considered putting the (DET) behind his name, but if some guy doesn't know which Roy Williams is a rookie, he probably shouldn't be in this thread.

Fish on The Sand
08-31-2004, 08:44 PM
AFC East

Pats(11-5)
Dolphins(10-6)
Jets(8-8)
Bills(6-10)

North

Ravens(10-6)
Browns(8-8)
Bengals(7-9)
Steelers(7-9)

South

Colts(13-3)
Titans(12-4)
Jags(8-8)
Texans(6-10)

West

Chiefs(12-4)
Broncos(9-7)
Raiders(6-10)
Bolts(2-14)

NFC

East

Eagles(12-4)
Giants(9-7)
Cowboys(9-7)
Skins(6-10)

North

Packers(11-5)
Vikes(9-7)
Lions(5-11)
Bears(4-12)

South

Saints(10-6)
Panthers(9-7)
Falcons(8-8)
Bucs(6-10)

West

Rams(12-4)
Hawks(9-7)
Cards(7-9)
49ers(5-11)

Byes: Colts, Chiefs, Eagles, Rams

1st round

Pats over Fish
Titans over Ravens
Pack over Panthers
Saints over Giants

Divisional Round

Colts over Titans
Chiefs over Pats

Eagles over Saints
Pack over Rams

Championship Round

Chiefs over Colts
Pack over Eagles

Superbowl

Pack over Chiefs

Fire Sather
08-31-2004, 11:07 PM
AFC East:
*New England: 13-3
*New York: 11-5
Buffalo: 7-9
Miami: 5-11

AFC North:
*Baltimore: 10-6
Cincinatti: 9-7
Pittsburgh: 6-10
Cleveland: 5-11

AFC South:
*Indy: 11-5
*Jacksonville: 10-6 (my sleeper pick this year)
Tennessee: 8-8
Houston: 7-9

AFC West:
*Kansas City: 11-5
Denver: 7-9
Oakland: 5-11
San Diego: 3-13

AFC Championship: Colts over Chiefs
----------------------------------------------------
NFC East:
*Philly: 12-4
*Dallas: 10-6
Washington: 8-8
New York: 7-9

NFC North:
*Minnesota: 10-6
Green Bay: 9-7
Detriot: 7-9
Chicago: 4-12

NFC South:
*Carolina 11-5
*New Orleans: 10-6
Tampa Bay: 9-7
Atlanta: 7-9

NFC West:
*Seattle: 10-6
St Louis: 8-8
Arizona: 4-12
San Francisco: 2-14

NFC Championship:
Philly over Minnesota

DTD With a Knee
09-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Here's my predicitons

P.S.- Remember, insanity is genetic, so please blame my parents for anything I write that requires me to be institutionalized.

AFC East

*New England 12-4 I think their D will be much better than last year...2 more losses because of the little things that they seemed immune to last year
*Buffalo 10-6 D was vastly improved last year. Bledsoe rebounds well.
NY Jets 8-8 Offense will be pretty darn good I think. Inconsistency on D will be the thorn in their side
Miami 8-8 Had them as my surprise Super Bowl team before they lost Ricky and Boston.

AFC North

*Baltimore 13-3 Awesome Defense + a division schedule that could be a cakewalk = home field advantage
Cincinnati 7-9 Carson Palmer will have growing pains. Headaches of Corey Dillon replaced by whining of Chad Johnson
Pittsburgh 6-10 The year that the Tommy Maddox love affair finally dies.
Cleveland 5-11 Jeff Garcia will help them to irk out an extra win or 2, which tells you how bad they'd be withour him

AFC South

*Indianapolis 10-6 Edge will be an MVP candidate, but I dont think Manning will match last year's performance
*Houston 10-6 They face some soft cookies at home, which could help put them over the top.
Tennessee 9-7 No George, Kearse or McCareins...that said they'll play well anyway, but just miss the cut.
Jacksonville 3-13 A sexy pick for alot of people, but I'm not buying it. Defense is improving, but its not enough to make up for a very young offense.

AFC West

*Denver 11-5 Defense doesnt allow alot of points, and that was before Champ Bailey was added to the mix. Plummer will be good, Griffin will be better.
Kansas City 9-7 Their strength, the offense, is now less of a sure thing with a recieving corp decimated by injuries.
Oakland 7-9 They'll rebound big time, but its age finally showed last year, and it will show again.
San Diego 2-14 The Padres will play through to the beginning of October at least, so that's a good thing.

NFC East

*Washington 11-5 The offseason additions were made to Joe Gibbs' liking, and by golly I have to believe he knows what he's doing.
*Dallas 10-6 I dont think its possible for Bill Parcells to do worse in his second year with a team. I dont think they'll be any better though, so 10-6 it is.
*Philadelphia 10-6 I think they'll miss Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor. I think they'll wish they missed T.O.
NY Giants 6-10 If Warner stays the starter, the offense will show flashes of brilliance, but not many.

NFC North

*Minnesota 9-7 Slowly getting better...will start strong again, but wont collapse as badly in the end.
Green Bay 9-7 Defense will be a glaring fault. As always, its Brett Favre that keeps them in the hunt.
Chicago 7-9 Guys on defense arent Lovie Smith's speed kind of guys, but the system will be in place.
Detroit 5-11 By the end of the season, the Joey Harrington bust talk will be circulating.

NFC South

*Tampa Bay 12-4 They'll benefit from getting some younger legs on Defense. With alot of Johnson dump offs to Charlie Garner, the offense will do just enough to get by.
Carolina 10-6 Great Defense returns. The painful reality of tiebreakers keeps them out of the playoffs.
Atlanta 9-7 It'll take Vick a few weeks to really get the most out of the west coast offense. Might be too little too late though.
New Orleans 4-12 This team has always been overrated IMO. Alot of turnovers will demoralize them early on, and they wont recover.

NFC West

*Seattle 11-5 Everything finally comes together this year. But like in GB, Holmgren will have to spend a few years near the top before he gets to the pinnacle
St.Louis 9-7 O-Line will keep Bulger and the running game honest. Their defense is underrated.
San Francisco 4-12 It's very hard to admit when your favorite team is licked, but its kind of hard to be in denial about this roster. They still have a good defense, and it'll help keep some games close, but a loss is a loss no matter how few points its by. But thank God there's always...
Arizona 3-13 I think McCown will be very good, and it'll show on paper once Boldin comes back, but besides them and Fitzgerald, there's really nothing else notable about this team.

AFC Playoffs
Rd.1
Denver over Houston
Indianapolis over Buffalo
Rd.2
Baltimore over Indianapolis
New England over Denver
Championship Game
New England over Baltimore

NFC Playoffs
Rd.1
Philadelphia over Seattle
Dallas over Minnesota
Rd.2
Tampa Bay over Philadelphia
Washington over Dallas
Championship Game
Tampa Bay over Washington

Super Bowl XXXIX
Tampa Bay over New England

Fish on The Sand
09-02-2004, 05:33 AM
Kansas City 9-7 Their strength, the offense, is now less of a sure thing with a recieving corp decimated by injuries.

this would matter if they actually used their receivers, and decimated is a pretty harsh term for losing your 4th receiver.

Hyped
09-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Is everyone adding wins and losses for their predicitons?

it has to add up to 256 wins and 256 losses

Are you kidding? That would take effort...

Dr Love
09-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Superbowl

Pack over Chiefs

Of course, neither team has a defense that can get them past the second round (assuming GB even makes the playoffs).

Dr Love
09-02-2004, 11:52 PM

Jacksonville is definately a sleeper this year. In fact, they're still waiting for the offense to wake up.

I don't understand the fascination with Jacksonville this year. Sure, they'll be better. But their defense has some major holes, Fred Taylor is a risk, and people are really overlooking that Jack Del Rio is perhaps the worst head coach in the league.

thestonedkoala
09-03-2004, 12:41 AM
My problem is this...

I think TO is great and I think Donovan is good but...I am kind of nervous and don't think they'll do as good.

Fire Sather
09-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Is everyone adding wins and losses for their predicitons?

it has to add up to 256 wins and 256 losses

GKJ
09-08-2004, 09:55 AM
AFC:

North:
Baltimore 10-6 -- No significant changes, defense is great the offense doesn't have to be
Pittsburgh 10-6 -- Duce Staley I think will make a difference, any team is a good team with 2 good half backs
Cincinnati 7-9 -- Losing Dillon hurts, still have many things to prove
Cleveland 6-10 -- Not a terrible ream, but not a good one either

South:
Indianapolis 13-3 -- A team always getting better with experience
Tennessee 8-8 -- McNair can't do it by himself forever, the running game will get no respect
Houston 7-9 -- Will be in the hunt for a while, team still getting better
Jacksonville 5-11 -- Was a contender to be the 'team from nowhere' before they started dumping players off

East:
NY Jets 12-4 -- A very good team with an improved defense
New England 11-5 -- Super Bowl Hangover a bit a la 2002
Buffalo 9-7 -- In a very tough division
Miami 4-12 -- Free pass this season for the coaching staff

West:
Kansas City 10-6 -- Not much reason to beleive anyone else can dethrone them
Oakland 8-8 -- Good players as depth for other teams
San Diego 6-10 -- They're not as bad as everyone thinks
Denver 6-10 -- No offense, no way

NFC:

North:
Minnesota 10-6 -- As long as they can keep their **** together this year
Green Bay 9-7 -- Always a threat
Detroit 8-8 -- As long as Matt Millen keeps his head out of his ass
Chicago 6-10 -- A respectable team in a tougher division

South:
New Orleans 10-6 -- Lots of talent, if Deuce gets the ball he can do great things, the passing game does not need to be awsome, as long as the defense is OK.
Carolina 7-9 -- This is 2004. You're not for real unless you do it again
Tampa Bay 7-9 -- I don't really see how this team is better
Atlanta 7-9 -- Just give Vick the ball

East:
Philadelphia 13-3 -- Easy schedule for a division winner.
Dallas 9-7 -- I didn't think they were for real this year, but the NFC is so bad...
Washington 7-9 -- Joe Gibbs, yeah, let's give him another year to really put the team as he needs it.
NY Giants 2-14 -- Thanks for coming.

West:
Seattle 12-4 -- Bad division for a great team
St. Louis 8-8 -- Wrong answer
Arizona 7-9 -- Good season for a bad (hopefully improving) franchise
San Francisco 2-14 -- Wrong answer

Playoffs:

(3) Baltimore over (6) Pittsburgh
(5) New England over (4) Kansas City

(4) New Orleans over (5) Dallas
(3) Minnesota over (6) Green Bay

--------------------------------------

(1) Indianapolis over (5) New England
(2) NY Jets over (3) Baltimore

(1)Philadelphia over (4) New Orleans
(2)Seattle over (3) Minnesota

(1) Indianapolis over (2) NY Jets

(2) Seattle over (1) Philadelphia (and will be the first team in NFL history to lost 4 straight conference championship games, 3 at home)

Super Bowl XXXIX

Seattle over Indianapolis

Seattle over

Fish on The Sand
09-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Of course, neither team has a defense that can get them past the second round (assuming GB even makes the playoffs).
a lot of espn experts picked the chiefs to win it all, and even more picked them to lose to the eagles. Pack is just a darkhorse pick for me. I'll admit I'm really going out on a limb there.

Fire Sather
09-08-2004, 12:31 PM
AFC:

North:
Baltimore 10-6 -- No significant changes, defense is great the offense doesn't have to be
Pittsburgh 10-6 -- Duce Staley I think will make a difference, any team is a good team with 2 good half backs
Cincinnati 7-9 -- Losing Dillon hurts, still have many things to prove
Cleveland 6-10 -- Not a terrible ream, but not a good one either

South:
Indianapolis 13-3 -- A team always getting better with experience
Tennessee 8-8 -- McNair can't do it by himself forever, the running game will get no respect
Houston 7-9 -- Will be in the hunt for a while, team still getting better
Jacksonville 5-11 -- Was a contender to be the 'team from nowhere' before they started dumping players off

East:
NY Jets 12-4 -- A very good team with an improved defense
New England 11-5 -- Super Bowl Hangover a bit a la 2002
Buffalo 9-7 -- In a very tough division
Miami 4-12 -- Free pass this season for the coaching staff

West:
Kansas City 10-6 -- Not much reason to beleive anyone else can dethrone them
Oakland 8-8 -- Good players as depth for other teams
San Diego 6-10 -- They're not as bad as everyone thinks
Denver 6-10 -- No offense, no way

NFC:

North:
Minnesota 10-6 -- As long as they can keep their **** together this year
Green Bay 9-7 -- Always a threat
Detroit 8-8 -- As long as Matt Millen keeps his head out of his ass
Chicago 6-10 -- A respectable team in a tougher division

South:
New Orleans 10-6 -- Lots of talent, if Deuce gets the ball he can do great things, the passing game does not need to be awsome, as long as the defense is OK.
Carolina 7-9 -- This is 2004. You're not for real unless you do it again
Tampa Bay 7-9 -- I don't really see how this team is better
Atlanta 7-9 -- Just give Vick the ball

East:
Philadelphia 13-3 -- Easy schedule for a division winner.
Dallas 9-7 -- I didn't think they were for real this year, but the NFC is so bad...
Washington 7-9 -- Joe Gibbs, yeah, let's give him another year to really put the team as he needs it.
NY Giants 2-14 -- Thanks for coming.

West:
Seattle 12-4 -- Bad division for a great team
St. Louis 8-8 -- Wrong answer
Arizona 7-9 -- Good season for a bad (hopefully improving) franchise
San Francisco 2-14 -- Wrong answer

Playoffs:

(3) Baltimore over (6) Pittsburgh
(5) New England over (4) Kansas City

(4) New Orleans over (5) Dallas
(3) Minnesota over (6) Green Bay

(1) Indianapolis over (5) New England
(2) NY Jets over (3) Baltimore

(1)Philadelphia over (4) New Orleans
(2)Seattle over (3) Minnesota

(1) Indianapolis over (2) NY Jets

(2) Seattle over (1) Philadelphia (and will be the first team in NFL history to lost 4 straight conference championship games, 3 at home)

Super Bowl XXXIX

Seattle over Indianapolis

Seattle over

Your better than most.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Fire Sather
09-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Are you kidding? That would take effort...

Doesnt take long to simply add.

Dr Love
09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
a lot of espn experts picked the chiefs to win it all, and even more picked them to lose to the eagles. Pack is just a darkhorse pick for me. I'll admit I'm really going out on a limb there.

So what? I don't care who Randy Mueller and Mark Schlereth think will go to the SB. Did anyone pick the Panthers last year? Or the Patriots three years ago? Or the Rams 5 years ago? Or Ravens 4 years ago? Predictions are always wrong. The Chiefs defense was so bad last year, they couldn't force a punt, let alone get out of the first round. They added no one via free agency or trade, it's still the same starters that did nothing last year. The Packers defense was mediocre last year, and they not only added no one, but they let players go and have McKenzie holding out. I can't see either one getting past the second round, and I have my doubts Green Bay will even make the playoffs.

Dr Love
09-08-2004, 12:57 PM
I guess I should do a whole league thing....

NFC

East
Eagles 11-5*
Redskins 9-7
Cowboys 7-9
Giants 6-10

North
Vikings 11-5*
Packers 9-7*
Lions 6-10
Bears 6-10

South
Panthers 10-6*
Bucs 8-8
Falcons 7-9
Saints 7-9

West
Seahawks 11-5*
Rams 10-6*
Cardinals 6-10
49ers 3-13

AFC

East
Patriots 11-5*
Jets 10-6*
Bills 9-7
Dolphins 4-12

North
Ravens 9-7*
Bengals 8-8
Steelers 8-8
Browns 4-12

South
Colts 12-4*
Titans 11-5*
Texans 7-9
Jaguars 6-10

West
Chiefs 11-5*
Broncos 9-7
Raiders 7-9
Chargers 3-13

Enoch
09-08-2004, 10:31 PM
The Titans just lost Joe Nedney for the season (again), and signed 3rd string QB Doug Johnson....Looks like they will be using Heintrich until a PK can be found. :help: The funny thing is, Joe Nedney hasn't played a game in almost 2 years, and ironically, his injuries began almst hte moment after they did a big tv feature about how happy he was to be with the Titans organization longterm (3 years I believe which would mean he has a year after this season ends).

MontrealCruiser_83*
09-08-2004, 11:03 PM
The Titans just lost Joe Nedney for the season (again), and signed 3rd string QB Doug Johnson....Looks like they will be using Heintrich until a PK can be found. :help: The funny thing is, Joe Nedney hasn't played a game in almost 2 years, and ironically, his injuries began almst hte moment after they did a big tv feature about how happy he was to be with the Titans organization longterm (3 years I believe which would mean he has a year after this season ends).
Yeah, it sucks. But Hentrich isn't a bad PK at all... Infact, I prefered him over Anderson last year.

Gramatica is being looked at.

TVanek26*
09-09-2004, 06:49 AM
They should bring in Elling if they're smart.Best available.

FlyersHomer DM03
09-09-2004, 11:00 AM

If the Eagles win the super bowl I am never going to watch an NFL game again, because the quality of play will have to have deteriorated that much--I'd be better suited (and spending less) watching high school 'ball.

I'm posting my picks later, must get to class...that comment just irked a response out of me immedately, will post picks later

Dr Love
09-09-2004, 11:25 AM
If the Eagles win the super bowl I am never going to watch an NFL game again, because the quality of play will have to have deteriorated that much--I'd be better suited (and spending less) watching high school 'ball.

I'm posting my picks later, must get to class...that comment just irked a response out of me immedately, will post picks later

Harsh. You wouldn't watch because a team on the cusp of the Super Bowl 3 years in a row finally gets over the hump is an indication that the quality of play is so bad? A bit ridiculous. The 49ers, Cardinals, Chargers, Browns, or even Dolphins; I could see your point. But the Eagles?

The G Man
01-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Pittsburgh 8-8

Tennessee 10-6 (*)

KansasCity 11-5 (*)

SanDiego 4-12

Atlanta 5-11

Seattle 11-5 (*)

Ouch.

Fire Sather
01-03-2005, 01:11 PM
AFC East:
*New England: 13-3
*New York: 11-5
Buffalo: 7-9
Miami: 5-11

AFC North:
*Baltimore: 10-6
Cincinatti: 9-7
Pittsburgh: 6-10
Cleveland: 5-11

AFC South:
*Indy: 11-5
Tennessee: 8-8
Houston: 7-9

AFC West:
*Kansas City: 11-5
Denver: 7-9
Oakland: 5-11
San Diego: 3-13

AFC Championship: Colts over Chiefs
----------------------------------------------------
NFC East:
*Philly: 12-4
*Dallas: 10-6
Washington: 8-8
New York: 7-9

NFC North:
*Minnesota: 10-6
Green Bay: 9-7
Detriot: 7-9
Chicago: 4-12

NFC South:
*Carolina 11-5
*New Orleans: 10-6
Tampa Bay: 9-7
Atlanta: 7-9

NFC West:
*Seattle: 10-6
St Louis: 8-8
Arizona: 4-12
San Francisco: 2-14

NFC Championship:
Philly over Minnesota

6 outta 12 playoff teams.. not horrible. Ouch with PIT and SD though.

Hockeyfan02
01-03-2005, 01:29 PM
AFC East:

Pats 12-4
Jets 10-6 *
Bills 6-10
Dolphins 4-12

AFC North:

Ravens 11-5
Bengals 9-7 *
Steelers 8-8
Browns 5-11

AFC South:

Colts 12-4
Titans 7-9
Texans 6-10
Jaguars 6-10

AFC West:

Chiefs 10-6
Broncos 8-8
Raiders 8-8
Chargers 3-13

NFC East:

Eagles 11-5
Redskins 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Giants 4-12

NFC North:

Vikings 11-5
Packers 9-7 *
Lions 7-9
Bears 6-10

NFC South:

Panthers 10-6
Saints 9-7*
Bucs 8-8
Falcons 7-9

NFC West:

Seahawks 13-3
Rams 7-9
49ers 5-11
Cardinals 5-11

AFC East: Right on with both Miami and the Jets. Had the divison picked right 1-4.
AFC North: ....At least I had the Browns last and was close to the Bengals record
AFC South...Got Indy right on. Everything else was wrong.
AFC West...Really missed on the Chargers, gave Da Raidas way too much credit
NFC East...gave both the Skins and Boys too much credit
NFC Central...Flip the Pack and Vikes and it looks good
NFC South...Another ugly one
NFC West...Didnt think the Seahawks would be as mediocre as they were, didnt think my boys would be as bad as they were.

7 out of 12 playoff teams isnt bad. 4 division winners too.

The G Man
01-03-2005, 02:55 PM
7 out of 12 playoff teams isnt bad.
8 out of 12. :D

FearTheFlyers
01-03-2005, 05:13 PM
GKJ was the only person to predict the Steelers over .500.