[SWE/FIN] News About U20 Evaluation Camp in the States

cagney
08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
I just thought I'd let you know that USA Hockey seems to have plans to videocast the games from this event live on their website.

Games from the 2004 National Junior Evaluation Camp will be videocast live at the official site for the 2005 IIHF World Junior Championship, www.worldjuniors2005.com, and www.usahockey.com.
Link (http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/juniors/main/n236/04natleval_camp_ann//)

This press release is from back in June when the US roster was announced and I only just now noticed that sentence in the last parragraph. I figured I'd bring it to your attention incase you missed it as well. Keep an eye on usahockey.com for more information.

Predatore
08-03-2004, 02:50 AM
:banana:

An Ape called Yoko
08-03-2004, 05:10 AM
:handclap:

:jump:

Riddarn
08-03-2004, 05:22 AM
:gman: :cheers: :propeller

---

I hope they will make the games downloadable too, I have a few gigs to spare ;)

GoGoHuselius
08-03-2004, 05:27 AM
well... i am happy as well, but everyone has used up all the good smiley faces and bananas and such, so i can't show it.

Seiza
08-03-2004, 05:41 AM
well... i am happy as well, but everyone has used up all the good smiley faces and bananas and such, so i can't show it.

What about :thumbu: :highclap: :clap: :bow: ?

GoGoHuselius
08-03-2004, 05:44 AM
What about :thumbu: :highclap: :clap: :bow: ?

rats... everyone just pretend i posted those smiley jobbies, not Seiza :) .

An Ape called Yoko
08-03-2004, 05:50 AM
Will do.

:rolly: :snide: :joker: :dunce: :lol

At least these smileys look happy :P

Riddarn
08-03-2004, 06:04 AM
I used to hate emoticons. Funny how much a dancing banana can change.. ;)

Leo Naphta
08-05-2004, 12:53 PM
On a related note: Isn't Sweden supposed to play Tingsryd today?

Kronblom
08-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Yes, they also have a small interview with Loui Eriksson on their site.

http://www.taif.nu/content/game/preGameInfo.asp?matchId=1&leagueId=18

Panopticon
08-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Like I said in the other thread in the other section, I already paid for the webcasts... I hope they're in good quality...

Fredrik
08-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Like I said in the other thread in the other section, I already paid for the webcasts... I hope they're in good quality...

In case you missed, here's the link:
http://dataflix2.surtos.com/scripts/default.asp

Predatore
08-07-2004, 03:51 PM
In case you missed, here's the link:
http://dataflix2.surtos.com/scripts/default.asp

are you going to pay for it Fredrik?
I am thinking about it, don't know how well that webcast will work though.. hmmz

Fredrik
08-07-2004, 03:53 PM
are you going to pay for it Fredrik?
I am thinking about it, don't know how well that webcast will work though.. hmmz

I think I'll pay for it. I have to check the technical stuff but as long as that works properly I will at least pay for Sweden vs. Finland.

Predatore
08-07-2004, 04:21 PM
ah darn, was about to pay for it now, had to set up a paypal account (did not have one before). However, to transfer money from my bank to the paypal account I actually have to go to the bank and do it, it says. And even then, it takes 3-4 days. Since it is Sunday tomorrow I wouldn't get the $ in time to watch the entire tournament (which is what I wish). Grrr, why can't paypal accept simple internet bank / credit card transfers? grrr

Riddarn
08-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Ah.. well then I too can forget about it. I don't have a paypal account, and even if I did, what guaranties are there that it would actually work? Even though I'm on a broadband connection, streaming high-quality video from whole another continent is bound to hit a bottleneck somewhere.

Damn.

Fredrik
08-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Paypal?

I don't get it. I can choose between Visa, Mastercard etc.

BUT, it says I cannot buy unless I add state/province and when I do add this I get an error message saying that address of cardholder isn't correct... :shakehead

Riddarn
08-07-2004, 04:41 PM
Paypal?

I don't get it. I can choose between Visa, Mastercard etc.

Ah, ok. I didn't even bother to check ;)

Predatore
08-07-2004, 04:57 PM
this is what I do

1) Add to chart
2) Click "Checkout"
3) New viewer (create an account there)
4) Fillin all info except compay, as for state/province I enter "Sweden" and in the scroll-down where they have countries (I choose Netherlands... what else to do?)
5) Click next

then I get this "authorize" logo, if I click that one.. it will send the payment to my paypal account, but since I don't have money on it.. I guess it will not work :(

perhaps tommi462,
could tell us about it, how it worked?

Fredrik
08-07-2004, 04:59 PM
I checked my bank account and it had a payment and a correction. I never did anything with paypal and I never even saw anything about until afterwards when I tried to see how to delete the order.

Predatore
08-07-2004, 05:01 PM
hmm, do I understand you correctly. You succeeded in purchasing the event?

(and now you want to cancel it?)

Fredrik
08-07-2004, 05:04 PM
hmm, do I understand you correctly. You succeeded in purchasing the event?

(and now you want to cancel it?)

No, I managed to submit a payment but then I received an error message saying address of cardholder was wrong. My bank statement showed that money left my account and there was also a correction of the transaction. My feeling is that the VISA security stopped this. I don't know how to proceed from here.

Predatore
08-07-2004, 05:05 PM
aha, I see.
Hmmz, I haven't even been asked to select visa and enter my credit card number.. hmmz

Riddarn
08-07-2004, 05:14 PM
:confused:

(hey, never used this one before!)

Fredrik
08-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Something is wrong here. I tried again with the same result. I don't want to try too many times as this may make both VISA and my bank think someone else is using my card.

During the payment process I never noticed anything about paypal. Sure, it wasn't really clear that I picked VISA but as money left my bank account this was correct.

I think it's got something to do with the billing adress saying Netherlands but it's too late to change that now. I changed this on the payment form but it didn't work so regardless of the reason the payment was unsuccessfull.

cagney
08-08-2004, 02:57 AM
Perhaps you can get in touch with the people at dataflix.com who run the whole thing. The are a number of e-mail address' on this (http://www.dataflix.com/scripts/aboutUs.asp) page. Good luck getting things to work.

LASTAR
08-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Sweden 3
Team Blue 0

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/international/main/home/04eval_day1_swe_blue/

An Ape called Yoko
08-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Sweden 3
Team Blue 0

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/international/main/home/04eval_day1_swe_blue/

Great start. Heino-lindberg was awesome I read. Carl Söderberg had 1 goal and 1 assist.

Predatore
08-11-2004, 03:09 AM
Bergfors continues to impress with a goal in the opening game. Nice! :)

Pekka Lampinen
08-11-2004, 03:10 AM
FIN - USA White 3-1

Teemu Nurmi (Otto Honkaheimo) PP
Petteri Nokelainen (Arsi Piispanen)
Juho Keränen

Tuukka Rask 23/24

montreal
08-11-2004, 01:15 PM
I'll be watching all the games except saturdays, so I can keep an eye out for any players. If you could provide a jersey #, it would help. I'll be keeping a very close eye on Sweden's goalie, but in the other games I'll just be watching for fun.

Predatore
08-11-2004, 01:39 PM
montreal,
Anything you can say about Nicklas Bergfors (#28) after the game would be appreciated. He is the only one on the team likely to get drafted next summer, thus he is the one to watch here :)

Chaos
08-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Yes, they also have a small interview with Loui Eriksson on their site.

http://www.taif.nu/content/game/preGameInfo.asp?matchId=1&leagueId=18

Can someone translate that interview :)

mattihp
08-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Tingsryd's coach Staffan Nykvist:

With two on-ice scrimmages done before the season's first practice game it'll be interesting to see how our team holds up against "småkronorna". No perfect on-ice preparations, but this game is good practice for what will come.

Different parts in the game will be very important to us in this game, not the result. We probably have to specialice on playing smart in all situations in the game, ie defense first in the game.

All one-on-on situations will show where we stand at this time, as hockey is a fight game.

So all TAIF-fans are welcome to a new hockey season with many exciting and intense games.

Hockey Greetings

Staffan

That'll have to do, I am lazy today, sorry for errors.

Predatore
08-11-2004, 02:52 PM
lol, Matti :) He wanted the interview translated not "Staffan" talking about Tingsryd hehe

Welcom to Tingsryd Loui
Thanks.

Tell us a bit about yourself
I am 19-years old and I play for Västra Frölunda. I started playing hockey when I was 4 in Lerums BK

For how long have you been playing with the national team
I made the U16-team right after TV-pucken (a prospect tournament) when I was 15.

What does the future hold for you personally?
Playing with Västra Frölunda is what matters, I scored 13 points last season and my goal is obviously to increase those numbers this season. My long term goal is to play in the NHL and I am drafted by the Dallas Stars.

What are your thoughts going into this game?
Difficult to say, Tingsryds AIF have a good team and play in a competitive division. They have been on ice longer than we so we have to to wait and see how it goes, it will be the first game of the season for both teams. I started skating with Frölunda last monday.

Have you (the national team) faced other "club teams" recently?
We faced AIK last season and we beat them quite comfortably, but this squad is totally new with the exception of 3 players so it is difficult to draw any similarities.

Where will you go after Tingsryd?
We will go to Grand Forks and Thief River Falls in the US to play U20 Summer Camp, a tourney with two U20-teams from the USA and one from Finland. Since the WJC is held there next year this will be valuable for us as we will get to know the place and play on the smaller rinks.

Thanks.. bla bla bla
Thank you very much

mattihp
08-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I meet Loui Eriksson in our office after the U20-national team has had a meeting prior to the on-ice practice.

Q:Welcome to Tingsryd, Loui.
A:Thanks

Q:Tell us a bit about yourself
A:I am 19 years old and I play for Västra Frölunda. Started to play hockey as a 4-year old with Lerums BK.

Q:How long have you been with the national team?
A:I got into the U16 national team right after TV-Pucken when I was 15 years.

Q:How does the future look for you, personally?
A:Right now it's playing with VF that is #1, got 13 points in the regular season last season and the goal is of course to alter that point total this season. My goal for the future is to play in the NHL and I am drafted by the Dallas Stars.

Q:What are your expectations on the game?
A:Hard to say, TAIF is a good team that play in a tough league. They've been on ice for a bit longer than we so we'll have to see how it goes, it is the first game of the season for both teams. For myself I went on ice with VF on monday.

Q:Have you met other clubs recently?
A: We met AIK last season that we beat quite easily, but the team is entirely new except for three players so it is hard to do any comparisons.

Q:Where are you going after Tingsryd?
A:We are going to Grand Forks and Thief River Falls in the US to play U-20 Summer Camp, a tournament with two U20 teams from USA and one from Finland. When U-World Champs also will be there next year it'll be good to test the smaller ices.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and good luck in the future.
LE: Thank you.

Worst interview ever :P those are things he could've dragged off the internet, and asked some more interesting questions instead...

mattihp
08-11-2004, 02:58 PM
lol, Matti :) He wanted the interview translated not "Staffan" talking about Tingsryd hehe

Welcom to Tingsryd Loui
Thanks.

I am 19-years old and I play for Västra Frölunda. I started playing hockey when I was 4 in Lerums BK

I made the U16-team right after TV-pucken (a prospect tournament) when I was 15.

Playing with Västra Frölunda is what matters, I scored 13 points last season and my goal is obviously to increase those numbers this season. My long term goal is to play in the NHL and I am drafted by the Dallas Stars.

Difficult to say, Tingsryds AIF have a good team and play in a competitive division. They have been on ice longer than we so we have to to wait and see how it goes, it will be the first game of the season for both teams. I started skating with Frölunda last monday.

We faced AIK last season and we beat them quite comfortably, but this squad is totally new with the exception of 3 players so it is difficult to draw any similarities.

We will go to Grand Forks and Thief River Falls in the US to play U20 Summer Camp, a tourney with two U20-teams from the USA and one from Finland. Since the WJC is held there next year this will be valuable for us as we will get to know the place and play on the smaller rinks.

Thanks.. bla bla bla
Thank you very much
You're much too quick ;)

Chaos
08-11-2004, 03:31 PM

Welcom to Tingsryd Loui
Thanks.

Thanks.. bla bla bla
Thank you very much

Gracias ;)

Predatore
08-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Sweden leads the tournament after another win (after shootouts).

USA White vs. Sweden 3-4 (1-0, 2-1, 0-2, shootout)
1-0 T. Haskins
1-1 D. Fredriksson (O. Svanberg)
2-1 K. Porter (Dubinsky, Weller)
3-1 C. Bourque (Brown, Fritsche)
3-2 C. Söderberg (K. Olsson)
3-3 L. Videll (O. Svanberg)
3-4 Shootouts

Pekka Lampinen
08-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Finland 0 - 1 - 0 -- 2
USA Blue 0 - 6 - 3 -- 9

First Period -- Scoring: None.

Second Period – Scoring: 1, FIN, Nokelainen (Piispanen, Videll), 0:31. 2, USA, O’Sullivan (unassisted), 3:58. 3, USA, Kessel (Macias), 6:32. 4, USA, Hunwick (Dowell, Earl), 7:48. 5, USA, Vigilante (Hensick, Suter), 14:43. 6, USA, Hensick (unassisted), 14:55. 7, USA, O’Sullivan (Montoya), 18:13.

Third Period – Scoring: 8, SWE, Hietanen (Nokelainen), 5:03. 9, USA, Auffrey (O’Sullivan), 5:34. 10, USA, Kessel (Stafford, Montoya). 11, USA, Blake Wheeler (unassisted), 19:45.

Shots – FIN: 12 – 8 – 8 – 28. USA: 11 – 23 – 12 – 46.

Goaltenders – FIN, Tarkki (46 shots, 37 saves). USA, Holt (17 shots, 16 saves), Montoya (11 shots, 10 saves).

The stats guy could've bothered to concentrate. What's Videll's jersey number?

As for comments on the outcome: ouch.

Predatore
08-12-2004, 04:01 AM
hehe, Widell wears #18.

Pekka Lampinen
08-12-2004, 11:00 AM
...So the assist goes to Iivo Hokkanen.

mattihp
08-12-2004, 11:04 AM
What's up with the crappy team Finland sent?

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Assuming that the u20 team in the US is the main part of the WJC team, which players could make it stronger?

Predatore
08-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Assuming that the u20 team in the US is the main part of the WJC team, which players could make it stronger?

Goalies
None will make it stronger, David Rautio is a good third goalie though.

Defense
Mattias Karlsson (5th, 6th defenseman)

Forwards
Robert Nilsson (top 5 forward)
Johan Salmonsson (top 5 forward)
Liam Lindström (I think he will get his breakthrough with Sundsvall and make the team)

also.. possibly one or two WHLers if they have breakthrough seasons over there.
Also have in mind that a few players that a few player that get attention this season for the first time (like Monir Kalgoum last year) will make the team.

Top Swedish forwards offensively IMO
Carl Söderberg
Loui Eriksson
Robert Nilsson
Johannes Salmonsson
Nicklas Bergfors

5 very good players, but I would like to see one really good center more. I feel Söderberg is a bit too alone.

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 08:25 AM
How about Oscar Sundh?

Predatore
08-13-2004, 09:57 AM
that is one of those guys I think could surprise and take a sport. He did well last season at a young age and I can't see a reason why he should get around 15-20 points with Almtuna this season, which could help him earn a sport on the team.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sundh with Djurgården already next season.

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 10:08 AM
Sundh will have almost two years of senior hockey experience before this WJC. That, together with his skating, could be what tips the scales over in his favour.

About the center position, can't Robert Nilsson play center? I know he's maybe not the safest defensive option, but still..

Predatore
08-13-2004, 10:33 AM
yes, he can. But it feels it has been quite some time since he was used at center. He should do okay, but then a responsible winger beside him would be required.

Taking stab at the lines (the locks IMO, are in blue)

David Fredriksson - Carl Söderberg - Linus Videll
Loui Eriksson - Robert Nilsson - Johannes Salmonsson
Nicklas Bergfors - Linus Persson - Kalle Olsson/Daniel Åhsberg
Oscar Sundh - Liam Lindström - Fred Wikner

the fourth one being primarily a shutdown line. I'd guess there are many that could take LIndström's center spot; Alexander Larsson, Mattias Hellström. Well quite honestly that entire fourth line could look entirerly different.

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 11:25 AM
It will be interesting to see how things develop this fall. I think there are quite a few guys that could turn up out of the blue. The defense is a perticularly open affair, I mean are there any real locks beside Fransson and maybe Hedman?

Fredrik
08-13-2004, 11:51 AM
It will be interesting to see how things develop this fall. I think there are quite a few guys that could turn up out of the blue. The defense is a perticularly open affair, I mean are there any real locks beside Fransson and maybe Hedman?

Yes, I believe Täng and Mattias Karlsson are certain to play.

mattihp
08-13-2004, 11:53 AM
yes, he can. But it feels it has been quite some time since he was used at center. He should do okay, but then a responsible winger beside him would be required.

Taking stab at the lines (the locks IMO, are in blue)

David Fredriksson - Carl Söderberg - Linus Videll
Loui Eriksson - Robert Nilsson - Johannes Salmonsson
Nicklas Bergfors - Linus Persson - Kalle Olsson/Daniel Åhsberg
Oscar Sundh - Liam Lindström - Fred Wikner

the fourth one being primarily a shutdown line. I'd guess there are many that could take LIndström's center spot; Alexander Larsson, Mattias Hellström. Well quite honestly that entire fourth line could look entirerly different.
Wikner *should* be a lock on the fourth line imo

Predatore
08-13-2004, 05:03 PM
yay!, Sweden vs. Finland is about to start.. and I am watching it! :banana:
:bow: GoGo

Predatore
08-13-2004, 05:20 PM
I see some people browsing the boards, so I give you guys an update
1-0 Sweden on the PP, 4:53 into the first period. Daniel Åhsberg assisted by Loui Eriksson.

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Cool. An update after each period would be nice :)

Predatore
08-13-2004, 05:38 PM
End of first period, 1-0 Sweden

A good period IMO, pretty tight game.. both teams had a couple of good scoring chances.

Bergfors was called for tripping 19:41 so Finland will start the second period on the PP.

some that stood out
Daniel Åhsberg - scored an excellent goal on the PP, rounded a defenseman.. starting from behind the net and put it past Rask. He skated circles around the Finnish defenseman there for around and looked very sharp.

Nicklas Bergfors - had one shift where he skated like a maniac while others stood still, displayed great stickhandling and released a pretty good shot as he was basically falling to the ice.

Carl Söderberg - strong early in the period, skating well along the boards. Less visible at the nd.

Magnus Åkerlund - made a couple of fine saves

Oscar Hedman - best D so far, played well through center ice and saved Sweden as the puck was just about to go in, but Hedman got his stick there right beside the post and got the puck away.

Stefan Erkgärds - playing the body, quite impressive although a bit borderline at
one time

More updates to come (if there are goals scored and at the end of the second)

Habdominal
08-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Do you think that it's possible that Nilsson dosn't get selected for the WJC, and would you consider this a sign that he's a bust :dunno:

Predatore
08-13-2004, 05:52 PM
he'll be selected to play. He can still become a bust though :) Nilsson is a risky prospect but he can also turn out great with all his natural talent

1:44 Into the second now

Predatore
08-13-2004, 06:07 PM
2-0 Sweden on the PP!
David Fredriksson assisted by Videll
Lots of people in front of Rask, Fredriksson tapped the puck in with his stick.

EDIT: seems Söderberg was credited for the goal after all, weird.. but hey..

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey, got the stream working. This is pretty good hockey!

Predatore
08-13-2004, 06:20 PM
3-0 Sweden
Oscar Hedman (alexander Larsson)

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Almost 4-0, Videll! :banana:

Predatore
08-13-2004, 06:22 PM
it should have been 4-0! grrr :)
some great hockey being played

GoGoHuselius
08-13-2004, 06:23 PM
this has been a dominant period for Sweden if ever i saw one.

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Yeah they played well.

Predatore
08-13-2004, 06:26 PM
End of second period

3-0 Sweden

Sweden is looking really good in the offensive zone, while Finland's defensemen seem physically much weaker than the Swedish forwards. Swedes keep skating very comfortably around Rask and along the boards.

Videll-Söderberg-Fredriksson with some heavy pressure early in the second.
Loui Eriksson had a good breakaway, but failed to put it past the Finnish goalie.
Alexander Larsson played well on the pk-unit.

Sweden could lead this by 2 more goals. As for the Finns I think Nokelainen has been quite good, he had better hands than I thought.

Predatore
08-13-2004, 06:32 PM
ah yes, scratches for Sweden (well they haven't played so far)

Per Savilahti-Nagander
Johan Fransson
Christopher Heino-Lindberg

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Louis breakaway was a very nice play, all the way from the first pass. Great play, too bad he couldn't put it in :)

Predatore
08-13-2004, 07:12 PM
end of game, 3-0 Sweden.

Sweden played it safe in the third period, Finland had a couple of good scoring chances but Åkerlund looked very good in net.

Overall I'd say that Daniel Åhsberg, Magnus Åkerlund and Oscar Hedman were the top Swedish players in this game.

Riddarn
08-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Although I only saw half this game it looked like a comfortable win for Tre Kronor :) Good intensity in front of the finnish goal and decent defensive play. I had hoped to see Heino in goal though..

GoGoHuselius
08-13-2004, 07:23 PM
that was the first U20 level game i have seen. the level of play impressed me quite a bit. it reminded me a lot of an AHL game.

Predatore
08-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Game on! Sweden vs. USA White

If anyone wants live updates.. let us know! (us = gogo, rivercanyon and me)

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm letting you know.

Done moving already Pred?

Predatore
08-14-2004, 02:19 PM
only some stuff left, Move for good tomorrow.

1-1 after 10 minutes

Carl Söderberg scored after 19 second, nice uppåkning från vänster :)
Sweden playing well

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 02:21 PM
I know this is the wrong thread but, what happened to the j18 team? Did they play semis today?

Predatore
08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
currently playing the semis, one period left I believe..

Predatore
08-14-2004, 02:31 PM
17:10 2-1 PP Linus Videll (alexander larsson)
17:23 3-1 Linus Videll (david fredriksson)

Predatore
08-14-2004, 02:35 PM
End of 1st period
3-1 Sweden
Carl Söderberg
Linus Videll (2)

That line is scary, they score on everything.

Really good performances so far IMO: Söderberg, Videll, Fredriksson and Magnus Åkerlund.

Predatore
08-14-2004, 02:52 PM
TJ Hensick scores

so 3-2 Sweden.

Predatore
08-14-2004, 03:12 PM
3-2 Sweden still, 12 minutes into the second period
Plenty of penalties, sloppy play by both teams.

Predatore
08-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Sweden U18 lost to the Czech Republic, 3-1, in the semifinal

ritola with the goal

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 03:22 PM
This game is silly with all the penalties..

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Sweden U18 lost to the Czech Republic, 3-1, in the semifinal

ritola with the goal

Oh darn. Well in any case, making the semis is a step in the right direction :)

Predatore
08-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Videll scores his 3rd, 4-2 Sweden. Unassisted

Predatore
08-14-2004, 03:30 PM
End of second period, 4-2 Sweden.

"A whole stack of penalties". Boring period because of all the penalties. Videll can't be stopped today, his third one was a real beauty.
That line kicks butt :)

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 03:32 PM
That line kicks butt :)

I agree. Very powerful game by them, also they show very good intensity around the crease :)

An Ape called Yoko
08-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Hehe thats one helluva big size line. They rocka :)

I think thats a line whos a lock for coming the JWCs.

Predatore
08-14-2004, 04:03 PM
USA scores on the PP. Excellent shot.

Predatore
08-14-2004, 04:07 PM
4-4 USA scores shorthanded :(

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 04:09 PM
4-4 USA scores shorthanded :(

Nice deke though

MePutPuckInNet
08-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks for filling us in....and I hate to complain ....but dammmnnn.....could you please give more details?? Who's doing the scoring for USA? Assists? Don't make me beg......

Predatore
08-14-2004, 04:12 PM
5-4 Blake Wheeler, USA

1:05 remaining...

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 04:16 PM
A damn shame to let a two goal lead slip away like that, even if team USA played very well.

Predatore
08-14-2004, 04:16 PM
End of game, 5-4 USA White.

First period
Good hockey by Sweden

Second Period
Boring because of all penalties

Third Period
Poor play by Sweden, period dominated by USA

The good
Magnus Åkerlund (especially in the first half of the game)
Carl Söderberg
Linus Videll
David Fredriksson
Kalle Olsson

Not that good
Elias Granath
Ola Svanberg (very good offensively ,poor defensively)

GoGoHuselius
08-14-2004, 04:17 PM
definitely disappointing... åkerlund was keeping them in the lead there for a little while with some solid play, but there were just way too many defensive breakdowns. most of them by Granath and Erkgärds.

An Ape called Yoko
08-14-2004, 04:20 PM
I have to say im really satisfied with Sweden this tournament, they´ve been playing really good. Too bad they had a bad last period, but they have played good every game.

3 wins and 1 loss is pretty solid.

cagney
08-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks for filling us in....and I hate to complain ....but dammmnnn.....could you please give more details?? Who's doing the scoring for USA? Assists? Don't make me beg......

Here's what I remember...

1. Hensick from Bourque and Porter
2. Hensick from ?
3. Auffrey from Stastny and Schremp
4. Porter from Thelen
5. Wheeler from Nickerson and ?

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Btw, what is with the holding penalties? I thought the swedish special was hooking, but Erkgärds in perticular doesn't seem to know that it's against the rules to wrestle people down and sit on top of them.

MePutPuckInNet
08-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the info.....Sweden looks good from what I hear. Maybe we won't get a Canada vs USA rematch this year, afterall, eh?

GoGoHuselius
08-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info.....Sweden looks good from what I hear. Maybe we won't get a Canada vs USA rematch this year, afterall, eh?

yeah... it's a definite possibility... if the Swedes play like they did in this tourney, especially the 3rd game.

Riddarn
08-14-2004, 05:51 PM
yeah... it's a definite possibility... if the Swedes play like they did in this tourney, especially the 3rd game.

And there's still a couple of other guys that could make this team even stronger +the possibility of new talent emerging/developing in the 4-5 months left before the WJC. They already have one scoring line, if they could have two good scoring lines and a good shut down line they could go pretty far, especially since the goaltending seems to be pretty good this year.

I hope they play alot of hard practice games before the WJC, preferably against good Allsvenskan teams like Leksand and Skellefteå. I think the Russian WJC team played against RSL-teams before the WJC last year, I'm unsure of that though.

GoGoHuselius
08-14-2004, 06:40 PM
for you Finnish fans... i don't know who #41 is (my sound card is not working, so i can't hear the announcers :whine: ), but he just pulled one of the most beautiful maneuvers i have seen to score on Montoya and put Suomi up 3-2 going into the 3rd period.

cagney
08-14-2004, 06:52 PM
41 is Nokalainen. He made Macias look pretty bad on that play. It was his second goal.

US scoring...

1. Pineault from Hunwick and Suter
2. Weller from Hagemo

GoGoHuselius
08-14-2004, 06:55 PM
41 is Nokalainen. He made Macias look pretty bad on that play. It was his second goal.

thanks, cagney... i had a feeling it might be him :) .

MePutPuckInNet
08-14-2004, 08:20 PM
could someone please give me the details on game #2, Team Blue vs. Finland......damn this is so frustrating....it's impossible to get info...the USA hockey site seems to be screwed up at the moment......Thanks for your help, anyone and everyone.

Starsdude
08-17-2004, 07:55 AM
How did the stars prospects play especially Grossman, Erikkson and Fransson. Erikkson did not score s much as I thought he might

Predatore
08-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Grossman was okay from what I saw. Played it pretty safe, but was also called for quite a few penalties.

Eriksson had a mediocre tournament. Hasn't showed the same speed and intensity as last season with Frölunda.

Not sure if Fransson played at all, at least not the last two game. So he was either ill or injured.

An Ape called Yoko
08-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Grossman was okay from what I saw. Played it pretty safe, but was also called for quite a few penalties.

Eriksson had a mediocre tournament. Hasn't showed the same speed and intensity as last season with Frölunda.

Not sure if Fransson played at all, at least not the last two game. So he was either ill or injured.

Fransson must have been ill or scratched from the lineup. Because he played exhibition game with Luleå yesterday..

SUPERMAN
08-17-2004, 04:33 PM

SUPERMAN
08-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Go to Dallas Stars and read (Hockeys Future)

johpers
08-17-2004, 05:23 PM

Fransson was hurt in Tingsryd and I don´t think he was with the team in USA. Anyway he din´t play any game in Grand Forks.

MePutPuckInNet
08-17-2004, 10:33 PM
WJC Eval camp pics (http://s2.invisionfree.com/Minnesota_Wild/index.php?showtopic=2353)

If anyone wants to take a look...there's a bunch of pics on this thread of the evaluation camp....Team Sweden, Finland and USA....and there's more to come...the chick, beetsjeep, who posted them, said she took about 200 pics.....so go check it out...some of them turned out quite well....

An Ape called Yoko
08-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Torgny Bendelin has written a long article about the camp in USA, Grand Forks.

(unfortunately its in swedish).

http://www.swehockey.se/files/{C18410C8-2EF0-4E32-A55E-DD43B5B76B03}.pdf

This was some grades of the best players in every game:

Sweden - USA blue:
5 stars: Christoffer Heino-Lindberg, Carl Söderberg.
4 stjärnor: Niklas Grossman, Loui Eriksson, Elias Granath.
3 stjärnor: Mattias Hellström, Ola Svanberg, Stefan Erkgärds samt David Fredriksson.

Sweden - USA White:
Dagens toppinsatser:
5 stars: Carl Söderberg.
4 stars: Niklas Grossman, Christoffer Heino-Lindberg.
3 stars: Oscar Hedman, Niklas Bergfors, Mattias Hellström samt Linus Videll.

Sweden - Finland:
5 stjärnor: Magnus Åkerlund.
4 stjärnor: Oskar Hedman, Elias Granath, Ola Svanberg.
3 stjärnor: Kalle Olsson, Alexander Larsson, Filip Hollström, Linus Persson, Alexander Täng samt David Fredriksson.

Sweden - USA white
Harder to find individual performances besides
Linus Videll´s hattrick.