US Basketball & The NBA

I.am.ca
09-04-2004, 07:15 PM
I just happened to read this article that explains whats wrong with the NBA and the mentality that "White" players aren't that great and "European" players aren't that great.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.315

Let's take a look at the US Mens Basketball team for the Olympics...ok done laughing? They were soo cocky and what not. This article explains why the team lost. The guys that jump into the NBA nowadays aren't that seasoned, they just jump from highschool or a year of college and think they are the next Jordan.

Like the article says...THE NBA NEEDS A MINOR LEAGUE..just the NHL has AHL and even baseball has a minor league, no matter how talented a player is, its still raw talent that needs to be developed. LIke Carmelo and Lebron, they needed a year in a minor league type of system.

All i can say is just read the Article.

Good read if ur a basketball fan thats wondering why the US team was shelled when it came to 3point shooting by the other world teams.

Belgian Fan
09-04-2004, 07:16 PM
moving it to the appropriate forum

ehc73
09-04-2004, 08:18 PM
With college basketball as big as it is, I'm not sure if a professional minor league could survive. It's not like basketball is like hockey in Canada, where the passion is so great for hockey that you can have the AHL and CHL affiliates co-existing along with the BCHL and assorted others.

Bure9*
09-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Whatever. The guy doesn't give any credit to the European players at all. The article is downright racist if you read between the lines and try to figure out what he is trying to say.