Roman Malek

Kafka
09-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Why was Petr Briza's name taken before Roman Malek's one at the world cup? I tought he was the best goaltender outside the NHL....

.... has things changed?

12# Peter Bondra
09-07-2004, 12:09 PM
I things have changed. I dont watch the Czech League much but Malek isnt the best goalie there and he surely isnt the best outside the NHL. Some are better than him: Lundqvist, Salo etc.

Briza was also taken cause he as already on 2 or 3 World Cups so he provides experience.

Thundermare
09-07-2004, 06:01 PM
I things have changed. I dont watch the Czech League much but Malek isnt the best goalie there and he surely isnt the best outside the NHL. Some are better than him: Lundqvist, Salo etc.

Briza was also taken cause he as already on 2 or 3 World Cups so he provides experience.

I to was under the impression that he would be at the World Championship, cause what we ear around here is that he's one of the most gifted Europeen goaltender :dunno:

12# Peter Bondra
09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Maybe he was just a flash in a pan goalie? :dunno:

FlyerFire
09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
i think you're saying this to put down Malek because he is a Flyers prospect and you're a Caps fan,plain and simple. :shakehead

Kafka
09-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Come on guys, keep the discussion at the level higher than the one of a 6 years old child.

12# Peter Bondra
09-09-2004, 03:18 PM
i think you're saying this to put down Malek because he is a Flyers prospect and you're a Caps fan,plain and simple. :shakehead

First of all, I am Avs fan and secondly an OTT fan so no bias here. My nick is Bondra cause he is my favorite player but that doesnt mean I like WSH. But lets get back to the topic.

endacka
09-13-2004, 06:08 AM
There was almost no chance that n.3 goalie will stand in the net during WC so it did not actually mater who it was, they might have even taken Bonk. As for Briza, first guy invited on this spot was Salficky but his russian team did not allow him to go, Malek did not play that well in last season and due ti Brizas experience he was the one taken as n.3 goalie.

Rogalo
09-20-2004, 06:12 AM
There was almost no chance that n.3 goalie will stand in the net during WC so it did not actually mater who it was, they might have even taken Bonk. As for Briza, first guy invited on this spot was Salficky but his russian team did not allow him to go, Malek did not play that well in last season and due ti Brizas experience he was the one taken as n.3 goalie.

Briza is still great. My respect to him :bow: ...but OLD!!! He should not be even considered when it comes to the national team. I would have picked Malek but it is not up to me. I agree with you though - the third wouldnt have gotten on the ice anyway so it doesnt matter. Actually this is a pretty worthless discussion :lol