Does anyone remember the game in which Jim Fox served as the PBP announcer?

Vamos Rafa
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
It was back in the 2009-10 season. I want to search the highlights on Youtube and relive his experience as the PBP guy, but I can't remember the exact game. Thanks in advance.

Defgarden
11-08-2011, 10:59 PM
I remember him doing it once, but can't remember exactly when. Man, that was bad. Really bad.

TonySCV
11-08-2011, 11:05 PM
"Nothing happening!"

March 6th, 2010. If you have Gamecenter, you can listen to the entire game in all its unedited glory.

Telos
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
SHOT. SAVE. SHOT. SAVE. SHOT. SAVE. NOTHING HAPPENIN'! :P I missed Miller, but I couldn't help but roll around laughing that entire game. Fox was so uncomfortable and bad it was hilarious. I loved that game.

Josh Deitell
11-08-2011, 11:18 PM
That was brutal

Better than the people they get to do Bob impressions at home games, but not by much

ShattStar03
11-09-2011, 12:08 AM
I remember that game, I give mad props to Foxy for undertaking that task!

RAZZIE King
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Did the game end with this???
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff291/BMRazzilla/LOONEYFOXLOGO_001.jpg
:sarcasm:

Nose of Sutter
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Wait he did it for the whole game? I gotta find that!

grncobra76
11-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Wait he did it for the whole game? I gotta find that!

yaah....it was a train wreck of awesomeness.

CTKingsFan
11-09-2011, 12:43 AM
People on here we saying "Nothing Happenin'" for MONTHS after that game!

I kinda wanna him to do another game. lol

Martyros
11-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Do you REALLY want to relive that event? It was against Montreal IIRC.

bobafettish*
11-09-2011, 02:48 AM
it was so bad that it was good lol

savemefromtears
11-09-2011, 03:42 AM
SHOT. SAVE. SHOT. SAVE. SHOT. SAVE. NOTHING HAPPENIN'! :P

That was the funniest **** I've heard in a long time.

Man, that was brutal listening to Fox do that for a full 60.

:handclap:

Alternate Jersey
11-09-2011, 03:53 AM
I was JUST thinking about "nothin happenin" yesterday! so awesome.

KingPurpleDinosaur
11-09-2011, 04:09 AM
i don't remember that, does anyone have a clip of it?

Tried to youtube it, but all I got was the Jim Fox vs Brian Murray video. I have a terrible memory, what happened here again too? hahaha, was there something about Fox being pissed at how they were running our goalies or something? And then saying he did it in Anaheim too? I really don't remember how it went down.

kingsholygrail
11-09-2011, 04:23 AM
It was so bad he didn't do it again for the rest of the time Bob was out. :laugh::laugh:

Telos
11-09-2011, 09:04 AM
i don't remember that, does anyone have a clip of it?

Tried to youtube it, but all I got was the Jim Fox vs Brian Murray video. I have a terrible memory, what happened here again too? hahaha, was there something about Fox being pissed at how they were running our goalies or something? And then saying he did it in Anaheim too? I really don't remember how it went down.

Things were getting chippy between Ottawa and the Kings late in the game, lots of fights and penalties, and Fox suggested that Murray was having trouble controlling his guys, then after the game someone told Murray what Fox said and he took it upon himself to chew him out.

ibleedkings
11-09-2011, 09:25 AM
You think Fox was bad???? Did any of you hear Evans do the PBP on the Radio??? Way funnier

cheap77
11-09-2011, 11:22 AM
You think Fox was bad???? Did any of you hear Evans do the PBP on the Radio??? Way funnier

In the preseason. That was terrible.

Buddy The Elf
11-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I was JUST thinking about "nothin happenin" yesterday! so awesome.

Me too.. my friend said Bob Miller was going to say "**** it! I'm outta here.." during the Sharks game Monday and then brought up the time when Jim Fox did PBP. That was some funny ****!

Things were getting chippy between Ottawa and the Kings late in the game, lots of fights and penalties, and Fox suggested that Murray was having trouble controlling his guys, then after the game someone told Murray what Fox said and he took it upon himself to chew him out.

If I remember correctly, Chara went after gleason with less than a minute left on the clock and Gleason fought him and got his ass kicked. I think Craig Conroy had gone barreling into Hasek and went end of end which he ended up kicking Hasek's head while flipping over earlier into the game. I think some of the Ottawa players were pissed about that too.

Kingsfan32
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that was difficult for us and him.

deano
11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
The only thing worse than sitting through that broadcast, was being tortured by Cammy Granato's color commentary and shrill voice. I was so happy and relieved when they got rid of her.

Belanger25
11-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Here we go,

t63DEDkhK9U

Vamos Rafa
11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Clune with the whack, Clune with the crosscheck.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks.

The Hegemony Consul
11-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Great times. I remember a few years ago versus the Ducks: "..and a King makes a pass...intercepted by a Duck...pass up the right side to, let's see, Travis Moen...stood up at the blue line by a King defender...turnover; Kings control..."

We were absolutely cracking up. He probably used proper names about 5 whole times per period...

Ron
11-09-2011, 07:24 PM
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=747162

Sydor25
11-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Fox could have called the Flyers-Lightning first period. Nothin' happenin'. :)

Alternate Jersey
11-09-2011, 09:31 PM

hahahahah oh my god good one.

Jason Lewis
11-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Nothin' happenin'............nothin' happenin'............still nothin' happening. PRONGER PASSES. MESZAROS PASSES..........nothin' happenin'

Thank god we have nick nickson if bob ever retires.

ZJames
11-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Nothin' happenin'............nothin' happenin'............still nothin' happening. PRONGER PASSES. MESZAROS PASSES..........nothin' happenin'

What? You dont think you could take it if Jim were doing play by play for all 82 games? :D

Jason Lewis
11-10-2011, 03:55 PM
What? You dont think you could take it if Jim were doing play by play for all 82 games? :D

His voice is so tense and expedited I feel like I am going to have a seizure just listening to his play by play.

it takes a very specific voice to do play by play man. That's why I can't really stand Doc Emerick. His voice level inflection is SO FAST. "AND SEMIN PUTS ONE ON NET THAT GOES WIIIIIIDDDEEEovechkin corrals it."

Like Rick Jeanneret, Bob, or as much as people hate on the guy..Randy Hahn is damn good to listen to in my opinion.

Josh Deitell
11-10-2011, 04:06 PM

Blows my mind sometimes how similar Nick/Daryl sound to Bob/Jim.