KaiPa

mattihp
09-12-2004, 03:53 AM
With KalPa up in the not too distant future... I have a good feeling that finnish hockey will develop alot more great players considering their history. I don't see how anything bad can come out of it. KalPa has given finnish hockey so much. And now they'll be up !

Padawan
09-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Edited by the request of Mattihp who now knows what team he actually meant. :D

mattihp
09-12-2004, 03:56 AM
What is KaiPa? Where they play? I know KalPa, but KaiPa is new to me...
oops :D mooooorning :D lol

mattihp
09-12-2004, 03:59 AM
care to edit? :D

Raimo Sillanpää
09-12-2004, 08:14 AM
With KalPa up in the not too distant future... I have a good feeling that finnish hockey will develop alot more great players considering their history. I don't see how anything bad can come out of it. KalPa has given finnish hockey so much. And now they'll be up !

No they won't.

Vaasan Sport will be promoted, wether the SM-Liiga bigshots like it or not. Judging by pre-season and the roster on paper, Kalpa simply does not have the firepower to deal with Sport's roster.

It would be the gravest injustice committed in Finnish hockey if Kalpa gets promoted and they didn't deserve it.

May the best be promoted. And may the best be Sport.
When Pelicans goes bankrupt, then we can promote Kalpa in the boardroom..

mattihp
09-12-2004, 09:11 AM
What's Sport produced more than Nabb? I think the board should look into long term potential of the club's players rather than how well they do right now. While KalPa could step in right now and end up in the middle of the table... Sport would do no better than the Pelicans are doing.

Raimo Sillanpää
09-18-2004, 02:35 AM
What's Sport produced more than Nabb? I think the board should look into long term potential of the club's players rather than how well they do right now. While KalPa could step in right now and end up in the middle of the table... Sport would do no better than the Pelicans are doing.

Why look at the past instead of the future?
Vaasa and its near regions have never been big on hockey, its best hockey kids have left early to other cities to get a future. VPS was so powerful in it's grasp of the local's imagination that Sport could never hope for anything more..
Now VPS is in trouble, Sport is riding high, and for the first time we have the oppurtunity to turn Finland's biggest soccer region into a hockey region.

Kuopio is a larger town, but it doesnt have the array of supplementary towns that the Vaasa region does. When the train ride from Seinäjoki is just 30 minutes, we're talking about almost 300 000 people in the vicinity of Vaasa, with NO OTHER team to support. (Pesäpallo teams dont count)

The Jyväskylä region is 150 thousand people.

Surely it would be in Jääkiekkoliitto's interests to get those 300,000 people mad on hockey and give them their own team to support? Otherwise they might as well forget the whole thing and give it back to soccer.
If they had their own team, the talent woudnt leave, it would utilise the education oppurtunites of the region to its fullest and would create an above average SM-Liiga team, who every once in a while would be strong enough to challenge for the trophy.