Selanne might call it quits

f1nn
09-15-2004, 09:55 PM
www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/hockeynight

"Jos työsulku venyy, ei Selännettä ehkä enää koskaan nähdä Pohjois-Amerikan kaukaloissa, suomalainen myönsi."

"If the lockout gets long, Selanne might never again be seen playing in North America, the finn admits."

Man I hope he stays for atleast another season so he can redeem himself

psycho_dad
09-15-2004, 10:28 PM
I hope he gets his knees operated successfully before he returns. Takes a year to recover also...

Luoma
09-15-2004, 10:30 PM
He was great in the World Cup. It would be sad if he didn't come back. I think he has a few years left in him.

ALF AmericanLionsFan
09-15-2004, 11:17 PM
I'd hate to see him go out the way he did last year.

mattihp
09-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Salamat here he comes! :lol

HughJass*
09-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Why is it every day I read a different story on what Selanne is thinking. How about he just shut up. I used to like the guy, now he is rather annoying.

f1nn
09-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Why is it every day I read a different story on what Selanne is thinking. How about he just shut up. I used to like the guy, now he is rather annoying.

Different story everyday!? not really.... he has said that he wants to play in the NHL still, but with his knee surgery and the fact that he keeps getting older is making it less likely everyday... I think he owes it to his fans and himself to play one more season... it would be a shame to end such a great career on such a bad note, I hope he stays 'til he's at 1,000 points

Smart Alek
09-16-2004, 11:48 PM

Now... who do you really think should 'shut up?'

The superstar hockey player who's appreciated by thousands of fans?

or

The loudmouth message board troll who's appreciated by nobody?

f1nn
09-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Now... who do you really think should 'shut up?'

The superstar hockey player who's appreciated by thousands of fans?

or

The loudmouth message board troll who's appreciated by nobody?

:lol

Jets4Life
09-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Winnipeg will always love Teemu. The best years of his career were playing for the Jets, IMO> :)

10-08-2004, 03:43 PM
I hope he gets his knees operated successfully before he returns. Takes a year to recover also...
Thing is, the recovery depends not just on your knees healing, but you getting used to using them again: ie. he has to play.

Jussi
10-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Thing is, the recovery depends not just on your knees healing, but you getting used to using them again: ie. he has to play.

Jokerit owner Harry "Hjallis" Harkimo said in his column in IltaSanomat last Saturday that if the NHL season is cancelled then Selänne will play for Jokerit in January. So it looks like the recovery from the surgery will take only about 4 months.