How do I get tickets for a game in Prague?

trickster
09-18-2004, 05:23 AM
I am going to be in Prague at some point between Oct22 and Oct29. How would I get tickets to see some hockey? What sort of hockey is there to be seen?

Thanks for any input.

Rogalo
09-18-2004, 02:33 PM
I am going to be in Prague at some point between Oct22 and Oct29. How would I get tickets to see some hockey? What sort of hockey is there to be seen?

Thanks for any input.

There are two clubs in Prague - Sparta and Slavia. I´m a Slavia Prague supporter so guess about what club I´m gonna give you info about:)

There are three home games in plan in the time you will be here:

22.10.2004 pátek HC Slavia Praha - Vsetínská hokejová 19.00
26.10.2004 úterý HC Slavia Praha - HC Lasselsberger Plzeň 19.00
29.10.2004 pátek HC Slavia Praha - HC Moeller Pardubice 19.00

The matches are played in the 18 000 capacity Sazka Arena and the tickets cost from 170 - 490 crowns. Since the NHL did not start the czech hockey fans are happy as hell :) In Slavia you will see a couple of players from the NHL - Palffy and Stumpel from LA or the young center Vašíček from Carolina...
The games against Plzeň and especially Pardubice (Hejduk from Col there) should be great. Have a good time here

trickster
09-19-2004, 03:17 PM
That sounds great!

Any idea how to purchase tickets? Can this be done online? Or can I hope to get tickets if I just walk up to the boxoffice prior to the game?

trickster
09-20-2004, 05:54 AM
And any information about the other Prague team would be good too - but it looks like the one you mentioned has more talent

i think i am going to try for the game on the 26th

Rogalo
09-20-2004, 06:03 AM
And any information about the other Prague team would be good too - but it looks like the one you mentioned has more talent

i think i am going to try for the game on the 26th

Well - they played a game just yesterday - Slavia and Sparta and Slavia won 4:1 so you are right - they definately have more talent:) The game was good - over 10 000 people, noisy. It was fun. Im not sure about the online buying but the arena is for 18 000 people so you will be able to buy a ticket on the spot without bigger problems. Just so you know where you are heading, check out the web - www.sazkaarena.cz - it has an english version too. One more thing - when you will be getting to the arena, take the subway. It is cheap and you will get out right in front of the Arena. F+++ taxidrivers. Even though it changed to the better over the years, there is still a great deal of *******s who will rip you off when they will hear your english... Take care

trickster
10-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Will an English speaker be able to figure out where and when ticket sales are available at the arena?

I dont think its worth trying to buy them online unless they have a boxoffice pick up option - and then Im there already...

Also, I am looking at the sazkaarena site and I dont see a game listed on the 26th... I see the ones on 22 and 29th, but not the 26th. Is it at a different arena?

Rogalo
10-14-2004, 05:35 AM
Will an English speaker be able to figure out where and when ticket sales are available at the arena?

I dont think its worth trying to buy them online unless they have a boxoffice pick up option - and then Im there already...

Also, I am looking at the sazkaarena site and I dont see a game listed on the 26th... I see the ones on 22 and 29th, but not the 26th. Is it at a different arena?

No need to make it complicated trickster :) Just go to the arena before the game and by the ticket(s)... Believe me, no surprises are waiting for you there. On the web I already gave you - http://www.sazkaarena.com/pg.php?lang=2 - you have info in english about Slavia matches. The one on the 26th also...

trickster
10-15-2004, 12:08 PM
I'll be there!

(the confused looking one)