Öhman, Stefan

Latvia (1)

Sorokins, Olegs

Austria (2)

Innerwinkler, Thomas
Setzinger, Oliver

TOTAL: 46

Stats for foreigners
http://www.sm-liiga.fi/tilasto.asp?otsake1=Kausi+2004%2D2005+runkosarja&sarja=1303&maingroup=1&group=7&parm=4

ES
09-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Bannister and Chvatal aren't playing in Finland anymore, otherwise it's well.

miklu
09-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Josh Holden (CAN) has signed a contract with HPK.

jepjepjoo
09-27-2004, 06:13 AM
Michael Nylander (SWE) to Kärpät

Fan.At
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
A report on www.hockeyfans.at says that Thomas Innerwinkler (AUT) is 3rd goalie for SaiPa. He played last season in the J20-league in Sweden.

Raipe
09-28-2004, 01:22 AM
A report on www.hockeyfans.at says that Thomas Innerwinkler (AUT) is 3rd goalie for SaiPa. He played last season in the J20-league in Sweden.

Yes its true.
http://www.saipa.fi/2004-2005/pelaajaesittelyt.php

mikkoz
09-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Zdenek Nedved is out from Kärpät. They werent happy with his performance plus Mike Nylander is playing thursday.

Fan.At
09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Yes its true.
http://www.saipa.fi/2004-2005/pelaajaesittelyt.php
Is he still eligible to play in a youth league when he is named to the first team of an SM-Liiga team?

Korkki
09-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Is he still eligible to play in a youth league when he is named to the first team of an SM-Liiga team?
Yes, he is eligible for any league his age makes him eligible.

mikkoz
09-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Peter Zingoni didnt get a contract from pelicans.

In the Doghouse
09-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Ryan Malone gets 1 month tryout with Espoo Blues.

In the Doghouse
09-30-2004, 02:39 PM
Duvie Westcott to JYP.

kapatrik
10-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Steve Martins has been very good. And he is just getting better and better. Propably the best forereign player this year in the SM-Liiga.

psycho_dad
10-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Steve Martins has been very good. And he is just getting better and better. Propably the best forereign player this year in the SM-Liiga.

Thats way too early to say. So many good foreign players in the league this year and more on their way in. Martin Bartek has been as good as Martins score wise, and guys like Ryan Malone and Micke Nylander are joining the league right now...

I doubt Martins will be the best, but he is a great fit for Jyp. Congratulations!

gib
10-11-2004, 03:04 AM
Adam Hall to Kalpa(2nd tier).

ES
10-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Rob Valicevic returns from TPS to North America.

jepjepjoo
10-22-2004, 02:09 AM
+Dwayne Roloson, Canada
+Brian Campbell, Canada
+Jason Williams, Canada

-Rob Valisevic, USA

jepjepjoo
10-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Tyler Bouck (CAN) to TPS

jepjepjoo
10-23-2004, 04:36 AM
Patrik Stefan to ILVES

papa
11-01-2004, 10:37 PM
The sad news is that most of these imported players are bumping regular players out of work by replacing them on various rosters...so lets hope the NHL lockout ends sooner than later so some of these home players can get their jobs back.

Raimo Sillanpää
11-10-2004, 03:09 AM
http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php?sivu=uutiset&id=3782

Mark Recchi signs provisional deal with TPS Turku

"Mikäli NHL-kausi peruuntuu, liittyy Recchi turkulaisjoukkueeseen."

If the NHL season is cancelled, Recchi will join TPS Turku

Sampe
11-10-2004, 04:32 AM

God Almighty! :amazed:

If that happens, Recchi shall become the greatest ever foreign player in the SM-liiga. Guess Saku wasn't happy with his future linemates.

Raimo Sillanpää
11-10-2004, 06:52 AM
http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php?sivu=uutiset&id=3783

Josef Boumediennen to Kärpät

ALF AmericanLionsFan
11-10-2004, 12:01 PM

More reason to believe the NHL season is over before it started :cry:

Jussi
11-10-2004, 12:23 PM
http://www.jatkoaika.com/smliiga.php?sivu=uutiset&id=3783

Josef Boumediennen to Kärpät

Boumedienne's no foreigner anymore. He's Finnish now. :handclap: :yo:

mattihp
11-10-2004, 01:43 PM
God Almighty! :amazed:

If that happens, Recchi shall become the greatest ever foreign player in the SM-liiga. Guess Saku wasn't happy with his future linemates.
Saku's best friend :handclap:

Korkki
11-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Some in others out. Martin Bartek is on his way out of SM-liiga. I think he won't return after the Deutshland Cup. He was saying in an interview that he has nothing to do except surfing in the internet in rauma. Well, I think he surfed on ice too ;)

Raipe
11-11-2004, 05:53 AM
Some in others out. Martin Bartek is on his way out of SM-liiga. I think he won't return after the Deutshland Cup. He was saying in an interview that he has nothing to do except surfing in the internet in rauma. Well, I think he surfed on ice too ;)

What a loser :mad:

jepjepjoo
11-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Hal Gill to Lukko
Sean Avery to Pelicans
Zdenek Blatny to Pelicans

ES
11-30-2004, 07:07 AM
JYP, Pelicans and Tappara have two while HPK, Ilves, Kärpät and TPS have one free foreign spot now. (Except that Recchi is going to TPS later)

In the Doghouse
11-30-2004, 12:06 PM
TPS have one free foreign spot now. (Except that Recchi is going to TPS later)

But Bouck has contract only till christmas break and he will most likely leave TPS 'cause he was only temporary solution replacing Tuokko who was injured. So Saku will probably ask one of his friends to come and play with TPS.

Streaker-man
11-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Where does Sheldon Souray play nowadays? He´d be a nice guy in the TPS D.

EDIT: Färjestad. Just noticed...

I wonder who´s Saku´s go-to-guy. We need another winger to complete the line.

mattihp
11-30-2004, 02:52 PM

Maybe Recchi gets Leclair to come over too?

In the Doghouse
11-30-2004, 03:57 PM

Isn't Rivet his good friend? But do TPS need another D-man?

quebec2
12-02-2004, 06:02 AM
hi!
anyone can explain me why Avery left Pelicans?

Korhonen
12-02-2004, 06:28 AM
hi!
anyone can explain me why Avery left Pelicans?

Nobody knows. He just didn't show up one day and soon we heard that he had left Finland. There has been nothing on the news for a few days.

quebec2
12-02-2004, 06:49 AM
Nobody knows. He just didn't show up one day and soon we heard that he had left Finland. There has been nothing on the news for a few days.

Any idea? bad feeling with teammates or something similar or plying in the bottom team of the league.....

Another info: i saw HIFK released Benysek, why?

Raimo Sillanpää
12-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Any idea? bad feeling with teammates or something similar or plying in the bottom team of the league.....

Another info: i saw HIFK released Benysek, why?

avery: no idea

benysek: HIFK had benched him for like the last 20 games, now they added Madden and cut Benysek because of their foreign quota

Padawan
12-02-2004, 07:27 AM
benysek: HIFK had benched him for like the last 20 games, now they added Madden and cut Benysek because of their foreign quota
HIFK still have one excess foreign player and they will release one foreign player. Harkins, Vopat, Stathos. One of them will lose his place in the team and has to go.

Korhonen
12-02-2004, 07:42 AM
HIFK still have one excess foreign player and they will release one foreign player. Harkins, Vopat, Stathos. One of them will lose his place in the team and has to go.

You can take Harkins off that list. He's way too important player for IFK to let him go where as Vopat and Stathos have both been disappointments. Stathos is the one to go if they can find a Finnish goalie (Kiprusoff, Toskala?). If not, then Vopat.

Dominus
12-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Stathos is the one to go if they can find a Finnish goalie (Kiprusoff, Toskala?). If not, then Vopat.

I'm betting on Stathos too. Vopat doesn't score too much but he's still an entertaining player, propably highly overpaid though. I don't think HIFK even needs to sign a big name like Kipper, since Lundell is looking good right now. But could they trust him in the playoffs?

quebec2
12-03-2004, 05:46 AM
Who released HIFK?
Harkins, Vopat, Stathos ?

PS. Benysek signed with Leksands....

mattihp
12-03-2004, 05:54 AM
Who released HIFK?
Harkins, Vopat, Stathos ?

No word on it yet.

I think we'll know on wednesday.

quebec2
12-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Can you post the decision on Wednesday, please?

Korhonen
12-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Both Stathos and Vopat are out of today's line-up, but apprently it has nothing to do with IFK's foreign situation - Vopat has hurt his finger and Stathos has the fever.

Leader.hr
12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Both Stathos and Vopat are out of today's line-up, but apprently it has nothing to do with IFK's foreign situation - Vopat has hurt his finger and Stathos has the fever.

Is there any website where it is written who is injured in SM league?

Thanks.

ES
12-09-2004, 01:48 AM
Is there any website where it is written who is injured in SM league?

Thanks.

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/media/season/stats/injured.asp

Translations:

aivotärähdys = concussion
nenä = nose
olkapää = shoulder
käsi = hand
ranne = wrist
sormi = finger
selkä = back
nivunen = crotch
reisi = thigh
polvi = knee
nilkka = ankle
kuume = fever

muu = something else

* means that player is out indefinitely. Jokerit has announced every injury so far "indefinite", but it could be anything from day-to-day to whole season.

Korhonen
12-11-2004, 08:11 AM
John Madden leaves HIFK because believes that the NHL season will begin in January.

First Avery, now Madden...

http://www.hifk.fi/news/files/5481.html

In the Doghouse
12-11-2004, 08:38 AM
John Madden leaves HIFK because believes that the NHL season will begin in January.

First Avery, now Madden...

http://www.hifk.fi/news/files/5481.html

Now I've had enough of these "professionals"! I just wish NHL season starts soon so we'll get rid of these clowns.

quebec2
12-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Now I've had enough of these "professionals"! I just wish NHL season starts soon so we'll get rid of these clowns.

totally agree!!! :mad: :madfire:

Korhonen
12-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Krystofer Kolanos travelled to Calgary during the Christmas break and didn't return. He was supposed be back yesterday, but he never showed up. Blues' GM Christian Ruuttu has no idea why and neither have Kolanos' agent.

http://www.blues.fi/index2.php?m=2&s=0&d=0&news_id=368

Leader.hr
12-27-2004, 07:19 PM
http://www.sm-liiga.fi/media/season/stats/injured.asp

Translations:

* means that player is out indefinitely. Jokerit has announced every injury so far "indefinite", but it could be anything from day-to-day to whole season.

Thanks a lot, I really needed it :handclap:

Streaker-man
12-28-2004, 06:06 AM
Krystofer Kolanos travelled to Calgary during the Christmas break and didn't return. He was supposed be back yesterday, but he never showed up. Blues' GM Christian Ruuttu has no idea why and neither have Kolanos' agent.

http://www.blues.fi/index2.php?m=2&s=0&d=0&news_id=368

Ruuttu has said that Kolanos won´t play anywhere. His contract is still on. The only thing that can determinate it is the start of the NHL.

Weren´t cases Madden, Avery, Malone, Arnason, Turco etc. enough?

I´m losing my trust to these North American "pros". Lets just bring some real European talent here.

PhoenixBuffalo
12-28-2004, 07:29 AM
Does anyone have anymore information about why Kolanos did not show up to the Blues after the Christmas Break?

Korhonen
12-28-2004, 07:30 AM
I´m losing my trust to these North American "pros". Lets just bring some real European talent here.

It's quite surprising that all the players that have left without saying a word (Madden, Avery, Kolanos) are Canadian. I have always thought that North American (and especially Canadian) players have such a high morale when it comes to hockey - they are willing to do anything it takes to win and to help their team. These kinds of incidents give very different image of their professionalism.

I have to give credit to at least one North American NHLer, though. KalPa's (Finnish tier II club) Adam Hall decided voluntarily to shorten his Christmas holiday and has shown great attitude on the ice too.

Streaker-man
12-28-2004, 08:07 AM
He´s afraid our cold climate might shrink his... wage.

Streaker-man
12-28-2004, 08:11 AM
I have to give credit to at least one North American NHLer, though. KalPa's (Finnish tier II club) Adam Hall decided voluntarily to shorten his Christmas holiday and has shown great attitude on the ice too.

Yeah. Adam Hall has been an awesome guy. And yeah, I´m quite surprised that even Canadians have left the country just like that. At least the climate shouldn´t be the problem.

ES
12-28-2004, 03:54 PM
It is surprising indeed. But, anyway, it's very dark in Finland right now (although days are getting longer) and that could be schocking. Although I know only two NHL players. Even Edmonton is located a lot more southern than where for example Helsinki is. (In Europe you could compare Edmonton eg. Berlin I think). I know only two NHL players (Geoff Sanderson and Scott Gomez) who are from very northern areas in Canada or USA. And Sanderson was very unhappy here during previous lockout.

Albi
01-03-2005, 07:10 AM
FYI, Ryan Malone signed with an italian team, SV Renon.

mattihp
01-03-2005, 08:50 AM
most of us already know ^^ should be a more appropriate level for him, do the refs let hookings and such slide more there?

Albi
01-03-2005, 09:11 AM
most of us already know ^^ should be a more appropriate level for him, do the refs let hookings and such slide more there?
Not really...we have a lot of Canadian born players here (and 14 NHL players at the moment), but the refs are not very different from Finland...let's see if he's going to complain once again...

In the Doghouse
01-03-2005, 12:12 PM

Congratulations...

Albi
01-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Congratulations...
To be honest with you, I'm happy I have the chance to watch one more NHLer, our championship is becoming pretty interesting.

Streaker-man
01-03-2005, 11:43 PM
To be honest with you, I'm happy I have the chance to watch one more NHLer, our championship is becoming pretty interesting.

Well I think his morale and effort will be better over there. He was out of shape here and he didn´t really produce points.

Albi
01-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Well I think his morale and effort will be better over there. He was out of shape here and he didn´t really produce points.
I'm sure he'll put up pretty good numbers in our league.

Streaker-man
01-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Hmmmm...

"Lockout ladies" (http://img104.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img104&image=lockoutladies11yv.png)

Ste'
01-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Not really...we have a lot of Canadian born players here (and 14 NHL players at the moment), but the refs are not very different from Finland...let's see if he's going to complain once again...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Albi
01-13-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm sure he'll put up pretty good numbers in our league.
Ehm...maybe I was wrong...

First 4 games in Italy: ZERO points for Ryan.
Which it's pretty unbelievable, considering he scored 22 goals in the NHL last season.
FYI, Kings' Eric Belanger has 13 pts (7+6) in 6 games here...

Raimo Sillanpää
01-13-2005, 08:52 AM

Which it's pretty unbelievable, considering he scored 22 goals in the NHL last season.

so he's lazy, outofshape and with an attitude problem?

Blues fans know your feeling all too well..

In the Doghouse
01-13-2005, 09:28 AM

Soon he'll start blaming bad refereeing or something else 'cause he's just too lazy to produce and he cannot face that fact.