Fixed games?

Rogalo
09-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Probably not an issue in the NHL (or am I wrong? :dunno: ) but a huge one in the Czech rep. Are or are not games fixed? More of a question - how much of them are fixed? Either it is the players in combination with sportsbetting or the refs. I bet everyone who follows the Czech league remember the bombthreats when the score was not exactly "going as planned". Or some of Pardubice´s game were a disgrace. And this team just came up to my mind. To be honest I would not put a "hand in the fire" as we say in the Czech rep. for my favourite team Slavia as well... Add and elaborate on the topic as you please. I think it is a sad but interesting thing to discuss...

12# Peter Bondra
09-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Some games are fixed over here too. Like Kosice were losing 5-4 17 secs before the end of the game and they win 6-5 in regular time!! I know that may happen but everybody knew it was fixed.

Rogalo
09-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Some games are fixed over here too. Like Kosice were losing 5-4 17 secs before the end of the game and they win 6-5 in regular time!! I know that may happen but everybody knew it was fixed.

Sme jediný kdo tohle forum drží při životě Peter:) Snad se někdo přidá... This league was f..... up long before. Players like Hamrlík, Hašek, Martinec - different generations but talked about the same problem. Players taking money - just a couple, the older ones, and splitting it amongst each other. The whole team never knows about it... It must be terrible when you are workin your ass off on the ice and than you later on find out it was all a big lie. Fixed game that supposed to finnish as a tie or something like that. Oh well... It must be business like hell though. Fixing a match as a player - betting on it as well through a friend or relative and than raking up the cash. I only have no idea how they can look into the fans´eyes... :shakehead

12# Peter Bondra
09-21-2004, 12:50 PM
It was a reg. season game so it didnt matter THAT much but it wasnt nice. And they want the money so they will do anything probably.

Rogalo
09-21-2004, 03:28 PM
It was a reg. season game so it didnt matter THAT much but it wasnt nice. And they want the money so they will do anything probably.

Yeah. And that is exactly what I hate about it. It is JUST a season game...But I bet in SVK they also b.i.t.c.h about how small the crowds are. But is selling of games the best strategy? Hmmmm...I dont think so. But to more pleasent things... Thank GOD for the lockout :jump: Hejduk, Pálffy, Jágr, Straka, Eliáš, the Litvínov boys Reichel, Vokoun, Ručinský, Stumpel... some guys havent even played in the etraliga and are in the NHL. Great talents like Hemský, Erat, Vašíček...

5 rounds behind us in the Extraliga and so far some tremendous hockey :bow: Great atmoshere on the stadiums also. People are really enjoying themselves. I wish the lockout would be all year!

I hope not a lot N. Americans read this part of the forum :lol :banana:

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Yeah. And that is exactly what I hate about it. It is JUST a season game...But I bet in SVK they also b.i.t.c.h about how small the crowds are. But is selling of games the best strategy? Hmmmm...I dont think so. But to more pleasent things... Thank GOD for the lockout :jump: Hejduk, Pálffy, Jágr, Straka, Eliáš, the Litvínov boys Reichel, Vokoun, Ručinský, Stumpel... some guys havent even played in the etraliga and are in the NHL. Great talents like Hemský, Erat, Vašíček...

5 rounds behind us in the Extraliga and so far some tremendous hockey :bow: Great atmoshere on the stadiums also. People are really enjoying themselves. I wish the lockout would be all year!

I hope not a lot N. Americans read this part of the forum :lol
I agree in the last part :lol

Trencin is just killing the other teams. They just beat Poprad 8-0 away and Hossa, Gaborik, Demitra didnt play in the 3rd. It looks like good hockey. And now Nagy is going to play too so thats good.

And we dont whine about the small crowds. We got used to it eventually :).

Rogalo
09-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Trencin is just killing the other teams.

Yeah. I can imagine that. With Gáborík, Demitra, Hossa...that´s a lot of firepower. I´m happy that something like that cannot happen in the Czech league. No one will dominate because about 50 NHL players are pretty evenly split in the teams which were pretty even before. I think the only team that does not have NHLrs is Jihlava and they beat Litvinov with all their stars... Pardubice who dominated the league the past two years in the regular season have zero points so far. Its gonna be interesting

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Trencin dominated the League last year too. They had the title like 2 weeks before the end of the season. Too bad not all of our NHL players come back. Almost every of your guys comes back but look at our players: Cibak away, Stumpel, Palffy, Radivojevic and Strbak in CZE. And like 10 of them undecided.

Rogalo
09-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Trencin dominated the League last year too. They had the title like 2 weeks before the end of the season. Too bad not all of our NHL players come back. Almost every of your guys comes back but look at our players: Cibak away, Stumpel, Palffy, Radivojevic and Strbak in CZE. And like 10 of them undecided.

Palffy is coming back...for 10 games...;)
I know I´m mean :)

But Havlat made me mad too. Off to Switzerland...:banghead:

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 11:22 AM
IMO, they should just forget about the NHL and stay here for the rest of their careers :).