Best goalie ever

Fredrik
09-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Is Dominik Hasek the best Czech goalie ever or were there others before him that were just as good?

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 10:10 AM
I think he was the best but there were great goaltenders before him too, especially Holecek.

Rogalo
09-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Is Dominik Hasek the best Czech goalie ever or were there others before him that were just as good?

Boža Modrý, Jiří Holeček, Jiří Králík. They were great but could not prove it in the NHL. That is why Hašek is cosidered the best because he proved it on both sides of the Atlantic. Those guys before him never got a chance :shakehead

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Id also like to see Dzurilla in the NHL but it never happened.

Rogalo
09-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Id also like to see Dzurilla in the NHL but it never happened.

True. Expecially after the show he put on in the 1976 Canada Cup :handclap:
The Canadians must have thaught he came from Mars or something :)

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 11:52 AM
True. Expecially after the show he put on in the 1976 Canada Cup :handclap:
The Canadians must have thaught he came from Mars or something :)
Like when Mega played against CAN in the 96 WC :).

Rogalo
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Like when Mega played against CAN in the 96 WC :).

Ahh. To be honest I have quite bad memories on the 96 WC. I only remember the ice full of plastic bottles and soda cans after yet another hammering home loss... :) Mega? :help:

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Mega was a goalie who played in our 3-2 loss vs CAN and he was great. Then he played in Slovan. Now plays the SLOVENIAN LEAGUE :lol.

Rogalo
09-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Mega was a goalie who played in our 3-2 loss vs CAN and he was great. Then he played in Slovan. Now plays the SLOVENIAN LEAGUE :lol.

I guess you cannot say he is at the pinacle of his career :D
I remember reading about a guy who was also at the end of his career (cant remember the name) and decided to play the Japanese league. In the interview he said they never did linematching in games. He came with the idea that they should try it against the best team there. So they did the linematching and managed to win. He thought how everybody was gonna celebrate but when he talked to the owners after the game, they were furious. Kept repeating it was disrespectful toward the opponent...A disgraceful victory :dunno: :lol

12# Peter Bondra
09-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Thats :lol :lol :lol

And we wonder how come Japan doesnt make a lot of improvements.