Martin Erat

TOGLIATTI
09-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Martin Erat is playing for HC Hame Zlin in the Czech extraliga. Peter Cajanek, Roman Hamrlik, and Jaroslav Kristek have joined the team as well.

Here is an interview with Erat..but I cant read it. Can anyone translate this? Thanks!

Interview (http://www.hczlin.cz/2005/index.php?page=3&id=542)

Rogalo
09-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Martin Erat is playing for HC Hame Zlin in the Czech extraliga. Peter Cajanek, Roman Hamrlik, and Jaroslav Kristek have joined the team as well.

Here is an interview with Erat..but I cant read it. Can anyone translate this? Thanks!

Interview (http://www.hczlin.cz/2005/index.php?page=3&id=542)

OK. Here you go.

The NHL might not start this season what do you think about it?

I am not thinking about it. Im waiting for them to reach an agreement - until than I am not thinking about anything else but Zlin and the Extraliga.

Would it be a big dissapointment if the NHL did not start and you had to stay in the Extraliga for the whole year?

After the five years that I played on the other side of the Atlantic it is great to be back and I am really enjoying it. I finally get to play the czech Extraliga and so far I feel really comfortable here.

You did not sign the contract with Zlin right away - even though you trained with them in pre-season. Where was the problem?

I had more offers. Some from Russia some from Switzerland. I wanted to be absolutely sure about what is best for me and my family, so I took my time before I made up my mind.

Why Zlin?

I had an offer from Znojmo as well but I told myself that the only team I really want to play for in the Extraliga, is Zlin. When I was growing up here, people at the club, especially Mr. Venera (ex-coach, now GM of Zlin), really helped me. This is my way of saying thank you.

How good is the Extraliga in your eyes...Has it changed since you last played in it 5 years ago?

I hope that when so many NHLers came back, the quality will be better. A lot of people are saying that the Extraliga is getting worse and worse every year. That the quality is declining. But it is hard to say and have an opinion on this matter when i have not been here for 5 years and even before that, played only 5 Extralige games. I dreamed of the NHL since I was little, I got there and I am trying to play there as well as I can.

How do you get along with the team? Are they treating you as the as the "American star" or is everything OK?

I feel great here, really. The managment and the guys are perfect. Everything I needed and wanted I also got so i cant complain. And the other question you asked...Are you serious?! Look, I am normal guy, only play my hockey in the NHL. Now I belong in the line-up here, Im a part of the team in Zlin and want to be treated just as the others. Certainly not as a star, something extra.

Do you remember the first time you stepped on the ice in the NHL, looked up and saw the arena packed with people...

I started playing so early and it came like such a surprise, these feelings kind of missed me. I did not have time to look around and admire the 20 000 watching. I concentreated only on my shifts and hockey and that is I think the main reason I have played the NHL for the third season.

What do you miss the most in America?
Definately czech meals but when I am in the Czech republic I miss american food as well...

Does´nt it bother you that you are not as known and popular in the Czech republic? That you dont get as much attention as other NHLers?

The reason is definately that I left so early, at such a young age. Another is that I am not beeing called up by the national team.But I certainly do not complain. Noone knows about me and I am perfectly happy with that. I spend time with my family, girlfriend and our dog and thats all I need to be happy.

What made you happy in the last couple of days?

Well, I dont know...I got it. That I got my car from America:) I really missed my Porsche

You had a birthday recently. What gift surprised you the most?

I got a mug from my girlfriend with her photo on it and the photo pf my dog. That was the best gift.

SmokeyClause
09-30-2004, 05:26 PM
I spend time with my family, girlfriend and our dog and thats all I need to be happy.

LOL, I met Martin, his girlfriend and his dog while walking in a park with my girlfriend and my dog. Good guy. Quite small. Nice dog.

Enoch
10-01-2004, 12:24 PM
LOL, I met Martin, his girlfriend and his dog while walking in a park with my girlfriend and my dog. Good guy. Quite small. Nice dog.

Nashville definitely has a keeper! :lol

Rogalo
10-15-2004, 09:13 AM

**** the dog. How did the girl look? :)

crossxcheck
10-20-2004, 07:28 AM
**** the dog. How did the girl look? :)

:lol

triggrman
10-20-2004, 01:37 PM
I don't know about Erat's but Arkhipov's is hot....