Mike Cammalleri Appreciation Thread

sheed36
01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the exciting goal scoring display 2 years ago in the playoff's Mike.. Now that you're finally away from this circus good luck back in Calgary ..

madbox
01-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Too bad it couldn't work out in Montreal, it really should have. Will never forget the snipeshow he put on in the 2010 playoffs. Good times.

Seb
01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I will always remember his clutch playoffs performance and the fire in his eyes dyring the first and a half year.

Not sure what happened after, but it's too bad. Better luck in Calgary!

zylg-cmxHJY

JGRB
01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Was my favourite player in his first two seasons here. Definitely never fully lived up to the hype (except for the playoffs), but I liked him a lot.

This season he seemed very indifferent and the effort level was even worse. I wish him nothing but success in Calgary.

Tricolore#20
01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Glad he's gone, but the moments that stood out for me:

1) Centennial Game hat-trick against the Bruins. The Canadiens were on fire that night, and Cammalleri was in the right spots getting the hat-trick. I was at the game, and remember how loud it got after his third goal. They panned over to his face after the goal on the jumbotron, and you could see how much the crowd impressed him. He kept saying, "wow, wow."
2) Hand-eye goal against the Penguins and the celebration after.

Seb
Didn't Cammalleri leave the team at one point for personal reasons? Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it feels like he hasn't been the same since.

Et le But
Wanted my half-Italian, half-Jewish brethren to succeed here, was excited when we signed him and he was awesome in the playoffs...but that doesn't mean much when his mediocre play was a big reason we won't make them this year.

Still, good luck in Calgary and thank you for the 2010 playoff run.

Pandemic
01-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Didn't Cammalleri leave the team at one point for personal reasons? Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it feels like he hasn't been the same since.

He hasn't been the same player ever since his girlfriend got knocked up.

Habs
01-12-2012, 10:36 PM
I hope he can get by on his salary, things are tough out there. God speed, and have fun with Sutter, lol

Seb
01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
He hasn't been the same player ever since his girlfriend got knocked up.

...by Jacques Martin. Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

FranksterQc
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
Great playoff run two years ago. Injuries last year...

Not sure wtf happened this year. Its a shame.

Also, my jersey is ruined :(

JGRB
01-12-2012, 10:43 PM
...by Jacques Martin. Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

I know this is off-topic but... LMFAO!!

Born in 1909
01-12-2012, 10:44 PM
I will always remember his clutch playoffs performance and the fire in his eyes dyring the first and a half year.

Not sure what happened after, but it's too bad. Better luck in Calgary!

zylg-cmxHJY

I loved that CBC clip. :yo:

I will never forget him and Halak in the spring of 2010 taking down the Caps and Pens... against all odds.

With help from Gio, Gill, Gorges, Moore... and rookie Subban :)

Also his hatrick during the centennial game and the Bell Center eruption it caused.

Plus he gave some of the best interviews.

To those that kick you when you are down Cammy... be sure to tell them to go and burn in Hell. :yo:

Coldplay
01-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the playoff magic, and for 09-10.

I'm sorry for the rest. It was pitiful.

Good luck. Sad it had to end this way.

Skarjak
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5nX7AzKL6c&feature=related

We might have to wait a long time for another moment like that one.

Bob Cole
01-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Great interview with lavoie on the tsn website. Sad it had to end this way. Thanks for the memories mike.

Aeneas
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Defintely going to remember him for his playoff achievements, always had faith in mike

Good luck in Calgary, thanks for the memories !

hockeyfan2k11
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Deserved a better fate.

Madam Kadri
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Thank you for your assistance in that playoffs run that made me desert the Capitals for the Habs.

Other than that, thanks for NOTHING, you selfish brat.

SouthernHab
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Deserved a better fate.

Exactly.

Cammy will be a success again.

Hackett
01-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I think he's going to find himself in calgary relatively quickly.

The flames got the most talented player, but I was increasingly uncomfortable with the idea of paying and having cammalleri as the go to guy on the squad. He's simply not dynamic enough to be that guy.

I think he will do just fine with iggy though.

number72
01-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Thank you for your assistance in that playoffs run that made me desert the Capitals for the Habs.

Yes reminds me of Halak. That did nothing for the habs except that playoff run.
Real fans appreciate him for what he has done.

NewHabsEra*
01-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Cant believe there is an appreciation thread for this guy after all the damage he did in the locker room of this team...worst individualist in the league now that Kovy is gone..

hockeyfan2k11
01-12-2012, 11:30 PM

Thanks for nothing? Without Cam, there's no ECF. He was great in the playoffs. And complaining about ice time is selfish, but how many top players would keep their mouths shut if their ice time got cut in half?

Those cup teams that we keep drooling over were not perfect. Not everyone got along and there was quite a bit of selfishness as well.

Basically, if you don't tow the company line, you will get traded. Reminds me of the Corey days.

Madam Kadri
01-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks for nothing? Without Cam, there's no ECF. He was great in the playoffs. And complaining about ice time is selfish, but how many top players would keep their mouths shut if their ice time got cut in half?

Those cup teams that we keep drooling over were not perfect. Not everyone got along and there was quite a bit of selfishness as well.

Basically, if you don't tow the company line, you will get traded. Reminds me of the Corey days.

I thanked him for the playoffs run. That's quite enough. It's implied that his assistance in helping them get to those playoffs has been thanked.

hockeyfan2k11
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Cant believe there is an appreciation thread for this guy after all the damage he did in the locker room of this team...worst individualist in the league now that Kovy is gone..

Damage? It was a clown with an agenda who spun this whole thing into the ****storm it is. This is what the Montreal media does. There's a reason why players do not want to come here. Just when the Habs were beginning to shed that image, this crap happens.

NewHabsEra*
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Good riddence little rat!!! What a selfish individual..:shakehead

Madam Kadri
01-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Damage? It was a clown with an agenda who spun this whole thing into the ****storm it is. This is what the Montreal media does. There's a reason why players do not want to come here. Just when the Habs were beginning to shed that image, this crap happens.

It's his fault he couldn't keep his tongue in check and didn't step up his play ONE BIT this season. I would have tolerated his comments...if he played as well as he talked. Since he didn't, he's a bloody hypocrite.

NewHabsEra*
01-12-2012, 11:37 PM

Listen, there are some people in this world who have more difficulties to capture how the things really are, you are obviously one of those.. Even Vinny Damphousse is saying the guy has never been a team player and it even got worst with time..

Face it cammy is a girl.. Im serious, he is a little girl complaining about everything and still crying cause he had no letter on his jersey...

Talking about letter on his jersey, Big Gorges had an anecdote on him that happened 2 years ago, apparently after a game JM was mad about his guys and yelled after them, apparently he told Cammalleri to stop complaining about the fact he had no letter on his jersey and start acting like a pro, then the guys in the room started to look at each other and found it weird.. Then come Christmas time, there was a gifts exchange between players, Lapierre is the one who picked Cammalleri, you know the guy, he found a way to make a joke out of this and put a letter in the box, apparently a "C", so when Cammy oppened the box, the guy was apparently offended and left without saying anything while all the other guys were laughing out loud.. LoL .. A girl no doubt..

The moose asked Laraque who Cammalleri was friend with in the team, apparently he is a looner doing his little things on his side.. The guy can step his game up when needed as we all know but will never be a team player, too bad his attitude hasnt changed with time.. He should have picked an individual sport like fantasy skating where he could have expressed his wonderful little person the way he wanted..

hockeyfan2k11
01-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Listen, there are some people in this world who have more difficulties to capture how the things really are, you are obviously one of those.. Even Vinny Damphousse is saying the guy has never been a team player and it even got worst with time..

Then why did the Flames trade for him AGAIN? Why did the Habs offer him a 5 year deal?

Vinny is not in the locker room..and I'm laughing at how he threw Scott Thornton under the bus too.

I don't know what it is about some people who go on nothing but hearsay. I was told Sergei was an awful teammate, yet there's not a single peep about him in Nashville. Is this a way for you to feel better about the trade?

hockeyfan2k11
01-12-2012, 11:43 PM
It's his fault he couldn't keep his tongue in check and didn't step up his play ONE BIT this season. I would have tolerated his comments...if he played as well as he talked. Since he didn't, he's a bloody hypocrite.

And his comments were spot on.

Madam Kadri
01-12-2012, 11:49 PM
And his comments were spot on.
I am quite aware that hypocrites are often right about whatever they're *****ing about.
But the hypocrite always needs to point the finger at himself before pointing it at others or else he will be burned. That's how the world works.

One Man Rock Band
01-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Cammy has always been a drama queen. Even dating back to juniors. I still love him though and wish it had of worked out here. Unfortunately, it wasn't and I'll welcome Bourque with open arms.

NewHabsEra*
01-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Then why did the Flames trade for him AGAIN? Why did the Habs offer him a 5 year deal?

Vinny is not in the locker room..and I'm laughing at how he threw Scott Thornton under the bus too.

I don't know what it is about some people who go on nothing but hearsay. I was told Sergei was an awful teammate, yet there's not a single peep about him in Nashville. Is this a way for you to feel better about the trade?

Well you always hope a guy mature with time, what hasnt been the case with Cammy, what has been the case about Serge K., who was still pretty young BTW and who has been surrounded by good leadership..

Bloumeister
01-13-2012, 12:32 AM
He'll never get to celebrate one of his goals with L'Oreille.

FamousTee
01-13-2012, 12:42 AM
It's come upon me that the two main reason we got to the conference finals in 2010 are now gone (Halak, Cammalleri). It's funny how quick things can change.

JackZap
I was glad when they picked him up. Was on pace for a nice first season, awesome playoff guy. I feel hes lost a step, multiple knee injuries wasnt cutting it anymore. Thanks for the memories!

Jesse Pinkman
:facepalm: @ all these appreciation threads

Natural Habs Fan
01-13-2012, 12:49 AM
I was glad when he signed with us cause I was a fan of his back when he was in LA.

I expected more from him and his lack of physical play was frustrating at times. It's too bad it didn't work out.

Good luck in Calgary Mike. It will be fun watching him play with Iggy.

sheed36
01-13-2012, 12:52 AM
:facepalm: @ all these appreciation threads

So you didn't appreciate anything Cammy did for the Habs when he was here?

I only count 2 appreciation threads on the first page.. How many do you see?

Serious HABit
01-13-2012, 01:07 AM
I knew he was cursed when I found out he was from TO. No passion.

Madam Kadri
01-13-2012, 01:18 AM
He'll never get to celebrate one of his goals with L'Oreille.

It's obvious the song picks who is worthy to celebrate under its glorious halo.:laugh:

Price My Man Crush
01-13-2012, 01:23 AM
HgInzzJuUu8

I'll miss those playoff goals...Thanks Mike and good luck in Calgary!

Nicko999
01-13-2012, 01:53 AM
I will remember his playoffs heroics rather than his soft defensive plays.

Thank you Mike and good luck!

Galchenyum
01-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Started watching the Habs around 2001. I've never been so pumped for acquiring a player as when Cammalleri signed with the team. I'm not mad that he was traded and I don't hate the return, but I'm very disappointed that it couldn't have worked out better. I'll never forget the 2010 playoffs though. Wish him the best in Calgary!

The Russian General
01-13-2012, 02:51 AM

What?! You changed teams?! Look kiddo, you can change jobs, cars, schools, friends, even your wife. But you never change teams.

TheBuriedHab
01-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Should have ended better here. He will light it up in Calgary. Im sad.

swimmer77
01-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks Cammy for the many moments to remember during the playoff run of 2009 -2010. It was just a lot of fun.

And thanks for being proud to be a Hab. You certainly sounded sincere in that respect.

The fact that your teammates couldn't take some criticism shouldn't be on you. Maybe one of the other so called leaders should have stepped up sooner before they got themselves mired in this mess.

Good luck in Calgary!

mashedpotato
01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Isn't it possible he wanted off the Montreal roster for a fresh start somewhere? Sure CGY isn't exactly contending these days but at the very least his frustration concludes with the trade.

Any concerns from MTL that this is the start of an epidemic?

WhiskeySeven
01-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the nine goals!

Rickkins
01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks for everything, Mike. Best of luck out in Calgary.

Rickkins
01-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Oh, and imho, there is no need to be churlish in an Appreciation Thread. Class up a bit, will ya.

TinordiandSubban
01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Cammy was magic in so many big games. Will miss him.

dutchy29
01-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I appreciate the fact that hes gone

smon
01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
How easy it is to go from hero to zero. Guy was a one-dimensional pure scorer, had a horrible year this season, but was a big part of that magical run along with Halak. Was the best goal scorer the Habs had in a while.

It's a shame things didn't work out as it seemed they would, he missed quite a few games due to injury aside from this slump.

Myron Gaines*
01-13-2012, 10:53 AM
b-sHylkKDh4

Seb
01-13-2012, 11:19 AM

After S.Kost was traded, there was a Preds get-together dinner where all the players went to meet before the beginning of the season. That was during the pre-season camp.

Everyone went, but Sergei. One of the player said off records that it was strike 1 for him and that he better kick himself in the butt cause everyone knows he had attitude problems in Mtl.

That's how dumb S.Kost is.

Kirk Muller
01-13-2012, 11:26 AM
People have short memories.

This team wasnt built for long term success. This team is so far behind the times. Bob Gainey who built this disaster is still around playing armchair GM behind Gauthier who is just as far behind the times.

Gomez, Gionta, Cammalleri was destined to fail. Too many smurfs on long term contracts. Gomez hasnt scored in like two years, Gionta is breaking down physically. None of us should be surprised.

I appreciate what Cammalleri brought and could have brought if we had a GM with a vision.

McSorleyStick
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Considering his production has seriously decreased, we should have a depreciation thread

FlyingKostitsyn
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the memories Mike and best of luck in CGY! Too bad it ended this way :(

**** this season...

Habsfan18
01-13-2012, 04:58 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/Maidenfan16/thnhab.jpg

Remember how excited we all were?

This guy was awesome for half of his time here, and awful for the other half. I'll always remember his playoff performance, and the centennial game.

Born in 1909
01-13-2012, 05:01 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/Maidenfan16/thnhab.jpg

Remember how excited we all were?

This guy was awesome for half of his time here, and awful for the other half. I'll always remember his playoff performance, and the centennial game.

Say what you want about him, but he was clutch in the PO's.

Best of luck. :handclap:

The Kremelin Wall*
01-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Good riddance. I have nothing good to say about Cammalleri and his character. Thanks for the second round pick, I anticipate he will be the best player in this deal in five years.

InglewoodJack
01-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I was one of the first people who wanted him going into the season the team cleaned house. Super happy the Habs picked him up, he gave us good memories, but the way he left leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sucks that the best scorer is gone, but at the end of the day, it was necessary.

Analyzer
01-13-2012, 05:49 PM
You'll be missed, Cams. Loved you here and sad it ended this way.

Best of luck to you and the Flames!

The Kremelin Wall*
01-13-2012, 05:59 PM
I was one of the first people who wanted him going into the season the team cleaned house. Super happy the Habs picked him up, he gave us good memories, but the way he left leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sucks that the best scorer is gone, but at the end of the day, it was necessary.

He hadn't led the team in goals at all during his time here.

Kimota
01-13-2012, 07:17 PM
To think how much of a God he was in the playoffs two years ago. Finally we had our pure scorer!

It all came crashing down when he didn't get the C.

MooseOllini
01-13-2012, 10:02 PM
I watched the 15min scrum video in Calgary of him and realized a few things. Cammy was a very lonely guy in Montreal around the team and the team wasn't the problem.

As most of you know he's in marketing business for Biosteel and other products and often has meetings, dinners and such. On the road he rarely ate with the team. He rather was catching with friends or on some business stuff. What I'm saying is that outside the rink, he didn't seem to hang out that much with the boys. Gill, Cole and Gionta for instance do tons of stuff with their family and kids as an exemple.

What kept him going the first year and a half was that he was producing and as much as he was doing so, he was happy. Now we all know that not longer after Gio got the C, he injured himself, came back and wasn't scoring at all. When a player has that monkey on their back they always got their teammates to turn to but on Cammy's side being what he is he did not have that relation with them. It's obvious that by the time he got traded he was just floating around not enjoying anything. He wasn't sharp, quick and awake like he use to be.

The truth is that he's that type of player: Well spoken, bright guy but not as bounded to his teammates as he should be and a selfish(not in the meanest way, but you get what I'm saying) when the things are not working out for him. He can be as awesome as much as he can be disappointing. It's his temper and nothing will change it.

Now there's been speculation about personal stories between him and Gorges and maybe Gorge's contract extension made it clear in his mind that he wanted to leave Montreal cuz of that so he just stopped playing but that's a whole other story.

It's on a sad note that he left but I wish him the best of luck in Calgary. He seems to be good friend with a lot of guys there and close to TK (I love tom and I miss him even tho he has a 0W-313L fighting record).

AJMHABS
01-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Thanks Mike for the great first season and the fantastic playoff performances. My favorite player during the Smurf era, sad it had to end this way, should have stayed beside locker room issues, but **** happens and it was best for the team. But, I ain't that mad because he goes to my other favorite team in the Calgary Flames, although I'm not happy I have to buy another jersey. Best of luck in Calgary and I'll be watching.:handclap:

hockeyfan2k11
01-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Do you guys think Cam was put in the best situation to succeed? I don't.

Crimson Skorpion
01-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Do you guys think Cam was put in the best situation to succeed? I don't.

He's been put there now. First line with Iginla, first wave of the powerplay (I'm guessing). He's right back at home where he potted 39 goals just a few seasons ago.

hockeyfan2k11
01-14-2012, 07:57 AM
He's been put there now. First line with Iginla, first wave of the powerplay (I'm guessing). He's right back at home where he potted 39 goals just a few seasons ago.

Pretty much.

LeMAD
01-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Cammalleri is washed up. Can't barely skate anymore. Is absolutely weak physically. And will also suck in Calgary. Great trade by Gauthier.

Roulin
01-14-2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks for everything, Mike. The centennial game was magic, and the playoff run was amazing.

BLONG7
01-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Do you guys think Cam was put in the best situation to succeed? I don't.He was early on during his stay, but as he got injured, then came back and played like soft serve ice cream, it led to his reduced icetime....that's a nutshell glance...

Loved his first season, and of course playoffs, was a little disappointed in him last year, I think he dropped a bit because he didn't get the C. This year, he has been a disaster, and some of his PP chances weren't going in, and if he is not scoring, he is offering nothing else to his team....

Lots of people saying he has always been a selfish player, 3 teams in a row now, can't be just a theory...

He provided us with some great goals, and I hope he does well in Calgary, and hopefully Bourque provides us with some size and scoring we have been lacking...

habitue*
01-14-2012, 12:22 PM
He was early on during his stay, but as he got injured, then came back and played like soft serve ice cream, it led to his reduced icetime....that's a nutshell glance...

Loved his first season, and of course playoffs, was a little disappointed in him last year, I think he dropped a bit because he didn't get the C. This year, he has been a disaster, and some of his PP chances weren't going in, and if he is not scoring, he is offering nothing else to his team....

Lots of people saying he has always been a selfish player, 3 teams in a row now, can't be just a theory...

He provided us with some great goals, and I hope he does well in Calgary, and hopefully Bourque provides us with some size and scoring we have been lacking...

It's a fact indeed. No players will cry his departure to Calgary

irunthepeg
01-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Sorry guys, it was my fault. I got his jersey after the 09/10 playoffs. Please forgive me, I will never buy another Habs jersey :(