Janne Niskala disciplinary action??

crossxcheck
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
The best I can tell from what little translation I could get online is that he has a disciplinary hearing up in the air. I'm not sure if he's suspended or what happened. Any help would be appreciated. Here's the text:

Kurinpitopäätös Lukon Janne Niskalan tapauksessa

SM-liigan kurinpitopäällikkö Jarmo Muukkonen on antanut tänään ratkaisunsa otsikossa mainitussa tapauksessa.

Lukon Janne Niskalan sai ottelurangaistuksen 16.10.2004 pelatussa ottelussa SaiPa - Lukko säännön 550 g -kohdan perusteella.

Niskala sai rangaistuksena yhden ottelun pelikieltoa. Niskala kärsii pelikieltonsa 19.10. pelattavassa ottelussa Ässät-Lukko.

ES
10-19-2004, 02:18 PM
SM-liigan kurinpitopäällikkö Jarmo Muukkonen on antanut tänään ratkaisunsa otsikossa mainitussa tapauksessa.

Lukon Janne Niskalan sai ottelurangaistuksen 16.10.2004 pelatussa ottelussa SaiPa - Lukko säännön 550 g -kohdan perusteella.

Niskala sai rangaistuksena yhden ottelun pelikieltoa. Niskala kärsii pelikieltonsa 19.10. pelattavassa ottelussa Ässät-Lukko.

SM-liiga disciplinary boss Jarmo Muukkonen has given his decision in Janne Niskala's incident.

Janne Niskala of Lukko got match penalty in SaiPa-Lukko-match on October 16th with rule 550g.

Niskala was given one-match suspension. He serves it on October 19th in a match Ässät-Lukko.

crossxcheck
10-19-2004, 02:29 PM
SM-liiga disciplinary boss Jarmo Muukkonen has given his decision in Janne Niskala's incident.

Janne Niskala of Lukko got match penalty in SaiPa-Lukko-match on October 16th with rule 550g.

Niskala was given one-match suspension. He serves it on October 19th in a match Ässät-Lukko.

Thank you very much. Do you know much about this incident personally?

Korkki
10-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Niskala had argued with the referee and just in the next situation he shot the puck to the opposite goal and it hit the referee accidentally (the referee skated to the line of the puck). Ref just made his own decision by giving him the match misconduct penalty (always one game suspension). The disciplinary committee had interviewed SaiPa goalkeeper Jarmo Myllys who said he saw when Niskala shot and after the shot was fired the referee skated to the shot line. So the committee did not give any extra suspension.

Enoch
10-19-2004, 09:01 PM
It sounds like the official was TRYING to get Niskala into trouble...Am I missing something here or is the article just ambiguois on the wording?

Diaboli
10-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Unfortunately I didn't get to see that game (didn't have time), 'cos it sounded like, it would have been a VERY interesting match. As I understood it, Niskala and the ref had had a few arguments earlier in the game. It just sounds to me kinda like a lame evidence coming from the ref, when he said that Janne looked him in the eyes before the face-off. I mean come on! He looked you in the eyes! I'm surprised he didn't try to kill him. He did look into his eyes before the face-off ya know. :lol

crossxcheck
10-20-2004, 07:22 AM
definitely sounds like some shananigans. And we think the NHL and AHL refs suck! :D

Pepper
10-20-2004, 07:49 AM
It sounds like the official was TRYING to get Niskala into trouble...Am I missing something here or is the article just ambiguois on the wording?

Well there are two versions, the other says he looked at the referee when he shot the puck (supported by the ref, the official supervisor of the game and couple of others) while others (Niskala, supported by Myllys) say the opposite.

had it been a clear-cut case Niskala would have gotten 10 games easily.

Diaboli
10-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Well there are two versions, the other says he looked at the referee when he shot the puck (supported by the ref, the official supervisor of the game and couple of others) while others (Niskala, supported by Myllys) say the opposite.

had it been a clear-cut case Niskala would have gotten 10 games easily.

Where did you read those others that support the ref's point of view? The official supervisor supported the ref on the judgement, but he didn't say that it was the right call. At least thats the impression I got. And who are these others?

Padawan
10-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Last season almost the same thing happened. Not to Niskala but, surprise, another Lukko player. Now are we seeing some consipiracy here? ;)

In the Doghouse
10-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Last season almost the same thing happened. Not to Niskala but, surprise, another Lukko player. Now are we seeing some consipiracy here? ;)

But that was after the whistle when Torkki made the shot. Niskala's case was totally different. Game was tie and Lukko was shorthanded. There were only few seconds game left and of course Niskala tried to make a shot on goal. Referee Rantala just happened to stand in his way and was hit by a puck accidentally. Rantala was in very big trouble through the game and made misjudgement. I guess he's on wrong league 'cause it's obvious that he can't handle his job, this wasn't the first time he made bad mistakes.

Pepper
10-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Actually Rantala has been quite solid this year, much better than guys like Pajunen and Henriksson.

ES
10-20-2004, 02:15 PM
I have seen one match (and that was "neutral" match for me) whistled by Rantala and IMO he did well in that match.

For me, those referees which I have seen this year:

Very good: Kruus
Good: Ringbom, Rantala
Average: Partanen, Henriksson
Bad: Toivola, Pajunen

I have also seen two foreign referees (Rönnmark and Kurmann and they did well)

Diaboli
10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Actually Rantala has been quite solid this year, much better than guys like Pajunen and Henriksson.

No! Don't mention Pajunen EVER! The guy's a freakin' fiasko everytime he's on the ice!

crossxcheck
10-21-2004, 07:29 AM
No! Don't mention Pajunen EVER! The guy's a freakin' fiasko everytime he's on the ice!

just be careful, guys. if any ref defects there from the nhl called mcgough, RUN!!! :lol

Pepper
10-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Trust me, even Kerry Fraser's hairdresser would be a better ref than some of the clowns refereeing games over here.

In the Doghouse
10-24-2004, 08:24 AM
You're right Pepper! Couple of refs looks just like they've just won "Wanna be hockey referee?" -contest in TV.