QMJHL to expand by two for 05-06

OHLArenaGuide
10-30-2004, 04:27 PM
St John, NB is pretty much a lock for one of the teams. I find it difficult they'd make the mistake of going back to Montreal again.

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/news_story.asp?id=103182

Kitsune
10-30-2004, 08:50 PM
I personally think that if the Q was to go back to Montreal it'll be only if they have a smaller arena for the team to play in, otherwise stick to Atlantic Expansion, as I've heard rumours of some Mass. people organizing to put a bid in for a team there.

plaugher
10-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Looks like St. John's, Newfoundland is the other locale.

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=232&id_nouvelle=537&PHPSESSID=a17a2a8ced98a2c454d5a5ad6f504c23

The team owners of the Quťbec Major Junior Hockey League have approved by a majority vote an expansion plan that will allow the QMJHL to raise the number of clubs from 16 to 18 as early as the 2005-2006 season.

The two new franchises could be in St. John, New Brunswick and St. Johnís Newfoundland.

OHLArenaGuide
10-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Courteau announced tonight it would be St John and St John's getting the two teams. That's great for the league - I'd ideally like to see a 20-team QMJHL with 10 in Quebec and 10 in the Maritimes - perhaps Fredericton and Corner Brook?

Sabrebat
10-31-2004, 12:47 AM
I like the way you think sec17. 10 and 10 would be good.

I can't wait for the St. John's franchise to come to Moncton to play. I know its very early, but I can't wait to see what team name and colour scheme the St. John's team chooses. As long as its not Leafs related, I'll be buying the merchandise and supporting the team from the Rock.

whoo hooo - St. John's Memorial Cup champs by 2008!!!! :yo: :yo:

alecfromtherock
10-31-2004, 04:00 AM
Lets just hope the junior team in St. Johnís draws a bigger crowd then Saturdayís Baby Leafs game with a sparse 2,678, not even half capacity.

Since many teams from St. Johnís are the Caps(hockey and baseball), it is a safe bet on St. Johnís Caps being the junior franchises name.

Red is the primary Caps colour.

You can be assured that the Leafs will have no affiliation with regards to a Quebec Junior team in St. Johnís. Blue might never be seen again at Mile One.

I do realize that there is an NHL team called the Washington Capitals, but its different levels of hockey.

Fredericton and Corner Brook would be good expansion cities, but the Q might have there eyes on the northen States.

Maritime is a common misconception with people, there are only 3 provinces in the Maritimes are NB, NS, PEI..

The Atlantic provinces include NL with NS NB and PEI.

The St. Johnís Quebec Junior team has a lot to live up to compared to the Baby Leafs:

1) be in the playoffs the first few years
2) never win a cup in 14 years
3) donít even be in contention for your last 5 years

After talking to people most think a junior team will be great in St. Johnís

Emerald City Bruin
10-31-2004, 05:37 AM
Courteau announced tonight it would be St John and St John's getting the two teams. That's great for the league - I'd ideally like to see a 20-team QMJHL with 10 in Quebec and 10 in the Maritimes - perhaps Fredericton and Corner Brook?

Surely you would have to change the name then. QMJHL won't cut it if half of it's teams aren't even in Quebec. :)

Beatnik
10-31-2004, 07:49 AM
Surely you would have to change the name then. QMJHL won't cut it if half of it's teams aren't even in Quebec. :)

For now they want to bring Bathurts in Montrťal but I think they'll wait until the end of january

Newfie Bruin
10-31-2004, 02:28 PM
Lets just hope the junior team in St. Johnís draws a bigger crowd then Saturdayís Baby Leafs game with a sparse 2,678, not even half capacity.

Since many teams from St. Johnís are the Caps(hockey and baseball), it is a safe bet on St. Johnís Caps being the junior franchises name.

Red is the primary Caps colour.

You can be assured that the Leafs will have no affiliation with regards to a Quebec Junior team in St. Johnís. Blue might never be seen again at Mile One.

I do realize that there is an NHL team called the Washington Capitals, but its different levels of hockey.

Fredericton and Corner Brook would be good expansion cities, but the Q might have there eyes on the northen States.

Maritime is a common misconception with people, there are only 3 provinces in the Maritimes are NB, NS, PEI..

The Atlantic provinces include NL with NS NB and PEI.

The St. Johnís Quebec Junior team has a lot to live up to compared to the Baby Leafs:

1) be in the playoffs the first few years
2) never win a cup in 14 years
3) donít even be in contention for your last 5 years

After talking to people most think a junior team will be great in St. Johnís
Im so excited about St. John's getting a QMJHL team. No one on the island cares any more about the Leafs...that is why no one is going. Last season we averaged over 4000 fans/gm for a losing team. The caps is a reasonable name...guess we will wait and see. We will probably have a contest for the name like we id wit Mile one.
Don't know about Corner Brook getting a team. My guess is it that they might get 2000 a game if they r lucky.

Frankie
10-31-2004, 02:47 PM
awesome news! i'd like to see the caps name and logo. bring back the red and white. no more leafs blue in this city. what about the pub at mile one which is now called caps pub? if the team is the caps, do they change the pub's name to leafs pub? i think not!! :p:

can't wait to get this season over with and get on with some good hockey in 05-06. its been torture the past 5 years.

sveiglar
11-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Anything but blue and white is fine by me. The Caps is an ok nickname but I'm not against anything else as long as it doesn't sound too stupid.

Minor hockey is a big thing in St. John's, so I'm sure the new franchise will draw very well for the first few years. I just hope they sustain it by putting a winning product on the ice.

Roughneck
11-02-2004, 04:25 PM
St. John's Screech would be a dandy name!

Bruno8
11-05-2004, 07:47 PM
St, John and St. John's would be good. Bathurst wants out but the rest of the owners are reluctant to allow the move. There's a new ownership group in Bathurst that wants to buy them. Laval would need a better arena but I think Laval would be a great place. Another New England based team is still being hoped for in the next 2-4 years. They have to start thinking about changing the League's name.

Emerald City Bruin
11-05-2004, 08:12 PM
St. John's Screech would be a dandy name!

Ha!

Tuggy
11-16-2004, 04:34 AM
From what I have been hearing Saint John is pretty much a lock to get a team :) which is going to be great because of all the rivalries that will start up :D

Bruno8
11-16-2004, 08:25 AM
St. John will most likely be in, but there are two ownership groups involved. It's a matter of which one. Or will the $3 million price tag scare both away.

St. John's is just about a lock. Money doesn't seem to be a factor.

Papadice
11-18-2004, 07:54 AM
St. John will most likely be in, but there are two ownership groups involved. It's a matter of which one. Or will the $3 million price tag scare both away.

St. John's is just about a lock. Money doesn't seem to be a factor.
The other great thing about Saint John (not St. John) is that they have a relatively new arena there (within the last 10 or 15 years) that will be great for junior hockey... I think Saint John will be a great success... With a natural rival of Moncton just down the highway, it could make the Atlantic portion of the league very interesting...

St. John's obviously has a great arena too... My only concern is the travel... The biggest reason the Leafs are leaving St. John's is because of the practice time they lose while travelling... Well, how would you like to be a Q player drafted by St. John's, knowing that your career development may be stunted because you don't get as much ice time as the rest of the league??? I'd love to see a team there if they can make it work... I'm just a bit cautious about it...

Papadice
11-18-2004, 07:58 AM
Names for expansion teams?

St. John's Capitals???

Saint John Flames???

After the Flames pulling out of Saint John I don't know if it would be appropriate or not... there might be some bad blood there... Not sure what else they'd go by though... With the Mooseheads in Halifax, that name is out (Moosehead's brewery is in Saint John)... They could go with Alpines (kind of Moosehead beer only available in the maritimes) but the Moncton Wildcats used to be the Alpines for a year or two and that name was a flop... Saint John, to my knowledge, doesn't have much else to go by... They may just have to pull out a cool hip sounding name... I can't think of any names that have any relevance to Saint John that would work...

Papadice
11-18-2004, 08:00 AM

St. John's Capitals???

Saint John Flames???

After the Flames pulling out of Saint John I don't know if it would be appropriate or not... there might be some bad blood there... Not sure what else they'd go by though... With the Mooseheads in Halifax, that name is out (Moosehead's brewery is in Saint John)... They could go with Alpines (kind of Moosehead beer only available in the maritimes) but the Moncton Wildcats used to be the Alpines for a year or two and that name was a flop... Saint John, to my knowledge, doesn't have much else to go by... They may just have to pull out a cool hip sounding name... I can't think of any names that have any relevance to Saint John that would work...
Actually, just thinking about it now, don't be suprised if they end up being the Saint John Vitos... Vitos is a pizza chain in the area that has been a part of the hockey scene in Saint John for years... the senior A team they used to have in Saint John was called the Vitos and as far as I know, Vitos had a stake in the Flames when they were in town too... I wouldn't be shocked to see them be the Vitos... the name kind of sucks, but it has some relevance to the city at least...

JohnnyB11
11-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Actually, just thinking about it now, don't be suprised if they end up being the Saint John Vitos... Vitos is a pizza chain in the area that has been a part of the hockey scene in Saint John for years... the senior A team they used to have in Saint John was called the Vitos and as far as I know, Vitos had a stake in the Flames when they were in town too... I wouldn't be shocked to see them be the Vitos... the name kind of sucks, but it has some relevance to the city at least...

The Vito's name firstly will depend on which ownership group lands a franchise in Saint John - Vito's founder Nick Georgoudis headed the group that owned the Flames and is part of a five member group looking at a Q franchise. However there is another group seriously vying for a team so if this groiup were to be successful I can't see the team using the Vito's name. My guess is that a new name would be found, one with no ties to any past hockey teams in the area.

The biggest problem in Saint John right now seems to be the 3 million dollar price tag on a new team. A team in Saint John is anything but a done deal, with this being the only real (but VERY REAL) stumbling block.

JohnnyB11
11-22-2004, 09:42 PM
St John, NB is pretty much a lock for one of the teams. I find it difficult they'd make the mistake of going back to Montreal again.

http://www.tsn.ca/chl/news_story.asp?id=103182

One of the two ownership groups looking to bring a team toSaint John has dropped out (the one headed by Georgoudis) due to the 3 million dollar price tag... the second group is wrestling with the numbers but to me it doesn't look good... incredible amount of money for an expansion junior team. :shakehead

Jeffroizzle
11-24-2004, 01:07 PM
I've just heard rumour that the other group has also backed out because of the $3 million price tag.

JohnnyB11
11-26-2004, 08:21 AM
I've just heard rumour that the other group has also backed out because of the $3 million price tag.

In the local news today, Major Sports Inc. will present to the Q board and will proceed with their plans to bring a Q team to Saint John. Also three different groups from St. John's Nfld will be persenting. Prospects looking good for Major Junior to expand to these two cities for next season.

alecfromtherock
11-27-2004, 01:24 PM
The Leafs left St. Johnís because they could see the writing on the wall, the fans were getting pissed off with the desperate team that was on the ice for the past 5 years.

Although they are currently doing well I am sure they are going to screw it up come playoff time.

Travel is the worst excuse ever in my estimation for the Baby leafs leaving. Its not like we live in the days of train or horse, modern jets make air travel a couple of hours to any destination on this continent.

Even if there was instant teleportation the Baby Leafs could not practise enough to make a good team. There are playing to the best of their abilities, most of the players have no chance of making the NHL.

A team in St. Johnís would only make 1 or 2 round trips in a 4 week period and that could not possible effect their practise time. In some cases Q teams have a 8+ hour bus ride, teams coming and leaving St. Johnís by air will have more practise time then they would have otherwise.

The schedule could easily be manipulated so that the St. Johnís team would play a one week on the island and one week on the continent(4 one way trips) Or 2 weeks on the island and 2 weeks on the continent(2 one way trips)

Teams in the same division would play 2 games against the St. Johnís team while they are visiting. This means only 2 trips for division teams and only 1 trip for non-division teams for the year.

If anyone thinks that not travelling for 1 or 2 week periods will minimise the practice time for the St. Johnís team please speak up.

One name that you will never see in St. Johnís ever again in any way shape or form is Maple Leafs, my bet is on the Caps.

Saint John could be called the Copy Cats, as their name is just a copy of St. Johnís.

Frankie
11-27-2004, 10:20 PM
The Leafs left St. Johnís because they could see the writing on the wall, the fans were getting pissed off with the desperate team that was on the ice for the past 5 years.

Although they are currently doing well I am sure they are going to screw it up come playoff time.

Travel is the worst excuse ever in my estimation for the Baby leafs leaving. Its not like we live in the days of train or horse, modern jets make air travel a couple of hours to any destination on this continent.

Even if there was instant teleportation the Baby Leafs could not practise enough to make a good team. There are playing to the best of their abilities, most of the players have no chance of making the NHL.

A team in St. Johnís would only make 1 or 2 round trips in a 4 week period and that could not possible effect their practise time. In some cases Q teams have a 8+ hour bus ride, teams coming and leaving St. Johnís by air will have more practise time then they would have otherwise.

The schedule could easily be manipulated so that the St. Johnís team would play a one week on the island and one week on the continent(4 one way trips) Or 2 weeks on the island and 2 weeks on the continent(2 one way trips)

Teams in the same division would play 2 games against the St. Johnís team while they are visiting. This means only 2 trips for division teams and only 1 trip for non-division teams for the year.

If anyone thinks that not travelling for 1 or 2 week periods will minimise the practice time for the St. Johnís team please speak up.

One name that you will never see in St. Johnís ever again in any way shape or form is Maple Leafs, my bet is on the Caps.

Saint John could be called the Copy Cats, as their name is just a copy of St. Johnís.

pretty much agree! what do people think, the teams are going to have to swim to st.john's?

you can get from st.john's to halifax faster then you can get from moncton to halifax. if anything, the st.john's team will spend less time travelling then most other teams do.

i like st.john's capitals! bring back the red and white!

nothing with blue and white!

GKJ
11-30-2004, 04:24 PM
I thought it was the AHL screwing St. John's more than Toronto was. It was the AHL who kept realigining the league and kept putting St. John's, the Eastern most city on the continent, in the western conference, thus running up insane travels costs.

The article on TSN said the Q desperately wants a team back in Montreal, and it also wants another team in the States, I would think either in Montpielier or Burlington in Vermont.

Tuggy
11-30-2004, 08:51 PM
I just saw on the Score ticker that the Q is set to announce Wednesday or Thursday that the league will be in Saint John and St. John's next year :handclap:

TSN also reporting it : http://www.tsn.ca/chl/news_story.asp?id=106468

HFXMooseHabs
12-02-2004, 05:02 PM

St. John's Capitals???

Saint John Flames???

I've read St.John's Gale and Saint John Surge are possibilities. I hope not though, not a fan of non-plural nicknames.

Blind Gardien
12-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Regardless of the choice of cities, isn't anybody worried a little bit about the dilution of talent that additional QMJHL expansion would represent? Right now, there is a definite gap between the Q and the other two CHL leagues in terms of competitiveness and player depth/quality. While the Q may be the more entertaining product from a fan perspective, it still will suffer some effects of playing lower calibre hockey than the other leagues, won't it? :dunno: The gap right now is there, but surmountable. But with continued expansion...

Jacques Strappe
12-02-2004, 08:17 PM

What about the Saint John Rivermen? the Saint John River is the longest in the province and has a history of logging... :dunno:

willie
12-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Regardless of the choice of cities, isn't anybody worried a little bit about the dilution of talent that additional QMJHL expansion would represent? Right now, there is a definite gap between the Q and the other two CHL leagues in terms of competitiveness and player depth/quality. While the Q may be the more entertaining product from a fan perspective, it still will suffer some effects of playing lower calibre hockey than the other leagues, won't it? :dunno: The gap right now is there, but surmountable. But with continued expansion...

That was my initial reaction as well. Its great for those two cities but this is only going to further dilute the talent in the Q. The only way to help offset this would be to grant the Q more territorial rights over American players. (though I can't see the O supporting that idea) Or I guess they could allow Q teams to have 3 Euro Imports or maybe an extra OA? :dunno:

sveiglar
12-06-2004, 08:19 AM
I've read St.John's Gale and Saint John Surge are possibilities. I hope not though, not a fan of non-plural nicknames.

The Gale would be a brutal choice. I'm not much for the Caps, but even that is better than Gale.

On a stadium-related note, St. John's Sports and Entertainment (ie city hall) lost the bid to local businessman Derm Dobben. Since the city controls Mile One, they are now saying (led by mayor Andy Wells) that they "won't subsidize junior hockey" by letting Dobben have the building on his terms. If this isn't resolved, Dobben has said that the Glacier in Mount Pearl could be an option. In the end it has to be out of Mile One; the Glacier is smaller and out of the way. I just hope the public wrangling between Wells and Dobben doesn't get too stupid.

alecfromtherock
12-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Andy Wells is not the villain in this case, St. Johnís Sports and Entertainment Chairman Keith Coombs is the thorn in hockeyís side.

Andy put it best in his quote Ďhockey is a pain in the assí(from a city POV)

The city has lost over 5 million dollars with the baby leafs for 14 years, they built a new stadium and convection centre for 30 million and itís Tennant is leaving just after 3 years.

However the behaviour of Keith Coombs is much like a child that can not accept that they lost, a sore loser. The fact is that when the leafs are gone next year, the SJSE will be disbanded as they will no longer have a team or stadium thus a use.

If the city will not lease the stadium to Derm and Craig Dobbin at a reasonable rate then they will take their franchise elsewhere.

Mount Pearl is not an option, Corner Brook on the other hand has the Canada games Pepsi centre at their disposal that only needs minor renovations to get up to the 3,500 minium stadium capacity for a new franchise. It is interesting in that the Glacier in Mount Pearl was built by Derm Dobbins developing company in the first place(under 1,000 seats currently)

Corner Brook and surrounding area have 65,000 people and I am sure that 3000-4000 people a game in the Pepsi Centre could be reached. Corner Brook is already being looked at for a future expansion team from the Q.

It would be a sad twist of faith if Corner Brook ends up getting a franchise next year because St. Johnís would not sign a lease with the franchise owner Derm Dobbin.

With the municipal elections set for 2005 any St Johnís councillor that blocked a private interest in getting a junior team in Mile One will get ousted.

This has already exceeded stupid, we have Keith Combs saying from a taxpayers perspective it might be cheaper to have Mile One tennant-less.

On the issue of a subsidy we paid the Toronto maple leafs 1.7 million dollars a year. Even if Dobbin wants a subsidy(has not indicated that he does) it would need to be far less then 1.7 million dollars. Players donít get paid that much in junior hockey and they do not stay at the Hilton on their road trips, more like Holiday Inn.

Newfoundland has many midget and junior teams across the province only 20 or so are away playing hockey. Many players do not want to leave Newfoundland even if they have the ability to play hockey on the QMJHL or the OHL. That all changes now that somewhere in Newfoundland(St. Johnís or Corner Brook) will have a major junior team.

Expansion teams can have 5 overagers the first year, 4 the second year.., until they reach the league limit. The first and second pick in the midget draft will go to the expansion teams, same goes for the European draft. If team A gets the first in the midget, then they will get the second pick in the alternative draft.

Here is a question that needs answering: You are a overage player in Newfoundland and have never played for anyone but your towns team (not major junior or anything simular)

Should those overagers as defined above be allow to play for the Newfoundland team without costing the team some form of draft pick?

From a fan draw perspective that would be 5 local players on the Newfoundland Team for its first year as an expansion team.

If some of the homegrown players have some talent and prevent the team from going 0-80 its first year all the better.

I hope St. Johnís gets its act together so that I will not have to drive 8 hours to see a junior game in Corner Brook.

Then again since Craig Dobbin is the CEO of CHC perhaps he will fly Avalon residents to Corner Brook that want season tickets (donít sent the Sea Kings Craig)

sveiglar
12-07-2004, 06:28 AM
Andy Wells is not the villain in this case, St. Johnís Sports and Entertainment Chairman Keith Coombs is the thorn in hockeyís side.

Andy put it best in his quote Ďhockey is a pain in the assí(from a city POV)

The city has lost over 5 million dollars with the baby leafs for 14 years, they built a new stadium and convection centre for 30 million and itís Tennant is leaving just after 3 years.

However the behaviour of Keith Coombs is much like a child that can not accept that they lost, a sore loser. The fact is that when the leafs are gone next year, the SJSE will be disbanded as they will no longer have a team or stadium thus a use.

If the city will not lease the stadium to Derm and Craig Dobbin at a reasonable rate then they will take their franchise elsewhere.

Mount Pearl is not an option, Corner Brook on the other hand has the Canada games Pepsi centre at their disposal that only needs minor renovations to get up to the 3,500 minium stadium capacity for a new franchise. It is interesting in that the Glacier in Mount Pearl was built by Derm Dobbins developing company in the first place(under 1,000 seats currently)

Corner Brook and surrounding area have 65,000 people and I am sure that 3000-4000 people a game in the Pepsi Centre could be reached. Corner Brook is already being looked at for a future expansion team from the Q.

It would be a sad twist of faith if Corner Brook ends up getting a franchise next year because St. Johnís would not sign a lease with the franchise owner Derm Dobbin.

With the municipal elections set for 2005 any St Johnís councillor that blocked a private interest in getting a junior team in Mile One will get ousted.

This has already exceeded stupid, we have Keith Combs saying from a taxpayers perspective it might be cheaper to have Mile One tennant-less.

On the issue of a subsidy we paid the Toronto maple leafs 1.7 million dollars a year. Even if Dobbin wants a subsidy(has not indicated that he does) it would need to be far less then 1.7 million dollars. Players donít get paid that much in junior hockey and they do not stay at the Hilton on their road trips, more like Holiday Inn.

Newfoundland has many midget and junior teams across the province only 20 or so are away playing hockey. Many players do not want to leave Newfoundland even if they have the ability to play hockey on the QMJHL or the OHL. That all changes now that somewhere in Newfoundland(St. Johnís or Corner Brook) will have a major junior team.

Expansion teams can have 5 overagers the first year, 4 the second year.., until they reach the league limit. The first and second pick in the midget draft will go to the expansion teams, same goes for the European draft. If team A gets the first in the midget, then they will get the second pick in the alternative draft.

Here is a question that needs answering: You are a overage player in Newfoundland and have never played for anyone but your towns team (not major junior or anything simular)

Should those overagers as defined above be allow to play for the Newfoundland team without costing the team some form of draft pick?

From a fan draw perspective that would be 5 local players on the Newfoundland Team for its first year as an expansion team.

If some of the homegrown players have some talent and prevent the team from going 0-80 its first year all the better.

I hope St. Johnís gets its act together so that I will not have to drive 8 hours to see a junior game in Corner Brook.

Then again since Craig Dobbin is the CEO of CHC perhaps he will fly Avalon residents to Corner Brook that want season tickets (donít sent the Sea Kings Craig)

You're right; Combs is looking like the fool in this so far. Dobbin and the city will be sitting down in the next couple of days to discuss terms. I can't believe that it won't get done, because it is unfathomable that Mile One could be cheaper being tenantless.

Bobo LaTuque
12-08-2004, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=sec17]St John, NB is pretty much a lock for one of the teams. I find it difficult they'd make the mistake of going back to Montreal again.

Gee whiz. I can see Americans making this mistake, but Canadians? Especially maritimers? It's SAINT JOHN New Brunswick. :banghead: St. John's is in Newfoundland.

Anyway, It will be good to get a team back in Harbour Station; I really miss the Flames. :(

As to the name of the new team, I suppose "Flames" could still be used, but maybe with a different logo. The name makes about as much sense as anything else, because of "The Great Fire" of 1877 which destroyed virtually all of the downtown and South End. I mean, after all, the Atlanta Flames were called the Flames because of the burning of Atlanta in the U.S. Civil War.

Another idea might be Saint John Fog (it's about the second foggiest city in Canada, but the name does suck); Saint John Tide (or something like it, due to the very high tides in the harbor); Saint John Mariners, or... the Saint John Loyalists, since the first great influx of immigrants was the Loyalists in 1783. But... the name still sucks.

One last option: The "It's Saint John Dang It!" :joker:

"Bobo LaTuque"
Saint John, NB

Sabrebat
12-10-2004, 11:51 AM
I believe I read that the front runners for the St. John's team name are: IceFlows, Icebergs and Gale. None of which I like.

I would rather see the team with a plural sounding name: Shamrocks, Merchants, Capitals, etc.

But if they have to go with a non-plural name I like:
Artillary or Rock.

mazmin
12-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Two more teams!! Does this mean they need players? This could be a good opportunity for some kids to have a junior career. I few boys I know came pretty close to signing with Everett of the WHL when they expanded. One of them is now in Cape Breton and the other played in Moose Jaw last year.

This is good for Canada's game for sure. I hope it goes well.