B junior

f1nn
10-31-2004, 10:17 PM
I might move back to Finland next year and I was just wondering how good you have to be to play b juniors... I would probly live in Ulvila so how good would you have to be to play on one of the teams around there?

thanks in advance

Korkki
11-01-2004, 04:36 AM
Mostly Ässät have had a training camp for B-junior aged players so you might try that way. But I got to warn that Ässät B -junior team is one of the best in Finland so it may be very hard to get into the first team. They also have a 2nd team which plays in regional serie and it would be easier to play there.

In Ulvila there isn't even an Ice hall, but Pori is under 10 kilometers from here. Third choice would be Panelian Raikas B -juniors (25 kilometers from Ulvila). They also play in regional serie.

f1nn
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
thanks!

just found out id more likely be in Espoo or Lahti

Jukka Ropponen
11-04-2004, 01:46 AM
thanks!

just found out id more likely be in Espoo or Lahti

Lot's of hockey at Espoo and all different levels.

My son used to play AAA travel hockey up to bantams at Rochester, NY and he now plays for Blues junior B at Espoo. Level is higher than at U.S. on the top teams, but there's many other options too.

Noticed you location as Blues junior B team has a Finnish player who used to play for the Dallas Stars youth hockey 87 team.

Jukka

f1nn
11-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Lot's of hockey at Espoo and all different levels.

My son used to play AAA travel hockey up to bantams at Rochester, NY and he now plays for Blues junior B at Espoo. Level is higher than at U.S. on the top teams, but there's many other options too.

Noticed you location as Blues junior B team has a Finnish player who used to play for the Dallas Stars youth hockey 87 team.

Jukka

awesome, is the top level in Finland ALOT or a little bit higher than AAA in US

Jukka Ropponen
11-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Top level junior B is close to NAHL U.S. junior A and junior A league in here is equal or better than USHL.

Several levels underneath those leagues.

Jukka