Ilkka Mikkola

papa
11-04-2004, 05:44 AM
Ever since he was drafted by the Canadiens (97 i think) I had been hoping to see Ilkka play for the Habs one day, but he hasn't been to even one training camp in Montreal so far. Not sure what the problem is, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me whether he is simply not interested in the NHL, or perhaps he lacks confindence or smth?
Of course there is no NHL atm anyway :cry:

Tiina
11-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Ilkka plays in Kärpät this season 10games 2goals 7assists so far,all together he has played 288games and has 18goals 47assists in the regular season.68 play-off games and 15games on the national team.He is not listed among the 50 best players in the SM-Liiga according to Jääkiekkolehti season preview.

mattihp
11-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Ah... The Golden Ilkka :bow:

I've never seen him as a player who lacks confidence, as every coach he has ever had has had full confidence in his ability and played him in every situation of the game, he should be rather happy with himself. One of the safest players with and without the puck, can play respectless without getting penalties, can jump into the play offensively and help out well. Steady skater, although needs an extra gear. One of those defensemen that for some reason get overlooked. One of the most solid contributors on the ice, night in and night out. A coach favourite as he plays the pk, pp and 5-5 to perfection.

papa
11-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the replies Tiina and Mattihp :) ..I think he could play in Montreal with no problem, but it looks like Illka may be happy to stay in Finland, there's certainly nothing wrong with that, good hockey and great people ;)

pihinalle
11-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Maybe he still wants a couple of championships.

Jamina
11-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Maybe he still wants a couple of championships.
Yes, that's why Ilu doesn't want to go to Montreal. Five championships isn't enough for him. :D