Translation please? (Bartek article)

psycho_dad
11-09-2004, 08:45 AM
http://hokej.point.sk/spravy/?clanok=32198

I guess he is not happy right now, but can someone translate more?

12# Peter Bondra
11-09-2004, 03:08 PM
He says that he wants to leave Finland and that he will probably go back to Slovakia.

Masterovic
11-09-2004, 03:16 PM
He told that it is hard for him to adjust to lifestyle and style of play. He said that the league has a poor quality(worse than AHL) and there are not more than two or three good players in each team. Rauma is a small town so he spend all days in front of computer checking internet. He didn´t appear in last two games because he has problem with knee.

Cono
11-09-2004, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Masterovic and there are not more than two or three good players in each team. QUOTE]

Bartek definitely not one of a good players, and he is pretty stupid man too. Goodbye sucker! :lol

psycho_dad
11-10-2004, 07:12 AM
He told that it is hard for him to adjust to lifestyle and style of play. He said that the league has a poor quality(worse than AHL)

Interesting. Well, he sucked in AHL too so why is he looking for a better level? Seems that he could not get the job done here either. It really sucks though, I have a strong feeling he could have been a good goal scorer. He has a world class shot, but a horrible childish attitude if that article is telling the truth. Loads of way better players are enjoying their time here in Finland, and playing much better hockey than Bartek.

Bartek's problem is his lack of defensive game. He also doesnt use his shot a whole lot. I guess he just cant cope with the defense here, so he has no scoring opportunities. He seemed to whine that his point production dropped after Pirnes got injured. Good players like Pasi Saarela kept on scoring and creating chances even without Pirnes. Bartek totally disappeared.

I guess he is a primadonna then...good riddance.

12# Peter Bondra
11-10-2004, 09:47 AM
The thing is, he has the talent to make the NHL (you read correctly) but he has 0 work ethic, 0 defensive coverage and if I may say, he aint very bright (look back at least years SVK playoffs). Dont forget he has 74 points in 49 games last season here whilst playing with a great playmaking center.

With his talent, he could be great but it seems he doesnt care.

psycho_dad
11-11-2004, 07:41 AM
The thing is, he has the talent to make the NHL (you read correctly) but he has 0 work ethic, 0 defensive coverage and if I may say, he aint very bright (look back at least years SVK playoffs). Dont forget he has 74 points in 49 games last season here whilst playing with a great playmaking center.

With his talent, he could be great but it seems he doesnt care.

Yeah he had good chances here because Lukko has 3 good centers who could have been feeding him. Esa Pirnes played in L.A Kings last season, Steve Larouche is a veteran with amazing stats from AHL and decent stats from NHL level. Markku Tähtinen, who is probably the closest thing to a playmaker in the team, is a guy who has been playing in Team Finland on euro hockey tour.

He just does not seem to have the proper work ethic.

Cono
11-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Bartek did 0+2 to Team Slovakia when they lose to Switzerlad (!) in Deutschland cup.
Hope that he make more points and impact to some German team that Lukko gets good money and don´t have to see that surfer no more in Sm-Liiga. :p:

12# Peter Bondra
11-11-2004, 02:42 PM
We lost but we didnt send our best squad. We sent our C or even D squad compared to the talent we have available now...

leafaholix*
11-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Roman Kukumberg had 1+1, can anyone confirm this?

Masterovic
11-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Roman Kukumberg had 1+1, can anyone confirm this?

Yes, he had 1+1

12# Peter Bondra
11-12-2004, 02:00 PM
And Bartek was 4+1.

12# Peter Bondra
11-12-2004, 02:01 PM
BTW, Slovakia beat Canada 5-3.

leafaholix*
11-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Roman Kukumberg (útočník SR): "Kanaďania sú známi svojim aktívnym hokejom po celej ploche. My sme si povedali, že nemôžeme zopakovať chyby z predchádzajúceho duelu. Myslím si, že sme zaslúžene vyhrali. Nechcem sa veľmi vyjadrovať k rozhodcovi, ale podľa môjho názoru nemá cit pre hokej. Odporučil by som mu, aby to zabalil. Sme spokojní aj s efektivitou pri využívaní presiloviek. Pomaly sa zohrávame a myslím si, že to môže byť ešte lepšie."

Can someone translate that?

psycho_dad
11-12-2004, 03:17 PM
And Bartek was 4+1.

Was he REALLY that good. I know that surfer has the shot to make it 4+1 but Canada must have sucked?

Any video clips?

Cono
11-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Yess!! If someone doesn´t interest now of Bartek it´s a miracle. Good job, now he can fix the price very high and maybe Lukko gets some money too. :handclap:

What kind of goals he make? Can anybody tell me? Videoclips?

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 08:12 AM
Yess!! If someone doesn´t interest now of Bartek it´s a miracle. Good job, now he can fix the price very high and maybe Lukko gets some money too. :handclap:

What kind of goals he make? Can anybody tell me? Videoclips?
All of his goals were 5-holes (between the legs). Corey Hirsch was the CAN starter. No videoclips.

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Was he REALLY that good. I know that surfer has the shot to make it 4+1 but Canada must have sucked?

Any video clips?
I dont think Canada sucked. Most of its players played at one period in the NHL (guys like Trepanier, Hirsch) but they are mostly Euro based guys.

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Roman Kukumberg (útočník SR): "Kanaďania sú známi svojim aktívnym hokejom po celej ploche. My sme si povedali, že nemôžeme zopakovať chyby z predchádzajúceho duelu. Myslím si, že sme zaslúžene vyhrali. Nechcem sa veľmi vyjadrovať k rozhodcovi, ale podľa môjho názoru nemá cit pre hokej. Odporučil by som mu, aby to zabalil. Sme spokojní aj s efektivitou pri využívaní presiloviek. Pomaly sa zohrávame a myslím si, že to môže byť ešte lepšie."

Can someone translate that?
Roman Kukumberg (útočník SR): The Canadians are well-known for their active style all over the rink. We said, that we cant do the mistakes we did in the 1st game. I think we deservedly won. I dont want to talk a lot about the referee but IMO he doesnt have the feeling for hockey. Id advise him to stop refereeing. Were also happy with our PP. We are slowly getting used to each other and I think it can be even better.

psycho_dad
11-13-2004, 11:25 AM
I hope he finds his motivation on these games and comes back to Rauma and starts playing to his potential and stops whining about the defensive game. If he cant make it in Finnish league, he cant make it in the NHL either. Finnish league is closest to NHL in style of play. This year the officiating has been a lot tougher though, which bugged Ryan Malone who felt he could not do anything without a penalty. Penalties have not been a problem for Bartek. His problem is laziness. He had brilliant linemates but he relied way too much on them and did not contribute as the others did. Pirnes is an NHL center, Pasi Saarela has won the scoring title a few times in finnish league and is one of the strongest players around.

Maybe theres still hope for Bartek in Lukko. If he would be seated next to Tähtinen so he could be the only sniper in his line. I really dont know....I wish he would continue, but if he continues to be a crybaby, i guess he is useless.

Shame really..his wrister is in the same class as Kovalchuks...a very rare talent. Too bad he has not used it much at all.

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 02:10 PM
SVK beat GER 6-2. Bartek was 1+1. So far in 3 games, Bartek has 5+4= 9 points.

leafaholix*
11-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Kukumberg had 1 goal?

What does "V rozlete ich trochu pribrzdilo vylúčenie Kukumberga na 5+DKZ za úder do hlavy" mean?

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 02:51 PM
It means that Kukumberg got 5+20 PIM's (or 5+10) for a hit to the head. A 5 minute major plus a game misconduct of course.

leafaholix*
11-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I see, so he's a badass.

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I see, so he's a badass.

Well, not really. From all of the reactions I hear around here in SVK, it shouldnt have even been a penalty and that it was a weird decision. Plus the referee was German :teach: .

matys
11-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Martin Bartek said to slovak newspapers he wil never play for Rauma in future. He will go to Finland to pack his things and will go away. He whined that Rauma promised him to build the team around him and coach is turning 4 lines in Rauma. He is so bigheaded. I never like him. He is so lazy and he can´t play for team.

matys
11-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Well, not really. From all of the reactions I hear around here in SVK, it shouldnt have even been a penalty and that it was a weird decision. Plus the referee was German :teach: .

Yes, the referee was German and Slovakia was shorthanded first 10 minutes of game. I never saw to play 10 whole minutes shorthanded.

Cono
11-13-2004, 04:32 PM
He whined that Rauma promised him to build the team around him.

What a primadonna! That´s not even true. :madfire:

psycho_dad
11-13-2004, 04:39 PM
What a primadonna! That´s not even true. :madfire:

Of course not. Lukko has lots of players who are more proven than Bartek. The General manager said "Martin is a risky investment" or something like that before...in no way the team was built around him. He is not a big star here, and with his attitude he will not be a big star anywhere.

leafaholix*
11-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Yeah, Roman's comments about the refs in yesterday's games makes it seem like there's something fishy going on.

I wonder, if there's a place to find pics of Kukumberg.

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Yeah, Roman's comments about the refs in yesterday's games makes it seem like there's something fishy going on.

I wonder, if there's a place to find pics of Kukumberg.
Kukumberg pic: http://www.hkdukla.sk/foto/kader_0304/kukumberg.jpg

12# Peter Bondra
11-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Some more: http://www.hkdukla.sk/foto/hviezdy/zhv_05.jpg (Roman is the guy in white)
http://www.hkdukla.sk/foto/hviezdy/zhv_06.jpg = Roman scoring a goal in the All-Star Game in 2003-04 season
http://www.hkdukla.sk/foto/hviezdy/zhv_09.jpg

Courtesy of hkdukla.sk

leafaholix*
11-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for that.

:d

matys
11-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Martin Bartek didint say that Rauma promised him to build the team around him. Its a lie.

It´s not a lie. Here is a link: http://www.sme.sk/clanok-1821912.html

Naozaj končíte vo fínskom klube Lukko Rauma?

"Absolútne, na betón. Prídem si tam iba zbaliť veci. Pred sezónou mi sľubovali, že hru Raumy postavia na mne, no realita bola iná. Tréner točil štyri päťky. Necítil som sa využitý."

Uznavam, ze nemusis citat vsetky noviny. Nevydavaj vsak nieco za lzi, mohol si sa najskor spytat, odkial je ta informacia. Urcite by som sem nepisal nejake svoje vymysly.

12# Peter Bondra
11-14-2004, 04:17 PM
It´s not a lie. Here is a link: http://www.sme.sk/clanok-1821912.html

Naozaj končíte vo fínskom klube Lukko Rauma?

"Absolútne, na betón. Prídem si tam iba zbaliť veci. Pred sezónou mi sľubovali, že hru Raumy postavia na mne, no realita bola iná. Tréner točil štyri päťky. Necítil som sa využitý."

Uznavam, ze nemusis citat vsetky noviny. Nevydavaj vsak nieco za lzi, mohol si sa najskor spytat, odkial je ta informacia. Urcite by som sem nepisal nejake svoje vymysly.
Tak sa ospravedlnujem tebe za moj vyrok a zmazal som ho (ten moj). Ja som cital clanok na hokej.sk a nevedel som ho najst a nemyslel som si ze ma AZ take ego. Ved ktory normalny hrac by prisiel do klubu a myslel si ze okolo neho postavia team (okrem hracov ako Lindros atd)?

matys
11-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Tak sa ospravedlnujem tebe za moj vyrok a zmazal som ho (ten moj). Ja som cital clanok na hokej.sk a nevedel som ho najst a nemyslel som si ze ma AZ take ego. Ved ktory normalny hrac by prisiel do klubu a myslel si ze okolo neho postavia team (okrem hracov ako Lindros atd)?

To je OK. Ja sa vsak jeho spravaniu necudujem. Po minulorocnom play-off ligy som si spravil o nom dostatocny usudok. Chlapec to nema v hlave uplne v poriadku. To uz je jeho vec, ako sa s tym vysporiada.

Cono
11-15-2004, 07:15 AM
Could anyone translate this article for me?

http://hokej.point.sk/spravy/?clanok=32303

12# Peter Bondra
11-15-2004, 03:40 PM
To je OK. Ja sa vsak jeho spravaniu necudujem. Po minulorocnom play-off ligy som si spravil o nom dostatocny usudok. Chlapec to nema v hlave uplne v poriadku. To uz je jeho vec, ako sa s tym vysporiada.

Skoda toho ze nema to v hlave poriadku. Ma TOLKO talentu len keby ho vedel vyuzit...mozno ho niekedy nakoniec vyuzije ale uvidime ako to dopadne.

12# Peter Bondra
11-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Could anyone translate this article for me?

http://hokej.point.sk/spravy/?clanok=32303
The most productive player of the Deutschland Cup was 24 year old Martin Bartek. In 4 games, he was 5+4. He showed his skills mainly against Canada, where he scored 4 goals. He had 0 points against the US.

"With Americans we were tired and we lacked luck. Its hard to play against a team like the US when your on the PK. The 4 used PP's of the Americans decided the game".

The Slovaks mainly depended on the attack Bartek-Kukumberg-Bartecko. The 3 other lines had problems in scoring.

"My scoring ability was helped by my teammates. We played as a team. Our line attacked well, the other 3 defended well", said Bartek, who before the Cup said, that he wants to leave Lukko Rauma.

During the Deutschland Cup he didnt communicate with his agent and he concentrated on the national team.

"In the national team I started scoring again. I have offers from Germany and Slovakia. I wont play in the Czech Republic".

12# Peter Bondra
11-15-2004, 03:51 PM
A este matys, to by bolo ak by skoncil v Slovane. Hrac, ktory minulu sezonu nevedel prist na meno Slovanu by teraz hral za nich. On ma talent, len keby ho vedel vyuzit. Mat 74 bodov v 49 zapasoch je pekny kusok. Nie je to nahodou rekord ligy v bodoch za sezonu?

Cono
11-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Bartek probably play tomorrow in Finland when Lukko plays against Assat in Pori.
I don´t know what to expect about that, he has make everyone here mad because of childish comments.

Thanks for the translation Bondra. :handclap:

Raipe
11-16-2004, 12:13 AM
He told that it is hard for him to adjust to lifestyle and style of play. He said that the league has a poor quality(worse than AHL) Sm-liiga is full of AHL star players who cant put decent numbers in sm-liiga.

Raipe
11-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Rauma is a small town so he spend all days in front of computer checking internet.
What he execpted,Fashion shows?Gay-bars?Fruit

Raipe
11-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Martin Bartek said to slovak newspapers he wil never play for Rauma in future. He will go to Finland to pack his things and will go away. He whined that Rauma promised him to build the team around him and coach is turning 4 lines in Rauma. :lol There is atleast five better players in lukko.

Raipe
11-16-2004, 12:23 AM
1997-98 Rouyn-Noranda Huskies QMJHL 28 9 19 28 12 -- -- -- -- --
1997-98 Rimouski Oceanic QMJHL 13 3 4 7 6 -- -- -- -- --
1997-98 Sherbrooke Faucons QMJHL 25 11 12 23 38 -- -- -- -- --
1999-00 Moncton Wildcats QMJHL 69 32 44 76 36 16 10 13 23 24
2000-01 New-Orleans Brass ECHL 51 30 33 63 16 8 5 4 9 4
2000-01 Milwaukee Admirals IHL 14 1 0 1 2 -- -- -- -- --
2001-02 Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL 2 2 2 4 0 -- -- -- -- --
2001-02 Milwaukee Admirals AHL 62 14 8 22 25 -- -- -- -- -- :lol: :D
2002-03 Zlin ZPS HC Czech 10 1 1 2 6 -- -- -- -- --
2002-03 Pensacola Ice Pilots ECHL 19 11 10 21 26 -- -- -- -- --
2002-03 Richmond Renegades ECHL 5 3 1 4 4 -- -- -- -- --
2002-03 Louisiana IceGators ECHL 8 4 7 11 6 6 1 3 4 4
2003-04 Zvolen HKm Slovak 49 38 36 74 36 16 8 16 24 28

By the way, only one full year in same team outside slovakia.

Raipe
11-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Bartek probably play tomorrow in Finland when Lukko plays against Assat in Pori.
I don´t know what to expect about that, he has make everyone here mad because of childish comments.

Thanks for the translation Bondra. :handclap:

:help:

psycho_dad
11-16-2004, 02:42 AM
I have no clue what the poor ******* expected. In here hockey players are kinda used to playing hockey or practising, and the little time they have left they spend with their family. Single guys sometimes go into a club or bar to drink. It's strange how a guy like Roloson, who has been playing in big citys enjoys the culture and landscape (or at least he is speaking very highly of it in NHLPA site) and a guy like Bartek has a problem here. Is it never dark in Slovakia during winter? What have I missed?

Before the season Bartek said Rauma is about the same size as his home town. One would have thought he is used to it. And Raipe is right, at least 5 players in lukko are better. Actually I'd say at least 7-8 players are better if you count defense and goalies too.

12# Peter Bondra
11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
I have no clue what the poor ******* expected. In here hockey players are kinda used to playing hockey or practising, and the little time they have left they spend with their family. Single guys sometimes go into a club or bar to drink. It's strange how a guy like Roloson, who has been playing in big citys enjoys the culture and landscape (or at least he is speaking very highly of it in NHLPA site) and a guy like Bartek has a problem here. Is it never dark in Slovakia during winter? What have I missed?

Before the season Bartek said Rauma is about the same size as his home town. One would have thought he is used to it. And Raipe is right, at least 5 players in lukko are better. Actually I'd say at least 7-8 players are better if you count defense and goalies too.
Its dark here now at 4 pm our time so its nothing new.

coyotechrisz
11-19-2004, 07:26 AM
Hi ..

maybe anyone can say me if Bartek plays today against Poprad?(I can't speak that language but i think he will or? ;) )

Here is the article

http://db.hcslovan.sk/Spravy/hcs_zobraz.cgi?id=1129

I like also the odds around 1,8 to go with Slovan today.. what do the Experts mean?

12# Peter Bondra
11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
He will play in Poprad.

I dont know what the odds mean.

Cono
11-21-2004, 08:47 AM
How has Bartek played in Slovakia? And how about darkness outside? can he live with it? :lol:

12# Peter Bondra
11-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Bartek has had 2 assists in 2 games.