S - Reed Bal
S - Harrison NE

PK - Rackers Arz
P - Hentrich Nsh
PR - Sams Bal
KR - McGee Buf

MontrealCruiser_83*
11-10-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm liking it. Props on the Ed Reed selection.

Dr Love
11-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm liking it. Props on the Ed Reed selection.:huh: You make it sound like he was a sleeper or tough choice.

I like PFW, but I don't understand why so many are quick to name Griffin to their mid-season All Pros. And I wouldn't put Springs on my list, although in both of those cases no one is popping right into my mind as a replacement.

EDIT: And I would put Alexander or Martin over Barber.

You're Retarded
11-10-2004, 04:31 PM
:huh: You make it sound like he was a sleeper or tough choice.

I like PFW, but I don't understand why so many are quick to name Griffin to their mid-season All Pros. And I wouldn't put Springs on my list, although in both of those cases no one is popping right into my mind as a replacement.

Griffin has probably been the MVP on the #1 defense in the NFL, and has 41 tackles and 4 sacks which is pretty good for a DT. Both Springs and Smoot have been great this season but I'm not really sure if I'd put them on this just yet. I don't really agree with Champ being here either I think he's making it on reputation alone.

FearTheFlyers
11-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Interesting that they still have Bailey after he was being looked down on a bit after getting abused by Chad Johnson.

Dr Love
11-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Griffin has probably been the MVP on the #1 defense in the NFL, and has 41 tackles and 4 sacks which is pretty good for a DT. Both Springs and Smoot have been great this season but I'm not really sure if I'd put them on this just yet. I don't really agree with Champ being here either I think he's making it on reputation alone.
You could make a case for Bailey, but Springs is the bigger "wha?" of the two. Best defense? I'd rather have Buffalo's. Washington may have the edge in stats, but I like Buffalo's better. I think I might rather have Richard Seymour over Griffin, and perhaps Madison over Springs.

Dr Love
11-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Interesting that they still have Bailey after he was being looked down on a bit after getting abused by Chad Johnson.
One game doesn't make or break a player though. Like I said, you could argue Bailey too, he gets a lot of credit on reputation, but that's the way it goes in sports, look at Bret Boone winning the Gold Glove this year despite being one of the worst fielders in the league.

ObeySteve
11-10-2004, 05:26 PM

So? Every player at every position has off days, and every player on that roster has had a sub-par day at some point this season.

Anyway, my only gripe is Marcus Stroud not being on there.

Evilo
11-10-2004, 05:37 PM
I don't like it.

John Flyers Fan
11-10-2004, 05:51 PM

Barber does lead the NFL it yards from scrimmage, and is the main reason the Giants are 5 & 3. God knows it isn't because of Kurt Warner.

Dr Love
11-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Barber does lead the NFL it yards from scrimmage, and is the main reason the Giants are 5 & 3. God knows it isn't because of Kurt Warner.
John, I wouldn't go talking negatively about Kurt Warner in the name of God. I hear they're good buddies.

Barber is clearly the Giants MVP, all I am saying is that I would rather have Martin, maybe Alexander, over him. Not a knock on Barber, but a praise of the other two.

ObeySteve
11-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Sorry, but Tiki's extreme consistency in every run (unlike guys like Chris Brown, who is only good at breaking one or two big runs each game) and his great ability to catch easily makes him one of the 3-5 best backs in the league, and better than both Martin and Alexander.

He would easily win the MVP award for the first half of the season if QBs were discarded.

monster_bertuzzi
11-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Sorry, but Tiki's extreme consistency in every run (unlike guys like Chris Brown, who is only good at breaking one or two big runs each game) and his great ability to catch easily makes him one of the 3-5 best backs in the league, and better than both Martin and Alexander.

Brown better than Alexander? :lol:

Dr Love
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM

He would easily win the MVP award for the first half of the season if QBs were discarded.
I didn't realize my opinion could be wrong. My bad. If you discard QBs, Owens could easily win the MVP award as well.

Dr Love
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Want to re-read that? He never said Brown was better than Alexander.

ObeySteve
11-10-2004, 06:38 PM

Um, if you read my post, you'd see I didn't say that. I was actually criticizing Brown. It seems like Chris Brown will get 2 yards a run for three quarters, then manage to break out one or two 30+ yard runs every game that inflate his numbers.

John Flyers Fan
11-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Um, if you read my post, you'd see I didn't say that. I was actually criticizing Brown. It seems like Chris Brown will get 2 yards a run for three quarters, then manage to break out one or two 30+ yard runs every game that inflate his numbers.

The same thing was true of Barry Sanders, yet too many think he's the best RB of all-time.

monster_bertuzzi
11-10-2004, 06:47 PM

Oops, I meant ''Barber better than Alexander? :lol:''

On what planet is Tiki better than Alexander?

ObeySteve
11-10-2004, 06:57 PM
JCD and my All-Pro team for the first half is actually very similar to PFW's, with a few minor differences:

OFFENSE

Quarterback -- Peyton Manning, Indianapolis.
Running Backs -- Tiki Barber, NY Giants; Priest Holmes, Kansas City.
Tight End -- Antonio Gates, San Diego.
Wide Receivers -- Terrell Owens, Philadelphia; Javon Walker, Green Bay.
Tackles -- Orlando Pace, St Louis; Orlando Brown, Baltimore.
Guards -- Alan Faneca, Pittsburgh; Steve Hutchinson, Seattle.
Center -- Kevin Mawae, NY Jets.

DEFENSE

Ends -- Jevon Kearse, Philadelphia; John Abraham, NY Jets.
Tackles -- Marcus Stroud, Jacksonville; Shaun Rogers, Detroit.
Outside Linebackers -- Keith Bulluck, Tennessee; Tedy Bruschi, New England.
Inside Linebacker -- Ray Lewis, Baltimore.
Cornerbacks -- Chris McAlister, Baltimore; Champ Bailey, Denver.
Safeties -- Ed Reed, Baltimore; Brian Dawkins, Philadelphia.

Honestly, I don't think McAlister should be given less credit because he's being thrown at less this season. Does Barry Bonds get less credit for not getting that much hits because he gets walked a lot?

ObeySteve
11-10-2004, 07:07 PM
The same thing was true of Barry Sanders, yet too many think he's the best RB of all-time.

I don't really understand it. I'd much rather have a back that gets 4-5 yards on every single play, and pounds the defense in the process. Backs that are simply good at breaking out a few big runs also help in being a huge reason for multiple three-and-outs.

MontrealCruiser_83*
11-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Hopefully the consistency will come with age. He's still one of the better young backs in the league and is pretty much off to the races everytime he gets past the initial wave of defenders. Hopefully his ineffectiveness in short yardage downs are due to a massacred o-line. If he does become more consistent in "making something out of nothing" then he has the potential to become a top-5 RB in the league.

GB
11-11-2004, 02:42 AM
I think the most impressive thing about Barber is that he's the only consistent big threat on the Giants roster, so teams can concentrate on stopping him, but he still comes up big in every game.

X8oD
11-11-2004, 02:47 AM
JCD and my All-Pro team for the first half is actually very similar to PFW's, with a few minor differences:

I agree with Hutchinson over Woody. Woody hasnt really been spectacular here in Detroit. Hes solid, but Definitely not All-Pro Material. Our claim to fame is Shaun "Big Baby" Rogers who is etching himself as one of the best DTs in the game.

Also, i strongly think, if the Lions hold off the packers [Big If] And if Roy Williams continues to put up a highlight real catch a game and come back healthy with out missing a beat [big if] He may get somd consideration. Most of Javon's big games have come in either Garbage Time, or against awful DB's.

anguscertified
11-11-2004, 02:48 AM
I think the most impressive thing about Barber is that he's the only consistent big threat on the Giants roster, so teams can concentrate on stopping him, but he still comes up big in every game.
also the fact that people sorta forgot about him, like he was washed up.

GKJ
11-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Props to Tiki Barber. He is having a great year, he changed his ball carrying tendencies and hence he has been curied of his fumblieitis.