NFL Week 10 thread

The Guy on the Couch*
11-14-2004, 01:02 AM
I started Big Ben instead of Culpepper this week. Do me proud Ben!

Do I got balls?

Yes I do. :dunce:

Gibsons Finest
11-14-2004, 01:05 AM
Not a good move IMO.

Big Ben should have a good week, but Culpepper is going against Green Bay's secondary. Remember Indianapolis vs. Green Bay? Should be just like it.

OTOH, Moss is out again IIRC, so maybe you made a smart move. You better hope the Steelies don't blow it on the road, though.

The Guy on the Couch*
11-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah, Culpepper hasn't been doing as good as he was since Moss went down, plus I have a feeling Ben's going to have a big game.

But since Richie Anderson is my starting RB, none of this will probably even matter. :lol

Tuggy
11-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Cleveland beats Pittsburgh this weekend.

Evilo
11-14-2004, 02:12 AM
Would have said so before the Warren quote.
Now I expect the Steelers to avoid a letdown and destroy the Browns.

Stupid Warren deserves a very harsh punishment.

JCD
11-14-2004, 06:49 AM
Yeah, Culpepper hasn't been doing as good as he was since Moss went down, plus I have a feeling Ben's going to have a big game.

But since Richie Anderson is my starting RB, none of this will probably even matter. :lol

Other than his meltdown against the Giants, Culpepper has been doing fine without Moss. There has been no drop off in his play.

However, the OFFENSE misses Moss badly. Without him, they big plays have become far fewer. Scoring and yardage is way down. Consequently, Culpepper's FF production has suffered as well.

Taking Culpepper out is a ballsy move because he is Culpepper and he has a favorable match-up, but Rothlisberger has been more productive as of late.

ObeySteve
11-14-2004, 08:58 AM
So which games are you guys getting today? I've got:

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta, 1:00 PM
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland, 1:00 PM
Minnesota @ Green Bay, 4:15 PM

I actually enjoy not having the Eagles play on Sunday afternoon, since I get to focus my time on being an objective NFL fan.

ebbhead
11-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Expressvu is showing:
Sea@Stl 1:00
Balt@NYJ 1:00
TB@Atl 1:00
Cin@Wash 4:00
Min@GB 4:00
Disappointing week they usually have 4 games at least at 1:00. Since Bills & Pats are tonight that takes 2 games away

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Man oh man it got interesting in Cleveland.

Joey Porter apparently spit in William Green's face, Green shoved back, Porter swung, and then a fist fight broke out.

Bish please
11-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Hopefully Pittsburgh backs up Mike Shanahan's claims and chopblocks the hell out of the Browns.

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Thing is, before that, Warren and Roethlisberger were talking to each other, hugged, and seemed perfectly fine with each other.

The Guy on the Couch*
11-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Porter bloodied up Green's mouth.

MacDaddy TLC*
11-14-2004, 11:42 AM
A pass caught on the wrong side of the field during warm up ignites the teams. Might be a good game to watch.

The Guy on the Couch*
11-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Green and Porter have been ejected.

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Porter is a big part of the defense, but I'll take the tradeoff. The Browns running attack just got weakened. I don't think Suggs will be able to do much by himself.

This should be an interesting game.

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Browns return the opening kickoff to about the Steelers' 15, and the Steelers promptly hold them to three downs and a field goal.

3-0.

Bish please
11-14-2004, 12:07 PM
All I get to watch is a Michael Vick ***-fest. :(

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Lucky break for the Browns on Roethlisberger's first pass. Ward and Hutchinson's feet got tangled up, Ward fell down, and they got the pick.

This is ugly early, and I just found out Holmes is out today too (Fantasy implications).

:shakehead

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Lucky break for the Browns on Roethlisberger's first pass. Ward and Hutchinson's feet got tangled up, Ward fell down, and they got the pick.

This is ugly early, and I just found out Holmes is out today too (Fantasy implications).

The INT was perfectly legit. Hate to break it to you, but Vermiel said Holmes was out on Tuesday.

JLand
11-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Who's in Kyle Boller's body? Impressive drive there, even though the Ravens end up giving the ball to the Jets on a failed 4th down attempt from the 1.

lux_interior
11-14-2004, 12:18 PM
I just found out Holmes is out today too (Fantasy implications).

Fantasy implications aside, I'm sure the Saints will find a way to choke the game over to the Chiefs. :rolleyes:

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 12:19 PM
The INT was perfectly legit. Hate to break it to you, but Vermiel said Holmes was out on Tuesday.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said their feet got tangled.

It's been a long week, I haven't been able to check the fantasy news until just now.

The Browns really are sucking early. They got stopped again by the Steelers, this time got one first down. It could be 10-0 or 14-0, and at the very least should be 7-0, but it's still 3-0 early.

Leaving to focus more on the game.

ObeySteve
11-14-2004, 12:35 PM

Uh, he was listed as doubtful most of the entire week coming into today.

I put Donny Blaylock in on one of my fantasy teams, so I'm hoping that pays dividends.

John Flyers Fan
11-14-2004, 01:10 PM
For anyone hoping for a hard salary cap in the NHL, reason #1 of why that's a bad idea is the current NFL.

How many good teams are there, and by good teams, I don't mean in comparison to the rest of the dreck that is the NFL ????

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 01:18 PM
The Browns finally make some progress, and Polamalu picks one off at the 3 yard line. :yo:

14-3 with 1:45 to go in the half.

TVanek26*
11-14-2004, 01:29 PM
No doubt in my mind,Peyton Manning is easily the best QB in the league...now only if the Colts defense can play every week like they are playing now......

Hockeyfan02
11-14-2004, 01:33 PM
For anyone hoping for a hard salary cap in the NHL, reason #1 of why that's a bad idea is the current NFL.

How many good teams are there, and by good teams, I don't mean in comparison to the rest of the dreck that is the NFL ????

I have to agree. There are few teams in the league who have balance. You have a team like the Colts with one of the best offenses in the history of the league and then easily one of the leagues worst defenses. Same with the Chiefs. Then you have a team like the Ravens with a dominant defense and then a pop gun offense. Was the same with the Bucs down here for years. Teams have a hard time spreading out their cap space on both sides of the ball.

The Guy on the Couch*
11-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Then you have the Steelers, good offense and good defense. :gman:

lux_interior
11-14-2004, 01:45 PM

Two...the Pats and the Steelers.

ObeySteve
11-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Two...the Pats and the Steelers.

You have 3 teams in the NFL you can honestly say are GOOD teams out of 32, and that's about it.

I agree completely with JFF.

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Obey Steve, Blaylock has like 150 yards rushing in only the first half.

I might be able to pull a win off without Holmes this week. My team is really hindered because I'd been counting on guys like Droughns, McCardell, and Brees who all have byes. I had to go to the waiver wire and picked up Morton and Gaffney, both of whom have been doing good in recent weeks. Gaffney has nothing so far, but Morton is doing ok.

St Louis is really helping me, because my opponent has Hasselback and Alexander.

As long as McNabb has a good game against Dallas, I should be ok. The team I am playing this week is pretty average.

JLand
11-14-2004, 01:57 PM
That's 29 TD passes for Peyton this season. Unbelievable.

lux_interior
11-14-2004, 01:57 PM
You have 3 teams in the NFL you can honestly say are GOOD teams out of 32, and that's about it.

I agree completely with JFF.
The Eagles are at least a step below the Pats and Steelers. They're still the 3rd best team in the league IMO, and hardly mediocre like some people have said. But it would take a lot for them to beat the Pats or Steelers.

Hockeyfan02
11-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Peyton Manning :bow: :bow:

JLand
11-14-2004, 02:02 PM

make that 30...

John Flyers Fan
11-14-2004, 02:06 PM
The Eagles are at least a step below the Pats and Steelers. They're still the 3rd best team in the league IMO, and hardly mediocre like some people have said. But it would take a lot for them to beat the Pats or Steelers.

I agree that the Eagles are the 3rd best team in football, but if you stuck them in the middle of the NFC East in the late 80's/early 90's with the

Parcells/LT Giants
Joe Gibbs/ Skins
Reggie White/Eagles

then later the Aikman/Johnson Cowboys

the eagles would have huge problems even making the playoffs

Unholy Diver
11-14-2004, 02:11 PM
the NFL is still a helluva lot better off than the NHL is without the cap....there were only 11 teams in the NHL last year that won at least half of their games out of the 30...if that isnt mediocrity I dont know what is

lux_interior
11-14-2004, 02:11 PM
I agree that the Eagles are the 3rd best team in football, but if you stuck them in the middle of the NFC East in the late 80's/early 90's with the

Parcells/LT Giants
Joe Gibbs/ Skins
Reggie White/Eagles

then later the Aikman/Johnson Cowboys

the eagles would have huge problems even making the playoffs
Most teams would have trouble making the playoffs in that division back then. The Eagles defense was brutal, and the Giants and Skins were perennial Super Bowl contenders.

To be honest by the time Aikman/Irvin/Smith were doing their thing with the Cowboys; the Redskins, Giants and Eagles were in decline...so it's not really the same.

But I think we agree that the Eagles are the 3rd best team...but not quite as good as the Pats and Steelers.

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Orlando Pace just ejected for bumping an offical in a terrible, terrible call.

EDIT: Nevermind, on the third replay he clearly grabbed the offical.

Edler Von Gud
11-14-2004, 02:18 PM
****, this is frustrating, 4 field goals for the Seahawks. Hasselback is 11-27, screw throwing the ball, just keep giving it to Alexander, he's averaging over 6 yards a carry for crying out loud.

JLand
11-14-2004, 02:18 PM
IMO this year's Pats team is overrated despite their record. They are mediocre on defense and have escaped a few times, notably against the Bills and the Jets.

But then again, you should never apologize for winning and they always seem to find different ways to win so gotta give them credit for that.

The Steelers are the best team in the league right now in my opinion.

ObeySteve
11-14-2004, 02:26 PM

As amazing as it is, all QB numbers this year are decieving when people compare them to the past. Recievers are getting so much of an upper hand against corners with the 5 yard rule being enforced.

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 02:28 PM
This one will be talked about...

Martz is out of challenges (lost his first one on a bad call), and the Robinson caught pass that he dropped that was originally ruled a reception. The officals get together, and say no, it was incomplete, just after they replayed it on the jumbotron. Had Martz had a challenge left, he certainly would have thrown the flag out there immediately, and it would have been overturned. So the refs practically gave Martz a free replay, even though it was the right call. And all of this happened literally right in front of Holmgren. Now if you'll excuse me they're showing cheerleaders.

Vic Rattlehead*
11-14-2004, 02:31 PM
GO JAGS!!!!! up 17-0 against Detroit in the 4th quarter. Houston getting whipped by Indianapolis and Tennessee is losing to the Bears. :yo:

Bish please
The Bucs have always lucked out with not getting Bill Maas announcing their games till today.

His lips are glued to Michael Vick's ass.

Also, he sounds like Bush during the first debate.

"The Falcons..........................are upset with that call.

JLand
As amazing as it is, all QB numbers this year are decieving when people compare them to the past. Recievers are getting so much of an upper hand against corners with the 5 yard rule being enforced.

That's a fair point and as a coach I hate that rule as much as the next guy, but I don't think it has really had THAT much of an impact. It was beyond ridiculous in the preseason when they called everything and anything, but the refs have given pretty much leeway here in the regular season IMO.

Edler Von Gud
11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
I bet if that play was in reverse they wouldn't have shown it on the jumobtron right after the play. :joker:

Vic Rattlehead*
11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Colt's don't even need a running game, so can we say that it's for sure that James won't be back next year in Indianapolis?

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 02:33 PM
I bet if that play was in reverse they wouldn't have shown it on the jumobtron right after the play. :joker:
That's one reason why it'll be talked about this week. But, in the end, it was the right call, so can't get too riled up about it.

Unholy Diver
11-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Send in the Clowns...err Browns...I was a bit nervous that the Steelers were gonna stumble this week but they keep proving me wrong, and I think its about time that Butch Davis starts updating his resume

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Well, Gaffney, Morton, and Johnson (my WRs) might not be causing much damage today, but I <3 Peyton Manning. Dallas Clark is my TE and he just caught am 80 yard TD. Over 100 yards recieving and two TDs for Clark so far. :banana:

John Flyers Fan
11-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Damn it !!!! :mad:

I went with Algee Crumpler over Dallas Clark this week. :banghead: :banghead:

Vic Rattlehead*
11-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Damn it !!!! :mad:

I went with Algee Crumpler over Dallas Clark this week. :banghead: :banghead:
Crumpler has a TD with over 100 yards rec.

EDIT---So far:
Crumpler- TD, 103 rec yards
Clark- RD, 102 rec yards.

John Flyers Fan
11-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Crumpler has a TD with over 100 yards rec.

EDIT---So far:
Crumpler- TD, 103 rec yrds
Clark- RD, 102 rec yrds.

I'll take it then .. I missed the Crumpler 49 yard TD. :handclap: :handclap:

DJ Spinoza
11-14-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't have much of a choice with my TEs... Heap was my TE to start the season with Bubba Franks. I had been using Franks until his bye week, and then dropped him because of roster space... I dropped him for Clark because I needed a TE that week, and so far it's worked out well for me.

ObeySteve
11-14-2004, 02:55 PM
That's a fair point and as a coach I hate that rule as much as the next guy, but I don't think it has really had THAT much of an impact. It was beyond ridiculous in the preseason when they called everything and anything, but the refs have given pretty much leeway here in the regular season IMO.

Even if the refs have given a bit more leeway than they did in the regular season, the numbers are drastically be

I actually did some numbers just to compare this season and last season for QBs 2 weeks ago, and here was what I found:

2004 NFL Passing Stats (through Week 7):

Completions: 3,958
Attempts: 6,509
Yards: 46,200
TD: 258
INT: 180

Comp: 60.81%
YPA: 7.098
TD: 3.96%
INT: 2.77%
QB Rating: 84.02

2003 NFL Passing Stats:

Completions: 9,695
Attempts: 16,493
Yards: 106,341
TD: 654
INT: 538

Comp: 58.78%
YPA: 6.448
TD: 3.97%
INT: 3.26%
QB Rating: 77.56

The TD percentages are the same, but the YPA numbers have jumped up so much, showing that recievers are more open than ever. It's clearly had an impact for Manning's numbers.

Unholy Diver
11-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Nice, Kordell Stewart is the punter for the ravens today

JLand
11-14-2004, 03:12 PM
The TD percentages are the same, but the YPA numbers have jumped up so much, showing that recievers are more open than ever. It's clearly had an impact for Manning's numbers.

Hmm, thanks for the numbers. That does seem to support your theory. While watching the games, I've been trying to see if secondarys are playing more tentatively than before, but haven't really noticed anything that would lead me to think that the rule was affecting the game. But I can't argue with the numbers.

Or maybe Peyton is truly so amazing that he screws up the numbers too ;)

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Hmm, thanks for the numbers. That does seem to support your theory. While watching the games, I've been trying to see if secondarys are playing more tentatively than before, but haven't really noticed anything that would lead me to think that the rule was affecting the game. But I can't argue with the numbers.

Or maybe Peyton is truly so amazing that he screws up the numbers too ;)
DBs are clearly playing off the recievers. It's terrible, they might as well not let them line up on the LOS. Guys that were mediocre and getting by through clutching and grabbing are getting exposed, but it makes for ugly football.

guinness
11-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Well the Chiefs lost again and the Lions are in the game only because of their defense and special teams.

Big McLargehuge
11-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Roethlisberger sets the rookie record with his 7th consecutive win to start his career, Bettis goes over 100 yards rushing, Troy Polamalu had 2 INTs, and the Steelers dominate the Browns on way to their 8th win this season.

:yo:

Bettis only needs 5 more yards to pass Tony Dorsett for 5th all time rushing. Granted it'll be short lived since Curtis Martin is right at his ass waiting to push him back to 6th again.

JLand
11-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Wow, the Giants actually manage to score once inside the 20, and Warner throws a TD....to Shockey of course! :handclap:

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Wow, the Giants actually manage to score once inside the 20, and Warner throws a TD....to Shockey of course! :handclap:
"to Shockey of course"? That would make sense if it were preceded by "a dropped TD" (ignore that it would have to say "by" not "to") but for a guy who just caught his 8th career TD in 3 seasons of starting, you're giving him too much credit.

lux_interior
11-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Good adjustment on the TD catch by Javon Walker of the Pack. But, he bailed out Favre on what could have easily been an INT.

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 03:39 PM
3 OT games so far. And Washington continutes to look terrible. Speaking of terrible, the Lions had 190 yards total. That's embarassing.

JLand
11-14-2004, 03:40 PM
"to Shockey of course"? That would make sense if it were preceded by "a dropped TD" (ignore that it would have to say "by" not "to") but for a guy who just caught his 8th career TD in 3 seasons of starting, you're giving him too much credit.

Ehh, shoulda made myself clear; I meant this season. 4/6 of Warner's touchdowns passes have been to Shockey this year. And yes, he's still dropping too many passes as well.

Vic Rattlehead*
11-14-2004, 03:41 PM
JAGS WIN IN OT!!!!!!

6-3!

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Ehh, shoulda made myself clear; I meant this season. 4/6 of Warner's touchdowns passes have been to Shockey this year. And yes, he's still dropping too many passes as well.
Ah, I didn't think about that. A fair point. I'm glad that all the BS hype that surrounded Shockey has finally wore off though.

Vic Rattlehead*
11-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Chicago wins in OT with a SAFETY! :joker: :joker:

John Flyers Fan
11-14-2004, 03:47 PM
How does Joe Gibbs not realize that Mark Brunell makes Kyle Boller look like Peyton Manning ???? :help:

Tuggy
11-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Chicago wins in OT with a SAFETY! :joker: :joker:

Bears are right in their division race, who would of thought that :amazed:

Cleveland was brutal today, so much for my upset special :joker:

Jets lose again, and with the Pats having the Bills at home tonight then a 2 game lead in the East ain't lookin too bad.

Vic Rattlehead*
11-14-2004, 03:50 PM
How does Joe Gibbs not realize that Mark Brunell makes Kyle Boller look like Peyton Manning ???? :help:
He is simply confused.

Hockeyfan02
11-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Can the Chiefs finish 7-0? :lol

Safir*
11-14-2004, 03:54 PM
The only bright moment for my beloved Panthers (so far), Peppers has a sack.

BTW SanFran leads 10-0.

Go Panthers!

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Something must be wrong, Mike Tice threw the red flag at the right time.

EDIT: Nevermind, he's not challenging it, which is now the right thing since it's now clear that the ruling on the field was correct.

Hockeyfan02
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
Go Panthers!

:mad:

Go 49ers! :yo:

JLand
11-14-2004, 04:03 PM
We just probably saw Ron Dayne's finest moment in the NFL: a 9-yard gain on a 2nd & 10 run :speechles

TD Tiki! :bow: 14-3 Giants. And seems like Warner still has something left after all.

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 04:05 PM
And seems like Warner still has something left after all.
Yeah, it seems like Warner has a game or two of massive hit after hit left in him. ;)

Warner hasn't been too bad. It's amazing what not having Mike Martz's protection schemes will do for your head.

JLand
11-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah, it seems like Warner has a game or two of massive hit after hit left in him. ;)

Warner hasn't been too bad. It's amazing what not having Mike Martz's protection schemes will do for your head.

Yeah, we'll see how he responds now that the pressure and the hits are coming again. This is when he usually starts to unravel.

Fire Sather
11-14-2004, 04:46 PM
<--------- Jet fan having a bad day.

Picks wise, I'm about to be 9-3, though.

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Chad Johnson is singlehandedly out gaining the entire Washington offense. This smilie is offically brought to you by Joe Gibbs: :help:

Fire Sather
11-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Chad Johnson is singlehandedly out gaining the entire Washington offense. This smilie is offically brought to you by Joe Gibbs: :help:

:lol: :lol:

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 05:04 PM
I wondered what the record for the fewest yards in a game was, so I looked it up. And laughed my ass off.

The Seahawks have the record with -7 yards in a game vs LA in 1979. It must have been a torrential downpour all game long.

Chaos
11-14-2004, 05:17 PM

Speaking of that..how about Sean Taylor getting run over by Rudi Johnson..gotta love when it happens to overrated bums like him ;) .

The Guy on the Couch*
11-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I started Big Ben instead of Culpepper this week. Do me proud Ben!

Do I got balls?

Yes I do. :dunce:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Regardless, GO VIKINGS

guinness
11-14-2004, 06:30 PM
From the 'Skins-Bengals recap: (man, Brunell was brutal).

Brunell left the game 1-for-8 for 6 yards and an interception for a quarterback rating of 0.0. He was 1-for-2 for 8 yards in the second half of last week's victory over Detroit, giving him 14 yards passing over his last 3 quarters. He entered the game with the worst completion percentage in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241114028

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Speaking of that..how about Sean Taylor getting run over by Rudi Johnson..gotta love when it happens to overrated bums like him ;) .
Taylor took a bad angle, if I'm recalling the correct play. He bit too soon on a pass to Johnson too. Rookie mistakes.

Minnesota ties it at 31, but there's still 1:20 on the clock... GB could still bag this.

The Guy on the Couch*
11-14-2004, 06:40 PM
This tennis crap on ESPN needs to be over with.

Vic Rattlehead*
11-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Taylor took a bad angle, if I'm recalling the correct play. He bit too soon on a pass to Johnson too. Rookie mistakes.

Minnesota ties it at 31, but there's still 1:20 on the clock... GB could still bag this.
Green Bay does with a FG. 34-31 win for Green Bay.
NFC North
Green Bay: 5-4
Minnesota: 5-4
Detroit: 4-5
Chicago: 4-5

Hockeyfan02
11-14-2004, 06:43 PM

Like when Chris Brown made Roy Williams look silly in preseason. ;)

Chaos
11-14-2004, 07:10 PM

No he saw Johnson running right at him, and kind of weakly leaned over...and then got plowed.

Chaos
11-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Like when Chris Brown made Roy Williams look silly in preseason. ;)

That wasnt a great play by Roy, but 1. It was preseason and 2. He had a terrible angle on Brown..still not getting run over though. Have yet to see that happen ;)

Dr Love
11-14-2004, 07:13 PM
No he saw Johnson running right at him, and kind of weakly leaned over...and then got plowed.
I wasn't thinking of the same play then. I think I'm thinking of a long reception by Johnson, Taylor had a bad angle and tried for the INT, and got burned.

Takeo
11-14-2004, 07:15 PM
I started Big Ben instead of Culpepper this week.

Ouch.

Herby
11-14-2004, 08:03 PM
The Vikings are starting the collapse a little bit earlier this year, hard to imagine if anyone had told you a month ago that GB and Minnesota would be tied for 1st you would believe them.

The AFC West is now officially a 2 horse race, as KC has pulled out with yet another loss to a bad team. San Diego and Denver both play on the road next week against pretty bad teams (SD @ Oakland & Den @ NO)

JCD
11-14-2004, 08:08 PM
The Vikings are starting the collapse a little bit earlier this year, hard to imagine if anyone had told you a month ago that GB and Minnesota would be tied for 1st you would believe them.

The AFC West is now officially a 2 horse race, as KC has pulled out with yet another loss to a bad team. San Diego and Denver both play on the road next week against pretty bad teams (SD @ Oakland & Den @ NO)

Vikes will be getting Moss back in the near future, he changes their offense tremendously. Colts and Packers would have been tough match-ups even with Moss, that both were decided as the clock expired by a FG is surprising. The Giants loss was a blow though.

Hockeyfan02
11-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Bledsoe get injured or pulled because hes throwing INTs left and right? I havent really been paying attention to the game after it became 20-0 and saw Losman in the box score.

BigStar
11-14-2004, 11:39 PM

:lol: :lol :joker: :shakehead LOL

clefty
11-15-2004, 02:09 AM
Aw shoot, Tampa Bay goes down. Michael Vick just took over from the start.

iAvs
11-15-2004, 02:34 AM
thanks NO for beating KC.

Did those Pats win again? sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

TVanek26*
11-15-2004, 06:15 AM
That was a ugly game...brutal coaching and playing by the whole team.

Safir*
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
:mad:

Go 49ers! :yo:

Uggghh...ahhh.... You know what's coming don't you? :lol

37-27 thanks for coming out. The Niners were what the Panthers needed the most. Thanks for that, too.

"The Men" & Moose finally showed, what the team is like. Peppers with 2 INT. Witherspoon with a friggin awesome game. Yada Yada.

Let's build from this one.

GO Panthers!!! :handclap:

ShootOut
11-15-2004, 11:09 AM

Like the TANKS!?!?! Aaaargh OMG lol!!!1

Hockeyfan02
11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Uggghh...ahhh.... You know what's coming don't you? :lol

37-27 thanks for coming out. The Niners were what the Panthers needed the most. Thanks for that, too.

"The Men" & Moose finally showed, what the team is like. Peppers with 2 INT. Witherspoon with a friggin awesome game. Yada Yada.

Let's build from this one.

The Panthers were what the 49ers needed until Rattay decided to start throwing across his body. Panthers played better in the 2nd half and exploited the 49ers 3rd and 4th corners who are very inexperienced. 49ers just give me hope every week that they might be able to win then they screw up and crush my hope even further. I guess a positive out of this is a better shot at the #1 overall, but I'd rather win games. Congrats on the win and I hope the Panthers can salvage their season because I like a lot of the guys on their team like Peppers and Rucker and am just shocked at how their season has gone this year.

Hockeyfan02
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
OH. MY. GOD. What a frickin play by Mcnabb. About to get sacked he scrambles right, doesnt see anything, runs across to the left side, runs forward then throws it 55 yards IN THE AIR on the money to Mitchell. UNBELIEVEABLE PLAY.

ObeySteve
11-15-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure whether to believe the Cowboys secondary is the worst of the modern era, or that the Eagles recieving corp is just that ****ing good.

iAvs
11-15-2004, 09:45 PM
what's up with Dallas and kickoff returns?? they've dropped 3 already! yeesh.

Chaos
11-15-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure whether to believe the Cowboys secondary is the worst of the modern era, or that the Eagles recieving corp is just that ****ing good.

Thats what happens when you lose a Hall of Fame safety and are relying on 7th round picks and practice squad players to play corner..doesnt help that Newman is struggling as well :banghead: ...we are gonna have to grab a corner in the draft.

Chaos
11-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Gotta love the "NFL's Hardest Hitter" getting thrown to the ground by over the hill Eddie George ;)