Shampo may be through - Magnussen to Leksand

rangers
11-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Sad news today as our biggest newspapers are speculating if we`ve seen the last of Shampo on the ice. He is struggeling heavily with headaches and doesn`t seem to get better. Espen told the press that he`s feeling awful and according to himself "he can`t skate without having major problems". Today he is scheduled to have a brain scan back in Sweden. Hopefully they`ll sort it out.

rangers
11-15-2004, 06:47 AM
In other news, Trond Magnussen signed with Swedish club Leksand on Saturday. Magnussen bolted Dusseldorf for another shot in Sweden. This is what the Leksand coach had to say about Trond: "- Trond är en väldigt bra forward, som kommer att passa bra in i vårt lag, bland annat har han bra driv i skridskoåkningen. Han har varit kapten i sitt lag i Tyskland och är alltså en ledartyp som därmed blir ett bra tillskott i omklädningsrummet såväl som på isen. Han har även tillbringat mycket tid i Leksand om somrarna."

Jovavic
11-16-2004, 07:49 PM
If this is true about Espen, it's very sad. He was a great player here in Columbus and I enjoyed watching him play for three seasons. He never was the same after the incident, sadly. How long has he had these headaches? Might explain why the Jackets let him go last season.

I'll never forget his five assist game against Calgary, truely a good player when he was on his game.

rangers
11-17-2004, 02:40 AM
If this is true about Espen, it's very sad. He was a great player here in Columbus and I enjoyed watching him play for three seasons. He never was the same after the incident, sadly. How long has he had these headaches? Might explain why the Jackets let him go last season.

I'll never forget his five assist game against Calgary, truely a good player when he was on his game.
In fact he mentioned an incident from the NHL as a possible reason for his pains. Apparently he was tackled head first into the boards and had much trouble with his head and neck afterwards. Espen was then shipped to Sweden and got injured right away. Being the best paid player in Djurgården and not being able to play because of an injury wasn`t easy on him. The injury he picked up in Sweden wasn`t head-related btw, but now it looks like his headaches have reoccurred..

rangers
11-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Espen will try to make a comeback this coming week, but he`s still far from 100%. The biggest problem for him seems to be his status in Djurgården. Best paid player, his magnificent hiistory with the club and so on. A player that many people expects so much from can`t go around injured. Hopefully Shampo wont rush it because of "fan pressure"...

Jazz
11-26-2004, 07:24 PM
....He never was the same after the incident, sadly.....

True, it appeared that he didn't recover emotionally after the incident - I'm curious about him so if you (rangers) could keep us updated I'd appreciate it.

rangers
12-02-2004, 05:24 AM
True, it appeared that he didn't recover emotionally after the incident - I'm curious about him so if you (rangers) could keep us updated I'd appreciate it.
No problem! Haven`t heard anything regarding Shampo lately, but I`ll keep you posted whenever there`s a change in his condition.

rangers
12-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Djurgården - Frolunda 5-3. Shampo back on the ice for DIF tonight as they beat the top team in Sweden. Apparantly he got injured again during the game, but I don`t know how serious it is... :cry:

SwisshockeyAcademy
12-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Always a fan of Knutsen, i hope he is OK.

The Imp
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Swedish media reporting that he suffered another concussion ½way through the 2nd. I think the fat lady has sung on Knutsen's hockey career.

Jovavic
12-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Ugh, such a sad way for his career to end (if it does). Such a great selfless player, and surprisingly phyiscal for a Euro. He threw some pretty good hits along with making some great passes while in the NHL.

C-J...*
12-15-2004, 12:50 PM
He skated right into the boards...head first, looked kinda fun but Im betting it wasnt. Cant say hes a personal favourite, but its always sad when these things happen.

Kronblom
12-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Here is a video-link of Espen Knutsen heading into the boards. (http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/department/616/jsp/content.jsp?&ramfile=041206-espenknutsen.ram&wmfile=041206-espenknutsen.asx&filepath=/content/1/c6/29/75/48/&frames=true&art=297548&contentdep=24808&d=10&looksdep=19791&isbroad=false&isclipinfo=false)