Can somebody translate an article on Ahosilta?

Belizarius
11-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I found an article on a Devils prospect, Marko Ahosilta, from KaIPA.
http://www.jatkoaika.com/mestis.php?sivu=kolumnit&id=2642

It's a very long article! and i never found something on this guy. But i don't speak or read finnish!! :banghead:
Is there somebody here who could translate it? in english or french ...
It would be very, very, very, very nice! :)

thanks a lot :) :handclap:

Korhonen
11-20-2004, 04:45 PM
The interview goes thru his whole career.

Ahosilta started to play hockey when he was six years old and got his first big win when KalPa's C-juniors won gold in 1996 (ex-Canucks Mikko Jokela and Jukka Voutilainen who is one of the leading scorers of FEL played on the same team).

In the season 97-98 he represented Team Finland in the U18 EJC and was chosen to the All Stars of the tournament. In the U18 national team he played on the same line with Blackhawks prospect Jari Viuhkola who his currently one of the best centers in the FEL.

In the following summer he was drafted to the NHL by New Jersey Devils (8th round, 227 overall). He was also invited to the training camp, but refused. Ahosilta comments on the drafting: "Being drafted was a big honor. I was perhaps a little too young to appreciate it enough. I didn't know what it meant. I just sort of waited things to happen when I should had worked harder. Currently the situation with the Devils is that their agents call sometimes. They might send caps, jerseys and a Christmas card, but that's it. I have to admit that currently my goals are quite humble. It would be a big thing if I got even close to the top in Finland. I don't think I'm ready to go to the AHL anymore, but I might change my mind."

The next two years he scored good points in the Finnish junior leagues and got a chance to play in the SM-liiga with KalPa.

In the spring of 1999 Ahosilta's team KalPa made a bankrupt and were relegated to the third highest level. The coach of Finland's U20 team Hannu Kapanen told Ahosilta that the level of the junior A league isn't hard enough so he joined tier II team Haukat. He played 30 games and scored almost as many points and was chosen to the U20 team.

The following year Ahosilta and Jukka Voutilainen and Samuli Suhonen, his teammates from KalPa, joined Finnish top team Jokerit. Before the season started Ahosilta got sick and could start training so late, that he decided to skip the whole season. He even considered to quit his career. Ahosilta's comments: "Maybe getting sick wasn't all bad. Nowadays I am more humble and perhaps I did some mental growing during that winter."

After the skipped season he returned to his hometown Kuopio and KalPa which now played in the tier II league Mestis. The season went well; KalPa finished third and Ahosilta scored 37 points. He was very pleased and surprised that he was able to play that well after what had happened the year before.

He received some offers from the SM-liiga teams but decided to stay in Kuopio. Ahosilta scored his point record (23+22), but KalPa was knocked out in the Quarter Finals.

And again before the new season he got offers from the SM-liiga teams, but again he refused. He rather plays in a big role in Mestis than be a 4th liner in the SM-liiga, because he wants to develope his physics and that happens by playing, not sitting on the bench.

Last season Ahosilta played a bad early season due to a hard training in the summer, but was great in the spring. He scored 33 points and KalPa won Mestis.

Ahosilta decided to stay this season in Kuopio because KalPa is trying to get back to SM-liiga. He hopes to represent KalPa in the SM-liiga next year. KalPa and Ahosilta have started the season great: KalPa is on the top of the table by 19 wins and only 1 loss and Ahosilta is fourth in points by 7 goals and 18 assists.

Belizarius
11-21-2004, 10:30 AM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I can't believe you did that... i can't be enough thanksful!!! :)
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:
amazing, don't have enough words in my little english... :)

The interview goes thru his whole career.

Ahosilta started to play hockey when he was six years old and got his first big win when KalPa's C-juniors won gold in 1996 (ex-Canucks Mikko Jokela and Jukka Voutilainen who is one of the leading scorers of FEL played on the same team).

In the season 97-98 he represented Team Finland in the U18 EJC and was chosen to the All Stars of the tournament. In the U18 national team he played on the same line with Blackhawks prospect Jari Viuhkola who his currently one of the best centers in the FEL.

In the following summer he was drafted to the NHL by New Jersey Devils (8th round, 227 overall). He was also invited to the training camp, but refused. Ahosilta comments on the drafting: "Being drafted was a big honor. I was perhaps a little too young to appreciate it enough. I didn't know what it meant. I just sort of waited things to happen when I should had worked harder. Currently the situation with the Devils is that their agents call sometimes. They might send caps, jerseys and a Christmas card, but that's it. I have to admit that currently my goals are quite humble. It would be a big thing if I got even close to the top in Finland. I don't think I'm ready to go to the AHL anymore, but I might change my mind."

The next two years he scored good points in the Finnish junior leagues and got a chance to play in the SM-liiga with KalPa.

In the spring of 1999 Ahosilta's team KalPa made a bankrupt and were relegated to the third highest level. The coach of Finland's U20 team Hannu Kapanen told Ahosilta that the level of the junior A league isn't hard enough so he joined tier II team Haukat. He played 30 games and scored almost as many points and was chosen to the U20 team.

The following year Ahosilta and Jukka Voutilainen and Samuli Suhonen, his teammates from KalPa, joined Finnish top team Jokerit. Before the season started Ahosilta got sick and could start training so late, that he decided to skip the whole season. He even considered to quit his career. Ahosilta's comments: "Maybe getting sick wasn't all bad. Nowadays I am more humble and perhaps I did some mental growing during that winter."

After the skipped season he returned to his hometown Kuopio and KalPa which now played in the tier II league Mestis. The season went well; KalPa finished third and Ahosilta scored 37 points. He was very pleased and surprised that he was able to play that well after what had happened the year before.

He received some offers from the SM-liiga teams but decided to stay in Kuopio. Ahosilta scored his point record (23+22), but KalPa was knocked out in the Quarter Finals.

And again before the new season he got offers from the SM-liiga teams, but again he refused. He rather plays in a big role in Mestis than be a 4th liner in the SM-liiga, because he wants to develope his physics and that happens by playing, not sitting on the bench.

Last season Ahosilta played a bad early season due to a hard training in the summer, but was great in the spring. He scored 33 points and KalPa won Mestis.

Ahosilta decided to stay this season in Kuopio because KalPa is trying to get back to SM-liiga. He hopes to represent KalPa in the SM-liiga next year. KalPa and Ahosilta have started the season great: KalPa is on the top of the table by 19 wins and only 1 loss and Ahosilta is fourth in points by 7 goals and 18 assists.

Korhonen
11-21-2004, 12:33 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

I can't believe you did that... i can't be enough thanksful!!! :)
:handclap: :handclap:
amazing, don't have enough words in my little english... :)

I have too much spare time... ;)