Lumsden's NFL chances

canuck293
11-20-2004, 09:09 PM
I was wondering what people here think of Jesse Lumsden and his chances of making it to the NFL? If he does get accepeted to go to the scotung combine, I think he'll have a good shot of being drafted, otherwise, there is no doubt he'll get at least one invite to a training camp in the NFL

Dr Love
11-20-2004, 09:14 PM
If he goes and he's fast and strong someone might take a chance on him. But don't keep your hopes up.

ATG
11-20-2004, 09:44 PM
He's good but the tackling in CIS is so bad it's really hard to tell how Lumsden will do against a tougher opponent.If he had put up those numbers in the College ranks then without a doubt he would make the pro's.Their is always the CFL

Gibsons Finest
11-21-2004, 04:10 AM
This one is a toughie. He looks very good in the CIS, and broke Lapointe's and Bradley's records, but then again, this is Eric Lapointe and Mike Bradley we're talking about. Bradley, if you all remember, might have cost Tom Higgins his job in Edmonton by dropping a catchable ball. He did well, but it goes to show you that it doesn't take alot to set CIS rushing records.

I can see a team taking a chance on him, though, maybe with a 7th or 8th or 9th rounder. I could see a team like Miami taking a chance on him and seeing what he can do against tougher competition, but I don't see him making the NFL.

mcphee
11-21-2004, 10:22 AM
If he has some first couple of step quickness someone will bring him to camp. Does he ?

Free Torts
11-21-2004, 12:02 PM
I was wondering what people here think of Jesse Lumsden and his chances of making it to the NFL? If he does get accepeted to go to the scotung combine, I think he'll have a good shot of being drafted, otherwise, there is no doubt he'll get at least one invite to a training camp in the NFL
Is he any better than Tim Tindale was? I think he was the last back from a CIS (or back then, CIAU) school to make the NFL. He played briefly with the Buffalo Bills, if I remember correctly.

Astaroth
11-21-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure he'll get a training camp call or two at the very least. The problem is that the CIS caliber is incredibly skewed, I wouldn't say it sucks but the difference between NCAA and CIS is well... I can't remember what's the conference below division III, (EAC or something like that? It's community collleges) but it's safe to say that it is somewhat comparable level of talent. It's in between those two divisions. However that doesn't mean there aren't players in the CIS that can compete with the caliber of NCAA. My personal opinion is that there at least a couple of guys on every NCAA div 1 teams that have comparable guys to Lumsden but I might be wrong. Him breaking the record is good hype so I expect him to have a a chance, I don't think he'll make it though.

Douggy
11-22-2004, 12:33 AM
There are two reasons why Jesse Lumsden is any good:
1) There is 1 yard between the defensive and offensive line in Canadian football.

2) Defensive backs in CIS can't tackle worth a damn. Same thing for linebackers on the bad teams.

Mark my words: Andy Fantuz will have a better pro career than Jesse Lumsden. :teach: