Laaksonen&Lydman?

Korhonen
11-24-2004, 01:33 PM
What they are planning to do during the lockout? Any news or rumours?

They are the only Finnish NHLers I haven't heard anything.

Jared Ramsden
11-25-2004, 01:34 PM
On Lydman, as far as I know he is back in Finland but he is not playing....he missed most of the last chunk of the regular season with a concussion and only played in 5 or 6 of the Flames playoff games....he may have come back too soon, so I'm guessing he is just resting up and getting 100% healthy.

In the Doghouse
11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
On Lydman, as far as I know he is back in Finland but he is not playing....he missed most of the last chunk of the regular season with a concussion and only played in 5 or 6 of the Flames playoff games....he may have come back too soon, so I'm guessing he is just resting up and getting 100% healthy.

Lydman can't get personal insurance 'cause he have suffered several concussions in his career, insurance companies think it's too risky. That's why he's not playing anywhere.

Korkki
11-30-2004, 03:06 PM
Laaksonen has been rumoured (very strong rumour) to have signed with one Finnish team. He will join them after the Christmas break.

Cono
11-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Laaksonen has been rumoured (very strong rumour) to have signed with one Finnish team. He will join them after the Christmas break.

Probably he will join to Lukko before the christmas break. Let see what happens.

Korhonen
12-01-2004, 05:15 AM
Very interesting to see Laaksonen in SM-liiga if he decides to play here, since he has practicly never played in the league. Is he going to be the same kind of phenomenon as Ville Nieminen or will he be more like Riku Hahl and continue here what he's done in the NHL?

Cono
12-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Very interesting to see Laaksonen in SM-liiga if he decides to play here, since he has practicly never played in the league. Is he going to be the same kind of phenomenon as Ville Nieminen or will he be more like Riku Hahl and continue here what he's done in the NHL?

I think he got potential to make points in SM-liiga. He will play some powerplay and gets much more ice-time than in NHL.

mattihp
12-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Antti's speed, hard slapper and willingness to shoot should get him some points...

kdazzad
12-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Of course there is a slight change of Antti choosing to play with FPS..
He has propably been training with the Minnesota university (as he has done during summers troughout his NHL career..