The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 11:33 AM
My predictions?

Patriots: 3
Browns: 28

:cheers:

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 11:42 AM
I really hope that they show the Denver/San Diego game in Pittsburgh today, but I highly doubt it.

Anyone know how to find out what games they show in your area?

ebbhead
12-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I really hope that they show the Denver/San Diego game in Pittsburgh today, but I highly doubt it.

The networks used to have it on the website but they don't this year for some reason Doesn't your TV guide list what's on.

ebbhead
12-05-2004, 11:45 AM
My predictions?

Even with the Browns starting their 3rd string QB?

The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 11:55 AM
When I click info on my digital cable it says Browns vs Pats on CBS and ATL vs TB on FOX.

MLH
12-05-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't know if this helps or not but:

http://skyhawk.unb.ca/~v5mx2/2004wk13-cbs.gif

The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 12:04 PM
My predictions?

Scratch that. :shakehead

Why was that Browns coach clapping?

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Looks like we only get one game, Cleveland vs New England. I wish we had two, but oh well. At least the Bob Dylan interview is on tonight.

I don't like wiating until 8:30 for the Steelers. :cry:

MLH
12-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Terrence McGee takes the games opening kickoff 104 yards for his 3rd TD return of the year.

Riggins
12-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Jaguars 21
Steelers 17

:p:

Raven25
12-05-2004, 12:17 PM

Wish I could see it too! This game is going to be great - MEGA INTENSITY!

Way I see it, if SD wins (which I think they will! :yo: payback's a b%#ch :madfire: ) it will give them a 2 game cushion and, in all likelihood, the AFC West title - I have to admit they'll likely lose to the Colts but other than that game they're looking good to be 12-4 and even if Done-ver ran the table they'd still fall one game back.

The Chargers know the Donkeys can't run on them so they'll be expecting an air attack - see nickel defence - and Drayton Florence is in at CB in place of Davis so Lelie won't get the separation he did when they last met.. Plummer will have to be perfect to put the ball downfield - Jammer will take away Rod Smith most of the time. On the other side of the ball, the Broncos can pick their poison - put 8 in the box to stop LT and Antonio Gates will find open field. I think SD will use PA passing very effectively in this game after establishing a run early, and Denver will be playing a guessing game on defence all too often...

Damn it feels good to be a Bolts fan! :D
and it's been far too long since I could legitimately say that!

Hockeyfan02
12-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Bulger out with a shouler injury. Chris Chandler in at QB for the Rams.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Tennessee with 3 onside kicks in the first quarter. Recovered 2 of them and a third was re-done due to an offside penalty.

Gibsons Finest
12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Tennessee with 3 onside kicks in the first quarter. Recovered 2 of them and a third was re-done due to an offside penalty.

Why exactly are they doing that? Pretty weird strategy if you ask me.

BTW, Edge TD!

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Jaguars 21
Steelers 17

:p:

I'm actually pretty worried about tonight's game. I think a lot depends on whether Burress is able to play at full speed tonight. The Steelers are going to need to have a good passing game to win, and judging by what has happened without Burress, it seems to me that Burress is a key part of that passing game.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Anybody have Drew Bennett on there fantasy team?

3 Catches, 124 Yards... 3 TD's in the first quarter.

Why couldn't this guy of shown up when it mattered earlier this season. :shakehead

Enoch
12-05-2004, 01:00 PM

BTW, Edge TD!

Well, the Defensive coordinator is probably thinking - We can't stop them from the 1, why not at least give oursleves a chance of getting teh ball back when we kick it off.

It makes for VERY entertaining football. The colts are pissed that they have been losing all the onsides, the Titans are playing with passion, and its extremely high-scoring. What a game.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 01:03 PM

BTW, Edge TD!
They really don't have anything to lose. For a team full of rookies and inexperienced players, a win in Indy would be huge for team morale going into the final stretch and into the offseason.

MLH
12-05-2004, 01:08 PM
The Bills are laying an egg against Miami, unreal.

#3 ranked defense looks awful, Feely seems to think he's Marino.

X0X0A0
12-05-2004, 01:14 PM
The Falcons look terrible.

Michael Vick has left because of an injury twice now.

HughJass*
12-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Saints look worse. If Haslett isn't fired tomorrow it will be a cold day in Hell. His team is truly playing like pooh, and they are making the dumbest penalties of all time. It's half time and it looks really, really bad.

Also, that Mike McKenzie trade looks like a really bad trade for the Saints.

Go Panthers. 26-7 at the half, and those 7 by the Saints were after two Aaron Brooks throws that should have been picked off.

JLand
12-05-2004, 01:33 PM
The Colts would be unstoppable if they could just stop one friggin drive. This game is gonna be crazy.

The Panthers are running all over the Saints...what a shock....

HughJass*
12-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Now they fumbled again before the half instead on taking a knee. Haslett is so fired.

edit: nevermind, "tuck" rule in effect....

Safir*
12-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Panthers! :bow:

Is Moose on fire or wwwhhhaattttt? :yo:

Hockeyfan02
12-05-2004, 01:40 PM
49ers are hanging in there against the Rams. If only we had a decent offense.....

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 01:48 PM
49ers are hanging in there against the Rams. If only we had a decent offense.....
I've been wondering... Any reason as to why Barlow has been pitiful this season?

I thought he'd be a solid back in this league but this season has been a huge step back for him.

HughJass*
12-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Chad Hutchinson numbers are looking pretty good for the Bears. I was wondering if he should have stuck with baseball, but after seeing the numbers on Quinn and seeing how he's faring against the week secondary of the Vikes I'm convinced he can be at least a journeyman NFL QB. Wow, this is an awesome week 13 and we are only at the half.

Delhomme 229 yards passing at the half, Muhammed has over 120 yards on 6 or 7 catches. Nasty.

edit: also, about the 49ers, I believe Barlow has been bothered by some injuries all season, right?

lux_interior
12-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Saints look worse. If Haslett isn't fired tomorrow it will be a cold day in Hell. His team is truly playing like pooh, and they are making the dumbest penalties of all time. It's half time and it looks really, really bad.

Also, that Mike McKenzie trade looks like a really bad trade for the Saints.

Go Panthers. 26-7 at the half, and those 7 by the Saints were after two Aaron Brooks throws that should have been picked off.
I'm a Saints fan, but I can't watch this team. I can't stand their lack of heart.

Hockeyfan02
12-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I've been wondering... Any reason as to why Barlow has been pitiful this season?

I thought he'd be a solid back in this league but this season has been a huge step back for him.

Well he hasnt been breaking that many tackles this year which is part of it. A major reason is the lackluster o-line in front of him. You cant expect the back to do much when there are 3 guys in the backfield waiting for him when he gets the handoff.

HughJass*
12-05-2004, 02:00 PM
it continues, after the half the Saints drive all the way down to the red zone, and another bad drop (a tip in this case) by a receive turns into an interception. Wow, the Saints are a really bad foot ball team, mentally. What the hell happened? They can't blame William Roaf's (or whoever it was a couple of years ago) wife for sleeping with guys anymore LOL

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Unfortunately I had the displeasure of having Barlow on my fantasy team this year. I finally dropped him last week.

I've had good luck this year with pickups off of waivers. I took a flyer on Reuben Droughns during his first week where he was really good, and that has been probably the best pickup in the league this year. I also was lucky enough to get Julius Jones. Jones and Droughns are now my two starters. Holmes is my main man, but he isn't playing. I really hope I get him back for the playoffs but I'm not holding my breath. I'm lucky to have Jones and Droughns who are two good backs.

My fantasy team should destroy this week. Vick is my opponents QB, and him having this bad of a game virtually screws my opponent over. He has Dillon, who will get him some pretty good points, and Warrick Dunn, who hasn't done anything today.

Andre Johnson is tearing it up for me. He has two huge catches and already is at 100 yards. Hopefully he gets a TD or two, but I don't think I will need it. Dillon is literally the only player who will score anything decent for my opponent, and I have McNabb against Green Bay at 4 o'clock, not to mention Lelie who gets good points every week, and Droughns and Jones. I have Porter against a bad secondary, but I might switch that to McCardell. McCardell is up against Bailey today, so I think I will stay with Porter who is a little more of a safe bet.

ObeySteve
12-05-2004, 02:29 PM
I think it's safe to say now that both Tampa and Carolina will be in the playoff hunt at 5-7 after today.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 02:42 PM
I think it's safe to say now that both Tampa and Carolina will be in the playoff hunt at 5-7 after today.
The NFC is so sad...

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Cincinatti is beating Baltimore by one with 5:38 to go. Hopefully their defense can put up a big stop here.

ObeySteve
12-05-2004, 02:59 PM
The NFC is so sad...

At least the Eagles (and Packers for that matter) make it look somewhat respectable.

Mathletic
12-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Great game by the Bucs today

another sack for Dewayne White, 6 games in a row and he's not even a starter with Rice and Spires playing great as always

the Bucs are back !

great game also for Taylor, with a 50 yard FG :yo:

X0X0A0
12-05-2004, 03:03 PM
The falcons have to be the worst 9-2 (now 9-3) team ever. If they were in the AFC they would be fighting for a wildcard.

Riggins
12-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Cincy takes down Baltimore 27-26. :handclap:

ObeySteve
12-05-2004, 03:05 PM
The falcons have to be the worst 9-2 (now 9-3) team ever. If they were in the AFC they would be fighting for a wildcard.

They remind me of the 2001 Chicago Bears, who finished 13-3 and layed an egg in their first playoff game. Lots of close wins, lots of weaknesses.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Teams like the Jaguars, Ravens, Broncos, Bengals, and Bills wish they were in the NFC. :joker:

X0X0A0
12-05-2004, 03:13 PM

Sadly.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Well, they do have a young team. At 9-3, it's a BIG success for the Falcons, considering they were not expected to make the playoffs this year.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 03:14 PM
My fantasy outlook:

Manning: Big game. 425, 3 Td's... 2 Int's however.
A. Green: Yet to play. He's starting though.
McCallister: I'm getting worried. Weak game for my #2 back. Gonna look at some alternatives.
Horn: Consistent player on a terrible team. 160 and 2 Td's.
Chad "Primetime" Johnson: Monster game. 160 and 2 Td's.
McCareins: Nothing special.
Crumpler: Donut.
Elam: Yet to play.
TB Defence: My other defensive unit was the Falcons... which I benched after picking T-Bay up off waivers. I cleaned up on this one. A shutout, 4 Int's, 2 fumbles recovered, 5 sacks.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:15 PM
They remind me of the 2001 Chicago Bears, who finished 13-3 and layed an egg in their first playoff game. Lots of close wins, lots of weaknesses.

In the NFL, doesn't matter how you win, just as long as you win. :teach:

loveshack2
12-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Man I have to say this Buffalo - Miami game is fun to watch. The Bills should be running away with it but Miami is just refusing to die despite being a far inferior team and giving up 5 or 6 turnovers.

Just flipped over to the start of the San Diego/Denver game and that is a great start too I must say.

:handclap:

thestonedkoala
12-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Minnesota blows...

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Man, I hope the Jags win tonight. Ravens lost, Bronco's play the Chargers, perfect time for the Jags to get back into the playoff race.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Minnesota blows...
Last year was just a preview.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Culpepper gets sacked in last play of the game. :joker:

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Buffalo intercepts a pass and brings it all the way to the Endzone.

thestonedkoala
12-05-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't know what the hell is wrong with the Vikings. They are a real hyde and jeckel team. They show up one week but can't finish another.

They need to solidifed their running game by KEEPING ONE runner in, not rotating it BS. I'm glad their defense is finally showing up though.

loveshack2
12-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Buffalo is going to win this game but they should not feel good about themselves. Great game to watch if you like unpredictability, but there is some awful football being played out there today.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:24 PM
How many points do the Chiefs give up against the Raiders today? 25? 35? 40?

Enoch
12-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Buffalo intercepts a pass and brings it all the way to the Endzone.

Sigh....I always play the fantasy team who has the defense playing the Dolphins. Literally 8 or 9 times this season a Dolphin QB has thrown an interception that was returned for an interception. Its ridiculous........it happens every single week.....

Riggins
12-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Man, I hope the Jags win tonight. Ravens lost, Bronco's play the Chargers, perfect time for the Jags to get back into the playoff race.

Yep... tonight is a must win to have any hope at the playoffs. Jags could get in with this:

Pittsburgh W
Chicago W
@ Green Bay L
Houston W
@ Oakland W

Won't be easy, that's for sure.

ObeySteve
12-05-2004, 03:39 PM
No one is talking about the Eagles-Packers game?!

:bow: B-Dawk, McNabb, Owens. :bow:

MLH
12-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Buffalo is going to win this game but they should not feel good about themselves. Great game to watch if you like unpredictability, but there is some awful football being played out there today.

True. Lucky to sneak out of Miami with that win.

I don't know what was wrong with our defense in the first quarter. They let Feely do whatever he wanted. Oh well, a win is a win and 6-6 is pretty good for a team that started 0-4. Home against Cleveland next, here's hoping we run the table.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:41 PM

Don't take this personally, but I'm sick of the Eagles. I've always disliked them.

Safir*
12-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Don't take this personally, but I'm sick of the Eagles. I've always disliked them.
Don't worry, you're not alone. :D

Anthony*
i guess the vikes are starting their annual late season meltdown again

ObeySteve
Hey, I think it's a sign of respect. Generally people dislike teams that are consistently successful.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Hey, I think it's a sign of respect. Generally people dislike teams that are consistently successful.
Not beacause they are successful. Stop thinking the Eagles are high and mighty. I cheer for the Jags/Cowboys, and you can see why I dislike the Eagles.

Safir*
12-05-2004, 03:49 PM

Successfull teams manage to reach the Super Bowl. :p:

Okay, I quit now, but I've gotten to know WWWWWWWAAYYYYYYYY to many idiot Eagles fans. Most of them were even worse than those trolls, who call the Bucs & Falcons their favorite team.

TVanek26*
12-05-2004, 03:53 PM
We played pretty bad,but atleast the Bills came out with a win....Lee Evans had a great game.McGahee had 91 yards,and even though he fumbled,he played good enough.

MLH
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
We played pretty bad,but atleast the Bills came out with a win....Lee Evans had a great game.McGahee had 91 yards,and even though he fumbled,he played good enough.

Yeah, and he had that 66 yard catch negated by a phantom holding call. He did what was needed and once again had a huge drive to waste some clock with the game on the line.

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Is Lee Evans worth a pickup as a little insurance for the rest of the season? He seems to put up fairly decent numbers every week. I think I am going to drop Porter for Evans. Porter hasn't done anything so far in the Chiefs game. I knew I shouldn't have picked him up.

Lelie is having a pretty big game against San Diego so far.

PantherboyHTR
12-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Horrible play calling by the Cards today. Green is gunna hear it big time for putting in that 3rd stringer QB.

Lions though got a win and are now 5-7, and are still very much in the NFC playoff hunt, all be it a tough schedule.

Oh yea, Lets go Chiefs :speechles

Son of Steinbrenner
12-05-2004, 04:11 PM
J-E-T-S
JETS JETS JETS

6 games this year they have held teams scoreless in the secod half. i don't know how far they are going to go but they will be a tough out.

MLH
12-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Is Lee Evans worth a pickup as a little insurance for the rest of the season? He seems to put up fairly decent numbers every week. I think I am going to drop Porter for Evans. Porter hasn't done anything so far in the Chiefs game. I knew I shouldn't have picked him up.

As a Bills fan I don't know if I'm the best to answer that, but the Bills have a favorable schedule and Bledsoe loves to utilize speed recievers (see Peerless Price) so I would say he'll continue to put up decent numbers.

Blackjack
12-05-2004, 04:19 PM
J-E-T-S
JETS JETS JETS

6 games this year they have held teams scoreless in the secod half. i don't know how far they are going to go but they will be a tough out.

I wonder who mugged the real Jets' secondary in the parking lot and took their uniforms; that was an unreal effort. CBs breaking up passes? Safties grabbing interceptions.

Two more things

1. I have new respect for Carr after that hit he took in the 1st period. I thought he was out for the game and maybe even the season, he only missed one play.

2. That was possibly the worst officiating I have ever seen. Both sides got royally screwed on some calls and non-calls.

TVanek26*
12-05-2004, 04:20 PM

I would.Lee is getting more and more involved with the playcalling.I wouldn't be shocked to see him grab 1,000 yards and 8 TD's next year.He has great speed.

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 04:20 PM
As a Bills fan I don't know if I'm the best to answer that, but the Bills have a favorable schedule and Bledsoe loves to utilize speed recievers (see Peerless Price) so I would say he'll continue to put up decent numbers.

Well as Bills fan you know more about the Bills than non-Bills fans, so your thoughts hold weight. I think I might just pick up Evans, he has 4 easy games, although the last week is a tough one for him. ;)

I just read that Holmes will probably not play the rest of the season. Anyone know anything about this? Blaylock is still available, I might pick him up.

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 04:25 PM
I would.Lee is getting more and more involved with the playcalling.I wouldn't be shocked to see him grab 1,000 yards and 8 TD's next year.He has great speed.

Thanks. I think I might add/drop a few players tommorow.

Heh, Porter had a 51 yard TD catch. Guess I spoke too soon. :blush:

Still, it's looking like I might have to drop Holmes. I'm not going to do anything until I hear a definitive answer from a good source that he won't play the rest of the year. It sucks, the one year I get Holmes in fantasy football and he is hurt for half of it. :cry:

MLH
12-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Well as Bills fan you know more about the Bills than non-Bills fans, so your thoughts hold weight. I think I might just pick up Evans, he has 4 easy games, although the last week is a tough one for him. ;)

I just read that Holmes will probably not play the rest of the season. Anyone know anything about this? Blaylock is still available, I might pick him up.

I don't think you'll be disapointed. I hope not at least.

I saw that Holmes told his fans, on his website, that he was out for the year. Considering his injury history and the Chiefs record, I don't see him playing again this season.

ObeySteve
12-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Eagles, anyone?

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't think you'll be disapointed. I hope not at least.

I saw that Holmes told his fans, on his website, that he was out for the year. Considering his injury history and the Chiefs record, I don't see him playing again this season.

Thanks.

ObeySteve, I actually like the Eagles. Part of it has to do with McNabb being on my fantasy team though. :D

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM

BTW, Edge TD!

Trying to keep Manning off the field at all costs. Does it really matter where the Colts begin their drives?

klingsor
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
The phrase "like a hot knife going through butter" comes to mind as I watch the Skins run and pass against the Giants.

X0X0A0
12-05-2004, 04:33 PM

Blowouts don't hold my interest. I switched over to SD vs Den.

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 04:34 PM
The phrase "like a hot knife going through butter" comes to mind as I watch the Skins run and pass against the Giants.

The 'skins just cleared 20 points for the first time all season.

X8oD
12-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Horrible play calling by the Cards today. Green is gunna hear it big time for putting in that 3rd stringer QB.

Lions though got a win and are now 5-7, and are still very much in the NFC playoff hunt, all be it a tough schedule.

Oh yea, Lets go Chiefs :speechles

Kevin Jones sets the rookie Rushing record [if his 196 yards stand]. And Can still break 1000 for the year.

Joey H still looks like a rookie. Horrible accuracy, and terrible reads. KJones breaks a 70 yard run, and the next play Joey fails reading his reciever and throws to far infront of him and right into the arms of a Arizona DB.

Mooch's playcalling wasnt great either. twice 3rd and goal, short yardage. He elects to pass instead of run. Only reason nobody is discussing that is because of Green.

And to Think, he wanted the Detroit Job.

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 04:37 PM
The Packers are trying to make the playoffs, right?

Eagles about to go up 28-0... with three minutes left in the half.

Son of Steinbrenner
12-05-2004, 04:37 PM
I wonder who mugged the real Jets' secondary in the parking lot and took their uniforms; that was an unreal effort. CBs breaking up passes? Safties grabbing interceptions.

Two more things

1. I have new respect for Carr after that hit he took in the 1st period. I thought he was out for the game and maybe even the season, he only missed one play.

2. That was possibly the worst officiating I have ever seen. Both sides got royally screwed on some calls and non-calls.
jets secondary really looked good and they have the past few weeks. the key is the presure the jets are getting on the quaterback.

1. carr is a tough guy and that was some shot he took
2. refs sucked today

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Actually, the Packers are in the NFC. I guess they can afford a game or two off.

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 04:41 PM
McNabb 22-26, 271 yds 4 TDs
Johnson 7 rec. 126 yards
Lelie 3 rec. 96 yards
Porter 1 rec. 51 yards 1 TD

Droughns isn't doing much but I didn't expect him to against SD's run defense. Doesn't matter anyways; I'm going to win this week.

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Eagles fans are doing the "goodbye" chant as GB punts, which is accordingly run back into Packers territory.

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 04:48 PM
McNabb!!! :handclap:

5 TDs in the first half. Too bad he didn't play Green Bay the week I faced Manning when Manning had 6 TDs.

Oh well. If McNabb throws one or two more, I will probably win this week on McNabb alone. :bow:

tom_servo
Looks like the Pack is pulling Favre for.... Frank Reich!!

ObeySteve
Oh my god....I just **** my pants! :amazed:

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 04:56 PM
That was a really nice catch by Ferguson.

guinness
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Kevin Jones sets the rookie Rushing record [if his 196 yards stand]. And Can still break 1000 for the year.

Joey H still looks like a rookie. Horrible accuracy, and terrible reads. KJones breaks a 70 yard run, and the next play Joey fails reading his reciever and throws to far infront of him and right into the arms of a Arizona DB.

Mooch's playcalling wasnt great either. twice 3rd and goal, short yardage. He elects to pass instead of run. Only reason nobody is discussing that is because of Green.

And to Think, he wanted the Detroit Job.

Hey, and to think the Lions are still in the NFC North hunt, as are the Bears, thanks to the Vikes losing and the Pack on their way to losing. The NFC North shouldn't even be allowed to send a team to the playoffs this year. (or most of the NFC for that matter)

Hockeyfan02
12-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Oh my god....I just **** my pants! :amazed:

Ewwww.

MLH
12-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey, and to think the Lions are still in the NFC North hunt, as are the Bears, thanks to the Vikes losing and the Pack on their way to losing. The NFC North shouldn't even be allowed to send a team to the playoffs this year. (or most of the NFC for that matter)

The Eagles should be the only NFC team allowed in the playoffs. I honestly don't know if any other NFC team would even make the playoffs if they were in the AFC.

The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
:bow: Bengals :bow:

:banana: HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :banana:

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 05:54 PM
McNabb needs 43 more yards passing for 500. :amazed:

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 05:57 PM
If McNabb gets hurt out there, Reid's gonna have some 'splainin to do to Eagle Nation.

The Mars Volchenkov
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Broncos throw a pick after coming back and it doesn't look good right now.

Gibsons Finest
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
The Eagles should be the only NFC team allowed in the playoffs. I honestly don't know if any other NFC team would even make the playoffs if they were in the AFC.

That's why the NFL should just take the best 12 teams to the playoffs, and other leagues do the same. While you can make arguments for rivalries and such, it's terrible to see that a team like the Giants or Bucs might make the playoffs with below .500 records(well, I doubt the Giants have any shot anymore), while two out of Denver, Baltimore, New York, and Jacksonville sit at home with plus .500 records.

Same thing in almost every league. Baseball is usually pretty good, but with only one wildcard team and one AL East team in the second season, even if Toronto, Baltimore or Tampa Bay has a very good season, they'll miss the playoffs because of the Yankees and Red Sox(these two teams will never rebuild, either). In Basketball, I counted like 5 West teams at least that would've made the playoffs last year in the East. Hockey was good last year, with only Edmonton being that team that didn't make it in the West that would've in the East, but before, it was much, much worse. This even goes down to the WHL, where the Regina Pats are consistantly one of the 2 or 3 worst teams in the league, but they'll never get the 2nd or 3rd overall pick in the draft because the worst team in the league is usually in their division.

GKJ
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
The Eagles aren't too bad.

Mathletic
12-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Broncos throw a pick after coming back and it doesn't look good right now.

horrible playcalling by Shanahan on the last play

GKJ
12-05-2004, 06:57 PM
horrible playcalling by Shanahan on the last play

Horrible play by Plummer throwing it short with 8 seconds left and even more stupid play by Watts not going out of bounds.

X8oD
12-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Horrible play by Plummer throwing it short with 8 seconds left and even more stupid play by Watts not going out of bounds.

he had to get the 10 yards or its over

it took him diving foward to get that 10.

It reminded me of Joey Harrington. 3rd [or in this case 4th] and long, and throw it to your checkdown 6 yards short of scrimmage and hop he can make it.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Minnesota blows...
One of the most overrated teams in the league. They've failed to show up against major opponents this year (GB, Philly, and Indy) and also lost a pair of games that a playoff contender has no business losing (Bears, Giants).

GKJ
12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I don't know if this helps or not but:

http://skyhawk.unb.ca/~v5mx2/2004wk13-cbs.gif

never understood how they figure that out

Hockeyfan02
12-05-2004, 07:29 PM
One of the most overrated teams in the league. They've failed to show up against major opponents this year (GB, Philly, and Indy) and also lost a pair of games that a playoff contender has no business losing (Bears, Giants).

To be fair, the games they lost to GB and Indy they didnt have Moss and lost on last second FGs. I dont think its necessarily a meltdown because theyre still above .500 and in the NFC that means playoffs. Theyve got two big home games against Seattle and Green Bay so lets see how they do there. If their offense gets hot in a game in the playoffs, they can beat anyone.

Vic Rattlehead*
12-05-2004, 08:12 PM
:bow: Bengals :bow:

:banana: HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :banana:
GO JAGS!

Ticallion961
12-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Roethlisberger is off to a good start tonight, 5-6 107, 2TD...still early though

DJ Spinoza
12-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Is it just me, or are these Sunday night announcers really annoying?

Leftwich just stood in and took a huge hit from Porter, but got a big play off.

This is a pretty physical game so far. 14-7 Steelers but the Jags are coming hard.

Unholy Diver
12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Is it just me, or are these Sunday night announcers really annoying?

Leftwich just stood in and took a huge hit from Porter, but got a big play off.

This is a pretty physical game so far. 14-7 Steelers but the Jags are coming hard.
Theismann is friggin terrible, he acts like this is the first football game you have ever seen and just aggravates the hell out of me

Hockeyfan02
12-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Big Ben needs to learn to throw the ball away. He took a major hit on a sack. VERY physical game so far. Guys are getting drilled out there on almost every play.

TVanek26*
12-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Go Steelers

Mathletic
12-05-2004, 09:15 PM

Plummer looked at Watts right away, so I guess the play was for Watts

The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Allen just got... JACKED UP!

Anthony*
12-05-2004, 09:40 PM
awesome game thus far

Unholy Diver
12-05-2004, 09:50 PM
I kinda miss the old rivalries with the Titans and Jags from the old AFC central

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-05-2004, 10:05 PM
I kinda miss the old rivalries with the Titans and Jags from the old AFC central
Same. As a Titans fan, I enjoyed those old matchups against the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Browns. We still clash twice with the Jags yearly but the games don't have the same meaning because the division crown is already claimed (Colts).

The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 10:19 PM
:madfire: :banghead: :mad: :rant: :beatup:

Unholy Diver
12-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Wheres Tommy Maddox? Looks like Big Ben is worshed up

The Mars Volchenkov
12-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Byron Leftwich has a rocket for an arm. Some of the passes he's made tonight have been amazing.

The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Time for a Big Ben GW drive.

Herby
12-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Just got back from the Q, what a game, beating the Donkeys and taking a 2 game lead in division.

Not bad for a team that most everyone had pegged at 0-16 to finish the year. Tomlinson is also finally healthy and producing.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

The Guy on the Couch*
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
IN BIG BEN WE TRUST

:gman: :gman: :gman:

Unholy Diver
12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
wow that was a close one, the Jags are a real gutty bunch and put up one helluva fight

Hockeyfan02
12-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Scobee had the distance from 60, just hooked it right. If he had made that, I would have been shocked. Great game to watch. Leftwich and Rothelisberger had good games leading their teams down the field.

Riggins
12-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Damn. When we ran Taylor on 3rd and 3 and failed to convert, I said that was the loss right there. And I was right.

That's it for the Jags, no playoffs this year.

Steelers don't impress me all that much. Super Bowl will be Eagles vs. Pats or Colts.

Mathletic
12-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Big Ben AGAIN !!!

hell of a kick though by Scobee, you could expect that in Denver, but not in Jacksonville

but the Jacked Up of the week has got to go to Lynch's hit on Chapman

Fire Sather
12-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Good way to finish off the streak, Ben. It'll be over next week.. lets go Jets.

Mathletic
12-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Steelers don't impress me all that much. Super Bowl will be Eagles vs. Pats

two teams that lost to the Steelers by the way ... and the final game of the AFC might be in Pitts, and that would be a huge advantage

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Ben answered some critics tonight.

14/17, 221, 2TD, 0 INT, 40 yards rushing.

Next week we'll be at Heinz, with Plax. Look out, Jets.

Unholy Diver
12-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Good way to finish off the streak, Ben. It'll be over next week.. lets go Jets.
the jets will go down faster than lynyrd skynyrd in the florida swamps

eSabre
Hopefully the Steelers will win their next three, so they can play the second string in Buffalo on Jan. 3rd... ;)

Hockeyfan02
two teams that lost to the Steelers by the way ... and the final game of the AFC might be in Pitts, and that would be a huge advantage

Well the Pats did win there in 02 to go to the super bowl so its not really that much of an advantage as some will make it out to be.

Gotta say this is the first time Ben has really impressed me and won his team a game when they were down late. No time out, less than 2 minutes and a lot of field to go for a win. I'm in the crowd thats been saying its more of his team winning games with the running game and defense with Ben getting too much credit for the 9-0 record before the game tonght. This is the first time I'll give him the nod for winning a game for his team. You can argue Dallas, but they needed a FG to tie and were deep inside Cowboys territory. Looked real good on that last drive tonight. The kids not MVP like I've heard some sports people say, but hes ROTY for sure.

A performance that seems to be lost today also comes from the AFC North. What about Carson Palmer leading his team back in Baltimore today. When the Ravens took the lead I thought that was it especially the way Palmer has looked at times this season. I think hes starting to gain some confidence after a rocky start. Big Ben and Carson are going to be going at it a lot the next 5-10 years and theyre going to be good battles.

Unholy Diver
12-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Hopefully the Steelers will win their next three, so they can play the second string in Buffalo on Jan. 3rd... ;)
Im hopin that if they do the Pats do as well, I got tix for that game and dont want to drive up there to see the scrubs

Big McLargehuge
12-05-2004, 10:56 PM
If that game in Buffalo is the difference between homefield and a potential Championship game in New England I expect to see the starters.

If that game in Buffalo is meaningless, say hello to fast Willie Parker!

JCD
12-05-2004, 11:11 PM
I don't know what the hell is wrong with the Vikings. They are a real hyde and jeckel team. They show up one week but can't finish another.

They need to solidifed their running game by KEEPING ONE runner in, not rotating it BS. I'm glad their defense is finally showing up though.

Vikes have won one game outside out of something like the last 18. They are a turf team.

Plus, any Vikes fan knows that records don't matter against the Bears. Divisional games are always tough. Bears have the Vikes number at Solider Field, and have for a long, long time.

BTW, Vikes DID keep one RB in this game. Down the stretch. Onterrio Smith is the starter. It wasn't a so-so ground game that killed the Vikes, it was turning the ball over 4 times to the Bears 1 (and a missed FG) that sunk them.

As for calling this their typical slide, come on. Vikes choked last year. This year is a different animal.

Fish on The Sand
12-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!.

Unholy Diver
12-05-2004, 11:18 PM
If that game in Buffalo is the difference between homefield and a potential Championship game in New England I expect to see the starters.

If that game in Buffalo is meaningless, say hello to fast Willie Parker!
yeah I cant wait to drive 4 hours to see Lee Mays and Alonzo Jackson

MLH
12-05-2004, 11:21 PM
yeah I cant wait to drive 4 hours to see Lee Mays and Alonzo Jackson

Yeah, but you might see Buffalo become just the 2nd team to ever start 0-4 and make the playoffs. That would be worth it, right?

tom_servo
12-05-2004, 11:21 PM
How long has it been since there were three 11-1 teams during one season?

Big McLargehuge
12-05-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm willing to bet that this is a first.

Tuggy
12-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Another day, another blowout win. I really didn't give the Browns much chance to score 2 TD's today, so good for them.

Green Bay looked like losers out there tonight, with that secondary they are going nowhere.

A few really exciting games today: Ravens/Bengals, Chargers/Broncos and Steelers/Jags. I loved watching the Bengals win today, that was awesome! And to think they are only a game out of the playoffs. I am pullin for them.

Fish on The Sand
12-06-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm willing to bet that this is a first.
the year the Vikes went 15-1 I think there could have been, or the year that the Rams and Jags finished 14-2 and the Titans were 13-3.

HughJass*
12-06-2004, 05:31 AM

We beat them a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like to me that will happen again. Tampa is not in the hunt, trust me.

And the Falcons suck. Let's see, we have to play the Bucs, Falcons, and Saints again. Panthers are at least going 8-8, and that's an imazing freaking feat. I love John Fox.

Btw, the Falcs have been out scored by 10 points all season long (242-252?). They are 9-3 even though they haven't scored more than their opponents, that's amazing. They could actually make the playing even if they lose all of their last games, too. Sad.

It's official, Micheal Vick will never be a QB.

Safir*
12-06-2004, 06:44 AM
We beat them a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like to me that will happen again. Tampa is not in the hunt, trust me.

And the Falcons suck. Let's see, we have to play the Bucs, Falcons, and Saints again. Panthers are at least going 8-8, and that's an imazing freaking feat. I love John Fox.

Btw, the Falcs have been out scored by 10 points all season long (242-252?). They are 9-3 even though they haven't scored more than their opponents, that's amazing. They could actually make the playing even if they lose all of their last games, too. Sad.

It's official, Micheal Vick will never be a QB.

I'm hoping that Peppers & Rucker will finally break Vick. :lol:

I hoping that Davis, Smith...etc. can return in time for the possible playoffs.

Oh John Fox, you are dddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa friggin Man. :yo: :yo:

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Damn this Julius Jones sure looks like he is the real deal.

Hockeyfan02
12-06-2004, 09:43 PM
One day the Seahawks are going to decide if they want to be super bowl contenders.....

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 10:00 PM
One day the Seahawks are going to decide if they want to be super bowl contenders.....

Today doesn't look like that day :joker:

V for Voodoo
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
I have amorous feelings for Mr. Jones.

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Could we see touchdown #3 for Mr.Jones

V for Voodoo
12-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Robbed of TD #3 there, but regardless, this kid is good.

Chaos
12-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Robbed of TD #3 there, but regardless, this kid is good.

Man that was one of the weakest holding calls I've seen......sucks than he got hurt and missed 7 games :banghead:

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Seattle has to score soon to have any chance of coming back.

Chaos
12-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Another horrible call :shakehead

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 11:01 PM
What a comeback for the 'Hawks :handclap:

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Who are you throwing the ball to Vinny :shakehead

Hockeyfan02
12-06-2004, 11:07 PM
People are soo wrong about the Seahawks. They arent a different team from game to game... theyre a different team from quarter to quarter!

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Well that will do it...defense can only hold out for so long :banghead:

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Great call on 4th down :handclap:

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Great call on 4th down :handclap:

Had he been stopped, it would have been a terrible call ;)

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Had he been stopped, it would have been a terrible call ;)

Of course :D but I like the call to go for it there.

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Of course :D but I like the call to go for it there.

Oh I agree...you kick a field goal and miss, and your giving the ball in almost the same spot.

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Wow what a catch by Keyshawn :handclap:

Jared Ramsden
12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Just got back from the Q, what a game, beating the Donkeys and taking a 2 game lead in division.

Not bad for a team that most everyone had pegged at 0-16 to finish the year. Tomlinson is also finally healthy and producing.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

As Chris Berman said....biggest win for SD in at least 10 years....wasn't pretty but they found a way to pull it off. I'm becoming more impressed with the defence lately too, especially the secondary. It seems as thought everything is falling in place and all the bounces are going their way. LT looks ten times better than he did a month ago....everything is falling in place....finally a playoff game for the Bolts!!!! :eek: :handclap: :eek:

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:20 PM
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Great Monday nighter.

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Crazy game

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Julius Jones :bow:

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 11:29 PM
:eek:

MontrealCruiser_83*
30 carries, 198 yards, and three huge TD's for J. Jones.

Seahawk fans are in shock.

Riggins
Wow, what a collapse by Seattle.

Boy am I glad the Jags play the NFC West next year. :D

FlyersGuy69
12-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Julius Jones :bow:
yeah baby! I think we have our RB... :handclap:

Tuggy
Still 32 seconds left :D

Chaos

Just think if he had been healthy :banghead:

Chaos
12-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Jerry Rice just got LIT UP

Tuggy
12-06-2004, 11:33 PM
What a game.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-06-2004, 11:33 PM
Wow... The NFC is damn weak. A "contender" like the Seahawks can't even manage to handle the Cowboys?

Anthony*
12-06-2004, 11:34 PM
the hawks havent been a contender since they lost 3 straight a few weeks back

Smash255
12-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Absolutley Horrific non-call on the Keyshawn out of bounds play umm touchdown. How in the hell do they not do a booth review there? Absolutley awful

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-06-2004, 11:38 PM
the hawks havent been a contender since they lost 3 straight a few weeks back
Last time I checked they had a playoff spot to themselves...

Anthony*
12-06-2004, 11:41 PM
so do the rams

chris_dub
12-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Go Seahawks....

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-06-2004, 11:43 PM
so do the rams
Which proves my point that the NFC does indeed stink.

Anthony*
12-06-2004, 11:45 PM
wow ive never heard that one before

my point is that nobody really considers the hawks 'contenders' anymore regardless if they have a playoff spot or not(due to the weak nfc)

Hockeyfan02
12-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Last time I checked they had a playoff spot to themselves...

Theyre a playoff spot contender, they arent a contender for the NFC championship and they sure as hell arent a SB contender like most experts had them tabbed at the start of the season.

Bogus non review or not, the Seahawks blew this game. There is NO WAY you let a guy get behind you when your playing a zone defense in the last 2 minutes. You cant allow a team to score 2 tds in under 2 minutes. This is an absoulte choke job for a team that hasnt and probably never will live up to potential. Potentially they could challenge the Eagles for the NFC championship, realistically theyre a middle of the pack team now trying to hang on to a playoff spot. I saw Hasslebeck, Alexander and a bunch of others with their helmets off and joking at the 2 minute warning, I wanted to say "Hey guys the game isnt over yet." I dont like or dislike the Hawks, but they just frustrate me how good they can be and then turn around and fall on their faces the next.

Smash255
12-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Theyre a playoff spot contender, they arent a contender for the NFC championship and they sure as hell arent a SB contender like most experts had them tabbed at the start of the season.

Bogus non review or not, the Seahawks blew this game. There is NO WAY you let a guy get behind you when your playing a zone defense in the last 2 minutes. You cant allow a team to score 2 tds in under 2 minutes. This is an absoulte choke job for a team that hasnt and probably never will live up to potential. Potentially they could challenge the Eagles for the NFC championship, realistically theyre a middle of the pack team now trying to hang on to a playoff spot. I saw Hasslebeck, Alexander and a bunch of others with their helmets off and joking at the 2 minute warning, I wanted to say "Hey guys the game isnt over yet." I dont like or dislike the Hawks, but they just frustrate me how good they can be and then turn around and fall on their faces the next.

The Hawks are similar to the Chiefs. very good offense for the most part although can be inconsistent at times, but a piss poor Defense. The only real reason they are in the hunt is because outside of the Eagles the NFC sucks

Anthony*
12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
i wouldnt call the hawks d piss poor

they have alot of young talent that should develop into some solid players(trufant, hamlin, lucas etc.)

edit: but i will admit that their d did look piss poor tonight

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
wow ive never heard that one before

my point is that nobody really considers the hawks 'contenders' anymore regardless if they have a playoff spot or not(due to the weak nfc) Given the weak NFC, you'd have to consider them a contender because they may very well play the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.

FlyersGuy69
12-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Given the weak NFC, you'd have to consider them a contender because they might very well play the Eagles in the NFC Championship game.
yeah well, they might get there but, the Eagles would absolutely destroy them if they did play.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-06-2004, 11:57 PM
yeah well, they might get there but, the Eagles would absolutely destroy them if they did play.
oh no doubt... buy any team that can potentially reach the Conference Championship is a contender in my books...

Smash255
12-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Looking at the last 4 games for Seattle & St. Louis. It is very possible that the division winner could be 7-9 Yikes, it gets worse maybe even 6-10 AHHHHHHH

Seattle's last 4 games
@ Minnesota toss-up, but they could definatley lose
@ Jets Don't like to admit it, but the Jets look good (not going anywhere in the AFC, but good nonetheless, Seattle's chances not good)
vs Arizona here is their best chance for a win, but ya never know
vs Atlanta a matchup of 2 inconsistent teams, but with the Haws craphole for a D Vick should have a fileld day

St. Louis's last 4 games
@ Carolina panthers are starting to look like last years team
@ Arizona see Seattle comment
vs Philadelphia cmon now don't be stupid
vs Jets See Seattle comment

Edit. Well in that case it would be 3 teams that could be 6-10 because of 2 more wins by Arizona, & they also have a game next week against SF so thats an automatic win. So it looks like 6-10 will be quite hard 7-9 is a real strong possibility though

Smash255
12-07-2004, 12:07 AM
oh no doubt... buy any team that can potentially reach the Conference Championship is a contender in my books...

Contender by default

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Contender by default
but on any given sunday...

and anything can happen in the playoffs really.

But still a dissapointing game by the hawks. They lost what should of been an easy one and are now in the cellar of the NFC rather then in one of the top-3 positions.

Smash255
12-07-2004, 12:17 AM
but on any given sunday...

and anything can happen in the playoffs really.

But still a dissapointing game by the hawks. They lost what should of been an easy one and are now in the cellar of the NFC rather then in one of the top-3 positions.

Granted and the Eagles past in the NFC championship game.... But even as a Diehard Giant fan who hates the Eagles with a passion, their is no one in the NFC that can beat them. AFC is a different story, but the NFC is very very sad

Brad*
12-07-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm an Eagles fan, but with the state of the NFC, if they don't make the Super Bowl this season it would be a total collapse. And I'll have to kill someone.

Tuggy
12-07-2004, 12:32 AM
I'm an Eagles fan, but with the state of the NFC, if they don't make the Super Bowl this season it would be a total collapse. And I'll have to kill someone.

Unless McNabb gets hurt before the end of the season.

Chaos
12-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Absolutley Horrific non-call on the Keyshawn out of bounds play umm touchdown. How in the hell do they not do a booth review there? Absolutley awful

Just makes us for the non-call on what should have been offensive pass interference on Rice on his TD, and the "pass interference" on Frazier that lead to Alexander's 4th and Goal TD.

guinness
12-07-2004, 09:16 AM

Isn't that what was said about the last 3 teams the Eagles played in the NFC Championship? Being better on paper doesn't hold unless they do something on the field, and given the weak NFC, they'll have nobody but themselves to blame if they fold again.

Enoch
12-07-2004, 10:00 AM

He looked really good didn't he? Does my heart good to see the Cowboys finally have a run game again.

Just think if he had been healthy :banghead:

I think the time off has really allowed him to learn the game better, and gain Parcells confidence. In the first game of the season, he was splitting carries with George and actually fumbled (although that came when he damaged his shoulder). As the season progressed and it was revealed that Eddie George is washed up, Parcells knew that Jones would be the better back in all situations...Even goaline power situations. I'm not sure we would have seen that early on, and Jones might have given Eddie a better chance at surviving in a co-back role. Now, though, Jones is the only one getting the carries, and he has single-handedly allowed this offense to open up. The only thing that has been disappointing since his return is Parcells continual use of Witten as a blocking tight-end, rather than letting him work his magic as a reciever. Either way, Witten has still played great, and Jones has looked amazing.

Doomsday Device
12-07-2004, 10:19 AM
How long has it been since there were three 11-1 teams during one season?

I think this is the first time. The closest was back in 1998. After Week 13, Denver was 12-0, Minnesota was 11-1, and Atlanta was 10-2.

ObeySteve
12-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Isn't that what was said about the last 3 teams the Eagles played in the NFC Championship? Being better on paper doesn't hold unless they do something on the field, and given the weak NFC, they'll have nobody but themselves to blame if they fold again.

Actually no, the Eagles-Bucs game was the only one in which the Eagles were predicted to "destroy" their opponent.

Face it: The Eagles only had one game where the team choked. In the Rams-Eagles game, the Rams were heavy favorites and considered one of the best teams of the modern era....AND the Eagles came within 5 points of beating them. In the Panthers-Eagles game, the Eagles collapsed only when McNabb got injured halfway through the game and attempted to play injured.

Chaos
12-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Actually no, the Eagles-Bucs game was the only one in which the Eagles were predicted to "destroy" their opponent.

Face it: The Eagles only had one game where the team choked. In the Rams-Eagles game, the Rams were heavy favorites and considered one of the best teams of the modern era....AND the Eagles came within 5 points of beating them. In the Panthers-Eagles game, the Eagles collapsed only when McNabb got injured halfway through the game and attempted to play injured.

Face it: They have lost 3 straight NFC Championship games, and until they finally get over the hump(which will probably be this year), they will continue to hear about their 3 straight losses.

guinness
12-07-2004, 12:01 PM

Whatever.

I'm pretty sure the Eagles were expected to thrash the Panthers, playing at home, against a cinderella team. Just like the Wings were expected to beat the Flames during the last playoffs. In both cases, the better team on paper choked.

JCD
12-08-2004, 07:52 AM

Come on. Eagles were getting beat by Carolina before McNabb ever got hurt. Eagles had more sacks than points (easy to do when you have zero points) and the Panthers were running all over them. Once McNabb got hurt, it got downright ugly. However, they had done absolutely jack up until that point anyway. They choked HARD against the Panthers. Eagle's fans gave Carolina NO respect, just talking about how they whupped them earlier in the season and would have no problem whupping them again. Eagles looked bad from the opening drive to the end. They were powerless to stop Carolina from pounding the ball down their throat and couldn't move the offense with such lousy receivers.

Eagles choked in the Rams game as well. Opening drive, on the Rams 7, what does McNabb do? Martz, arguably the most inept coach in the NFL, went into Martz-mode and forgot that you can actually hand the ball off instead of passing every down. His poor coaching gave you a chance to win. You guys had a half-time lead, before the Rams ran the ball down the Eagles throat to open the second half. The close of the game, still in a position to steal a win, what was the final series? 3 plays losing yards (1 run for a loss, 1 pass for a loss then a sack) before tossing an INT.

Bucs, choke city.

Eagles have gotten manhandled in the last 3 NFC Championship games. To say it can't happen a 4th time is rather foolhardy. Eagles are indeed the best the NFC had to offer, but are by no means an unstoppable juggernaut.