01/04/05:
To RIM: Mario Scalzo Jr., 5th rounder in 2006
To VIC: Maxime Desrussieux, Alexandre Vachon, and 2nd rounder in 2006
----------------------------
01/05/05:
To CHI: Maxim Chamberland
To DRU: Romy Elayoubi
==================================

One trade of a 20-year-old today, a couple days before the official Trade Period starts.

Looks like plenty of buyers, and thus, plenty of sellers this season. Could very well be a busy few weeks. Post those confirmed moves here, folks.

Here is the first move of the period.

To Bathurst: Yannick Riendeau (20, 2GP, 0-0-0)
To Drummondville: 2006 5th round pick

Strange move, seeing as they already have four 20s on their roster in Laplante, Hodgson, Vagner, and Beaudin (though I believe Beaudin has been bumped by Hodgson's return). Riendeau's put up a bunch of points in the past, though...

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=232&id_nouvelle=595

Laurentides
12-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Another official trade is Val d'Or Foreurs send a 5th round pick (2005) to Québec in exchange for Jean-Sébastien Breton (17yo who plays for Valleyfield in AAA).

It has been confirmed.

LaLaLaprise
12-16-2004, 03:08 PM
VD gave up a 5th rounder for him??? Man that wasnt too smart hehe

sharkyz15
12-17-2004, 08:06 PM
What are the chances Moncton goes crazy and trades away bernier and/or crawford

plaugher
12-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Why bother? They're number one in the league right now, and arguably don't need to add very much to ensure that they secure that. Of course, the argument can be made that they could get a king's ransom for Bernier and Crawford in building towards potentially hosting the Memorial Cup next year, but there is always the possibility that Bernier could return next year (I doubt it, but who knows if the hackey lackout extends into next season). Crawford and Salvis could potentially be the only impact players they lose for next season, assuming they don't lose anyone to the pro ranks. Salvis is easily replaceable from within, so all they need is a goaltender (and some would argue that Blanchard may not fare too badly next season as that top goalie).

Unless they are looking too far ahead to next year, when they can have a shot at winning it all THIS year, there really is no point to sell the farm now.

luke34e
12-18-2004, 06:30 PM
halifax mooseheads are gonna win the league not moncton

Bruno8
12-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Who's going to get Matt Nickerson from Victo?

sharkyz15
12-18-2004, 10:49 PM
halifax mooseheads are gonna win the league not moncton
I dont think anyone will beat Moncton

they are probably th most "NHL like" team in the Qmjhl.

No weekness and a lot of their youngsters are stepping up.

Halifax is a good team but Moncton is just superier in everyway

actually take that back

Goalie is a wash with Crawford and Churchill

I really hope that Mocton goes to the memorial cup because they would have the best chance against the high powered Knights and the BIG d in the Dub

Beatnik
12-19-2004, 09:43 AM

I would not be surprised if Moncton get beaten by Chicoutimi or Québec.
Rimouski could make some move soon and become a contender, there is talks that Charrette might be traded.

plaugher
12-19-2004, 11:03 AM
I would not be surprised if Moncton get beaten by Chicoutimi or Québec.
Rimouski could make some move soon and become a contender, there is talks that Charrette might be traded.

Rimouski can put up 7 or 8 goals a game, but they can also give up 9 or 10 goals a game. And Moncton has the offensive depth to go goal for goal with the 'Nics.

Quebec, while having potentially the deepest forward crop in the league, has an unproven goalie, and lacks an impact defenseman. If they could make a move for, say Jonathan Paiement (surely a few of those Americans on the roster would be appealing to Lewiston), then they could really be a threat. I'm not convinced in Joyal, yet, though.

Chicoutimi also has great depth up front, and despite being young, they have one of the better defensive units in the league (led by Marcotte, who is arguably the best defenseman in the league), and a combo of Vincent and Verge that is very respectable.

And Crawford/Churchill is not a wash, unfortunately - especially as of late. Churchill has been letting in some soft goals as of late, and that will kill you in the post-season, especially against any of the potent offenses in the league (someone on a different board has made the analogy of Churchill being akin to Roman Cechmanek, wherein he will make the huge saves, and then have a couple of brainfarts at inopportune times). Crawford seemed to be like that in the past - and always had trouble with Halifax in Halifax - but seems to be putting it all together this season. His road shakiness looks like it is gone. If there was one goaltender I would want on my team in the playoffs, it would be Crawford.

LaLaLaprise
12-19-2004, 12:22 PM

actually take that back

Goelie is a wash with Crawford and Churchill

I really hope that Mocton goes to the memorial cup because they would have the best chance against the high powered Knights and the BIG d in the Dub

??

If anything the only advantage Moncton has is in nets.

Halifax has outplayed Moncton in all 3 games and lost 3 1 goal games.

plaugher
12-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Three moves today, on the first day of the Official Trading Period.

The Breton to Val d'Or deal was confirmed.

PEI sent defenseman Julien Beaulieu (who, from all I've spoken to, was badly underachieving) to Drummondville for an 2005 8th rounder.

Speaking of underachievers, Rouyn-Noranda and Shawinigan swapped a pair of them, with St. Louis draft pick, 19-year-old Alexandre Bolduc (33GP, 7-9-16, -4) being sent to the Cataractes for 18-year-old forward Sebastien Gauthier (27GP, 3-8-11, -3).

ZombieMatt
12-20-2004, 11:49 PM
??

If anything the only advantage Moncton has is in nets.

Halifax has outplayed Moncton in all 3 games and lost 3 1 goal games.

I would definitely take the Moncton forward group over the Mooseheads without needing to pause for a second. There is a huge gap between their groups, I believe.

The D is pretty much a wash, maybe an edge the Mooseheads because beyond Saunders and Bartulis, the Cats don't have much going on. Crawford has been brilliant this season, but Churchill has the ability to be equally strong.

sharkyz15
12-21-2004, 12:57 AM
I would definitely take the Moncton forward group over the Mooseheads without needing to pause for a second. There is a huge gap between their groups, I believe.

The D is pretty much a wash, maybe an edge the Mooseheads because beyond Saunders and Bartulis, the Cats don't have much going on. Crawford has been brilliant this season, but Churchill has the ability to be equally strong.
ditto on the offense

I just saw the stats and yea D is probably a wash

mancton 85GA #1
halifax 88GA #2

AS for the week goals for churchill your probably talking about the one vs Bernier in ot to be specific

true if he does continue to allow the cheap ones his team will not make it far in the playoffs

No one has mentioned that Moncton wildcats are winners

they came close last year and now that they are a year older and arguablt better, they have to be the odds on favorite to represent the Q in the mem cup

should be fun tho

plaugher
12-21-2004, 09:54 AM
AS for the week goals for churchill your probably talking about the one vs Bernier in ot to be specific

Not only the Moncton game, but the game against PEI earlier in the week, where he came in in relief of Kennedy. Albeit, he was cold off the bench, he gave up two incredibly weak goals in the 3rd. (But so did Kennedy... and Boutin... and Mior... in that game).

But yeah, that Bernier goal was REAL soft.

And he's been having a real hard time handling the puck, getting caught out of the net a couple of times.The sooner he realizes he isn't Hextall or Brodeur or Giguere with the puck, the better off he's going to be. :D

ZombieMatt
12-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Not only the Moncton game, but the game against PEI earlier in the week, where he came in in relief of Kennedy. Albeit, he was cold off the bench, he gave up two incredibly weak goals in the 3rd. (But so did Kennedy... and Boutin... and Mior... in that game).

But yeah, that Bernier goal was REAL soft.

And he's been having a real hard time handling the puck, getting caught out of the net a couple of times.The sooner he realizes he isn't Hextall or Brodeur or Giguere with the puck, the better off he's going to be. :D

I saw the first 2/3 of that game (PEI vs Halifax) and it was so awful it made me shut off the TV and watch some OHL shlock. ;)

Seriously though, the goalies couldn't have stopped one of those oversized novelty Coke balls they use during the intermission had they tried that day. It was horrendous.

LaLaLaprise
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM

I prefer Halifax's forwards but that is just me. They have only been clickign for half the year and when they are on it is scary.

Moncton has great forwards as well but i just think Halifax more depth within the 3rd and 4th lines.

ZombieMatt
12-21-2004, 03:06 PM
There may be more depth on the 3-4 lines, but I'd rather have any of Bernier, Graham, Pineault, and Karsums all over Vrana, Sparre, Bernier, or whoever else may be considered the Mooshead's top forward.

EDIT: That said, Halifax has a very, very good team, and may be under appreciated for sure. They have the abilityh to make some big noise and pull off the win against anybody come playoff time.

Ticallion961
12-23-2004, 01:21 PM
I hear Saulnier and Sheppard are on the way out of Halifax soon. No source, just word of mouth. Not sure if there is any truth to it, just wondering if anyone else heard anything.

LaLaLaprise
12-23-2004, 01:24 PM
I hear Saulnier and Sheppard are on the way out of Halifax soon. No source, just word of mouth. Not sure if there is any truth to it, just wondering if anyone else heard anything.

If Halifax wants to add Impact players other teams will be asking for Saulnier or Sheppard.

Depends what Halifax will do.

clem22
12-23-2004, 01:40 PM
is there truth to the rumour that moncton is trying to land Sidney Crosby?

LaLaLaprise
12-23-2004, 03:22 PM

Nope.

Labonte dismissed all rumoures and was adamint that Crosby will not be traded under any condition.

Daniel_Tkaczuk
12-29-2004, 09:38 AM

Looks like the Mooseheads could get screwed over because of their depth in youth and vets this season... already Pouliot has stated his intentions to leave and if Saulnier goes that's another blow for the future.

Sheppard needs to go somewhere he can get some experience though. Remember when he was the best player on the Mooseheads early last season?

Me neither. Well, barely.

ZombieMatt
12-31-2004, 05:21 PM

Nada.

Moncton is in the nice position of trying to add a piece of two to make them a Memorial Cup team while still holding on to enough 18 year olds (or younger) to ice a great team next year when they will (almost certainly) host the Memorial Cup.

markov`
01-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Nada.

Moncton is in the nice position of trying to add a piece of two to make them a Memorial Cup team while still holding on to enough 18 year olds (or younger) to ice a great team next year when they will (almost certainly) host the Memorial Cup.

Sheppard would be a good fit IMO.

ZombieMatt
01-02-2005, 07:56 AM

I agree, but there are some issues.

1)How likely is it that he is going to be available on the market?

2)What can Moncton give up that won't hurt them this year or next year? Draft picks? It's not going to be easy for Moncton to pull off any deals.

LaLaLaprise
01-02-2005, 09:36 AM

Which Sheppard?

Daniel_Tkaczuk
01-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Which Sheppard?

I am assuming Kenzie... because there is no chance CB is trading James. But I don't think Kenzie fits in Moncton at all. He needs to go where he'll play.

Judging from his effort in Halifax the past year, he won't play on the top two lines in Moncton. Not a chance.

plaugher
01-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Fairly substantial move today between Drummondville and Rouyn-Noranda:

To DRU:
Philippe Roberge (G-18, 6-7-5, 3.82gaa)
J.-P. Côté (D-18, 31GP, 5-4-9, +3)
2005 6th rounder.

To RN:
Sylvain Michaud (G-19, 11-12-3, 2.71gaa)
2006 5th rounder.

http://www.voltigeurs.ca/

Will be interesting to see what this does to Levasseur's playing time in the second half of the season, as Michaud is a definite upgrade over Roberge.

EDIT: Realized that I had everyone moving to their past team. Oops.

ZombieMatt
01-04-2005, 09:16 AM
I am assuming Kenzie... because there is no chance CB is trading James. But I don't think Kenzie fits in Moncton at all. He needs to go where he'll play.

Judging from his effort in Halifax the past year, he won't play on the top two lines in Moncton. Not a chance.

Honestly, you never really know. Moncton has been constantly changing up their lines all season long. Frankly, the top line of Goulet-Pineault-Bernier with a second line of Karsums-Graham-anyone else (sometimes Pelham, sometimes Salvis, sometimes one of the kids) is probably the best set up.

But lately they've been playing a lot of Bernier-Marchand-Goulet and Karsums-Graham-Pineault.

Theoretically, and I'm not saying I've heard anything to suggest Kenzie would be coming here, I'm just speculating, they COULD bump Karsums down to the third line with Ryan Salvis and Bergeron) and play Kenzie with Graham and Pineault.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can dig anything up from Moncton on Thursday.

plaugher
01-04-2005, 12:42 PM
A minor deal between Halifax and Val d'Or was confirmed yesterday.

To HAL: Austin Corredato (F-19, 36GP 6-7-13, -12)
To VDO: 6th rounder in 2005

Strange move.

Halifax doesn't need more marginal forwards - especially ones that don't play a physical game. They had to affiliate Justin Munden - one of the few who played a consistent physical game - to make room for him.

Link - (also includes league confirmation of Michaud deal) (http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_fr/index.php?page=232&id_nouvelle=604)

Beatnik
01-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Elayoubi to Drummondville for Chamberland

It might be very good for the kid to leave home.

Duff88
01-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Elayoubi to Drummondville for Chamberland

It might be very good for the kid to leave home.

:handclap: We finally got rid of him :handclap:

plaugher
01-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Also, yesterday, Rimouski picked up 20-year-old offensive defenseman Mario Scalzo Jr. from Victoriaville for defensive defenseman Maxime Desrussieux, 19-year-old "enforcer" Alexandre Vachon, anda high pick.

Just what the 'Nics need. Another offensive defenseman. Scalzo is an excellent player, but not what they need (though he came cheaper than I would have expected - I assume there will be some swap at the draft to even things out).

Rimouski now needs three defensive-minded d-men instead of two in order to have a shot.

plaugher
01-05-2005, 03:36 PM
:handclap: We finally got rid of him :handclap:

Haven't seen a town so happy to get rid of a local boy in a while.

Should be interesting to see if Elayoubi can rediscover his skill, confidence and desire free of the pressures of playing at home.

ZombieMatt
01-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Also, yesterday, Rimouski picked up 20-year-old offensive defenseman Mario Scalzo Jr. from Victoriaville for defensive defenseman Maxime Desrussieux, 19-year-old "enforcer" Alexandre Vachon, anda high pick.

Just what the 'Nics need. Another offensive defenseman. Scalzo is an excellent player, but not what they need (though he came cheaper than I would have expected - I assume there will be some swap at the draft to even things out).

Rimouski now needs three defensive-minded d-men instead of two in order to have a shot.

For the record I think this Moncton-Rimouski trade rumour is a bunch of hooey, but MAYBE, Scalzo may be involved in those trade talks along with Caron.

I really don't know, I'm just trying to piece rumours together with deals that don't seem to make any sense.

Bruno8
01-06-2005, 08:52 AM
All I really want to know is who'll get Matt Nickerson.

Moncton?
Halifax?
Rimouski?
Quebec?

clem22
01-06-2005, 01:24 PM
look for moncton to land sidney crosby.... from a credible source, the deal wasnt announced yet due to sidney being in north dakota.
Irving was @ at the worlds.....we could also see Chris Bourque there before the end of the year.

Jason MacIsaac
01-07-2005, 04:05 AM
Richards is gone from CB for an 8th and Proteau for a 6th,,,,I guess Dube is back up with the Eagles :)

LaLaLaprise
01-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Richards is gone from CB for an 8th and Proteau for a 6th,,,,I guess Dube is back up with the Eagles :)

Not Dube...he is stayin gin MAAA.

They signed a 17 year old kid from ONT JR A. Davenport. 6'03 190, good numbers.

Jason MacIsaac
01-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Not Dube...he is stayin gin MAAA.

They signed a 17 year old kid from ONT JR A. Davenport. 6'03 190, good numbers.
Yea I read that in the paper 20 minutes after my original post. Houle will start alot though.

PEli*
01-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Yea I read that in the paper 20 minutes after my original post. Houle will start alot though.

If he doesn't get traded, he will.

Jason MacIsaac
01-07-2005, 12:12 PM
If he doesn't get traded, he will.
Eagles just traded their backup Proteau, I don't think there is anyway they would trade Houle who is by far their best player. That would leave them with Davenport as their starter.

PEli*
01-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Eagles just traded their backup Proteau, I don't think there is anyway they would trade Houle who is by far their best player. That would leave them with Davenport as their starter.

Not if they traded for another young goaltender.

I don't think Houle will remain in CB if younger assets are offered.

Duff88
01-08-2005, 11:55 AM
The deadline has passed, there will probably be a few trades announced in the next hours, here are some of the last deals :

Val d'Or trades Vladimir Kutny to Bathurst for a 4th round pick in 2006
Chicoutimi trades Gabriel Houde-Brisson to Victoriaville for Justin Bélanger
Victoriaville trades Jeremy Duschenes to Halifax for a 5th ronud pick in 2006
Victoriaville trades Tommy Lafontaine and GAT's 5th round pick to Bathurst for Nicolas Laplante.
Halifax trades Justin Munden to Rouyn-Noranda for a 6th round pick
P.E.I trades Jonathan Boutin to Quebec for Louis-Philippe Lachance, Jean-François Bernard & a 2nd round pick
Quebec trades Nathan Welton to Moncton for Guillaume Veilleux, Sebastien Bernier and a 1st & 4th round pick in 2006
Lewiston trades Travis Mealy and a 6th round pick for Sébastien Piché and a 10th round pick
Gatineau trades Gary Boch to Drummondville for a 5th round pick
Moncton trades Luke Pelham to Gatineau for a 3rd round pick

MontrealSF
01-08-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm surprised that Nickerson wasn't traded !

plaugher
01-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Biggest deals of the day involved the Remparts...

Roy got a king's ransom for Welton. Two young defensemen that can step in for their departed d-men, PLUS two high picks, from Moncton, for something that wasn't high on their priority list for this season. Welton will be a big help anchoring the powerplay next season, but this season, his services aren't direly needed. Still, a good pick-up for Moncton, but at what a cost.

Then, Roy goes out and picks up Jonathan Boutin from PEI. Joyal has been impressive thus far this season since Filiatrault got moved, so this move - and the price in Lachance, Bernard, and a 2nd - just doesn't add up. Hose Moncton, then get hosed by PEI. Who knows.

All in all, not the most exciting of trade deadlines... you have to get the feeling that if one team made a big move, then everyone else would have been trying to play catch-up, and things would have gotten really interesting.

Maybe next year.

Bruno8
01-09-2005, 08:08 AM
I'm surprised that Nickerson wasn't traded !

Me too. Victo must have been asking way too much. It's foolish on Victo's part because I don't believe he'll be back next year. Why not get some draft picks
and/or young players for him? That's why Victoriaville is Victoriaville.

Chootoi
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM
look for moncton to land sidney crosby.... from a credible source, the deal wasnt announced yet due to sidney being in north dakota.
Irving was @ at the worlds.....we could also see Chris Bourque there before the end of the year.

look for moncton to land crosby at the draft. Robert Irving is most likely going to buy Crosby and take good care of him and his fam as long as he plays junior next year (it would be a conditional thing though if there's no NHL... this would be to keep him from going to Europe). this comes from very credible sources. I know it's pretty much official anyways, but Robert Irving has bought the Mem Cup. as for chris bourque, everyone knows the bourque family has relatives in the area so that plus some Irving backed bonuses could be enough to secure him too in time for next season.

User571
01-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Was it a good move for Drummondville to pick up Roberge? I can understand why R.N. moved him considering they have JP Levasseur for the future.
So how much time do you guys think Roberge will get? I also wanted to know what you guys thought about him skill-wise. I dont really get a chance to watch the Q at all since I live in the US, but I like to try and keep up.

LaLaLaprise
01-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Was it a good move for Drummondville to pick up Roberge? I can understand why R.N. moved him considering they have JP Levasseur for the future.
So how much time do you guys think Roberge will get? I also wanted to know what you guys thought about him skill-wise. I dont really get a chance to watch the Q at all since I live in the US, but I like to try and keep up.

PO Pelletier is the guy in Drum.

Also JP Cote was a bit part of the deal. He is a solid defensmen.