Getting your name stitched on your gloves

Accord
12-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Has anyone here had their names stitched onto the cuff of their gloves?

I went to an embroidery shop today with my Eagle X70i's and they said that they can't do it because the cuff of the glove is too thick. It seems like the only way to have it done would be to disassemble the cuff on the glove and have them embroider just the leather part, and then reassemble it.

Lard_Lad
12-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, you could pick up one of these (http://www.ediscountwholesalers.com/children/nsi/fashion/07_8000_bedazzler_rhine_lg.jpg). Because hey, if you're going to start adding embroidery to your equipment, might as well go all out.

Accord
12-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Well, you could pick up one of these (http://www.ediscountwholesalers.com/children/nsi/fashion/07_8000_bedazzler_rhine_lg.jpg). Because hey, if you're going to start adding embroidery to your equipment, might as well go all out.
:lol

mazmin
12-17-2004, 08:27 PM
^ Nice avatar. What's the team name... The DeFuniak Springs Roller *****'s?

I can't believe you're not allowed to say *****.

(female toy: a vibrating device that substitutes for an erect...)

Frank Drebin
12-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Has anyone here had their names stitched onto the cuff of their gloves?

I went to an embroidery shop today with my Eagle X70i's and they said that they can't do it because the cuff of the glove is too thick. It seems like the only way to have it done would be to disassemble the cuff on the glove and have them embroider just the leather part, and then reassemble it.

I would think that would be the case....You'd almost have to custom order them.

Anthony*
12-17-2004, 10:18 PM
the manufacturer does it

BCCHL inactive
12-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Just thought I would chime in with my opinion on the subject.

Unless you're playing elite hockey, or for a team where all players are having their names stitched on their gloves, I think it is a rather cocky thing to do. It would be like me putting a WHL or NHL sticker on my helmet when I haven't been on the ice for a league game higher than the BCHL as an official.

Just my two cents.

IkeaMonkey*
12-18-2004, 01:20 AM

Unless you're playing elite hockey, or for a team where all players are having their names stitched on their gloves, I think it is a rather cocky thing to do. It would be like me putting a WHL or NHL sticker on my helmet when I haven't been on the ice for a league game higher than the BCHL as an official.

Just my two cents.

Thats exactly how I see it. There's no need to be a beer leaguer with your name on your gear like a pro. You'd look like a total doofus.

Accord
12-18-2004, 03:32 AM
^ Nice avatar. What's the team name... The DeFuniak Springs Roller *****'s?

I can't believe you're not allowed to say *****.

(female toy: a vibrating device that substitutes for an erect...)
New Jersey Bullets, they were a team back when the RHI existed, lol. Greatest logo ever...

Accord
12-18-2004, 03:38 AM

Just my two cents.

A bunch of people in my league have custom gloves with their names stitched on, it's nothing like putting an NHL logo on a helmet in a local beer league. I see nothing wrong with putting my own name on my gloves, it's not like my jersey number is #99 and i'm the cockiest SOB in my league, lol.

Speaking of NHL logo's on equipment, all of the new Reebok/RBK gloves, skates, and other equipment has NHL logo's on them that can't be removed... they're turning into Franklin or something. I'm staying away from the RBK equipment so long as it's got the NHL logo all over it.

I know that you're a ref... have you heard of Pierre Racicot? He's an NHL ref and plays in my same beer league :D.

devilsfan26
12-18-2004, 09:01 AM
New Jersey Bullets, they were a team back when the RHI existed, lol. Greatest logo ever...

Are you sure they played in RHI? They were in MLRH (Major League Roller Hockey) up until this season, though. They played their home games at the same rink I play at, as a matter of fact.

I get all kinds of funny looks whenever I wear my NJ Bullets t-shirt. :lol

IkeaMonkey*
12-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Speaking of NHL logo's on equipment, all of the new Reebok/RBK gloves, skates, and other equipment has NHL logo's on them that can't be removed... they're turning into Franklin or something. I'm staying away from the RBK equipment so long as it's got the NHL logo all over it.

Shouldnt come as a suprise at all since all they are doing is taking the Jofa equipment and throwing a Reebok logo on it. So yes, its going to have the NHL shield.

BCCHL inactive
12-18-2004, 02:38 PM
A bunch of people in my league have custom gloves with their names stitched on, it's nothing like putting an NHL logo on a helmet in a local beer league. I see nothing wrong with putting my own name on my gloves, it's not like my jersey number is #99 and i'm the cockiest SOB in my league, lol.

Please don't take offence to this, but you're in South Florida. Getting your gloves customized might be no big deal down there. That being said, if you were to do it on your own up here, it would make you an instant target.

It Kills Me
12-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Getting your gloves embroidered? Kinda girly don't you think?

IkeaMonkey*
12-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Getting your gloves embroidered? Kinda girly don't you think?

Meh, it's mostly done by the hot dogs in the league. Guys who light up high school/juniors then go to beer leagues and think they are amazing after beating a bunch of average players.

canadahockeygirl*
12-19-2004, 11:25 AM
My name is on the stuff I'm having custom done for me, and hopefully in a non-obnoxious place. I didn't ask for it, but from what I understand it's one of the perks of paying too much for things to fit you correctly.

IkeaMonkey*
12-19-2004, 01:03 PM
My name is on the stuff I'm having custom done for me, and hopefully in a non-obnoxious place. I didn't ask for it, but from what I understand it's one of the perks of paying too much for things to fit you correctly.

Naw, it's different for goalies. The majority of goalies I know all have their name on their gear.

It Kills Me
12-19-2004, 01:19 PM
I just remembered, I have my name etched onto my jock.

Accord
12-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Please don't take offence to this, but you're in South Florida. Getting your gloves customized might be no big deal down there. That being said, if you were to do it on your own up here, it would make you an instant target.
I lived and played most of my life in Amherst, NY. I have not been living in Florida for very long.

Guys wearing $500 Synergy skates and using $200+ OPS sticks in beer leagues is a lot worse than having your name stitched on your gloves, at least in my opinion.

BCCHL inactive
12-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Guys wearing $500 Synergy skates and using $200+ OPS sticks in beer leagues is a lot worse than having your name stitched on your gloves, at least in my opinion.

I disagree. If you have the money to buy a nice stick, why not? The only problem I have with one-piece sticks, is parents buying them for their under-13 kids.

With skates, if you want to feel comfortable, you gotta go with the skate that fits best, regardless of the price. If you can't afford expensive skates in one shot, there is nothing wrong with saving up or putting a pair on layaway. I've heard the, "you can get a perfectly good pair of skates for $200" routine. It is simply wrong. The cheaper skates might fit nice, but they won't last near as long as the more expensive pair. With skates, you get what you pay for.

And I agree with the above. Goaltenders are the exception. If they're spending $250+ on just one glove, it should include personalization.

Accord
12-20-2004, 12:42 AM
I disagree. If you have the money to buy a nice stick, why not? The only problem I have with one-piece sticks, is parents buying them for their under-13 kids.

With skates, if you want to feel comfortable, you gotta go with the skate that fits best, regardless of the price. If you can't afford expensive skates in one shot, there is nothing wrong with saving up or putting a pair on layaway. I've heard the, "you can get a perfectly good pair of skates for $200" routine. It is simply wrong. The cheaper skates might fit nice, but they won't last near as long as the more expensive pair. With skates, you get what you pay for.

And I agree with the above. Goaltenders are the exception. If they're spending $250+ on just one glove, it should include personalization.

What about a player spending ~$220 on a pair of Eagle H34 gloves? I know if I ever spent that much money on gloves, player or goalie, i'd want some sort of personalization.

I'm probably not going to get my name put on my gloves, it will be too much of a hassle to get it done and it seems the only way for me to do this would be to send them back to Eagle and have them take the cuff apart to do it.

Also, HockeyMonkey is selling CCM Pro Tacks for only $219 right now, so yes, you can get a pair of quality top of the line skates in the $200 range. Though, it's a special holiday sale and HM is the only place selling them that cheap.

IkeaMonkey*
12-20-2004, 01:26 AM
What about a player spending ~$220 on a pair of Eagle H34 gloves? I know if I ever spent that much money on gloves, player or goalie, i'd want some sort of personalization.

If you are willing to spend $50 more than most stores retail them for, they should be made of gold.

Also, HockeyMonkey is selling CCM Pro Tacks for only $219 right now, so yes, you can get a pair of quality top of the line skates in the $200 range. Though, it's a special holiday sale and HM is the only place selling them that cheap.

You are comparing one product, from one store to the overall market. You have a tiny point, but what if your foot does not fit a CCM boot? Then there is no possible way for you to get $200 current top of the line skates.

Accord
12-20-2004, 01:40 AM
If you are willing to spend $50 more than most stores retail them for, they should be made of gold.

~$170 + $50 for the special anti-microbial treatment/lining = $220.

Smart Alek
12-20-2004, 05:21 AM

I just don't understand why you would want 'personalization.'

You aren't a professional hockey player... so why would anybody care what your name is?

Toonces
12-20-2004, 08:13 AM

Absolutely.

I have to buy top end Bauers, or the skates will last two months on me, if that. I'm 6'3, 240 pounds, and when I skate 3-4 times a week with my College club team I break down even $400 skates very quickly.

Spend whatever you can afford on equipment, because it's worth it.

As for the gloves, I don't even like my name on the back of my jersey, let alone stitched to my cuffs. It's not my call however.

It Kills Me
12-20-2004, 08:52 AM

I'd say that whatever improves you game. Your playing for the fun of it, if a 200 dollar stick makes you average. Then go for it, if you have the money.

The Old Master
12-20-2004, 08:54 AM
a sharpie works well! and its cheep.

canadahockeygirl*
12-20-2004, 04:28 PM

I'm not picking on you Accord, but at the recreational or any level under pro (and even then), do players really need $220 gloves? What do they offer that the cheaper gloves don't? When I skate out I have used both and actually prefer the cheap ones-- they felt the exact same to me and both have lasted the same amount of time. It seems kind of frivolous to me. Had it not been for the broken bones I've suffered in my hands because they're too small for adult padding, I wouldn't have ever spent what I did on a new glove and blocker.

If you buy an expensive stick and skate like my 3 year old cousin, you're still not going to be a super star in your league. And what good is a slapshot that's 10 mph faster if you can't hit the net regardless? So I don't buy the idea that expensive equipment makes you better.

Missionhockey
12-20-2004, 04:40 PM

It always made me laugh when you see people that spent 500$ on all of their equipment, and can barely skate. IMO, you start with beginner gear and work your way up to more advanced equipment. For instance, if you started hockey 3 monthes ago, and can barely take a wrist shot don't buy a Mission M-1 or a Synergy Grip.

Accord
12-20-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm not picking on you Accord, but at the recreational or any level under pro (and even then), do players really need $220 gloves? What do they offer that the cheaper gloves don't? When I skate out I have used both and actually prefer the cheap ones-- they felt the exact same to me and both have lasted the same amount of time. It seems kind of frivolous to me. Had it not been for the broken bones I've suffered in my hands because they're too small for adult padding, I wouldn't have ever spent what I did on a new glove and blocker.

If you buy an expensive stick and skate like my 3 year old cousin, you're still not going to be a super star in your league. And what good is a slapshot that's 10 mph faster if you can't hit the net regardless? So I don't buy the idea that expensive equipment makes you better.

I don't use $220 gloves, I was just using that as an example, I never said expensive equipment makes you better.

I do not wear expensive equipment aside from my 8090 skates and my Eagle X70 gloves. Almost everything else is low end stuff like my 652 helmet, cheapo low end shoulder pads, cheapo low end elbow pads, etc. Infact, I prefer most low end shoulder pads, elbow pads, etc. over expensive ones because low end ones tend to be less bulky and still offering decent protection. I have used wooden sticks for the past 10 years up until recently when I decided to spend 95 bucks on a Mission M2 shaft and using the same blade pattern, lie, etc. that I used with wooden sticks I find it's a little tougher to stick handle because I don't really have a good feel for the puck like I do when I use woodies.

IkeaMonkey*
12-20-2004, 05:35 PM
I don't use $220 gloves, I was just using that as an example, I never said expensive equipment makes you better.

I do not wear expensive equipment aside from my 8090 skates and my Eagle X70 gloves. Almost everything else is low end stuff like my 652 helmet, cheapo low end shoulder pads, cheapo low end elbow pads, etc. Infact, I prefer most low end shoulder pads, elbow pads, etc. over expensive ones because low end ones tend to be less bulky and still offering decent protection. I have used wooden sticks for the past 10 years up until recently when I decided to spend 95 bucks on a Mission M2 shaft and using the same blade pattern, lie, etc. that I used with wooden sticks I find it's a little tougher to stick handle because I don't really have a good feel for the puck like I do when I use woodies.

So you'd much rather protect your hands and feet more than say...your legs, neck and head??

luke34e
12-20-2004, 09:32 PM
mane hokeEgoalie would you just leave no one wants to listen to you be a smart a** about everything, get a life

IkeaMonkey*
12-20-2004, 09:42 PM
mane hokeEgoalie would you just leave no one wants to listen to you be a smart a** about everything, get a life

;)

jfont
12-20-2004, 10:50 PM
hokegoalie and luke34e,

knock off the personal chatter and hash it out via PM...

IkeaMonkey*
12-20-2004, 10:54 PM
hokegoalie and luke34e,

knock off the personal chatter and hash it out via PM...

Um yea, hi jfont, I did not ask to speak to him nor did I address him. I have stayed on topic, if I do recall...

Accord
12-20-2004, 11:43 PM
So you'd much rather protect your hands and feet more than say...your legs, neck and head??
You're acting like i'm playing with no pads at all, the equipment that i'm using is more than sufficient. First you criticize me for expensive equipment, now you're criticizing me for not enough equipment! I think you care very little about the type of equipment I use and you're more or less just looking for an argument. I've seen you doing this in threads with other people too, you just make little sarcastic comments with negative undertons which ends up really getting under the skin of other people, yet you always act like the good guy that never did anything wrong just because you didn't come and flat out flame them.

Ah well, i'll try and make the best of it :).

IkeaMonkey*
12-20-2004, 11:47 PM
You're acting like i'm playing with no pads at all, the equipment that i'm using is more than sufficient. First you criticize me for expensive equipment, now you're criticizing me for not enough equipment! I think you care very little about the type of equipment I use and you're more or less just looking for an argument. I've seen you doing this in threads with other people too, you just make little sarcastic comments with negative undertons which ends up really getting under the skin of other people, yet you always act like the good guy that never did anything wrong just because you didn't come and flat out flame them.

No, I just think its funny when guys blow $170 on a pair of gloves, $400 on skates, then wear Franklinesque shin pads and sherwood shoulder pads.They then take an 80 MPH slapper to the shin, shattering the shin pad and breaking their leg.

Also, if you werent stating flat out lies in the "stick tape" thread, I wouldnt have to be such a "meanie".

jfont
12-20-2004, 11:53 PM
well thats it for this thread...

closed.