Which NBA teams will be top 5 in 3-4 years...

Dark Knight
12-29-2004, 03:06 AM
I predict. ( Not in order )

--Cleveland -- with james, sky is the limit.
--Toronto -- building a team around Bosh. I think they have 4 first rd. picks in 2 years...letting go of rose will free a ton of space which in turn can let us bring more youth and energy.
--Chicago -- Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Curry...another young and pumped team to watch out for.
--Washington -- Look for Arenas to be one of the top PGs in the league. With Hughes, Jamison and decent drafting...they will surely compete.
--Miami -- Wade, Wright, Jones...and with Shaq now...they will be unstoppable. He'll probably be signed to a contract extention by the end of the season.

Declining Team --
--Lakers -- i dont see this team doing anything in the future. It was all about Shaq/Kobe...and with Shaq gone its just too much of a burden for Kobe to carry. Im not saying he wont carry it...but its unlikely.

Improved Team--
1. Bobcats -- Yes! Bobcats...I think Okafor is going to be another legit leader in the lines of Duncan and Garnett. ( not as talented maybe, but similar style )...a 20 point per game, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks...and with losing records in the first two years...they should be able to draft good.

Fish on The Sand
12-29-2004, 03:08 AM
what about the suns. Marion and Staudamire are still young, as is Johnson. Not sure on Richardson's age, but he can't be that old. Nash is getting up there, and who knows how good he'll be in 4 years. In all likelyhood he will have declined somewhat,, but if Staudamire continues to develop as he is, they will be more of a lakers style team that operates from the big man not the point.

Dark Knight
12-29-2004, 03:11 AM
what about the suns. Marion and Staudamire are still young, as is Johnson. Not sure on Richardson's age, but he can't be that old. Nash is getting up there, and who knows how good he'll be in 4 years. In all likelyhood he will have declined somewhat,, but if Staudamire continues to develop as he is, they will be more of a lakers style team that operates from the big man not the point.

I never thought of that, my mistake. You're right...Suns are definitely going to be up there. How can i forget??!! :amazed: Quentin Richardson is one of my favorite players.I think i need to sleep. But what do you think of the other teams i mentioned?

Ajacied
12-29-2004, 03:21 AM
In 3 years, Tim Duncan will be 30, Manu 29 and Parker will be around 24. The Spurs will contend for several seasons, especially if they keep finding draft steals like they do (Manu, Parker, Udrih, Scola).

Safir*
12-29-2004, 04:57 AM
Improved Team--
1. Bobcats -- Yes! Bobcats...I think Okafor is going to be another legit leader in the lines of Duncan and Garnett. ( not as talented maybe, but similar style )...a 20 point per game, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks...and with losing records in the first two years...they should be able to draft good.

Okafor is an awesome leader and one of those players that the NBA needs very badly. Did y'all knew that it took him only three years to get his diploma and not the usual four years? In two to three years Okafor is good for not only for 10 rebounds/ game, but for 12-15 rebound/ game. I strongly believe that he's that good.

The team will pick in the Top5 or even Top7 next year and will hopefully walk out with the next star player (eg Paul.) Heck it took the Lightning three years from worst to best.

Chaos
12-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Mavs will stil be very solid in 3 years...Dirk will only be 29, Finley 34, Terry 30(although likely gone since he has 2 years on his contract), Harris 24, Dampier 32, Daniels 26, Howard 27, Stackhouse 33, and the Russian Podkolzin will be 22. Thats an awful lot of talent to have around ith a GM like Nelson who loves to pull off big trades. This team will be very good for quite a while.

PredsFan77*
12-29-2004, 07:02 PM
screw the bobcats

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Mavs will stil be very solid in 3 years...Dirk will only be 29, Finley 34, Terry 30(although likely gone since he has 2 years on his contract), Harris 24, Dampier 32, Daniels 26, Howard 27, Stackhouse 33, and the Russian Podkolzin will be 22. Thats an awful lot of talent to have around ith a GM like Nelson who loves to pull off big trades. This team will be very good for quite a while. That's nothing really special. Spare for Dirk and perhaps Howard, none of those players are guaranteed starters 3 years down the road.

IkeaMonkey*
12-29-2004, 07:42 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOO MAVS!!!!!!!

(I know absolutely nothing about the NBA. Dirk is my boy though.)

Chaos
12-29-2004, 07:55 PM
That's nothing really special. Spare for Dirk and perhaps Howard, none of those players are guaranteed starters 3 years down the road.

Then you don't know much about those players. Finley will be 34...still starting. Daniels is the same guy who finished in the top 10(I want to say 4th, but I think thats wrong) in ROY voting last year, after going undrafted. He'll be starting in 3 years. Stackhouse is a career 20 ppg guy. If Finley is still around, and he is still around, he'll still be coming off the bench. Chances are either him or Finley will be gone in 3 years however. And Harris will be our starting PG by then...he was picked 5th overall for a reason(he also broke Finley's scoring record at Wisconsin).

IkeaMonkey*
12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Then you don't know much about those players. Finley will be 34...still starting. Daniels is the same guy who finished in the top 10(I want to say 4th, but I think thats wrong) in ROY voting last year, after going undrafted. He'll be starting in 3 years. Stackhouse is a career 20 ppg guy. If Finley is still around, and he is still around, he'll still be coming off the bench. Chances are either him or Finley will be gone in 3 years however. And Harris will be our starting PG by then...he was picked 5th overall for a reason(he also broke Finley's scoring record at Wisconsin).

And we got the biggest, most important X factor in the NBA...Marc Cuban! Cubes will keep the team competitive forever.

Chaos
12-29-2004, 08:03 PM
And we got the biggest, most important X factor in the NBA...Marc Cuban! Cubes will keep the team competitive forever.

Exactly...with Cuban and Nelson around, this team will stay good for quite a while.

MontrealCruiser_83*
12-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Finley will probably be a 6th/7th man three years down the road. Stackhouse is on the downside of his career. As for Harris, plenty of players get picked early on and don't pan out. I'm not saying that he won't, but it's a little pre-mature to assume that he'll be a starter. In Daniels' case, plenty of players put up those type of numbers at his age only to fade out a little later. The only locks on Dallas are Howard and Nowitzki.

tripledekehockey
12-29-2004, 10:00 PM
cavs, suns, spurs still, heat, mavs

Gibsons Finest
12-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Finley will probably be a 6th/7th man three years down the road. Stackhouse is on the downside of his career. As for Harris, plenty of players get picked early on and don't pan out. I'm not saying that he won't, but it's a little pre-mature to assume that he'll be a starter. In Daniels' case, plenty of players put up those type of numbers at his age only to fade out a little later. The only locks on Dallas are Howard and Nowitzki.

Finley will probably still be starting 3 years down the road, as he's very durable(although, he has been getting injured lately). Harris took the starter's job from Jason Terry in his rookie year. Chances are, he'll be starting as soon as next year. Daniels is a very good player, even in his sophomore year, and will likely start soon. Howard and Disco Dirk will obviously be starting down the road, and Dampier will still be on the team. Podkolzin may also be starter later down the road, and you never know who they'll draft and pick up via free agency in 3 years. Nellie and Cuban like making big trades(over the past two off-seasons, they've made 4), and will keep this team competitive as long as possible.

canuck293
12-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Raptors will be great if Babcock plays his cards right and the draft is favourable to them.

Lessy
01-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Cavaliers, Spurs, Suns will all be very strong in five years.