Wildcats add 2 defencemen (not a trade)

ZombieMatt
01-04-2005, 12:26 PM
http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/jan_3_05_en.htm

Not a huge deal, but considering this is the weakness of the team its noteworthy.

Interesting to see what this means for Luke Pelham in particular.

plaugher
01-04-2005, 12:33 PM
It probably means "game over" for Pelham with Moncton.

Someone can probably use him, though. Not much skill, but hits like mad.

Wonder if the Caron return sets up his (Caron's) trade? Probably not, as Moncton could certainly use him.

The Hankins pickup must be for the future, because I see no chance of him cracking the lineup this year. But then, he's already 18 and hasn't proved anything. If he can crack Moncton's lineup now, then Moncton has bigger problems than I envisioned.

ZombieMatt
01-04-2005, 01:59 PM
That's just it. Ryan Salvis is not going anywhere. His father was recently hired to be a part of the Memorial Cup Bid/Organizing team, so he's obviously in the plans.

Pelham's missed much of the season with his broken leg, but he's a HUUUGE fan favourite in Moncton so the organization knows that moving him is going to probably have a few people writing angry letters.

I don't think Moncton can afford to not play Caron. I suspect they want his big size to play with JS Adam, and that should be a pretty good pairing, and it'll let Adam, whose been bound to his own zone all season, roam around a little more, which he seems to want to do.

5iveforfighting
01-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Ryan Salvis has been added to the Lincoln Stars (USHL) roster.

Chootoi
01-14-2005, 07:19 AM
they've claimed Ian Girard off waivers from Quebec, probably to replace graham until he's back.

funny how they got just Caron back, and he got injured in a freak accident, slipping on ice in the parking lot. they trade Luke Pelham and release ryan salvis, and bruce graham breaks his leg. now they have to claim a guy off waivers to fill his spot.

from surplus to needy.