NBA DRAFT 2005. Who do you want?

Dark Knight
01-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Toronto gets two picks in the draft. Needs- SF, PG, or a SG ( In my opinion )

As a Toronto fan...we are definitely in need of a dependable PG who can really help while coming off the bench. I go with Jarret Jack.
1. From G-Tech- Close friend of Chris Bosh
2. Strong, can score, pass...one of the top point guards in the draft.

There are soo many other options i cant even think of anyone else..

What do you guys think?

hockeyfan125
01-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Is Chris Paul eligible for the draft?

Dark Knight
01-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes he is. He'll probably go in the Top 4. The first PG taken is going to be Paul.

Tuggy
01-08-2005, 03:22 PM
I would like to see the Raptors get themselves a scorer. Someone in the backcourt that can help take pressure off of Bosh.

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Wayne Simien.

Lessy
01-08-2005, 03:43 PM
I'd like Chris Paul or Chris Taft. I'd definitely prefer Paul though, a good backcourt scorer. A good site for this type of thing is http://www.nbadraft.net

Chaos
01-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Mavs only have a 2nd round pick this year, so I'm hoping for Isma'il Muhammad- Decent defender and an absolute highlight reel dunker. Terrific athlete who would maybe learn to shoot a few years down the line.

Leeroy Jenkins
01-08-2005, 04:55 PM
How many first-round picks to we have in the upcoming draft?

Dark Knight
01-08-2005, 06:05 PM
How many first-round picks to we have in the upcoming draft?

We got two as of right now...We'll get the third one if Clippers make it to the playoffs.

Leeroy Jenkins
01-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Be any chance do you know what positions we'll be selecting from?

Dark Knight
01-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Be any chance do you know what positions we'll be selecting from?

It all depends what we finish in. We'll have a top 10 pick for sure from the way we're playing. Im guessing ( 6-8 ).

Teemu
01-09-2005, 02:16 AM
We don't have a first round pick, but if we could nab Luther Head in the second, I'd be thrilled.

TVanek26*
01-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Andray Blatche for the Magic.

leafaholix*
01-09-2005, 03:39 AM
We got two as of right now...We'll get the third one if Clippers make it to the playoffs.Wrong.

We have our pick, likely a top 8 pick.

And Philly's pick, which is top 8 protected, right now it's around #11. If Allen Iverson goes down due to injury for an extended period of time, it'll drop... :D

If Philly finishes in the bottom 8, we don't get their pick. It'll drop to a 2006 pick.

A few players I'd like...

Jarret Jack
Marvin Williams Jr.
Josh Boone
Rashad McCants

Ajacied
01-09-2005, 05:14 AM
Just like every year, a no-name-European..

Galiza_Rules
01-09-2005, 06:33 AM
Two spanish are projected top 20 picks, Fran Vazquez (C) (From Galiza :handclap: , playing in unicaja) and Rudy Fernández (SF) (playing in Joventut) plus Tiago Splitter (PF), Brazilian but playing in Spain (TAU)

Tuggy
01-09-2005, 11:35 AM
A few players I'd like...

Jarret Jack
Marvin Williams Jr.
Josh Boone
Rashad McCants

McCants :bow:

Ohh would I love to see the Raps get their hands on him!

in the hall
01-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Darryl Hill SJU

It Kills Me
01-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Chris Paul, with our pick.
Jerret Jack, with Philly (assuming they end up somewhere like 9th)

I think we can get Jack later on, but Im not too sure.

leafaholix*
01-09-2005, 03:24 PM
There's a guy named Adam Morrison from Gonzaga, rising stock.

Pure scoring machine.

Dark Knight
01-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Im a big fan of Jarret Jack. I think Toronto should definitely take him. He has more talent and scoring ability than Raymond Felton. And he's a great friend of Bosh, it will work out perfect.

Another guy i like is Josh Boone. But for now...i have my heart set on Jarret Jack. From the other pick im not sure...

leafaholix*
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
I want Jarrett Jack as well. It would be great for Bosh... they're best friends. May help in the locking up of Bosh longterm, though I don't think that'll be a problem.

Cerebral
01-09-2005, 05:22 PM
There's a guy named Adam Morrison from Gonzaga, rising stock.

Pure scoring machine.
I'm not a big fan of Morrison... I've been watching him closely of late due to the extreme hype and he just seems a bit awkward to me. He's putting up some pretty decent stats but I'm not sold on his game translating to the NBA level.

I'd definitely take Gay if he's available. He's a tremendous leaper, has great size (6'8) and has the potential to be a franchise guy at the 3. Marvin Williams is another guy I'd look at for the 3 spot. I'm a big Duke fan so I'm not allowed to like him (North Carolina = :shakehead ) but he looks to be a really solid player as well. They'll both likely go very early in the draft if they make themselves available but either one would be a solid choice. Gerald Green is another potential guy but he's really raw from what I've heard and has a long way to go before he'll be an impact player. Joey Graham from Oklahoma State could be another good choice but I'm still not sure if he'll be a solid NBA guy.

Julius Hodge could be a potential steal in the second round if he slips that far. He's a jack-of-all trades like Josh Howard with Dallas but his attitude is a bit questionable. He's also extremely skinny but he really fills up the stat sheet.

I really like Gilchrist at point and I'm hoping the Raptors grab him over Jack if he's available. He is a great scoring guard and is pretty good at distributing the ball as well. Jack is solid but I like Gilchrist a tad more...

There are a lot of solid point guards in the draft

Cerebral
01-09-2005, 05:24 PM
I think Toronto should definitely take him. He has more talent and scoring ability than Raymond Felton. And he's a great friend of Bosh, it will work out perfect.

Another guy i like is Josh Boone. But for now...i have my heart set on Jarret Jack. From the other pick im not sure...
I don't think Jack has more talent that Felton. Raymond Felton is unbelievably quick and his shooting is much improved this season.

I like Josh Boone as well but I'm not exactly sure where he'd fit with the Raptors. He's either an undersized C or a back-to-the-basket PF which the Raptors don't really need. I think the Raptors should grab a solid SF and PG in this draft...

Dark Knight
01-09-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't think Jack has more talent that Felton. Raymond Felton is unbelievably quick and his shooting is much improved this season.

I like Josh Boone as well but I'm not exactly sure where he'd fit with the Raptors. He's either an undersized C or a back-to-the-basket PF which the Raptors don't really need. I think the Raptors should grab a solid SF and PG in this draft...

Gilchrist is good. I saw him against NC and he was the only player in his team actually doing something. i mentioned Jarret Jack because 1. he is talented, one of the better point guards out there. 2. close ties to Bosh.

I agree..i think we should get a SF in the draft. Which are the better ones out there?

Cerebral
01-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Gilchrist is good. I saw him against NC and he was the only player in his team actually doing something. i mentioned Jarret Jack because 1. he is talented, one of the better point guards out there. 2. close ties to Bosh.

I agree..i think we should get a SF in the draft. Which are the better ones out there?
Jack is definitely a talented point guard. Felton, Jack, Paul, Williams and Gilchrist all appear to be pretty solid guys so the Raptors should end up with someone pretty good if they choose to grab a guard. Jack does have the added bonus of being good friends with Bosh and he's also the tallest of the top point guards which is another good thing. I'm a little higher on Gilchrist (he has a ridiculous cross-over and took out Duke singlehandedly last year with Maryland) but I wouldn't be disappointed with Jack.

Well, the two SF's that I really like are Marvin Williams and Rudy Gay. They're both uber-athletes and can work down low as well as outside. Gerald Green is a HS player that appears to be fairly similar type of player but he apparently has a questionable attitude and work ethic - I've personally never seen him play.

There are also some pretty talented NCAA SF's coming out this year though in Jawad Williams (he's a little soft for me), Joey Graham, Ryan Gomes and Julius Hodge. A potential sleeper is UCLA senior Dijon Thompson... I've always liked his game for some reason and he's played pretty well this season in spurts.

Bruinaholic
01-09-2005, 09:15 PM
We don't have a first round pick, but if we could nab Luther Head in the second, I'd be thrilled.

The coolest thing about the prospect of having a player w/ that name is that anytime in the game when hes on the bench everyone can chant "we want Head" :lol

Dark Knight
01-09-2005, 10:13 PM
The coolest thing about the prospect of having a player w/ that name is that anytime in the game when hes on the bench everyone can chant "we want Head" :lol

:lol: :lol :lol: :lol

Teemu
01-10-2005, 03:16 AM

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't said that before ;)
Go Illini :D

XcessiveForce
01-18-2005, 03:36 PM
A good side of the Nuggets turning to **** would be a high draft pick. Maybe Jack or Gilchrist would be available. That is unless we trade for Baron Davis. In that case I would love to see us draft a shooting guard. Maybe Ewing if he is still available.