Official NFL Wildcard Weekend Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Tuggy
01-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Well kickoff to the Rams/Seahawks game is about 2 hours away so I thought I would get the ball rolling...

Should be an interesting game with both starting QB's hurting, it may come down to who is able to stay in the game. Although if backup do need to enter the game, the Seahawks have a clear advantage, Dilfer > Chandler.

Also with both games being on ABC, I wonder who is doing the play by play for the Rams/Seahawks game? I am assuming that Michaels and Madden would be doing the primetime game.

Oh and I picked a tie on proline in the first game so I am banking on a tight game :D

Vic Rattlehead*
01-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Should be an entertaining game. All out offence, no defence.

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 01:56 PM
It's probably gonna be close the whole game, but I maybe wrong :dunno:

anguscertified
01-08-2005, 02:00 PM
I love the Hawks, but I am terrified by how crappy there defense has been this year...

Vic Rattlehead*
01-08-2005, 02:02 PM

The only game that won't be close this weekend is the Colts-Broncos.

Tuggy
01-08-2005, 02:16 PM

Like I said I bet on a tie (3 points of less) so I am hoping for a game winning FG from Brown :handclap:

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 02:29 PM
I wonder if Hassleback will have anything to say at the coin toss like he did during last years OT.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-08-2005, 02:35 PM
I wonder if Hassleback will have anything to say at the coin toss like he did during last years OT.

I hope so.

Jared Ramsden
01-08-2005, 02:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1962147

Not good news for the Jets......

popperbolt*
01-08-2005, 02:40 PM
go seahawks :handclap: :handclap:

steven jackson scares me though..

loveshack2
01-08-2005, 02:51 PM
At least this should be a close game even if it's not a really good game.

FlyersHomer DM03
01-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Rams (+4.5) a good bet...I'll take the Rams and the points but I think Seattle is going to weasel this one out at the end...Shaun Alexander is going to have a huge day...23-21 seattle

Vic Rattlehead*
01-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Are You Ready For Some Football!!!!!!!!

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Are You Ready For Some Football!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, definitley!!!!!!! :yo:

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Are the Hawks just gonna sit back and let Bulger pick their zones apart all day?

Wild Thing
01-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Actually I'm ready for some hockey.

But I suppose I'll settle for some football. :(

John Flyers Fan
01-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Seattle and the Rams both stink.

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Rams are doing exceptionally well so far, it's 7-0.......

JLand
01-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Could the Seahawks secondary possibly inhale any more rapidly?

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
I feel bad for Matt Hassleback. Had one hell of a game and put the ball where his receiver could catch it. Bobby Engram has to make that catch when its right in his hands. Not an easy play, but one that has to be made.

Mathletic
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
The Rams just beat and the Seahawks, and god damn that Seattle receivers suck

Firefly
01-08-2005, 06:57 PM
What a crappy way to lose the game, good effort by the Seahawks though, especially the final drive.

Chaos
My god the Seahawks recievers cant catch worth ****. I could have made that catch that Engrm dropped...not even that hard of a catch. If it hits you in the hands, you gotta catch it. Really quite pathetic.

Bish please
Seattle deserved to lose that game and if I were Hasselbeck I tell Seattle management to find me some WRs who can catch or Im gone.

Tricolore#20
01-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Seattle deserved to lose that game and if I were Hasselbeck I tell Seattle management to find me some WRs who can catch or Im gone.

What a shame. :shakehead Hasselbeck played an awesome game. I thought he would just run that last one in. It was a tough ball from Engram to catch, but as the commentators said, he needs to make that play.

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 07:00 PM
What a crappy way to lose the game, good effort by the Seahawks though, especially the final drive.

Yeah, even though i'm a Rams fan I think Hasslebeck put on a great game and the final pass that was thrown to Engram was just downright pitiful, you really have to catch those passes......

acr*
01-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Hasselbeck could've walked it in, and he had 3 blockers in front of him to boot.

At least he didn't yell out "WE'RE GONNA SCORE!" before that play...

Vic Rattlehead*
01-08-2005, 08:00 PM
If I'm Seattle, I trade up in the draft and try to get a WR that can catch. Atleast Jackson made some great catches, Robinson and Engram did jack squat.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Chargers up a Touchdown. 7-0.

Woo hoo! My prediction of the Rams winning came true! :yo:

ATG
01-08-2005, 08:11 PM
If I'm Seattle, I trade up in the draft and try to get a WR that can catch. Atleast Jackson made some great catches, Robinson and Engram did jack squat.

......Mike Williams........

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Chargers up a Touchdown. 7-0.

Like I said in another thread, it's gonna be a 14-7 San Diego win.

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Jackson was their worst and best receiver.

monster_bertuzzi
01-08-2005, 08:36 PM

Jackson is the best bad receiver in the NFL, if that makes any sense.

Look for Seattle to:

A)Let Alexander walk

B)Lock up Hasselbeck and Jones

C)Go after Travis Henry

D)Pray to god that Grant Wistrom and Anthony Simmons dont get hurt next seaosn so that their defence doesn't suck ****.

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 08:36 PM
My god the Seahawks recievers cant catch worth ****. I could have made that catch that Engrm dropped...not even that hard of a catch. If it hits you in the hands, you gotta catch it. Really quite pathetic.
It was thrown way too hard, you can't blame Engram for that.

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Seattle was the most over hyped peice of crap team ever. Super Bowl my ass, I predicted them to suck this year and they did my Rams made them there ***** once again. Matt Hasselbeck is not a capable starting QB. Seattle will never win a playoff game with him under centre.

Marc Bulger looked off today, but he still had a good game and made some good desicions. If we get Atlanta in Atlanta we will have a good chance to win.

ObeySteve
01-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Matt Hasselbeck is not a capable starting QB. Seattle will never win a playoff game with him under centre.

Wow, that in itself pretty much tells everyone how seriously to take you.

It's not Hasslebeck's fault his recievers can't catch balls thrown right at their chest.

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow, that in itself pretty much tells everyone how seriously to take you.

It's not Hasslebeck's fault his recievers can't catch balls thrown right at their chest.
it wasn't his fault today, but he is an overal bad qb who is not capable of starting.

ObeySteve
01-08-2005, 08:43 PM
it wasn't his fault today, but he is an overal bad qb who is not capable of starting.

Wanna explain why?

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Seattle was the most over hyped peice of crap team ever. Super Bowl my ass, I predicted them to suck this year and they did my Rams made them there ***** once again. Matt Hasselbeck is not a capable starting QB. Seattle will never win a playoff game with him under centre.

Marc Bulger looked off today, but he still had a good game and made some good desicions. If we get Atlanta in Atlanta we will have a good chance to win.
Vikings will lose, you guys have Eagles in Philly.

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Wanna explain why?
22tds, 15 ints

ObeySteve
01-08-2005, 08:46 PM
First of all, those are not bad numbers.....but hell, they are numbers, and numbers are something that only people who are not capable of actually analyzing the game have to rely completely upon.

His recieving corp has been one of the most unreliable, if not the single most in the NFL.

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Chad Pennington: 16 tds, 9 ints: +7 difference, same as Hasslebecks
Ben Roethlisberger: 17 tds, 11 ints: +6 difference, below Hasslebecks
Aaron Brooks: 21 tds, 16 ints +5 difference, below Hasslebecks with less tds and more INts
Mike Vick: 14tds, 12 ints +2 difference, far less tds than Hasslebeck.

Are those guys not quality of starting in the NFL either? :dunno:

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 09:00 PM
^^ First of all Big Ben is a rookie QB and he a better season then Hasselbeck. He just dosent have "it" as a starting QB. Hes to shaky, perfect example he had a good chance to run the ball in himself instead he moved back in and threw a garbage pass to this reciver and like always the reciver was blamed for unable to catch a ball that was falling to the ground. He dosent throw the ball with the accuracy and speed it needs to be done to make it more playable for the recivers. Another problem with the whole team is Koren Robison and Darrel Jackson plain and simple are not good #1 choices for a receiver. Mike Holmgren is a great coach surrounded by medicore talent and a good backup QB, and this team was proclaimed a superbowl contender LOL.

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 09:09 PM
^^ First of all Big Ben is a rookie QB and he a better season then Hasselbeck. He just dosent have "it" as a starting QB. Hes to shaky, perfect example he had a good chance to run the ball in himself instead he moved back in and threw a garbage pass to this reciver and like always the reciver was blamed for unable to catch a ball that was falling to the ground. He dosent throw the ball with the accuracy and speed it needs to be done to make it more playable for the recivers. Another problem with the whole team is Koren Robison and Darrel Jackson plain and simple are not good #1 choices for a receiver. Mike Holmgren is a great coach surrounded by medicore talent and a good backup QB, and this team was proclaimed a superbowl contender LOL.

I think he better than at least half the starting QBs in the league. I think he did a great job today especially in the 2nd half. In the 2nd half, I don't think he made more than one or two bad throws. The only INT he had in the whole game was on a drop where he put it right in the hands of Jackson. I dont think he'll ever be up in the elite QBs, but I think hes a solid-good starter. Agreed he still makes mistakes, but I dont see how you can criticize the guy and call him a guy who cant start in the NFL after the game he had today. I think he should have ran and didnt make a good throw on that last play, but theres an old saying "if it hits you in the hands, you gotta catch it". The main problem with the Seahawks and has been for the last two years is their overrated WRs. They've got talent to be one of the best groups in the NFL, but they've got butterfingers.

Bish please
01-08-2005, 09:10 PM
^^ First of all Big Ben is a rookie QB and he a better season then Hasselbeck. He just dosent have "it" as a starting QB. Hes to shaky, perfect example he had a good chance to run the ball in himself instead he moved back in and threw a garbage pass to this reciver and like always the reciver was blamed for unable to catch a ball that was falling to the ground. He dosent throw the ball with the accuracy and speed it needs to be done to make it more playable for the recivers.

If you mean the last play of the game its 50/50 if he would have scored with a run or not. Not every QB can run like Michael Vick.

"Like always" the WR is blamed? Ofcourse the WR is blamed since they just flat out can't catch.

Holmgren should have had Rice out there, he wont run a 4.40 but he can catch. Funny how such a "great coach" hasn't done much since he had Favre in his prime.

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 09:18 PM
If you mean the last play of the game its 50/50 if he would have scored with a run or not. Not every QB can run like Michael Vick.

"Like always" the WR is blamed? Ofcourse the WR is blamed since they just flat out can't catch.

Holmgren should have had Rice out there, he wont run a 4.40 but he can catch. Funny how such a "great coach" hasn't done much since he had Favre in his prime.

How can he do anything with Hasselbeck, and Holmgren can be blamed since he hand choose Matt.

Yes the Seattle wideouts suck, but your QB can be to blame also for making **** throws. If it was Jerry Rice in place of Bobby Engram if they ran that play 10 times Rice would of caught it 10 times.

ObeySteve
01-08-2005, 09:21 PM
There really is starting to be a huge correlation between the people that only post in NFL threads very casually and those who really seem to have no clue what they're talking about.

Bish please
01-08-2005, 09:22 PM
How can he do anything with Hasselbeck, and Holmgren can be blamed since he hand choose Matt.

Yes the Seattle wideouts suck, but your QB can be to blame also for making **** throws. If it was Jerry Rice in place of Bobby Engram if they ran that play 10 times Rice would of caught it 10 times.

So what about the drops that were in the hands of the WRs? There were alot.

Vic Rattlehead*
Like I said in another thread, it's gonna be a 14-7 San Diego win.

14-7 Jets at the moment.....

Go Flames Go*
There really is starting to be a huge correlation between the people that only post in NFL threads very casually and those who really seem to have no clue what they're talking about.

If you are reffering to me son, I am a huge Football fan and follow it passionatly and I know what I am talking about.

IkeaMonkey*

So if Rice would have made the catch, why the hell are you blaming Hasselbeck?

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 09:24 PM
For the most part Chargers are playing well but too much of dink and dunk at the moment.

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 09:26 PM
So if Rice would have made the catch, why the hell are you blaming Hasselbeck?

Because hes not a starting quarterback in the NFL, saying that Rice would of caught that pass is a complement to RIce not to Hasselbecks pass to the ground.

I have a good feeling he will not be back next season, and he will not fetch a large contract, but possibly sign with a team in need of a decent back up QB.

I don't hate Hasselbeck, most of my rambling on is because he is a Seahawk a division rival of the Rams, its just hate for the most part for no reason at times.

Herby
01-08-2005, 09:28 PM
This is stupid, there is a penalty on every play.

Chargers offense has deserted them.

Herby
01-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Unbelievable....

Off both posts and in, maybe you just know it isn't your day when that happens.

Unreal, Chargers need a TD this drive or its over.

loveshack2
01-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Holy snikes is Doug Brien ever bad.

Chargers offense needs to get it in gear now or this game's going to be over.

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Chad Pennington: 16 tds, 9 ints: +7 difference, same as Hasslebecks
Ben Roethlisberger: 17 tds, 11 ints: +6 difference, below Hasslebecks
Aaron Brooks: 21 tds, 16 ints +5 difference, below Hasslebecks with less tds and more INts
Mike Vick: 14tds, 12 ints +2 difference, far less tds than Hasslebeck.

Are those guys not quality of starting in the NFL either? :dunno:
Those were just off the top of my head numbers. Hasselbeck just sucks in general. He's cocky, not a good leader, and usually screws up in big games. Today he was good, his receivers let him down I'll agree to that.

ATG
01-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Jackson is the best bad receiver in the NFL, if that makes any sense.

Look for Seattle to:

A)Let Alexander walk

B)Lock up Hasselbeck and Jones

C)Go after Travis Henry

D)Pray to god that Grant Wistrom and Anthony Simmons dont get hurt next seaosn so that their defence doesn't suck ****.

How does that help their team Alexander>>Henry

ATG
01-08-2005, 09:57 PM

Koren Robinson fumbled twice and Bobby Engram should have made that catch at they end

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Koren Robinson fumbled twice and Bobby Engram should have made that catch at they end
No, that pass was horrible, It was too far ahead, too hard and too low. Also, Jackson dropped the most passes, and just didn't have his head in the play, but did make some great plays.

ATG
01-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Hasselbeck could've walked it in, and he had 3 blockers in front of him to boot.

At least he didn't yell out "WE'RE GONNA SCORE!" before that play...

Maybe but their were 2 St Louis defenders quite close.He made the right play and Engram dropped it

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Maybe but their were 2 St Louis defenders quite close.He made the right play and Engram dropped it
That was a horrible pass, that would have been an absolutly amazing catch.

BigStar
01-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Because hes not a starting quarterback in the NFL, saying that Rice would of caught that pass is a complement to RIce not to Hasselbecks pass to the ground.

I have a good feeling he will not be back next season, and he will not fetch a large contract, but possibly sign with a team in need of a decent back up QB.

I don't hate Hasselbeck, most of my rambling on is because he is a Seahawk a division rival of the Rams, its just hate for the most part for no reason at times.

pass to the ground??? it was right in between engrams hands and he dropped it!!
get a clue man! i hate the seahawks, but this game is not on hasselbecks head.

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Smart play by the Jets to punt. That would have been a stupid risk to let Brien try from 52 yards.

monster_bertuzzi
01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
22tds, 15 ints

Most dropped passes in NFL. And I can assure you that 15 of those INT's came from bad route by the receivers or dropped passes.

Anyone who says Hasselbeck isn't a starter is a real idiot.

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
pass to the ground??? it was right in between engrams hands and he dropped it!!
get a clue man! i hate the seahawks, but this game is not on hasselbecks head.
it was between his hands, but his hands were 2 inches off the ground.

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Most dropped passes in NFL. And I can assure you that 15 of those INT's came from bad route by the receivers or dropped passes.

Anyone who says Hasselbeck isn't a starter is a real idiot.
so your saying that none of the ints were his fault?

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Smart play by the Jets to punt. That would have been a stupid risk to let Brien try from 52 yards.

Definitley. Brien's been bordeline mediocre tonight.

monster_bertuzzi
01-08-2005, 10:15 PM
so your saying that none of the ints were his fault?

Of course some of them are. Brett Favre threw over 20 INT's last year, is he a bad starter too?

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Of course some of them are. Brett Favre threw over 20 INT's last year, is he a bad starter too?
Hasselbeck didn't throw many passes this year. He has better receivers than Green did, and yet Green through only 2 more in 100 more attempts. His rating was also quite average.

loveshack2
01-08-2005, 10:20 PM
HUGE penalty call. My Goodness.

ATG
01-08-2005, 10:22 PM
What an idiot Eric Barton is all he had to do is tackle him.So what does he do club brees in the head.Personal foul keeps chargers alive and they score to tie the game.Idiot :shakehead

Hockeyfan02
What a STUPID penalty. TD Gates. Why the hell is Barton trying to punch Brees in that situation?

loveshack2
Tied up. As long as they dont botch the kickoff this one's going to overtime.

Ronnie Bass
I think I just saw the dumbest play by one athlete all year. What the hell was Barton thinking????

benji
01-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Seattle: Catch the freakin ball.

monster_bertuzzi
01-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Hasselbeck didn't throw many passes this year. He has better receivers than Green did, and yet Green through only 2 more in 100 more attempts. His rating was also quite average.

I dont know about that. Hasselbeck better receivers? Green has the best TE in the game and 2 solid, dependable WR's in Kennison and Morton. Hasselbeck has Jeckyle and Hyde on his team, you never know if Jackson and Rice will catch the ball, or drop it. Perhaps Hasselbeck didn't throw many passes because he has Alexander to give the ball to? Just a thought

P.S. Eric Barton is an idiot.

ATG
Fire Sather might be hunting someone with a shotty tonight

Chaos
It was thrown way too hard, you can't blame Engram for that.

I've played WR all my life through high school. That is a relatively easy catch to make, especially for an NFL WR.

ATG
01-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Eric Barton=A big dumb monkey

BigStar
01-08-2005, 10:25 PM
it was between his hands, but his hands were 2 inches off the ground.
true but if you want to call yourself an nfl receiver, you need to make that catch

Ronnie Bass
01-08-2005, 10:26 PM
I've played WR all my life through high school. That is a relatively easy catch to make, especially for an NFL WR.
He should have caught but it's not an easy catch, not at all.

Chaos
01-08-2005, 10:28 PM
He should have caught but it's not an easy catch, not at all.

It was in his hands, in the endzone, in a playoff game. Thats 3 things that as a reciever, you have to catch. For an NFL reciever, you absolutely have to catch that. A lot of high school WR's(at least the ones I played with) would have made that catch. Sure it was a bit low, but it wasnt on the ground either.

Ronnie Bass
01-08-2005, 10:31 PM
It was in his hands, in the endzone, in a playoff game. Thats 3 things that as a reciever, you have to catch. For an NFL reciever, you absolutely have to catch that. A lot of high school WR's(at least the ones I played with) would have made that catch. Sure it was a bit low, but it wasnt on the ground either.
It was just six yards away, came in fast and was wobbley, I know a ton of high school WR's who would have dropped it. And I did say he should have caught it, what I'm disagreeing with you is that's an easy catch, it wasn't.

Chaos
01-08-2005, 10:32 PM
It was just six yards away, came in fast and was wobbley, I know a ton of high school WR's who would have dropped it. And I did say he should have caught it, what I'm disagreeing with you is that's an easy catch, it wasn't.

Fair enough.....I guess I just have high standards for WR's ;) .

Ronnie Bass
01-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Fair enough.....I guess I just have high standards for WR's ;) .
I know what a high school player would have done and that is not punch a QB in the head on the last play of the game.

IkeaMonkey*
01-08-2005, 10:38 PM

Not to knock Walter Jones and the Seattle line, but Green gets an hour to throw on each down.

Chaos
01-08-2005, 10:39 PM
I know what a high school player would have done and that is not punch a QB in the head on the last play of the game.

Agreed...I think we may have a winner for the Bonehead Play of the Year Award :D

monster_bertuzzi
01-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Awful drive by Pennington. :shakehead

ATG
01-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Barton is going to cost the jets the game

BigStar
01-08-2005, 10:46 PM
chargers are closing in!!

ATG
01-08-2005, 10:51 PM

Kicker looks pretty nervous

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 10:53 PM
40 yard attempt, will he make it?

ATG
01-08-2005, 10:54 PM
And the kick is up and it's......wide right.Oh my god!!!!!!!

Fish on The Sand
Yesssssssssssssss

loveshack2
oh man.

Zeus54
He missed it :shakehead

ATG
01-08-2005, 10:55 PM
40 yard attempt, will he make it?

He looked really nervous, he needed that icy look that Vinateri gets.If my life was on the line he takes the kick

BigStar
01-08-2005, 10:56 PM
i used a few minutes of my break to watch that brutal kick!!! :help:

monster_bertuzzi
Nice catch by Moss.

EDIT: I think

Ronnie Bass
Al Micheals makes a good point, why did they run it like that on three consective plays. A 40 yrd is not a chip shot, espicially for a rookie kicker.

Ronnie Bass
01-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Nice catch by Moss.

EDIT: I think
Looks good to me.

loveshack2
I dont think the kick was "brutal". 40yds in an overtime playoff game for a rookie kicker in the rain is anything but easy peasy. He probably should have made it, but I dont think if the Chargers lose that the loss will be on him.

ATG
Looks good to me.

Me to.That kicker looks 12 :lol

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 10:59 PM
His arms were under that.

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:00 PM
I dont think the kick was "brutal". 40yds in an overtime playoff game for a rookie kicker in the rain is anything but easy peasy. He probably should have made it, but I dont think if the Chargers lose that the loss will be on him.

I think it will.The same way Barton is gonna get it if the jets lose

BigStar
01-08-2005, 11:00 PM

i know i just venting abit, i am "watching" it on nfl.com, so i saw 4th down, ran out to the lunchroom to watch it, and i was greeted by that...kind of a let down, i just hope the chargers def can hold them now

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 11:01 PM
this game is over

ATG
Jets on the 15 but Brien has been brutal tonight

Ronnie Bass
Now it's the Jets!!

BigStar
ball on san diego 15, this should be it

Ronnie Bass
01-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Jets on the 15 but Brien has been brutal tonight
True but I'd be shocked if he missed it.

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:02 PM
this game is over

No way he missed one already and the second was a fluke.A bad snap could happen who knows.Either way what a game

Fish on The Sand
01-08-2005, 11:04 PM
No way he missed one already and the second was a fluke.A bad snap could happen who knows.Either way what a game
This is a short one, practice shot was good. GAME OVER

ATG
He got it .

BigStar
well i am 1-1 after today....boo jets!

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:05 PM
well at least I go even in my playoff pool

loveshack2
01-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I think it will.The same way Barton is gonna get it if the jets lose
Well as you may have guessed Im a big Chargers fan and I certainly dont blame the kid.

Oh well. Great season just for the Chargers to get this far and they got lucky getting to overtime in the first place.

Zeus54
01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
well i am 1-1 after today....

So am I.

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Wow can tommorow's games compete with today's.A couple of barn burners

Son of Steinbrenner
01-08-2005, 11:07 PM
J-E-T-S

JETS
JETS
JETS

Ronnie Bass
01-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Well as you may have guess Im a big Chargers fan and I certainly dont blame the kid.

Oh well. Great season just for the Chargers to get this far and they got lucky getting to overtime in the first place.
I blame Marty Schottenheimer, once again when it comes to playoff games this man plays to lose not win. Why in the hell did he pitch a tent on the Jets 25 yrd line in overtime?

BigStar
01-08-2005, 11:08 PM
J-E-T-S

JETS
JETS
JETS

:thumbd:

Son of Steinbrenner
01-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Yesssssssssssssss
:lol :lol :gman: :lol :lol

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:10 PM
J-E-T-S

JETS
JETS
JETS

I picked them to win today but their done next week who ever they face

monster_bertuzzi
01-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Herm Edwards almost got into a fight with one of his assistants. :lol:

monster_bertuzzi
01-08-2005, 11:11 PM

Not if Abraham comes back.

Son of Steinbrenner
01-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah i don't see them getting much further but at least i have another week of football.

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Not if Abraham comes back.

It doesn't matter.The Pats own them and the Steelers D will eat them up.

DJ Spinoza
01-08-2005, 11:24 PM
I blame Marty Schottenheimer, once again when it comes to playoff games this man plays to lose not win. Why in the hell did he pitch a tent on the Jets 25 yrd line in overtime?

That's a great question. The game should have never went to OT, but the Chargers failed to lock up what should have been a guaranteed win.

They didn't go to the endzone, and they barely gained any yards, moving the ball to the right while doing so. I bet they only had a one yard difference between fourth and first down. They'd have been better off trying 4 field goals.

I'm baffled at what they were trying to do. It doesn't make any sense.

The Jets played much better than I thought. Most would assume they are coming to Pittsburgh next week, but I'm not counting the Broncos out just yet.

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 11:27 PM
What was Marty doing there, a 40 yard kick by a rookie kicker in thoose sloppy conditions great move Marty. He was playing for a field goal, Brees was playing good and making passes and he should of tried to get a little closer then that. Thoose 3 run plays where disrespectful to the team, and Drew Brees who played hard all night long.

The Jets are not potent enough on offence to get past the Steelers or Patriots. Pittsburgh will bruise them with pounding the ball, and pound them on defence. Tom Brady will be Tom Brady.

Its pretty ****** for the Chargers right now, but this team is young, and they play real hard everygame and did not deserve to be screwed over by there own coach. They got 2 1st rd picks this years, time to grab Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams and get some depth on that Online.

loveshack2
01-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah it's not all bad news for the Chargers. 2nd youngest team in the league with the most cap space I believe, and two 1st round picks this year. If they're smart this playoff appearance could be just the first of many.

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 11:32 PM
It seemed like the Chargers were moving the ball pretty well when they were dumping it off to LT in the flat or a few yards down field and letting him pick up extra yardage. I dont see why any team unless inside the 10 would just rely on a kicker, much less a rookie kicker, for a 40 yard FG in the conditions they were in. Marty got conservative and it cost him. At least try to find Gates again for another 5 or 6 yards to make it easier on the kid. You have to try to win playoff football games, not play to lose them. Good football games today that came down to the wire. Hopefully tommorows games are just as good.

DisplacedIslander
Yeah i don't see them getting much further but at least i have another week of football.

I'm not living in denial about next week either. To me, this win is enough of an accomplishment. The defense played relatively solid on a bad field, and Pennington had the good game against a better team (23-30, 200+ yds, 2TDs, 0 INT) that he needed to have.

Burberry Manning
Couple of notes:

-New York almost got another Trey Junkin with Barton. What a dumb and unneccessary penalty.
-Barton's penalty was the right call but personally I think the officials should have let it go because I hate to see the game decided on that
- A 3rd rounder(or was it 4th?) on Nate Keading?! Haha

- Eli Manning is included in the NFL commercial of legendary quarterbacks (Big Ben isn't) including Peyton, Bart Starr, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, and Roger Staubach. This guarentees Eli to be a future Hall of Fame quarterback in the mold of those mentioned. NFL commercials don't lie.

Hockeyfan02
01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
- Eli Manning is included in the NFL commercial of legendary quarterbacks (Big Ben isn't) including Peyton, Bart Starr, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, and Roger Staubach. This guarentees Eli to be a future Hall of Fame quarterback in the mold of those mentioned. NFL commercials don't lie.

If you mean the commercial with that song "All kinds of time" then Big Ben is in there a few players after Mcnair and Ron Jaworski (sp?).

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Yeah it's not all bad news for the Chargers. 2nd youngest team in the league with the most cap space I believe, and two 1st round picks this year. If they're smart this playoff appearance could be just the first of many.

Thats the main thing here if there smart, which previous managment has shown they are not. I belive though now they are headed in the right direction. They have one of the best backs in the game, and young and speedy defence, and they have cap space. Things that I think they should focus on in the offseason and draft.

Draft a receiver with there 1st pick, and look for a offensive tackle. Draft a guard, and or a rush end. Look for a saftey, and less physical corner then Quentin Jammer.

The Brees and Rivers situation is very intresting. They have the money to tag or sign Brees long term. We never got a good look at Rivers except for 1 quarter of player where he went 5/8 33 yards and a TD. If they had given him a oppurtinity to play atleast a half they would get some sort of idea as to where he is at in terms of progression. I do think that Drew Brees is for real, and it just took him a bit longer to get over the TD to INT hump, and make better reads. This years QB draft class does not seem very deep like last year, they could potentially fetch a high 1st rd pick for Rivers but face cap penalties in trading him. INtresting to see what they do.

loveshack2
01-08-2005, 11:38 PM
- A 3rd rounder(or was it 4th?) on Nate Keading?! Haha
Doug Brien? haha.

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Couple of notes:

-New York almost got another Trey Junkin with Barton. What a dumb and unneccessary penalty. True
-Barton's penalty was the right call but personally I think the officials should have let it go because I hate to see the game decided on that.It was a huge blow to the head you have to call that it doesn't matter at what time
- A 3rd rounder(or was it 4th?) on Nate Keading?! Haha.Poor guy for a rookie that isn't an envious situation

- Eli Manning is included in the NFL commercial of legendary quarterbacks (Big Ben isn't) including Peyton, Bart Starr, Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, and Roger Staubach. This guarentees Eli to be a future Hall of Fame quarterback in the mold of those mentioned. NFL commercials don't lie.Im not going to touch this one

:)

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Nate Keading is a good kicker, and will continue to be. He made some long and difficult kicks this year, but he was put in a bad situation by his coach. Coaches should players in situations where they can make plays and strive and Marty made the wrong desicion.

ATG
01-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Just saw the last play again of the hawks-rams game and their is no way Hasselback can run that in.Their was one defender right beside him to his left and he couldn't beat the defenders on his right unless he pulled out some Mike Vick moves(wasn't gonna happen)

Go Flames Go*
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Just saw the last play again of the hawks-rams game and their is no way Hasselback can run that in.Their was one defender right beside him to his left and he couldn't beat the defenders on his right unless he pulled out some Mike Vick moves(wasn't gonna happen)

I ranted on the poor guy a lot today, and I will give him the credit he deserves. He played his ass off, and if it wasnt for his horrible recivers he could of made the game closer then it was. Hes a okay QB, but if he dosent get into a rythm quick he is out of games, and hes not a very accurate passer.

Fire Sather
01-09-2005, 12:16 AM
all the doubters can stick it baby!! itts the jets night and week to shine!!!!

Zeus54
01-09-2005, 12:18 AM
']all the doubters can stick it baby!! itts the jets night and week to shine!!!!

They may not be shining next week or whatever....

BigStar
01-09-2005, 12:20 AM
']all the doubters can stick it baby!! itts the jets night and week to shine!!!!

yeah yeah, its not like they won the super bowl....they are going out!!

monster_bertuzzi
01-09-2005, 12:26 AM
I ranted on the poor guy a lot today, and I will give him the credit he deserves. He played his ass off, and if it wasnt for his horrible recivers he could of made the game closer then it was. Hes a okay QB, but if he dosent get into a rythm quick he is out of games, and hes not a very accurate passer.

I appreciate your sympathy but I disagree that he isn't accurate.

Blackjack
01-09-2005, 12:47 AM
That's a great question. The game should have never went to OT, but the Chargers failed to lock up what should have been a guaranteed win.

They didn't go to the endzone, and they barely gained any yards, moving the ball to the right while doing so. I bet they only had a one yard difference between fourth and first down. They'd have been better off trying 4 field goals.

I'm baffled at what they were trying to do. It doesn't make any sense.

Come on, you have a 1st down at the 25, the best rb in the league (who just ripped off two good runs) a superb kicker (albeit a rookie), you only need a fg to win, and you're going to put the ball in the air?

Everyone knows that if you're in FG range in sudden death, you just run the ball. You never put it in the air. What did the Jets do when they got into FG range? Did they throw a single pass? Of course not.

Do you realize how badly you'd be killing Shotty if Brees had thrown a pick?

The Jets played much better than I thought. Most would assume they are coming to Pittsburgh next week, but I'm not counting the Broncos out just yet.

I think the Jets have a better chance against Pittsburgh than the Broncos do against Manning. They're getting Abe back, Pennington gets healthier every week, and some of Pittsburgh's key players won't have played in almost 3 weeks. Obviously the Jets are still big underdogs.

Jared Ramsden
01-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Al Micheals makes a good point, why did they run it like that on three consective plays. A 40 yrd is not a chip shot, espicially for a rookie kicker.

I agree. 40 yards isin't the most makeable kick, but it's makeable. Still, why they didn't try to get in a little closer is kind of surprising. That all being said, as dissapointing as it was to have San Diego lose that way, it was still an unbelieveable season, and they are going to be a force to be recokned with in the future. The QB situation will be interesting, but they have tons of builiding blocks in place to work with, and honestly, they don't have any really glaring weaknesses in the line-up starter wise. And they've got the 2 first rounders to work with too. It's tough to have the season end the way it did, but as a Charger fan, the future is very, very bright.

Ronnie Bass
01-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Come on, you have a 1st down at the 25, the best rb in the league (who just ripped off two good runs) a superb kicker (albeit a rookie), you only need a fg to win, and you're going to put the ball in the air?

Everyone knows that if you're in FG range in sudden death, you just run the ball. You never put it in the air. What did the Jets do when they got into FG range? Did they throw a single pass? Of course not.

Forty yards in overtime with a rookie kicker on a very messy night, you pass it at least once, espicially when your TE might be the hottest player in the game. And yeah if Brees would have got killed for throwing a interception, but that's no reason to stop playing to win and start playing not to lose which hardly works as Schottenheimer as proven over the years.

Overtime in the playoffs 40 yards is a very long attempt, espicially with a rookie.

Teemu
01-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Barton is the happiest man on earth tonight

Blackjack
01-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Forty yards in overtime with a rookie kicker on a very messy night, you pass it at least once, espicially when your TE might be the hottest player in the game. And yeah if Brees would have got killed for throwing a interception, but that's no reason to stop playing to win and start playing not to lose which hardly works as Schottenheimer as proven over the years.

Overtime in the playoffs 40 yards is a very long attempt, espicially with a rookie.

Handing the ball to Ladanian Tomlinson is not the same as just rolling over and waiting for 4th down. Was Shottenheimer supposed to know that Tomlinson was not going to gain a single yard in 3 runs? Especailly considering that LT was rolling at that point in the game, that's just unfair to Shotteneheimer.

Here are the last 10 plays before the FG attempt. 8 plays to Tomlinson and 2 runs by Brees (1 was a QB sneak). Look, I think Brees is a great QB, better than Pennington right now (this coming from a Jets fan) and Gates is by far the best TE in the league, but LT is still The Chargers' best player. Shottenheimer knew that 40 yards was a long FG, and he thought LT could get them closer.

LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for 1 yard.
Drew Brees (SDG) pass left side complete to LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) for 8 yards.
Drew Brees (SDG) rushed up the middle for 3 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
Drew Brees (SDG) pass right side complete to LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) for 10 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed left side for 9 yards.
Drew Brees (SDG) rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for -1 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for no gain.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed right side for 1 yard.

Fire Sather
01-09-2005, 01:22 AM
yeah yeah, its not like they won the super bowl....they are going out!!

Thats fine. But every expert in america picked SD and they were wrong. I expect the same to happen next week, Jets vs the world.

Blackjack
01-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Barton is the happiest man on earth tonight

He is very lucky, I have no idea what he was thinking on that play. He deserves a fine for that hit. He might be our best linebacker, and he's an emotional leader on the team. He obviously let his emotions get the better of him, and I'm glad Brees wasn't hurt on the play as he certainly could have been.

Blackjack
01-09-2005, 01:24 AM
']Thats fine. But every expert in america picked SD and they were wrong. I expect the same to happen next week, Jets vs the world.

Jets don't have a chance if Abe isn't playing. The secondary can't cover all those great WRs, they need a great pass rush. If Abe is playing and is effective, all bets are off.

Big McLargehuge
01-09-2005, 01:24 AM
As a Steeler fan I'm extremely pleased with the results of tonight's game.

San Diego matched up better against the Steelers than any other team in the league. If anyone was going to knock us out I'd put my money on San Diego. Now I don't have to worry about that. :D

Blackjack
01-09-2005, 01:26 AM
As a Steeler fan I'm extremely pleased with the results of tonight's game.

San Diego matched up better against the Steelers than any other team in the league. If anyone was going to knock us out I'd put my money on San Diego. Now I don't have to worry about that. :D

Really? I'd say NE.

IkeaMonkey*
01-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Really? I'd say NE.

WHAT?! NOONE BEATS PITTSBURGH! THEIR QB HAS A 48 GAME WINNING STREAK DATING BACK TO POP WARNER!!

(Perhaps Indy as well.)

Ronnie Bass
01-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Handing the ball to Ladanian Tomlinson is not the same as just rolling over and waiting for 4th down. Was Shottenheimer supposed to know that Tomlinson was not going to gain a single yard in 3 runs? Especailly considering that LT was rolling at that point in the game, that's just unfair to Shotteneheimer.

Here are the last 10 plays before the FG attempt. 8 plays to Tomlinson and 2 runs by Brees (1 was a QB sneak). Look, I think Brees is a great QB, better than Pennington right now (this coming from a Jets fan) and Gates is by far the best TE in the league, but LT is still The Chargers' best player. Shottenheimer knew that 40 yards was a long FG, and he thought LT could get them closer.

LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for 1 yard.
Drew Brees (SDG) pass left side complete to LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) for 8 yards.
Drew Brees (SDG) rushed up the middle for 3 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
Drew Brees (SDG) pass right side complete to LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) for 10 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed left side for 9 yards.
Drew Brees (SDG) rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for -1 yards.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed up the middle for no gain.
LaDainian Tomlinson (SDG) rushed right side for 1 yard.

When he came to that third down Tomlinson had rushed the ball five times for just 12 yrds with just one that was longer than three yards while getting 18 yards on just two pass receptions. So on that third down knowing all that and the season on the line you would still just run it with the Jets obviously keying on the run instead of a pass play with two studs in your offense? And that's ALOT of trust your putting in a rookie kicker, espicially since his attempt would be the first ever by a rookie field goal kicker in overtime EVER. Were not talking Adam Veneturi here.

Blackjack
01-09-2005, 01:37 AM
WHAT?! NOONE BEATS PITTSBURGH! THEIR QB HAS A 48 GAME WINNING STREAK DATING BACK TO POP WARNER!!

(Perhaps Indy as well.)

I know, I'm just saying NE has the best chance, that chance being about 1 in a 1,000,000 and is contingent on Ben Roethleisbignerger being kidnapped by a psychotic place kicker who believes said QB held the laces in on an errant field goal.

And of course, continent on a pet detective being unable to locate and secure said QB before game time.

monster_bertuzzi
01-09-2005, 01:41 AM
How does that help their team Alexander>>Henry

Salary cap. Hasselbeck and all-world LT Walter Jones mean more to the 'Hawks than Alexander. Henry is a good RB.

BigStar
01-09-2005, 02:09 AM
']Thats fine. But every expert in america picked SD and they were wrong. I expect the same to happen next week, Jets vs the world.
we shall see i guess, the jets did surpirse me tonight, from what i saw of the game(had to work :mad: ) they were owning the chargers

Evilo
01-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Yeah, as a Steelers fan, I'm not that confident for next week if we face the Jets. They played solid, and we had a very tough game against them in the regular season.
Of course the main thing is that the Steelers play in Heinze Field, which is a huge advantage.
Still I wouldn't be over-confident about this game.
I'd rather play the Broncos.

BigStar
01-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah, as a Steelers fan, I'm not that confident for next week if we face the Jets. They played solid, and we had a very tough game against them in the regular season.
Of course the main thing is that the Steelers play in Heinze Field, which is a huge advantage.
Still I wouldn't be over-confident about this game.
I'd rather play the Broncos.

i think its safe to say that any AFC team would rather play the bronocs

Cloned
01-09-2005, 04:33 AM
I'm just surprised the Chargers didn't make LT run up the middle to setup a field goal from the middle of the field. It's entirely possible that Kaebel preferred a off-center spot, but... I'm more inclined to believe that it's easier for a rookie kicker to kick straight (especially in a playoff game from 40 yards out).

Evilo
01-09-2005, 05:07 AM
i think its safe to say that any AFC team would rather play the bronocs
Well I won't underrate the Broncos either. They have a tough D, and they can always run, no matter who's the RB. Plummer can sometimes plays like a possessed man (OK once in a while) too.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 09:34 AM

40 yards, in bad weather with a rookie kicker in OT is hardly a gimme. If Brees runs a play-action, Parker would have walked into the end zone.

If somehow the play isn't open tell Brees to throw it in the stands.

Shottenheimer, always gets to conservative, and it's not a coincidence that his playoff record sucks.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Can't say I like the outcome, but a very good playoff game between the Jets and Chargers.

Tuggy
01-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Well I gotta give the Jets credit, they played a lot better then I thought they would. Maybe the Broncos will win today so we can see the Jets come to Foxboro :D

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Well I gotta give the Jets credit, they played a lot better then I thought they would. Maybe the Broncos will win today so we can see the Jets come to Foxboro :D
For the Pats, it's either the Jets (4-0 against them the past two seasons) or the Colts (3-0 past two years, including playoffs). So whoever your team faces, it's a team the Pats own.

Tuggy
01-09-2005, 10:38 AM
For the Pats, it's either the Jets (4-0 against them the past two seasons) or the Colts (3-0 past two years, including playoffs). So whoever your team faces, it's a team the Pats own.

That's true but I still think that Peyton is due to beat us. Last 3 times against the Colts the Pats won by one score and Peyton had the ball on the last possesion. So something gotta give.

ATG
01-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Something tells me it's going to be Randy Moss game today against the Pack.With all the bad press.I expect 2 maybe 3 td's from him.

Blackjack
01-09-2005, 11:08 AM
40 yards, in bad weather with a rookie kicker in OT is hardly a gimme. If Brees runs a play-action, Parker would have walked into the end zone.

If somehow the play isn't open tell Brees to throw it in the stands.

Shottenheimer, always gets to conservative, and it's not a coincidence that his playoff record sucks.

#1 I never said a 40 yarder is a gimmee. Shottenheimer handed the ball to LT 3 times, and LT netted 0 yards. Was it so unreasonable for Shottenheimer to think LT could get at least 5 yards and make it a much more routine 35 yard attemt?

#2 How can you say that a play action pass is a gimmee TD? I don't remember that specific set of downs, but the Jets had 7 in box all night. If the Jets stacked the box on those plays than I would agree. I still think that if you're trying to pick up a few more yards to make the FG easier handing the ball to LT is a higher percentage play than throwing it.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah, but it' after Archie and then Peyton. And Archie ain't no HOFer.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 11:42 AM
And can we please put Bob Ryan out to pasture? This morning on The Sports Reporters (I still don't know why I watch this show), on the topic of Engram's dropped pass, Ryan said, for no reason "Troy Brown would have caught that pass." Thanks Bob, we really needed you to inject some Patriots talk to a NFC Wild Card game. Somehow he managed to make Lupica look good.

ObeySteve
01-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Over/under for number of punts the Colts have to make today: 1.5

Over or under, guys? :)

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 11:51 AM
#1 I never said a 40 yarder is a gimmee. Shottenheimer handed the ball to LT 3 times, and LT netted 0 yards. Was it so unreasonable for Shottenheimer to think LT could get at least 5 yards and make it a much more routine 35 yard attemt?

#2 How can you say that a play action pass is a gimmee TD? I don't remember that specific set of downs, but the Jets had 7 in box all night. If the Jets stacked the box on those plays than I would agree. I still think that if you're trying to pick up a few more yards to make the FG easier handing the ball to LT is a higher percentage play than throwing it.

#1. If you looked at the Jets, they knew the Chargers were settling for the field goal. They were stacking the middle of the line, and just waiting for the Chargers to fun LT right into the line, which they did. If they were going to run, at least try one quick pitch to the outside, the Jets defense had been on the field for about 30 straight minutes, and were totally gassed.

#2. If the Chargers weren't going to try and move the ball, which they didn't is was absolutely assinine to not try the game winning field goal on 3rd down.

#3. Re-watch those last three plays again. The Jets were selling out like it was a goalline situation. After they stuffed LT for a loss of one on first down, the Jets again were ready to run blitz up the middle. Again not a 2nd guess as if you were listening to Madden he was practically begging the Chargers to run a play-action to Gates to win the game with a TD. Sitting up high in the booth he could see what the Jets were doing.

Also the Jets were doing a very good job against the run all night, and held LT to just 3.1 YPC. Brees threw for 300+ yards. IMO the Chargers didn't just need another 3-4 yards. IMO at least another 10 was needed, and the best way to get another first down was to throw the ball.

The Chargers moved the ball PASSING, not RUNNING. They got conservative and it cost them.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Over/under for number of punts the Colts have to make today: 1.5

Over or under, guys? :)
I'll take the over. I think it'll be 2. This is a much better secondary than last years. But maybe they'll be on Sorgi drives. :eek:

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I'll take the over. I think it'll be 2. This is a much better secondary than last years. But maybe they'll be on Sorgi drives. :eek:

A tougher bet which will be higher:

# of Colt punts.
# of Freeny sacks.
# of Plummer INT's
# of times Champ Bailey gets toasted in pass coverage.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 12:06 PM
A tougher bet which will be higher:

# of Colt punts.
# of Freeny sacks.
# of Plummer INT's
# of times Champ Bailey gets toasted in pass coverage.
I would put them in this order:

Bailey
Sacks
Punts
INTs (although the Colts have been very good at getting turnovers this year)

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Colts punt early, and Adams was apparently watching the USC/Oklahoma game and thought fielding a punt with 9 defenders around you wasn't that bad an idea. :dunce:

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Colts at the 5 yard line, 25 yards pass to Pollard.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 12:21 PM
On second thought, Freeny probably won't get too many sacks, because Denver's O-line matches up pretty well against him, they're quick and agile.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 12:26 PM
7-0 Colts.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Penelties killing Broncos.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Touchdown, James ran it in. 14-0.

Hockeyfan02
01-09-2005, 12:51 PM
And theres the Jake Plummer we've all come to know and love. INT Mike Doss.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Haha, huge props to the Colts for playing "Oh Well" after the Plummer INT.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Reggie Wayne owning Rock Alexander.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Manning intercepted in Endzone.

Hockeyfan02
01-09-2005, 12:57 PM
If you dont have James in the backfield, theyre just going to drop everyone back in pass coverage.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 01:06 PM
The Broncos called timeout after a play review. WTF were they doing for the minute and a half while the play was being reviewed, eating Cheetos?

EDIT: Nevermind, he called the TO to ***** at the refs.

Hockeyfan02
01-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Hmmm. I dont know about that reversal. Looked to me like he had both feet down, took another step then got hit and dropped the ball.

DJ Spinoza
01-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Wow. That looked like a catch to me.

Huge blow to Denver. I think that virtually ends this one. The Denver defense will need a huge answer.

V for Voodoo
01-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Clarke is having a huge game.

Ronnie Bass
01-09-2005, 01:10 PM
What time is the Green Bay - Minnesota game, this one is a total dud.

21-0 now.

ATG
01-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Well it's 21-0.What's the record for most passing yards in a game I think Peyton is at 250 already

Vic Rattlehead*
Touchdown Colts. 21-0.

ATG

21-0 now.

4:30 on Fox

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:12 PM

21-0 now.
4:00 or 4:30.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Remember folks, the Colts recievers are soft!

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:20 PM
21-3.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 01:20 PM
Kicking that field goal was a waving of the white flag.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Elam tried an onside kick, but Colts get the ball.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Kicking that field goal was a waving of the white flag.
I thought Shanahan showing up without Elway and Davis was a waving of the white flag.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Speaking of soft ... how 'bout that Broncos secondary letting Wayne break tackles and walk into the endzone.

Vic Rattlehead*
28-3 Colts. Wayne with the touchdown. Broke tackles and ran it in.

ObeySteve
Well, Bailey's holding his ground. Can't exactly say the same about the Broncos other corner, though.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 01:25 PM
I thought Shanahan showing up without Elway and Davis was a waving of the white flag.

Amazing how much dumber Shanahan & Holmgren are without Favre, Elway, Davis, White etc. etc. :dunno:

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Rock Alexander just getting burnt today.

ObeySteve
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Amazing how much dumber Shanahan & Holmgren are without Favre, Elway, Davis, White etc. etc. :dunno:

Really shows how much coaches in all sports can get overrated because the amount of talent they have to work with.

HughJass*
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
$50 that say if Shannahan won't be back, Plummer and his $6M roster bonus won't be back next season either :)

EDIT: George Seifert's run in Carolina should show you how overrated a guy can be. Hell, Musgrave quit as the offensive coordinator because he couldn't stand him anymore.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Really shows how much coaches in all sports can get overrated because the amount of talent they have to work with.
Dare I say Dick Vermeil? I do.

ObeySteve
01-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Dare I say Dick Vermeil? I do.

Well, more so now than with the Eagles in the late 70s. He turned that team around.

For me, Phil Jackson is the poster coach for overrated.

Hell, there's one coach in hockey that is also a great example....and he's collecting big bucks in Manhattan because of his reputation.

ATG
01-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, more so now than with the Eagles in the late 70s. He turned that team around.

For me, Phil Jackson is the poster coach for overrated.

Can't be mad at Jackson for having the best players in the league on his team each year he coached

ObeySteve
01-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Can't be mad at Jackson for having the best players in the league on his team each year he coached

Who says I, or anyone else is "mad"? I'm not a big basketball fan, and even I know it's painfully obvious that Jackson is ridiculously overrated when many people talk about him being on the level of the great basketball coaches of all-time. He isn't even slightly in Larry Brown's league when talking about coaches of the modern era.

ATG
01-09-2005, 01:34 PM
300 hundred yards passing for manning with two minutes left before the half :eek:

ATG
01-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Who says I, or anyone else is "mad"? I'm not a big basketball fan, and even I know it's painfully obvious that Jackson is ridiculously overrated when many people talk about him being on the level of the great basketball coaches of all-time. He isn't even slightly in Larry Brown's league when talking about coaches of the modern era.

I meant mad sarcastically.I can see ur point maybe if Jackson comes back with Denver or something and suceeds then he might get some praise from me and you

Ticallion961
01-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Me thinks that a Colts-Patriot match could determine the superbowl.

no disrespect to my steelers or the eagles. If the colts hold onto win, that is gonna be one hell of a game next week.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 01:38 PM

True, but I'd still say that coaching in football is more important that the other sports.

IMO

1. Football

2. Hockey

3. Basketball

4. Baseball

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:39 PM
QB sneak Manning, touchdown. 35-3.

ATG
01-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Champ Bailey is overated.Best shut down corner(no way).Deion Sanders is the definition of a shut down corner they wouldn't even throw the ball in his direction half the time because they knew the INT was most likely the result

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, more so now than with the Eagles in the late 70s. He turned that team around.Agreed. I won't argue his tenure with the Eagles. But man oh man did all the chips fall in place in 1999 for him. But I couldn't have been happier for him. An overrated coach since he's been back, but a great person and deserving of a SB.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Champ Bailey is overated.Best shut down corner.Deion Sanders is the definition of a shut down corner they wouldn't even throw the ball in his direction half the time because they knew the INT was most likely the result

Well, the deal was an overrated player for an overrated player.

ATG
01-09-2005, 01:42 PM
QB sneak Manning, touchdown. 35-3.

He's got 360 yards passing.Good lord!!!

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:42 PM
360 yards passing for Manning, and 1 rushing yard.

GoM
01-09-2005, 01:43 PM
IND 35 DEN 3

I wish I stayed at IKEA :(

FlyersHomer DM03
01-09-2005, 01:44 PM
just some random thoughts

--call me old school, or blame it on my inner hockey fan, I'm the only one who probably thinks this way, but the personal foul call on Barton was pretty lame, I think the players should decide the game. There was a similar instance in the stl/sea game where a player was tackled about a yard out of bounds with two minutes left and it was let go. It was certainly enough of a hit to warrant a personal foul call, but Brees has a helmet on, he got up, too much protection on the QB's by the refs.

--defensive holding/interference has gotten wayy out of control. The guy that got nailed from seattle twice, (lucas?) were on very light calls, it's been like that all season.

--nate kaeding looked nervous but this one goes on schottenheimer, another home playoff loss where his team should have trounced the opposition. Reminiscent of in 1996 when his chiefs lost at arrowhead to the colts, when his kicker (lin elliott?) missed on a long field goal after the chiefs sat on the ball.

--Mike Shanahan needs to be fired, teh team needs to go in a new direction. Getting rid of him would officially end the "Elway era" and all such comparissons. this loss will mark three wild card rapings in the six years since elway's retirement.

--anyone see moss's interview on espn countdown? there is a major rift in the vikings locker room...packers BIG

Safir*
01-09-2005, 01:45 PM
360 yards passing for Manning, and 1 rushing yard.
Good Lord and it's only half time.
:eek:

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Halftime #'s

# of Colt punts - 1
# of Freeny sacks - 0
# of Plummer INT's - 1
# of times Champ Bailey gets toasted in pass coverage - not sure, but hasn't been too many as Rock Alexander has 3rd degree burns all over his body. If Alexander was a horse they would have shot him early in the 2nd quarter.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Halftime #'s

# of Colt punts - 1
# of Freeny sacks - 0
# of Plummer INT's - 1
# of times Champ Bailey gets toasted in pass coverage - not sure, but hasn't been too many as Rock Alexander has 3rd degree burns all over his body. If Alexander was a horse they would have shot him early in the 2nd quarter.
Rock Alexander is doing a fine job of impersonating Michael Boulware today.

Vic Rattlehead*
01-09-2005, 01:48 PM
$50 that say if Shannahan won't be back, Plummer and his $6M roster bonus won't be back next season either :)

EDIT: George Seifert's run in Carolina should show you how overrated a guy can be. Hell, Musgrave quit as the offensive coordinator because he couldn't stand him anymore.

Ya, but Musgrave is a horrible offensive coordinator. Called many bonehead plays for the Jags this season.

Hockeyfan02
01-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Anyone see Jake "the Snake" leading his team back?............Yeah I dont either.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Didn't I see this game on Tuesday?

zing

HughJass*
01-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Ya, but Musgrave is a horrible offensive coordinator. Called many bonehead plays for the Jags this season.

I'll trade you Henning for him. Henning is by far the most boring coordinator of all time. I've had to deal with this guy for two teams already.....

Ronnie Bass
01-09-2005, 01:53 PM
just some random thoughts

--call me old school, or blame it on my inner hockey fan, I'm the only one who probably thinks this way, but the personal foul call on Barton was pretty lame, I think the players should decide the game. There was a similar instance in the stl/sea game where a player was tackled about a yard out of bounds with two minutes left and it was let go. It was certainly enough of a hit to warrant a personal foul call, but Brees has a helmet on, he got up, too much protection on the QB's by the refs.

My thinking if a player is too stupid to realize that his blow to the head of a QB might cost his team the season he don't deserve a break. He knows the rules and every defensive player knows you can't touch the QB's head, it's one of the biggest no-no's that there is in the game. The ref made the right call.

FlyersHomer DM03
01-09-2005, 02:00 PM
My thinking if a player is too stupid to realize that his blow to the head of a QB might cost his team the season he don't deserve a break. He knows the rules and every defensive player knows you can't touch the QB's head, it's one of the biggest no-no's that there is in the game. The ref made the right call.

I was actually thinking the same thing, the first few replays didnt look that severe, but the more i saw it the more it looked like a rough blow. I still think there is too much qb protection by the refs, but that was probably a justified personal foul call. doesnt matter now, jets pulled it out

Ronnie Bass
01-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing, the first few replays didnt look that severe, but the more i saw it the more it looked like a rough blow. I still think there is too much qb protection by the refs, but that was probably a justified personal foul call. doesnt matter now, jets pulled it out

And thank god for Barton, New York would have crusified him, he would have been better off staying in San Diego if they lost.

ATG
01-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Lol what a play by Plummer from his knees

DJ Spinoza
01-09-2005, 02:19 PM
If Denver scores this drive, they may as well try an onside kick.

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 02:20 PM
If Denver scores this drive, they may as well try an onside kick.
They already turned it over on one though. But they don't have anything to lose.

ATG
01-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Don't look now but their coming back.Frank Reich in the building or something(same margin to)

Dr Love
01-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Don't look now but their coming back.Frank Reich in the building or something(same margin to)
I wonder how many Bronco fans out there are seriously thinking "we can win this!"

DJ Spinoza
01-09-2005, 02:24 PM
They already turned it over on one though. But they don't have anything to lose.

Yeah, true true. They have a whole quarter to play. I mean, technically they are still in some kind of striking defense, but it's three scores. They might be able to stop Manning once, but another Colts score really seals the deal.

Even with scoring this TD, they are still so far behind the Colts. If the convert an onside kick and then score with maybe 9/10 minutes left in the quarter, it gets a lot more interesting, but two scores is still a lot against the Colts.

They lost this game when they got too far behind. The call to overturn the Lelie first down really hurt them IMO. If they'd have scored then, then maybe they keep the score relatively close.

Anyways, they just kicked off and got a touchback.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I wonder how many Bronco fans out there are seriously thinking "we can win this!"

Beer Baron = Broncos Homer

ATG
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM

Ya your right they need 2 score td's and 2 two point conversions plus a FG

Dr Love
Beer Baron = Broncos Homer
You mean the dude who wears the barrell? He's probably too tanked to realize what the score is anyway.

Dr Love
Ya your right they need 2 score td's and 2 two point conversions plus a FG
And hold the Colts to 0 points in the 4th.

John Flyers Fan
01-09-2005, 02:28 PM
You mean the dude who wears the barrell? He's probably too tanked to realize what the score is anyway.

No, Flyers26 .... major Broncos Homer.

ATG
01-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Forget this the game is done.Wayne again!!!

ATG
01-09-2005, 02:32 PM
My money is on Peyton breaking the passing record.Hope you guys picked over in pro line