Dustin Slade, where did he go?

Cobras33
01-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Now that the WHL trade deadline passed. Any word where Dustin Slade went to. Did he get sent to Tier 2, or did somebody pick him up?

Canadian Chris
01-11-2005, 06:56 PM
he wasn't traded, nor was he actually assigned anywhere from what I believe. That being said, I think he is choosing to join the Surrey Eagles of the BCHL...which would make sense since the Eagles traded one of their goalies to Spruce Kings yesterday....so as it stands now, Slade is off to play for the Surrey Eagles

Hordichuk_24
01-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Interesting. I didn't know about that. I'll have to go to the next Surrey game. Unfortunately I think the next home game isn't until the end of the month...

Canadian Chris
01-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Check out the article...

It's from the Regina Leader Post

Cobras33
01-12-2005, 03:55 PM
The reason I started this thread, Dustin is my second cousin. His dad is my first cousin. I had'nt spoken to either one them since the beginning of December. He is actually a very nice guy/kid.........I do not follow the Pats anymore due to this situation..........On another note, Dustin turned down a full hockey scholarship to Harvard and another ivy league school to play in the W.H.L.

Fedz
01-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Slade was a top goalie prospect at the beginning of last year for the draft too. :eek:

BCCHL inactive
01-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Both parties are at fault for the situation. If Parker really didn't try to trade Slade, that isn't good. However, Slade would have never put himself in that situation if he wouldn't have had poor discipline, which was part of the reason Kamloops traded him to Regina in the first place.

Orv
01-12-2005, 10:37 PM
It's sounds to me that Parker did what he thought was in the best interest for his team, not necessarily for Slade. I think it's good that he was looking out for his teams interests, not a certain players.

Upchuck19
01-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Both parties are at fault for the situation. If Parker really didn't try to trade Slade, that isn't good. However, Slade would have never put himself in that situation if he wouldn't have had poor discipline, which was part of the reason Kamloops traded him to Regina in the first place.
Sure the kid has a discipline problem but hopefully Parker did his best to trade him. I know Parker is running a business, but you also have to help these kids to better themselves. Hopefully Slade can get on with someone else next fall and continue on?

Bully73
01-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Actually Kamloops traded him to Brandon as part of a blockbuster last year. Slade played one game in Brandon before being sent to Regina in return for Harding. I have read quite a bit in the past about Slade having some discipline problems (prior to the WHL even), but I think the main reason Kamloops traded him is because they had Dubnyk whom they liked better.

Gibsons Finest
01-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Parker didn't trade him, even though he said he was offered a pick in the top two rounds, which is good enough.

Parker is definetely an odd one. He can make good moves, especially like getting Garnet Exelby for the 2001 Mem Cup run, and the Pats have a very nice future. In hindsight, the Jacobsen trade is also looking very good.

OTOH, he didn't get nearly enough for Brad Stuart, Kyle Calder(he got lucky with Harding), and the aforementioned Harding(could be if McDonald pans out). One of the bigger pieces of the Harding deal is in the BCHL right now. He traded away Shawn Belle and Ryan Keller to make the Mem Cup run. And out of all the top end prospects he has, only one, Brett Leffler, might be a good power forward. He's also had top prospects, like Tanner Stockwell, flop.

If the Pats don't establish themselves as a team that can win within the next few years, Parker should be fired, but that'll likely remain a "should" for quite some time.