Pre Season Highlights

ComrieFanatic
09-19-2003, 07:48 AM
hey
just saw the pre season highlites against the Wild
Bertuzzi WAS NOT wearing the A on his jersey...any reason why?
also, i heard an interview on The Score about his contract situation, do you think it is at all possible he will leave Van next year?

monster_bertuzzi
09-19-2003, 11:05 AM
hey
just saw the pre season highlites against the Wild
Bertuzzi WAS NOT wearing the A on his jersey...any reason why?
also, i heard an interview on The Score about his contract situation, do you think it is at all possible he will leave Van next year?

The chances are slim. I think if he puts up 100+ points this season his agent might just price him out of the market. We all hope that doesnt happen :cry:. But Mccaw shelled out 5 million a season for Jovanovski dont forget, so I think Burke and Nonis will do everything possible to get #44 signed (hopefully a long term conteact :dunno: )

kmad
09-19-2003, 11:13 AM
I think Bertuzzi's agent has said that if he isn't signed to an extension by Oct 9, then he'll test the free agent market next year. I don't know if he's a FA or RFA though

maruk14
09-19-2003, 11:24 AM
He will only be a RFA next year. Next offseason will operate under the rules of the current CBA, which doesn't expire until 9/15.

This ownership group has shown a commitment to keeping the core of this team together. I would be very surprised if they let Bert walk unless he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money, something he has been quoted in the past as saying isn't the be all, end all of a deal.

Canadian Chris
09-19-2003, 11:25 AM
I thought Larsh and Shorty mentioned Todd having an 'A' last night? I'm almost 1000000% positive they said that he had one on....crazyness I tells ya!

and I think Bert will also have a deal done here.....I say....by November 18th.

ComrieFanatic
09-19-2003, 12:56 PM
ya, i saw the highlites, and no A on his shirt.....

Bertuzzi said that if he hadnt reached a contract by the start of the Reg. Season then he wouldnt negotiate until the off season, he didnt say he would go straight to the market

Tom.H
09-19-2003, 01:29 PM
I thought Larsh and Shorty mentioned Todd having an 'A' last night? I'm almost 1000000% positive they said that he had one on....crazyness I tells ya!

You are correct, I heard the same thing from Larsh & Shorty, though I didn't have the privilage of watching the highlights for myself.

Peter Griffin
09-19-2003, 02:14 PM

Bert and his agent have stated that they won't negotiate during the regular season, so unless they reach a deal before the season, and just sit on it for more than a month, this won't be happening... :) The start of the season is the deadline.

I do think that the Canucks will shell out the cash for Bertuzzi, as long as it isn't a rediculous ammount(no more than $7 mil per season). Naslund could be gone in a couple years, and it will be crucial IMO to at least have Bertuzzi around if Nazzy heads back to Sweden.

Canadian Chris
09-20-2003, 10:27 AM
I was just pulling a number outta my ass...geeeeeeeez...........as far as not negotiating during the season, I hadn't heard that. I have all the faith in the world that Burkey will be able to re-sign him though

PhillyNucksFan
09-20-2003, 11:00 AM
I cant think about canucks without Bert!!! As deep as a team Canucks is, without Bert, that makes Sedin the number one RW?? :dunno:

Anyone know who Bert's agent is and who else he represents??

I am quite sure Burke can get his job done, and Bert would probably make at least close to double to what he is making now at base salary in 3M ish?? say, $6.5M/year in a 3 or 4 year contract? I'd say he is well worth the $6.5-7M/year range if he produces another close or 100+ pt campaign. PLUS, he brings the physical presense that gives more room to his linemates, thats invaluable too!

at least more bang for the buck for Holik?? 8M/year for 5 years.. :joker: :joker:

SopelFan*
09-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Bertuzzi was apparently wearing the "A". What hilights did they show him without it... cuz they are limited and I saw the same ones everytime. Not once did you see the front of him. Although Linden and Jovo were in the lineup too so maybe that's why.

Bertuzzi should take a 5.5 million dollar offer to match Naslund's earnings next year. If he thought anything of Naslund he would respect his earnings and take it as an honour to be making the same amount as the captain and leading scorer :)

The friendships on the team has to make it even more of a bonus to signing.

maruk14
09-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Anyone know who Bert's agent is and who else he represents??
:

I think his name is Pat Morris. Anyway, both Bert and Jovo have the same agent so that is a good sign.

Mr. Canucklehead
09-20-2003, 12:10 PM
Wow. People are in an uproar because for one game, Bertuzzi didn't have an 'A' on his jersey. HOLY **** IT'S THE APOCALYPSE HE'S LEAVING HE WON'T SIGN WE'RE ALL DOOMED AH **** WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!

Holy Crap. It's alternating. And he's already worn the 'A' on several occasions(he did last year) so it's no big deal. And he won't be wearing it every night this year, so get used to it.

~Canucklehead~

fergo
09-20-2003, 02:25 PM
Bertuzzi wore an "A" for the game in Winnipeg. I can say that for sure, because I was at the game. ;) Naslund was captain, while Linden and Bertuzzi were his associate captains. :)

LaVal
09-20-2003, 02:29 PM
now who keeps the 'C'.... Naslund, or Langdon

tough choice ;)

ComrieFanatic
09-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Bertuzzi wore an "A" for the game in Winnipeg. I can say that for sure, because I was at the game. ;) Naslund was captain, while Linden and Bertuzzi were his associate captains. :)

i saw the highlites as they were showing his recent success, since they were talking about him being re signed...i saw the new shoulder logos on the jersey, and saw the front and had no A, so i assumed he didnt wasnt wearing it....also assumed that it was the pre season game because it was the first game they were wearing the new shoulder logos...i may be wrong

nazzy
09-20-2003, 02:53 PM
i saw the highlites as they were showing his recent success, since they were talking about him being re signed...i saw the new shoulder logos on the jersey, and saw the front and had no A, so i assumed he didnt wasnt wearing it....also assumed that it was the pre season game because it was the first game they were wearing the new shoulder logos...i may be wrong

The clip was probably from the blue/white intersquad game in Vernon..