Most likely to win the memorial trophy

gamerman44
01-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Who's the most likely to win the Memorial Trophy??

CharlieGirl
01-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Who's the most likely to win the Memorial Trophy??
One of the league champions, I'll bet...

Seriously, in a short tournament, anything can happen. London is ranked #1 in the CHL, but all it takes is one team to get on a roll in the tournament to beat anyone. I think right now, London would have to be the favourite (ranked #1 in the country PLUS playing on home ice).

Chootoi
01-23-2005, 10:23 AM
this is how i see it.

OHL - London is host and favourite yes, but not necessarily OHL champions. owen sound and peterborough have good teams and both have beaten the knights this year (petes for sure, not as sure about OS). anyways, either of those teams could easily give the knights more then they can handle, and could either wear the knights down in time for the mem cup or eliminate them early enough to get them off their game.

QMJHL - i think it will be a dog fight between chicoutimi, rimouski, halifax, and moncton. moncton is sliding big time though cause of injuries, if they can't turn it on when they get healthy again, you can count them out. moncton will only win low scoring tight games, crawford will have to carry them if they are to go far. halifax and rimouski are really burning it up right now. rimouski's defence and goaltending are getting better, and that offense never stops. halifax is also outplaying everyone right now. if churchill plays solid, the moose will be VERY tough to beat.

WHL - though i don't know much about the west, i think the teams to beat are saskatoon, kelowna, seattle, lethbridge. you could probably throw about a half dozen other teams in there aswell. from what i hear, seattle will win the west hands down. it looks to be very wide open though.

if i had to choose winners right now as of current performance (which doesn't mean didley), it'd look like this:

host - london
OHL - owen sound
WHL - lethbridge
QMJHL - rimouski/halifax (i really can't decide, as much as i'd like to see moncton win it i have my doubts in their scoring)

my 2 cents...

eaton28
02-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Host-London
QMJHL- Halifax
OHL-Sudbury
WHL- Saskatoon

HfxMoose
02-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Host- London Knights
QMJHL- Halifax Mooseheads
OHL- Peterborough Petes
WHL- Kootenay Ice

Peter
02-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Host-London
QMJHL- Halifax
OHL-Sudbury
WHL- Saskatoon

I can only speak for the WHL but if Saskatoon gets in I will eat my hat. They are in a ridiculously easy division. Kooteny Ice are the real deal. Vancouver is the dark horse. Medicine Hat is pulling together very nicely right now. Any one of those three teams will take the WHL.

Lefty
02-09-2005, 07:34 AM
I can only speak for the WHL but if Saskatoon gets in I will eat my hat. They are in a ridiculously easy division. Kooteny Ice are the real deal. Vancouver is the dark horse. Medicine Hat is pulling together very nicely right now. Any one of those three teams will take the WHL.

I think some people are crazy for saying Saskatoon as well. They have come a long way, but they are in an easy division. However, they did quite well on their west coast trip against teams like Vancouver, Kamloops, Kelowna, etc. I am pretty sure they beat both Vancouver and Kelowna. The fact remains that its the WHL and any team can get on a hot streak and go the distance in the playoffs.

Emerald City Bruin
02-09-2005, 01:31 PM
I think some people are crazy for saying Saskatoon as well. They have come a long way, but they are in an easy division. However, they did quite well on their west coast trip against teams like Vancouver, Kamloops, Kelowna, etc. I am pretty sure they beat both Vancouver and Kelowna. The fact remains that its the WHL and any team can get on a hot streak and go the distance in the playoffs.

They also got their lunch served to them by Seattle on the end of their eastern swing. Fourth game in 5 nights and they still won 5-1. I'm not saying Seattle will win the west (although they have a good shot) but I don't see anyone out of the east beating any of the top 3 teams from the west.

Peter
02-10-2005, 09:55 AM
They also got their lunch served to them by Seattle on the end of their eastern swing. Fourth game in 5 nights and they still won 5-1. I'm not saying Seattle will win the west (although they have a good shot) but I don't see anyone out of the east beating any of the top 3 teams from the west.

Medicine Hat is on a roll at the right time. They are generally healthy, they have two goalies who are both on their game right now and they are scoring. They are peaking well right now.