The Streak ends....

Canadian Chris
01-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Well...it's over...finally lol

For those of you who don't know...probably because I just didn't post it all in here - mind you, Van may have known since he's done a couple of games...but we were in the midst of quite the winless streak. 20 games to be exact. We were 0-18-2 over that span. Started the season 3-2 even...then we played Trinity Western University in a couple of exhibition games, won 4-2 on Saturday night, lost 7-4 the following morning with our back up being pulled 10mins into the game as we were down 4-0...

ANYWAYS...following those games we had some serious man issues. We were playing games with 6, 7 and 8 skaters from basicially the end of October through to the middle of December. In that time we tied once...which was a game we should've won had it not been for a stupid penalty on my part...lol...ANYWAYS....again...lol...Since Christmas we've slowly started to get some bodies back on the bench. The last 4 games we've had 3 sets of wingers, 2 centerman, and well...2 dmen, with a forward playing defense to make it 3.

Anyways, we had tied 7-7, lost 4-3, lost 6-5, and then LAST NIGHT...the streak ended...I don't know what happened, but we decided to play hockey apparently. We remembered how to play I guess...We won 9-1 :yo: although the records will say 8-1 because of a stupid rule in our league, where after 1 team gets up by more than 7 goals, the rest of the goals/points don't count....:madfire:....lol...Anyways, I finished the game technically with 2 goals and an assist.

That gives me 54pts in 24 games, and I've been on absolute fire since coming back from xmas break...I'm 3rd in the league in goals and now up to 8th in the league in points :handclap: Since the break I have 12 goals, 6 assists for 18pts in 6 games :thumbu: :win: and now I'm just trying to use a couple smilies I've never used before hahah....

Oddly enough...the last time we won a game in our league was right before we played Trinity Western University....about a week before we played them actually...and oddly enough...last night, was 1 week before we head South to Langley to play TWU....go figure....tis good to be a winner again

BCCHL inactive
01-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Shows how much attention I pay to the standings. According to the Lumber Kings, I tried to hand you guys the game last week with that late bodycheck call. I see them again Tuesday night. :banghead:

BTW, how's the foot?

Canadian Chris
01-22-2005, 04:04 PM
foots sore and a little swollen...but apparently I'm just really not liked by the guys in the league...lol

Last night Moleski ran me 3 times...once he led with a slash to the forearm, and then just planted me into the boards...I mean, had it been hitting hockey, it's a great hit...BUT...we both know it's not, but whatever....we won...and I'm happy :D

BCCHL inactive
01-22-2005, 04:48 PM
foots sore and a little swollen...but apparently I'm just really not liked by the guys in the league...lol

Last night Moleski ran me 3 times...once he led with a slash to the forearm, and then just planted me into the boards...I mean, had it been hitting hockey, it's a great hit...BUT...we both know it's not, but whatever....we won...and I'm happy :D

I hate non-bodychecking hockey. Even back in the day I was still reffing little kids, I always had trouble distinguishing a bodycheck from a rub/angle.

Then again, I hate the rec leagues period. The guy who slashed my partner and threatened to take me out in the parking lot this week got 10 games. Even so, that's not worth what we get paid. I'd rather scorekeep for half the money.

Oh well...back to the rinks. Lovely Peewee AAA, where middle-aged coaches feel tough talking down to 11-12 year-old players. :dunce: