Donnie Darko?

IceKatsRHot
09-19-2003, 12:43 PM
I have a good idea of what this is about but if anyone knows what this movie is exactly about from what they heard from credible sources, please let me know

dempsey_k*
09-19-2003, 12:47 PM
It sucked.

The bunny was god. There I just saved you two boobless hours.

(watch family guy instead).

ArtVandelei
09-19-2003, 01:58 PM
It sucked.

(watch family guy instead).

Yep. Even worse than the Holy grail.

Still, If you're like me, and can't get enough of Patrick Swaize- this one's for you.

barrytrotzsneck
09-19-2003, 02:02 PM
blasphemy.
if you're intelligent enough to follow it, i highly recommend it. i've found that the only people who didn't like it didn't understand it ;)

kmad
09-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Donnie Darko

Yes

Dwayne Roloson
09-19-2003, 03:48 PM
blasphemy.
if you're intelligent enough to follow it, i highly recommend it. i've found that the only people who didn't like it didn't understand it ;)

one of my favorite movies

PEli*
09-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Overrated but a decent movie. It's better than the other crap floating in the toilet bowl.

Vincent Vega
09-19-2003, 06:00 PM
I really enjoyed it. One of my favourites. Here is what its about from IMDB - 'During the presidential election of 1988, a teenager named Donnie Darko sleepwalks out of his house one night, and sees a giant, demonic-looking rabbit named Frank, who tells him the world will end in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. He returns home the next morning to find that a jet engine has crashed through his bedroom. As he tries to figure out why he survived and tries to deal with people in his town, like the school bully, his conservative health teacher, and a self-help guru, Frank continues to turn up in Donnie's mind, causing him to commit acts of vandalism and worse.'

Ensane
09-19-2003, 10:29 PM
It sucked.

agreed.

ArtVandelei
09-19-2003, 11:02 PM
blasphemy.

Did you read "The Philosophy of Time Travel", by Roberta Sparrow?

Vlad The Impaler
09-20-2003, 12:13 AM
I liked it!

I did not find that those who disliked it couldn't understand it. However, those I know who disliked it had a typical kneejerk reaction to what they feel was a pretentious movie.

Movies like Memento, Donnie Darko... a lot of people have a problem with it because of that. They feel if a movie tries to be "too smart", it has to be a load of garbage.

Meanwhile, they have no problems wasting precious time in front of the screen for "fun movies" that target brain dead and morons. Go figure.

Darko is two hours of entertainment, and it beats the **** out of 95% of the movies out there, not that it's THAT difficult to do. That movie is not rocket science or a revelation. It's just a good flick.

It's not an overrated movie by any means. There's much worse out there.

Rabid Ranger
10-05-2003, 04:25 PM
I just saw this flick for the first time the other night (LATE...........). I couldn't change the channel. Very strange, but thought provoking. My favorite scene was when Donnie and his girlfriend were at the movies and "Frank" appears. Donnie asks him to take off his rabbit suit, and Frank says "take of your mansuit". Hilarious.