David Hale

rpontbriand
09-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Being from the Colorado Springs area I was wondering how he was doing in camp / preseason. Any chance of him making the team?

JasonMacIsaac
09-19-2003, 01:57 PM
A huge chacne of him making the team, very solid in all aspects of the game. I say he is our #5 this year, good choice for rookie of the year if he gets ice time.

John Flyers Fan
09-19-2003, 07:38 PM
A huge chacne of him making the team, very solid in all aspects of the game. I say he is our #5 this year, good choice for rookie of the year if he gets ice time.

I know Jackman won last year, but tough for a defensive defenseman to win the award.

rpontbriand
09-19-2003, 08:03 PM

That would be cool then I could say I played pickup hockey with two NHLers. Brian Swanson and David Hale.

Joey24
09-20-2003, 07:30 AM
David Hale is going to be a solid defenceman for years to come. I think he will make the Devils defence this season as possably the #5 defenceman. I see him working up to the #4 spot ahead of Colin White. I seriously Doubt that Hale will get a chance to win Rookie of the year simply because the Devils defence is much deeper then Stl Blues was/is, there for making it hard for a 5th defenceman to get the ice time needed.

jiggs 10
09-20-2003, 09:52 AM
David Hale is going to be a solid defenceman for years to come. I think he will make the Devils defence this season as possably the #5 defenceman. I see him working up to the #4 spot ahead of Colin White. I seriously Doubt that Hale will get a chance to win Rookie of the year simply because the Devils defence is much deeper then Stl Blues was/is, there for making it hard for a 5th defenceman to get the ice time needed.
Agreed, but I think he was talking about being New Jersey's rookie of the year, not the whole NHL's. I think.

JasonMacIsaac
09-20-2003, 10:00 AM
I think if he plays with Niedermayer he will put up sililar stats to Jackman and has a good chance at the Calder.

Rabid Ranger
09-20-2003, 10:16 AM
I know Jackman won last year, but tough for a defensive defenseman to win the award.

True, although like Jackman, Hale is underrated offensively and might put up enough points to get recognition.

ttnorm
09-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Um, can we let him make the team before we nominate him for the Calder? He has got a ton of potential but is making a huge jump from NCAA dman (on an average defensive team) to the big show. Too much hype could hurt this kid with the fans. No need to rush this kid.

DevilFisch
09-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Um, can we let him make the team before we nominate him for the Calder? He has got a ton of potential but is making a huge jump from NCAA dman (on an average defensive team) to the big show. Too much hype could hurt this kid with the fans. No need to rush this kid.

I agree with this. I think Hale will be a solid d-man for the Devils for years to come, and I'm aware that he's performing well at camp; but he's got to stick with the roster before being a top anything for the season. Though, I don't think NJ will rush him. Has NJ ever rushed a prospect in recent memory?

rpontbriand
09-20-2003, 07:52 PM
The couple times I played with him he was going MAYBE half speed. He has decent size with good speed. Very good stick handling for a d-man and a nice low shot. Again he was just toying with us but he seemed like he had potential.