Couple questions....

IkeaMonkey*
09-19-2003, 04:32 PM
I am planning on attending the Caps/Pens game in Portland next Saturday and I have a couple of questions....

1.Does Mario usually play in preseason games?
2.Do the "big stars"(Straka, Morozov) usually play?
3.Should Fleury be playing?

Robert Paulson*
09-19-2003, 04:36 PM
I think it's going to depend on the lineups, Coach Olczyk is mixing them up for a while I believe.. Fleury is starting tomorrow's game.. so it's going to be the luck of the draw if you get any of your 3 questions granted.. hope they work out for you. :)

Big McLargehuge
09-19-2003, 04:37 PM
1. he'll play in some, but not this early. He'll probably play the last couple pre-season games if this season is like the last few
2. Straka will probably be like Lemieux to a lesser degree. Morozov probably should play next saturday. Straka probably will be by that point to.
3. Possibly, the goalie rotation is only set through sunday so far...

IkeaMonkey*
09-19-2003, 04:43 PM
What # game is that for the Pens,in regards to Straka/Mario?

Who is in the goalie rotation? Caron/Aubin/Fleury? Is Brochu? I'd like to see him come back to Portland with Fleury starting/backing him up....

Big McLargehuge
09-19-2003, 04:48 PM
I can't see Brochu playing unless it's as a back-up. He's gonna be, at best, Wilkes-Barre's back-up.

I'd like to see Chiodo get at least a start too.

There's no real "rotation", but it was Caron-Fleury-Aubin to start at least.

IkeaMonkey*
09-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Alright,thanks.

DJ Spinoza
09-20-2003, 09:05 AM
Doesn't look like you will see MAF, but who knows?

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/features/arts/475.0.php

Fleury will probably have no more than two or three opportunities to show what hes capable of during the pre-season. He is expected to also suit up when the Penguins travel to Halifax, Nova Scotia on Tuesday, so his every move will be scrutinized every time he hits the ice.

spence___
09-20-2003, 09:25 AM
1.Does Mario usually play in preseason games?

He didnt play any last year, I dont expect him to play any this year either.

Ticallion961
09-20-2003, 09:11 PM
i'm going to the pens/bruins game in halifax on tuesday, so i have similar questions, however i doubt Mario will play any pre-season games, not much point. Straka and Morozov will probably dress a couple games, but see limited ice time. As for Fleury, if they don't start him in Halifax, there is gonna be a lot of pissed of fans, cause Fleury is quite the fan favorite in Halifax now days.

DJ Spinoza
09-21-2003, 05:53 AM
The link I posted above says Fleury is starting in Halifax.

You will likely see Morozov.

Straka and Lemieux...I doubt it.

#1GuinFan
09-21-2003, 09:11 AM
Mario may play against Columbus, i think that's thier last pre-season game.