chl vs. ushl

neg marron
01-31-2005, 04:09 PM
how good is the united states hockey league ushl in comparison to the 3 leagues of the chl.
whl,qmjhl, and ohl
alot of the players in the ushl end up going the ncaa div 1 route
of the chl, ohl, and qmjhl which is most similar in play and skill level to the ushl
or is the competion of the chl that much higher than the ushl

Chootoi
01-31-2005, 07:47 PM
I have no clue of the level of play in the ushl but i can say this. ryan salvis had 26 points in 33 games in mostly a defensive role as a 20 year old for moncton before they let him go. he has 5 goals and 6 points in 6 games for lincoln in the ushl. whatever that tells you :dunno:

probably not much - at least i tried ;)

Flukeshot
01-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Though I believe the USHL is catching up somewhat. Just take a look at coverage, drafted players and representation in the WJC's. The CHL is far superior right now or else American jr players wouldn't still be flocking to the CHL. In The Hockey News the USHL gets about 3-4 sentences of coverage at the bottom of an otherwise CHL filled page.

BCCHL inactive
01-31-2005, 08:34 PM
The USHL only bumped up to US Tier 1 (equivalent to Canadian Major Junior) last season. Before that, the league was US Tier 2 (equivalent to Canadian Jr.A). The calibre of play in the USHL is more comparable to say, the BCHL, than any of the three Canadian Major Junior leagues.

Bruno8
01-31-2005, 10:44 PM
The USHL only bumped up to US Tier 1 (equivalent to Canadian Major Junior) last season. Before that, the league was US Tier 2 (equivalent to Canadian Jr.A). The calibre of play in the USHL is more comparable to say, the BCHL, than any of the three Canadian Major Junior leagues.

I agree.

LaLaLaprise
02-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Ryan Salvis had 3 goals in 35 games for Moncton in the CHL...he is now in Lincoln in the USHL and has a goal per game. That should tell you a lot.