Czech prospects

endacka
02-07-2005, 02:19 PM
I am interested who you guys consider to be our best prospects of hockey.

My votes go to:

Forwards:
1. Rostislav Olesz - Consistent, two way forward able to play in the NHL next season.
2. Milan Michalek - Two way forwar, strong on both ends of the ice, injuries might be a problem. If not, great NHL future.
3. Jiri Hudler - The most talented guy I have seen, well, in a long time. I say he is amazing player to watch and he will get even better.

D-men:
1. Ladislav Smid - Still has his spot (as an 19 yers old) in strong Liberec squad (among Fischer, Modry, Kloucek or Jirus) that says it all.
2. Lukas Krajicek - havent seen him a while but due to a lack of young D-men he is on this list
3. ? Well I could come up with a few names, but noone really promising, so its up to you.

Goalies:
1. Marek Schwarz - The most talented goalie we have had since Hasek, future regular NHLer, might even become a star.
2. Tomas Duba - Underrated in my opinion, still young and if he is given a chance, he would prove he is NHL ready.
3. Lukas Mensator - He has improved a lot since last season and is sure ready to no.1 goalie spot in Extraleague

Tomas Popperle - has not been drafted yet but proved to be a very solid goaltender, big surprise this season.

Misha.cz
02-07-2005, 05:51 PM
and some younger guys:
Tomas Repik (Sparta), David Kveton (Zlin), Michael Frolík (Kladno)...

Golbez
02-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Don't forget Tomas Plekanec - Most productive czech in the AHL!!

endacka
02-08-2005, 03:14 AM
Considering prospects, it seems like there is not enough defense in our country. We have got some promising young D-men who already play on the NHL level such as Klesla, Fischer, Skoula or even Kaberle but not enough young talented guys who could develop into 1st line players in the NHL. Vagner, Nemec, Barinka? I dont think eighter of them could be 1st line player, what do you think?

endacka
02-08-2005, 03:16 AM
Don't forget Tomas Plekanec - Most productive czech in the AHL!!

Sure but he was born in 82 if I am not mistaken, it is the same year as for example Nedorost. Both of these guys could become NHLers but they will turn 23 this season.

endacka
02-08-2005, 03:19 AM
I have totally forgotten Jakub Kindl. OK, there is a talent. Frolik could be SOME player (I love what he did against the Swiss on the U-20 this year) but is still very young so the predictions are way harder.

Misha.cz
02-08-2005, 04:56 AM
defencemen are problem in the WHOLE czech hockey. even in czech league - good older d-men are getting older and older and there is no replacement. Many guys, who wouldnt play on this level some years before, appear on extraliga rosters these times and play regulary. It continues to national team: who to choose to play there? Not a wide choice.. I see some hope in Vsetin, now they play with Nemec, Frolo, Chvatal and Hrabal, all of them born 84 or 85. And if these guys will have enough ice time, they could develop. Not into NHL stars, but into good players..