WWE Question

Mack
09-20-2003, 12:24 PM
I was wondering how much guys int he WWE get paid, it cat be *that* much compared to what other sports/entertainment people get.
Someone like The Rock, how much would he be paid? or HHH.

Douggy
09-20-2003, 12:29 PM
I imagine at the top end, the guys in the WWE make a ton of money (ie $1-2 Million/year), but any wrestler not in the WWE probably makes Peanuts.

Brodeur
09-20-2003, 01:09 PM
For some reason, I'm thinking even the midcarders are getting paid pretty well for what they do. I might be wrong on this, but I seem to remember that guys like Bradshaw, Rikishi, etc make on the lower 6 figures. This was one of the reasons why they went to brand extension since they had all these midlevel wrestlers making good cash and not really having any air time.

The wrestlers also get a certain percentage of the ticket revenue, and I know the bigger guys like Austin get a percentage of their particular merchandise revenue.

redux46
09-20-2003, 03:22 PM
wrestlers are very underpaid. If they had a union they would be making at least NHL like salaries

oilers_guy_eddie
09-20-2003, 03:28 PM
paid pretty well for what they do

I have to point out, "what they do" is a nightmare. Both the physical toll and the grueling year-round travel schedule would wreck most people.

Mack
09-20-2003, 03:30 PM
I have to point out, "what they do" is a nightmare. Both the physical toll and the grueling year-round travel schedule would wreck most people.

unless thier spouses are in the business with them ie Torrie, kidman Steph, HHH you have no life

Epsilon
09-20-2003, 03:39 PM
The WWE has relatively low base salaries (at least compared to the ridiculous guaranteed money that WCW used to dish out) but the wrestlers can earn a lot more because they get a cut of gate, PPV, and merchandising revenues. For instance, in 2001, Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock both earned about 1.5 million dollars guaranteed, but their total earnings were each over 10 million due to bonuses.

Hitman*
09-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Not to mention guys like the Rock get millions in endorsements each year aswell. The more high profile you are, the more you make from outside sources. The WWE itself pays only a fraction of some of these guys incomes.

Vyse64
09-20-2003, 04:04 PM
with the WWE controling the whole NA tv side of wresting and when Vince brought out WCW and ECW i think it became harder for the wrester to get paid any higher

monkey_00*
09-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Not to mention guys like the Rock get millions in endorsements each year aswell. The more high profile you are, the more you make from outside sources. The WWE itself pays only a fraction of some of these guys incomes.

You're right........most of the top guys are lucky if they even crack the $1-million mark (Believe it or Not) and have to really rely heavily on the Endorsements.........Having said that I do remember when Pro Wrestling reached it's Zenith in the 1980s and the Big Star was Hulk Hogan...back then he was making over $6-million a year off of Vince McMahon but again he was making alot more with the Endorsements.