Rimouski @ Gatineau 7:00pm ET

MissConduct22
02-11-2005, 11:34 AM
The game can be seen live in all regions on Rogers Sportsnet tonight, starting at 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m. PT.

Blackshad
02-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Why is it always Rimouski.. I really like the team but we never see the Sags or Shawinigan on tv. Iv seen rimouski on tv like 12 times this year. (Cogeco cable + RDS + Sportsnet).
Anyway, i hope this will be a great game like the one in Québec.

Chootoi
02-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Why is it always Rimouski..

sidney cro..... does this question even need to be answered? or asked for that matter? out of 17 chl games broadcast by rogers sportsnet this year (exculding all star games, prospect games, etc...) the Q got 2 :amazed: (well dip me in mustard and call me hot dog) both featuring rimouski (surprise,....yawn). no one cares about the Q...bottom line, the QMJHL is the rodney dangerfield of the CHL, no respect. that's the way the media works - all canada wants to see is crosby, crosby, crosby - so that's what they get. if he wasn't playing in the Q, i'd be willing to put money that the league wouldn't even get 1 game of national coverage, let alone 2.

stugotz
02-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Hopefully the game isn't centered too much around Crosby...(which we all know it will) both teams have great players that should also be focused on.

Im crossing my fingers for a Neilson vs. Starenky match up tonight!!!

Blackshad
02-11-2005, 03:00 PM
sidney cro..... does this question even need to be answered? or asked for that matter? out of 17 chl games broadcast by rogers sportsnet this year (exculding all star games, prospect games, etc...) the Q got 2 :amazed: (well dip me in mustard and call me hot dog) both featuring rimouski (surprise,....yawn). no one cares about the Q...bottom line, the QMJHL is the rodney dangerfield of the CHL, no respect. that's the way the media works - all canada wants to see is crosby, crosby, crosby - so that's what they get. if he wasn't playing in the Q, i'd be willing to put money that the league wouldn't even get 1 game of national coverage, let alone 2.Man i know its because of him.... i didnt need to be answered. I just find this steal the spot light on other teams that deserve it.

Chootoi
02-11-2005, 03:59 PM
true dat.

Le Golie
02-11-2005, 05:33 PM
sidney cro..... does this question even need to be answered? or asked for that matter? out of 17 chl games broadcast by rogers sportsnet this year (exculding all star games, prospect games, etc...) the Q got 2 :amazed: (well dip me in mustard and call me hot dog) both featuring rimouski (surprise,....yawn). no one cares about the Q...bottom line, the QMJHL is the rodney dangerfield of the CHL, no respect. that's the way the media works - all canada wants to see is crosby, crosby, crosby - so that's what they get. if he wasn't playing in the Q, i'd be willing to put money that the league wouldn't even get 1 game of national coverage, let alone 2.

Hot dog.

Hordichuk_24
02-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Im crossing my fingers for a Neilson vs. Starenky match up tonight!!!

Don't count on it. Neilson has been out for a while now. I heard he has been suffering from mono.

alecfromtherock
02-12-2005, 12:23 AM
The game was interesting to watch.

Rimouski had 3 goals in under 5:00 on David Tremblay, his replacement goalie Olivier Laliberte gave up one goal with 26 shots in 55:17.

Last game these two teams played Tremblay had to be taken out after 10:00 giving up 4 goals(HERE’S AN IDEA START OLIVER AGAINST RIMOUSKI)

Gatineau had some great scoring chances on the PP, they had a 5-3 for over 1 minuet, kept passing it instead of SHOOTING it.

GAT did manage to prevent the Shutout for Rimouski with Luke Pelham’s 7:37 3rd period goal and came on physical after the first period.

There was almost a bench-clearing Brawl between the 2 teams in the third:

Crosby started it by cross-checking the player that took him down near the net(not called) that player then retaliates and starts a nasty chain of events.

Here are the plenties which all happened at 1:04

Penalties: RIM - Mario Jr. Scalzo (01:04)(maj.), RIM - Nicolas Bachand (01:04), RIM - Nicolas Bachand (01:04)(misc.), RIM - Patrick Coulombe (01:04)(maj.), RIM - Patrick Coulombe (01:04)(g.misc.), RIM - Sidney Crosby (01:04), GAT - Martin Fréchette (01:04), GAT - Martin Fréchette (01:04), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(maj.), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(maj.), GAT - Ryan Graham (01:04)(g.misc.), GAT - Sam Roberts (01:04), GAT - Maxime Rousseau

Gatineau had the better fighters on the ice that time, a RIM players eye was closed shut when he returned from the dressing room and returned on the ice

Another thing GAT prevented RIM was Crosby’s game-point streak(Mario you are never going to be beaten with your record 61 game-point streak)

Crosby was effectually taken out of this game with only 4 shots on net(that’s what happens when one player is assigned to be Crosby’s shadow for the entire game)

Wouldn’t it be funny if RIM and GAT end up in the finals :)