The D

kasper11
09-21-2003, 07:40 AM
How have the young dmen (Mezei, Van Ryn, Krajicek, Novak) looked in camp? Which ones will make the team?

Epoch
09-21-2003, 07:42 AM
I really hope Branislav Mezei makes the team. He deserves it.:D

Rattrick
09-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Mezei has looked really good in camp and is pretty much a lock to make the team. Van Ryn has looked really well, but the logjam may force him out. Novak has been injured for about a week, so his chances may have been hurt. Krajicek was injured and apparantly Duds has been really upset with him for not following his workout plan that was handed him.

Coolburn
09-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Van Ryn has looked really well, but the logjam may force him out. The way he's played in these first 2 preseason games, I'd have to disagree. I think he's forcing someone else out as a result of his play (probably Gill and/or Trnka). Mezei from all reports is a strong defender and his offensive potential is coming thru. With these 2 games over, here's what I'd like to see for top 4 defenders:

Jay Bo - Odelein (Lyle will be perfect partner for Jay but we haven't seen him yet)
Mezei - Van Ryn

Heimy
09-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Easy there Rich...before Odelein is gifted with the #2 defenseman spot let's see how well (or poorly) he plays. ;)

Coolburn
09-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Easy there Rich...before Odelein is gifted with the #2 defenseman spot let's see how well (or poorly) he plays. ;)Actually before I finished the post I had Van Ryn as the #2 and Odelein as #4. But then I remembered that Keenan is coaching this team and figured I'm not leaping out too far on that limb. We all know how he loves his vets and many sports writers are predicting the same pairing. :handclap:

Takkie
09-21-2003, 12:31 PM
i saw we gift Odelein with the #2 spot simply so he can be a reliable stay at home presence for Jay-bo. sort of like Jackman and Macinnis

Heimy
09-21-2003, 12:52 PM
i saw we gift Odelein with the #2 spot simply so he can be a reliable stay at home presence for Jay-bo. sort of like Jackman and Macinnis

Just my opinion Takkie but Odelein is not even in Macinnis' league

pb1300
09-21-2003, 12:59 PM
I just hope Keenan doesnt play Odelein like he did Yuskevich last year, 14-17 mins a game. Van Ryn has looked really good too. We have such a log jam at a postion we used to be thin at a couple of seasons ago.

Rattrick
09-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Just my opinion Takkie but Odelein is not even in Macinnis' league

I don't think he was implying that. He was just saying that they will complement each other.