Which NBA team has the brightest future?

Bruinaholic
02-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Not saying that the Celtics have the brightest future but they have some pretty good young weapons.....
Tony Allen(23 years old) is really athletic, seems to be pretty damn good defensively and has put up some points in limited minutes.
Al Jefferson(20 years old) is huge 6-10 265 and physical down low, and can score + rebound....hes gonna be a 16pg 8.5reb guy in the future(Elton Brand mold)
Kendrick Perkins(19 years old) has been brought along slowly, is huge w/ a crazy long arms and has shown a physical edge
Delonte West (22 year old PG) he was hurt early in the year and hasnt played alot of minutes but in a game recently he got some pretty good minutes in relief of Payton and looked awesome,pushes the ball up the court and has some very good passing skills, has a pretty good shooting range as well.
What other teams stand out?

Brock
02-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Cleveland because of Lebron James, and Lebron James.

Dark Knight
02-18-2005, 10:41 PM
here's my take..

Chicago- Deng, Gordon, Curry, Chandler, Hinrich...this is going to be one solid squad.

Toronto- Bosh...enough said.

Washington- very underrated team this year. One of my favorites. You do not want to face them in the playoffs. May surprise you.

Boston- All the reasons you mentioned. Al Jefferson is my favorite in Boston.

Charlotte- Yes! Charlotte...they have a leader in Emeka. Give them 3 more seasons and they'll be a decent squad.

San Antonio- With their good drafting and a leader in Duncan, they cant go wrong.

Fish on The Sand
02-18-2005, 10:42 PM
I bet none of you guys knew that Phoenix is the youngest team in the nba, and they have the 2nd best record in the nba as well.

leafaholix*
02-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Chicago... easily.

Dark Knight
02-18-2005, 10:45 PM
I bet none of you guys knew that Phoenix is the youngest team in the nba, and they have the 2nd best record in the nba as well.

Ooh yeah...totally forgot about them. They can never go wrong with Nash. Nash is their centre piece. When he falls, they fall...But they're set for a while.

ATG
02-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Denver-Melo,K-Mart etc good young players

Chicago-Same thing

Toronto:Bosh of course but those draft picks in the VC may be key.If we can snag someone like Gerald Green(compared to T-Mac) than we could be in buisness

Others:

Utah
Seatle
Cleveland

Fish on The Sand
02-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Ooh yeah...totally forgot about them. They can never go wrong with Nash. Nash is their centre piece. When he falls, they fall...But they're set for a while.
Well, he isn't going to be around forever, but Barbosa will be able to take over as he has been very good this year.

Bruinaholic
02-18-2005, 10:48 PM

I was gonna mention them.......
Richardson,Marion,Stoudemire,Johnson are all under 25
Nash is the elder states men at 31.
Id think that w/ Bo Outlaw on there roster and w/ the aqusitions of Jim Jackson and WALTAHH Mcarthy there average age went up a bit(they did deal3 very young guys Lampe/Jacobsen)

edit-Marion is 26

Fish on The Sand
02-18-2005, 10:52 PM
I was gonna mention them.......
Richardson,Marion,Stoudemire,Johnson are all under 25
Nash is the elder states men at 31.
Id think that w/ Bo Outlaw on there roster and w/ the aqusitions of Jim Jackson and WALTAHH Mcarthy there average age went up a bit(they did deal3 very young guys Lampe/Jacobsen)
well Outlaw was there the whole time, essentially it was a 2 for 2 switch.

Chaos
02-18-2005, 11:02 PM

But they rely on Nash....when he's finished(in 3 or 4 years) they will be in some trouble. As for the topic, I'd say Chicago, but I gotta give some love for my Mavs. Terry is just 27. Dirk is only 26. Howard and Daniels are both 24. Harris is 21. Podkolzin is going to be a stud, but its gonna take him a while to get there(he's only 19). There's a damn good starting lineup 5 years down the line.

Fish on The Sand
02-18-2005, 11:09 PM
But they rely on Nash....when he's finished(in 3 or 4 years) they will be in some trouble. As for the topic, I'd say Chicago, but I gotta give some love for my Mavs. Terry is just 27. Dirk is only 26. Howard and Daniels are both 24. Harris is 21. Podkolzin is going to be a stud, but its gonna take him a while to get there(he's only 19). There's a damn good starting lineup 5 years down the line.
my point is though in 3 or 4 years Barbosa will be more than capable of taking the reins.

TVanek26*
02-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Chicago.

Luol Deng,Tyson Chandler,Kirk Hinrich,Ben Gordon....and Eddy Curry.

Eddy Curry was nick named Baby Shaq before he got drafted,and is taking steps to earn that nickname

canuck293
02-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Curry has yet to even play close to his potential he is closer to a bust than Shaq. Lately he is beginning to pick up his play though!

Regardless, brightest futures belong to:
Chicago (provided they add some good veteran prescence!)
Toronto (Bosh and Bonner good core mixed with Araujo and hopefully Sow, add in the bounty of picks we have in the nest two drafts, and they can be set!)
PHoenix ( for obvious reasons!)
Boston ( again a plethora of good young players!)

Habsfan 32
02-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Detroit is not that old right?

Bruinaholic
02-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Detroit is not that old right?
umm Sheed is maybe 30, Ben is up there(29-31 off the top of my head)
Chauncey is 28, Rip is 27ish....Darko is only 19
They arent that old, id say most likely in the middle of the Pack

just found the roster info
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/det/roster