Worst feeling ever playing hockey

JMW814
02-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Either physically or mentally or both.

Mentally, the worst i ever felt was losing in the championship game, in OT, off a deflecetion, that went off the top of my stick!! :banghead:

Physically, I got slashed so hard in the wrist, it broke, then I fell right on it. That kind of hurt but i have been lucky injury wise. first game back, i jabbed him a few times in the back and legs with the butt of my stick when i was in his d-zone, just to make sure he knew i hadnt forgotten :lol:

RJ8812
02-23-2005, 12:29 AM
obviously losing a championship game, doesant matter how, losing it just....BLOWS

Anthony*
02-23-2005, 12:53 AM
various pucks to the balls

nothing compares to that

Sticks of Fury
02-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Booked the rink and got some people to play. Phoned for a 2 goalies to make sure they would come.

Went in on the goalie tried the deke to my left stop and stick it in the right side. Couldn't stop and fell on top of his left leg. He let out a scream and I sprained his knee. Felt really bad and then he said he was going to miss out on his marathon or biathalon the next day. :blush:

Just this year practicing with a team that we can just drop in. The ice hockey team was just practicing and they only had one goalie. Went in during a practice drill and shot the puck through the legs. I hit the goale and when I went to line up in the corner of the rink, I see him fall flat on his back groaning. I sorta gulped a bit and hoped it was the other guy coming in on the drill. I got him in the you-know-what. He had to be helped off the ice.... He was ok after a while but man, I can feel the blame when I knocked out their goalie and they have no goalies to practice with now.

stv11
02-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Once I lost a playoffs game after leading during more than 59'30. We took the lead after 7 seconds and stay ahead the whole game, only to conceed the game tying goal with less than 30 seconds to play. Then there was a faceoff in our own zone with 2 seconds to go, and they scored off the faceoff at the buzzer. But it wasn't my worst ever hockey experience...

The worst I ever felt in hockey was after loosing a semi-final playoffs game in a shoot out after easily winning the regular season, the first round serie and the first game of the semi-final (it was a best of two serie, if each team win one game, overtime and shootout). Talk about destroying a great season in one game...It still hurts like it was yesterday...

When I think about it, it was yesterday.

Erngueva
02-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Letting a slap-shot in from the red line in front of 3000 spectators when you're 12 years old. Now that's hurt.

balddog66
02-23-2005, 08:12 AM
I just hate having the other team run up the score...playing recreation hockey, a player on the other team "accidentally" runs our goalie...hurts his knee and our short bench has to play half the game with no goalie and then through in a defensemen to play...they keep pounding in the goals showing no mercy..and no sportsmanship...final score 11-3.

Worst injury is when you get the wind knocked out of you....rolling around on the ice with everyone looking at you, with that fear you'll never get your breath back.
Long term, was the broken collarbone, and every game is when you've husled your ass off and you come to the bench ready to puke...lol

markov`
02-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Letting a slap-shot in from the red line in front of 3000 spectators when you're 12 years old. Now that's hurt.

No one beats that! :lol:

Strong Island
02-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Any time my team loses.

hockeystud938
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
once in a championship game we were in overtime and this kid on the other team took a slap shot from the point and i was standing right about where the hash marks are and the shot hit my shin gaurd and went into the net. it SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

Roughneck
02-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, I don't know if this would be mental or physical, but getting all your stuff on, getting out on the ice then having to go...you know.

Lets face it, it has happened to everybody, and you go through the thoughts, 'can I play through this, or should I bolt?'

Anyways, losing Minor Hockey Week 3 years in a row in the championship in overtime sucked alot. Two of the years being the crappy 'no-goalie' overtimes.

Accord
02-23-2005, 06:45 PM
When we got shut out 11-0 a few weeks ago, that was a major low point, lol.

futurcorerock
02-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Nothing compares to the agonizing pain I feel waiting for my orthotic inserts to settle into my boot. Pain shooting up my leg for nearly 40 minutes until finally it subsides.

KOVALEV10*
02-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Wost feeling I used to get was when I had a great scoring chance to tie the game or to win it in OT and miss that really was a major blow. And of course when your team is losing nothing is worse then that.

Habsfan 32
02-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Physical has to be when I broke a vertebrea in my back last year and mentally has to be not being able to help the team for a month because of that stupid injury.

Crossbar
02-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Letting a slap-shot in from the red line in front of 3000 spectators when you're 12 years old. Now that's hurt. That would certainly be my choice, that and breaking an expensive stick right away. :cry:

jacklours
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Condiser the title of this thread and you'll know who I play for

JUNIOR A
PJ G P N PD PF BP BC Diff PTS
SMOOTH SHERMONT 22 18 3 1 0 0 113 50 63 53
TURMEL LAC-MÉGANTIC 21 13 5 3 0 0 97 55 42 41
SHARKS EAST ANGUS 21 12 6 3 0 0 79 49 30 39
TITAN SHERMONT 22 10 11 1 0 0 75 84 -9 36
EXPRESS SHERMONT 24 8 12 4 0 0 94 98 -4 36
LES MINEURS CLUB PISCINE 20 7 12 1 0 0 64 96 -32 25
MAGOG 22 2 17 3 0 0 56 135 -79 20

Other thing I hate too is breaking a Sher-wood stick, I sell Sher-Wood stuff and many sticks so everytime I break one people make fun of me and make fun of the quality of my sitcks

Edit : I just noticed all my numbers are in a bunch I took time to spread em out but i'll have to put dashes eventually in between them sorry about the mess

Edit 2: I also noticed everything is still in French gotta go to work however

Form and Substance
02-24-2005, 11:59 AM
A couple of years ago, my coach was telling me that I was playing too soft. so I start getting rough and I evantually took a dumb penalty that impaired my team for four minutes. Luckliy they killed it off and I get on the ice when the other team is deep in our zone and controling the play. The point man took a slap shot, I slid in front of his stick, the puck bounced on my waist and goes straight for the top corner. 5-4...OT
:cry:

Gee Wally
02-24-2005, 12:12 PM

I feel your pain.

I did that many moons ago when I played bantam...no place to hide out there.

DJmastamind
02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Losing the Championship game sucks no matter what. I've lost several.

This past weekend we lost to a team we def. should have beat. They scored in the last 5 second. That is a rotten feeling.

Physically, someone broke my wrist with a tomahawk slash. I just fell and slid right into the boards.

Markov
02-24-2005, 04:28 PM
For me it was taking a shot into the throat. I've broken my ankle and arm before but nothing was as bad as this. I stayed down for a couple minutes when it happened. The worst part wasn't exactly the pain but the fact I could not breathe. That was some scary stuff.

Useful Idiot
02-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I just started playing this year (was 16 when I started and am 17 now) and the first time I went on the ice for house league evaluations was probably my worst feeling mentally and physically. Prior to going on the ice I had skated three times last year and that was it aside from a few times when I was 7 or 8 so I could barely stop and I would have to keep my head down when skating with the puck. I was really nervous because it was new to me, I didn't know how I would do and I knew a lot of the players were older than me and have been playing for years and years. I thought I was going to throw up because I was so nervous and I was doubting myself before stepping onto the ice so that didn't really help mentally.

Steelhead16
02-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I was just talking about this my son the other day. I was playing Juniors with a guy who was racing to the point to block a shot. He put his stick out in front and made a ramp and the slapshot hit him in the mouth coming up at a 45 degree angle. It went up through his jaw, took out all his teeth on that side of his face, broke his cheek bone, orbital bone and crushed his sinus on that side. He ended up losing his eye from it also. I was about 12 feet away and blood splattered on me. He didn't go down right away, but skated to the Zamboni door behind the net and as the door opened he passed out into a guys arms. It's been over 20 years and I can still hear that sound, like a baseball bat hitting a pumpkin. I played pick up hockey with him a few years after that so he didn't give up the game all together but it was a scary scene.

Jysk
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
In the warmups before a game and we recived a message that our team captin had died in a car crash on his way to the game.

JMW814
02-25-2005, 06:58 PM
thats horrible man... :( all the other pain comes and goes, but that is a really hard blow. i hope you went out there and won the game for him, if you guys even played, he would have been really proud of you.

usmhuskies
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Last sat: blowing a 3-1 lead in the 3rd against Babson in the ECAC Semi-finals...Wasn't playin but i was there and I felt for each one of the guys...

IdiotsPickedMyName*
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Physically i was on a break away i was about 10 feet from the top of the crease when the goalie dives forwards and takes my legs out. (Im going full speed at this point) I hit the goalie go crashing into the net and either the impact with the goalie/net/boards i shattered my right Femeur in 3 places and broke both collarbones. It took me a month to get out of the hospital and i had 2 titanium rods in my legs for 6 months afterwards. This effectively ended my playing Career (which wasnt really going anywhere) which is the worst Mental pain ive had to endure.

Scoogs
03-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Last Saturday... Semi-Finals.

Had a game, completely dominated. Leading 4-1, 3rd period. 4 minutes left, they score. 4-2. Minute after. 4-3. Minute after, 4-4. 30 seconds left. 5-4. We lost.

I mean, wtf? :banghead: Our team does not know how to hold a lead. Ousted.

Erik
03-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Playing goal, lots of traffic in front of the net, guy fell on my leg and I ended up twisting my knee... not that bad, I've had worse, but the worst part was we were up 1-0 with 3 minutes left and didn't have a backup dressed, so it was an auto-forfeit.

PanthersRule96
03-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Any time a puck goes in off you it sucks.

The worst moment ever though for me was in the playoffs, doing 2 of 3 games, our goalie made a stop and I was our top scorer by far on the team, me and the goalie got all mixed up and i skated in front of the net and went to pick it up and I went from backhand to forehand stickhanding and we were both all mixed up and I mis-stickhandled it and it went in the net like when I was cutting through the crease to pick it up. Like I acidentally slid the puck in when I missed the puck on a backhand to forehand stickhandle. No one noticed though and everyone blamed it on some kid on the other team when he came flying in trying to poke the puck in but I accidentally did it. That was in overtime so we lost the game on that goal. But we won the series and I got hat-tricks in the next two games so w/e.

Another terrible feeling was after having a bad game playing 18U as a 15 year old, we were down 5-4 in the playoffs, our elimination game where we would be knocked out and I got the puck in front of the net like wide open in the slot, and I did my signature deke that I'm money on all the time, Pavel Bure did it all the time, and from watching him, instead of sliding it 5 hole on the backhand, I put it way out on my backhand and slid them in, but anyways, I did that move coming in like all alone in front as the puck bounced right to me and I hit the side of the net after faking out the goalie on the backhand. I was like so mad because we lost that game 5-4. We also hit the crossbar with like 10 seconds left. It was bad though because I was our teams top goal scorer as a 15 year old playing 18 and Under Midget travel in FLA.

pitkanen>bouwmeester
04-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Any time a puck goes in off you it sucks.

The worst moment ever though for me was in the playoffs, doing 2 of 3 games, our goalie made a stop and I was our top scorer by far on the team, me and the goalie got all mixed up and i skated in front of the net and went to pick it up and I went from backhand to forehand stickhanding and we were both all mixed up and I mis-stickhandled it and it went in the net like when I was cutting through the crease to pick it up. Like I acidentally slid the puck in when I missed the puck on a backhand to forehand stickhandle. No one noticed though and everyone blamed it on some kid on the other team when he came flying in trying to poke the puck in but I accidentally did it. That was in overtime so we lost the game on that goal. But we won the series and I got hat-tricks in the next two games so w/e.

Another terrible feeling was after having a bad game playing 18U as a 15 year old, we were down 5-4 in the playoffs, our elimination game where we would be knocked out and I got the puck in front of the net like wide open in the slot, and I did my signature deke that I'm money on all the time, Pavel Bure did it all the time, and from watching him, instead of sliding it 5 hole on the backhand, I put it way out on my backhand and slid them in, but anyways, I did that move coming in like all alone in front as the puck bounced right to me and I hit the side of the net after faking out the goalie on the backhand. I was like so mad because we lost that game 5-4. We also hit the crossbar with like 10 seconds left. It was bad though because I was our teams top goal scorer as a 15 year old playing 18 and Under Midget travel in FLA.

You're so modest! :biglaugh:

Injektilo
04-14-2005, 01:22 AM
I got hit in the ankle blocking a shot two weeks ago. The only reason i went down to block it was cause i felt bad about screening our goalie on a goal they scored just a few minutes before. Now that really ****ing hurt.

So now I still can't walk on it properly, and I've missed probably 8 hours of icetime I could have had over the last two weeks, including tomorrow night when I have the ice rented for myself and a bunch of friends for two hours, only now I'll be watching from the bench.

bah. :cry:

ArtG
04-14-2005, 03:23 AM
I used to be a goalie when I was younger, I've had a few really bad experiences. The one that sticks out in my mind is a the last game of the season when I was in grade 6/7 can't quite recall. I was having a really solid game, stopping almost everything. Anyway, my team battled back to tie and send the game to OT. So in OT I had this really easy shot to handle from a reasonable distance but I kicked it out poorly and created a huge rebound, and obviously the other team scored. WORST FEELING EVER. I cried like the little kid that I was while my whole team tried to console me. Painful stuff -- I think I need therapy.

Galchenkel
04-15-2005, 11:38 AM
missing the net on a break away! :banghead:

MacDaddy TLC*
04-15-2005, 12:25 PM
In overtime trying to catch up to a guy and just as I dive to try and poke the puck away he shoots and scores. I was lying on the ice and just watching it happen (almost in slo-mo in my mind)

Yammer
04-15-2005, 02:11 PM
It would have to be watching a guy crumple into the boards after a dirty hit from me. He'd been up in my face all game, slashing and yapping, so while churning past him on a rush I let my elbows come up a la Gordie Howe and "accidentally" let him have it. For about two seconds I gloated but then felt really bad. What if I'd hurt him? And for what? Nothing.

GaborikRules10!!!
04-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Losing in the Minnesota State High School Championship game in my senior year in double OT 5-4 :cry:

Keetz
04-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Losing in the Minnesota State High School Championship game in my senior year in double OT 5-4 :cry:
Yeah but you made it there Dude. :yo: Most Minnesota kids can only dream of playing on that stage.

BTW what year was that? I was prolly there, I go back every year during that week. its a family tradition.

JeffW
04-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Plantar Fasciitis two seasons ago. Missed most of the season.

Finishing mens league this year and realizing that I'm an awful player. I somehow managed to finish third on my team in scoring but wasn't happy at all with my game and have decided to spend the summer training for next season. Mostly I'll work on stickhandling, skating and endurance.

I've been working with the smart hockey ball about 5 times a week and already have seen a huge improvement in my hands. :handclap:

DaveyCrockett
04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Plantar Fasciitis two seasons ago. Missed most of the season.

Finishing mens league this year and realizing that I'm an awful player. I somehow managed to finish third on my team in scoring but wasn't happy at all with my game and have decided to spend the summer training for next season. Mostly I'll work on stickhandling, skating and endurance.

I've been working with the smart hockey ball about 5 times a week and already have seen a huge improvement in my hands. :handclap:
What is this smart hockey ball you speak of?

My worst feeling was losing the championship of my beer league last summer because the one of our players had a skate in the crease. He felt worse than I did.

JeffW
04-17-2005, 06:54 AM
What is this smart hockey ball you speak of?

My worst feeling was losing the championship of my beer league last summer because the one of our players had a skate in the crease. He felt worse than I did.

The Smart Hockey ball is just a ball that is roughly the same weight as a puck that you use for off ice stickhandling drills. They're also made to minimize bouncing. They usually come with a CD that has off ice drills you can do to improve your game.

www.smarthockey.com

DaveG
04-17-2005, 03:59 PM
physical:
having another play hook my left leg with his stick trying to stop me on a breakaway which caused me to blow out my MCL in the semifinals of the league championship playoffs my Junior year of High School. When I played for a club level team in college the exact same thing happened durring a scrimage at the end of a practice. To this day I have problems with the knee and while I'm back to skating I still don't even have 75% of the agility that I once had.

mental:
being in the stands after my injury as the team lost the championship game 1-0 to a team we had beat by a combined score of 12-4 in the 3 games we had played before. I don't know if I would have made a difference in the game because their goalie was having the game of his life but not being able to contribute whatever offense I could as the team leader in assists sucked beyond belief.

GaborikRules10!!!
04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah but you made it there Dude. :yo: Most Minnesota kids can only dream of playing on that stage.

BTW what year was that? I was prolly there, I go back every year during that week. its a family tradition.

This past season it happenend.

mercury
04-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Since I can barely skate, and my hockey playing is limited to running around in the street with other neighborhood kids, I would say watching my school (Malvern Prep) lose the PA state championship to Bethel Park my freshman year. We finally took the title in 2004, though. :yo: