Brown closing in on a roster spot?

Qubax
09-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Just speculation guys...

BUt I haven't heard one bad thing...and being that he doesn't have a monstorous body to fill out...he may already be as big as he's going to be...

I say the sooner he gets Top 9 duty the better...is that impossible this year...?

willie
09-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

There will have to be A LOT of guys out of action in order for Brown to make the squad.

He is way down the pecking ladder at this stage.

agentfouser
09-21-2003, 05:49 PM
esa pirnes, with two goals tonight, is a lot closer to making a roster spot.

G-Double
09-21-2003, 07:47 PM
but if deader can't go wouldn't brown be the logical replacement as a scoring winger in that mold?

Captain Ron
09-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Don't get your hopes up.

There will have to be A LOT of guys out of action in order for Brown to make the squad.

He is way down the pecking ladder at this stage.

I dont want to be pessimistic but A LOT of guys could very well be out of action by the time the season starts.

Deadmarsh---Doubtful
Allison----Questionable
Aulin----Definitely not

also injured so far this preseason....

Palffy
Stumple
Cammalleri

So who will that leave the Kings at the forward position.

Frolov
Robitaille
Klatt
Armstrong
Avery
Laperriere
Belanger
Brennan
Chartrand

Which leaves about 4 or 5 positions available....which of these would you take over Brown?

Kelly
Pirnes
Brennan
Sim
Lehoux
Flinn
Tripp
Bartecko

Realistically (if Deadmarsh,Allison and possibly others are not healthy) there are not that many players more qualified to have a roster spot than Brown.

Game Misconduct
09-22-2003, 08:41 AM
I will be very surprised if Dustin plays anywhere other than Guelph next year. He's doing great, but he would be best served by another year in juniors.

Buckeye
09-22-2003, 11:39 AM
Its very possible that the Kings might use the 10-11 game option on Brown while more recovery time is taken for Deader.

Keep in mind his slow recovery AND the fact that the Kings don't have any RW's outside of Ziggy who have much offensive skills...

Sam
09-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Cammalleri has been playing right wing in training camp.

Brown's chances are not very good this year.

Old Hickory
09-22-2003, 12:12 PM
Cammalleri has been playing right wing in training camp.

Brown's chances are not very good this year.
Camm got hurt last night

Sam
09-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Camm got hurt last nightI thought it was a minor injury; is he expected out long?

Old Hickory
09-22-2003, 12:24 PM
No word yet, but andy Murray was quoted in the paper saying "It does not look good"
I don't know if ot was in reference to his injury or Aulin and him going down. I am preparing myself for the worst

Sam
09-22-2003, 12:55 PM
So another one hits the dust. Thanks for bringing that quote up though; I missed it when I read the article.

Seriously, though, what is it with the Kings and injuries? And not just their current roster. Let's remember some oft-injured names from Kings' past.

Boucher played 80 games last year with Dallas.
Blake has played 75 and 79 games the past two seasons with Colorado.
Murray has played 82 games each of the last two seasons.
Stumpel has played 81 and 78 games the last two seasons.

lars1970
09-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Seriously, though, what is it with the Kings and injuries?

That is the question of the year. If you can figure it out, let management know because they can't.

The way things are going, I would not at all be surprised to see him on October 9th in LA. However, I don't think it will be in his best long term interest.

IGM
09-22-2003, 02:41 PM
The team fired its entire training staff (conditioning etc) in the hopes that it would help. Of course there will be some injuries to key players on every team throughout the season but there HAS to be a reason that we have been the hardest hit over the past two years.

I have a theory. It is a crackpot theory but it is based on a little tiny bit of fact so at worst I hope it is entertaining, here goes.

The Kings have been using Kerland and Jobes (I think I am spelling their names right) hand book on how to prepare muscles,joints, tendens and ligements for athletic competition as their guide for the past three years as their bible of training and conditioning. I find it odd that our injury troubles have been allot worst since we started using their "bible" as the basis for all of our training and prep. I find it interesting that when we used to have a player miss a week or two that they would come back and go on a rip and now when we have a player come back from an injury they are at half speed.

I told you it was crazy but it is all I have. I am suspicious of those guys. I had an accident a little while ago and they were the doctors that I was sent to. My surgery went great. It wasn't until I had to go through therapy that I started having troubles with them. To make a long story short, I followed their instructions to the T and took forever to recover and re injured myself in the same location right after I ended therapy in a manner that should never have happened. (doing one of their after therapy work outs) While back in therapy I ran into several other people who said that they had simmilar experiences with K&J and that they have recovered completely since switching doctors.

So there is my carzy theory, be gentle.

Sam
09-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Looks like you were right, kingsjohn. Cammalleri's expected to be out 4-6 weeks.

BTW, IGM, did/will you switch doctors?

WhalerBoy
09-22-2003, 04:01 PM
So another one hits the dust. Thanks for bringing that quote up though; I missed it when I read the article.

Seriously, though, what is it with the Kings and injuries? And not just their current roster. Let's remember some oft-injured names from Kings' past.

Boucher played 80 games last year with Dallas.
Blake has played 75 and 79 games the past two seasons with Colorado.
Murray has played 82 games each of the last two seasons.
Stumpel has played 81 and 78 games the last two seasons.

holy cow, good point! never noticed that before, and i recall murray having injury problems....there must be something to this, right?