Richard Brodeur

GM: Brian Burke
Coach: Roger Neilson

ping
09-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Sean Burke over Richard Brodeur!?!?

canucksfan
09-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Get Burke out of there and put in Brodeur. He played a hand full of games. Hedican shouldn't be in their and neither should Peca. Hedican wasn't good enough and Peca only played 37 games with them.

kmad
09-21-2003, 07:34 PM
I like Hedican though :dunno:

Who would you put in place of Hedican?

ZadorovNJD*
09-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Bure / Larionov/ Mogilny

canucksfan
09-21-2003, 07:59 PM
I like Hedican though :dunno:

Who would you put in place of Hedican?
Murzyn, Aucoin or Babych

kmad
09-21-2003, 08:03 PM
the rest is all cool?

I had Bure before but there were too many better right wings

nucks2001
09-21-2003, 08:30 PM
the rest is all cool?

I had Bure before but there were too many better right wings

The fact that Bure is not on there is appaling considering he was the most talented player we ever had

Waveburner
09-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Pavel Bure>every player on that list

Where is Mogilny? We've really only had 4 superstars in franchise history, Naslund, Bure, Mogilny, Bertuzzi-but you omit 2 of them?

kmad
09-21-2003, 09:07 PM
They weren't Canucks though.. they were just good players who happened to wear the Canuck jersey. I'd put Smyl and Linden ahead of Lemieux if Lemieux played for the Canucks.

nucks2001
09-21-2003, 09:17 PM
They weren't Canucks though.. they were just good players who happened to wear the Canuck jersey. I'd put Smyl and Linden ahead of Lemieux if Lemieux played for the Canucks.

Williams isn't a Canuck. He played the majority of his career else where. The fact that you left the two Canucks who have the two highest single season goal totals is rather bad

nucks2001
09-21-2003, 09:19 PM
And Bure was just a player who happened to play for the Canucks? He was drafted by us. Won one of the two major trophies won by this team (not counting Lindens). He played here for around 8 seasons but you don't consider him part of the team wow.

Riddarn
09-21-2003, 09:20 PM
What, you got Gradin on there but no Sundström, how fair is that?

kmad
09-21-2003, 09:30 PM
And Bure was just a player who happened to play for the Canucks? He was drafted by us. Won one of the two major trophies won by this team (not counting Lindens). He played here for around 8 seasons but you don't consider him part of the team wow.

He didn't have a love for the team or the city though, he was all about contracts and stuff.

Yammer
09-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Krutov Larionov Mogilny
Naslund Messier Bure
Courtnall Gradin Neely
Bertuzzi Peca Linden

Ohlund Brown
Lumme Jovanovski
Reinhart Diduck

Burke
Irbe

All players in their primes, of course, not necessarily with the Canucks.

Also, I'm picking by the team that I think could win in today's game -- so good skating is a criteria.

Riddarn
09-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Krutov Larionov Mogilny

That line makes me hum the soviet national anthem. There's a team I truly miss. The Olympics, Canada/World Cup and the World Champs will never be as fun without them.

canucksfan
09-22-2003, 07:10 AM
The fact that Bure is not on there is appaling considering he was the most talented player we ever had
Yeah I agree, Bure easily should be in there. I missed him because I took for granted that he'd be in his lineup.

NYVanfan
09-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Krutov Larionov Mogilny
Naslund Messier Bure
Courtnall Gradin Neely
Bertuzzi Peca Linden

Ohlund Brown
Lumme Jovanovski
Reinhart Diduck

Burke
Irbe

All players in their primes, of course, not necessarily with the Canucks.

Also, I'm picking by the team that I think could win in today's game -- so good skating is a criteria.

this is perfect ... except Irbe has got to go ... replace him with the Beezer...
....and I personally don't like Sean Burke....but he's argueably better than Capn Kirk or King Richard...

I was wondering when someone would put Rhino in...but those are the best D we've ever had ... although you could make a case for Kearns

kmad
09-22-2003, 11:11 AM
how can you have an all-time Canucks team without Stan Smyl :rant:

Salming
09-22-2003, 11:12 AM
No one wants to include Neely? The memories of that trade is still too difficult to deal with?

canucksfan
09-22-2003, 11:15 AM
how can you have an all-time Canucks team without Stan Smyl :rant:
Smyl has too be there.

xtra
09-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Why isn't Cloutier on the team?

isn't he the only nucks goalie with back to back 30 win seasons? and wasn't that his only 2 yrs as starter

LaVal
09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
No one wants to include Neely? The memories of that trade is still too difficult to deal with?

he was average when he was here

Why isn't Cloutier on the team?

isn't he the only nucks goalie with back to back 30 win seasons? and wasn't that his only 2 yrs as starter

there's no way he is as important to us as McLean and Brodeur were at the time. if he carries us to the finals and plays several more years here, then maybe we can compare him to the Captain and the King.

Lam7825
09-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Irbe? no-no-no, it's gotta be Captain Kirk and King Richard
Messier? nope. sorry. I'd rather include Larionov here
Bure? yes-yes-yes. talent alone beats a bad attitude in this case
Smyl? yes-yes-yes. heart counts on this roster too

Yammer
09-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I didn't put Steamer on the playing lineup because he's slow, but I believe he'd make the team.

PhillyNucksFan
09-22-2003, 05:16 PM
depending on how Bert contract goes.. but if he keeps the pace, and stay for another 4+ years..

Bert might be the best PF right wing canucks has ever had. ( excluding Neely, since he was, as most ppl said, avg here in Van) On the other hand, Bert flourished here in Van, and he was playing way below his expectation in Isle.

ginner classic
09-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Naslund Gradin Bertuzzi
Courtnall Sundstrom Mogilny
Adams Linden Bure
Fraser Ronning Smyl

Ohlund Jovo
Lumme Diduck
Brown Snepts

McLean
Brodeur

Spare: Larionov, Reinhart, Skriko, Tanti, Cooke, Lidster, Halward

MVP
09-22-2003, 06:19 PM
Markus Naslund / Igor Larionov / Todd Bertuzzi
Cam Neely / Trevor Linden / Pavel Bure
Tiger Williams / Sundstrom / Thomas Gradin
Geoff Courtnall / Mike Peca / Stan Smyl

Ed Jovanovski / Harold Snepsts
Reinhart / Mattias Ohlund
Doug Lidster / Dave Babych

Kirk McLean
Richard Brodeur

GM: Brian Burke
Coach: Roger Neilson

ginner classic
09-23-2003, 01:05 PM
can't understand how Peca and Neely get on anyone's all time Cancuck team as they were not exactly world beaters when they were with us.