Presidents cup

leeaf83
02-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Who will win the QMJHL championship?

PEli*
02-28-2005, 11:24 AM
It's a 50/50 with me. Both Rimouski and Halifax look strong enough to go all the way. Both have size/style issues and goaltending issues though. Moncton has had some serious problems dealing with injuries and it's tough to say what they'll do in the playoffs. They're not going to win the division unless Halifax tanks the rest of the season.

Chicoutimi just looks too weak to make a lot of noise in the playoffs. And apart from those four teams, nobody else looks overly dangerous. There are a few small time teams that could upset some of the bigger guys. Cape Breton, for one. Shawinigan could be another.

I guess I'll go with Halifax because I'm a homer. They'd have a real tough time beating Rimouski in a best of seven but they could pull it out. Nobody can shut a line down if Crosby is on it and he's obviously had everybody's number all season. It'll depend on Halifax's grinders and role players stepping up and doing something to take some room away from Rimouski's star players. That, and staying out of the box.

SPORTSMANIAC
02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
For the best chances I polled for Rimouski. They are hot at the right time. As a fan I really want Lewiston but I can't see no on stopping Rimouski.

Foster
02-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I noticed there are a number of different Haligonians on here. I'd say the homers are winning big. But sence the team is doing so good, they have some backing.

P.S Homer's rule, Halifax.