Who should win the NBA MVP?

Puckclektr
03-01-2005, 07:59 PM
I hope Nash wins it. Gotta support my white brothers...

Gibsons Finest
03-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Can't go wrong with LeBron. Like said before, he is the Cleveland Cavaliers. He's been nothing short of amazing in his second year.

Tim Duncan is also a nice pick, but I don't think he'll get it because the rest of the Spurs are playing so well. He does alot to help those players do better, but they don't take that into consideration when voting for MVP.

Nash is having a great year, but he's wearing down already. A couple injuries already, maybe a few more. I don't see him getting it because I see the Suns slowly down quite a bit.

AI is another can't-go-wrong pick. The Sixers did add C-Webb, but before that, he was the only star on the Sixers. He's caried that team on his back, and into the post-season.

I also gotta give props to Dirk Nowitzki. He's also kind of carried the Mavs, offensively, anyway. They have a deep team, but he's the only star. Hopefully the addition of Van Horn allows him to continue to play at a high pace.

Jaysfanatic*
03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
I've said since the beginning, LeBron, he carries that team, he's got a great supporting cast, but without him, the Cavs are lost, if not him, then AI, they don't have an Amare Stoudamire or a Shawn Marion to play with.

Gibsons Finest
03-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Speaking of Amare, anyone read about what he said during the All-Star break? He figures he's the MVP, and Nash is a close second or something like that.

Jaysfanatic*
03-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Speaking of Amare, anyone read about what he said during the All-Star break? He figures he's the MVP, and Nash is a close second or something like that.

Stoudamires I tell ya, they're nothing like modest Quagmires

mvp76
03-01-2005, 10:14 PM
I hope Nash wins

I am a Cavs fan so Lebron is the runner up

Fish on The Sand
03-01-2005, 10:15 PM
If he did say that he was joking, because he has said all year long that Nash carries that team.

Chaos
03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
If he did say that he was joking, because he has said all year long that Nash carries that team.

And he'll be their downfall come playoff time ;)

Gibsons Finest
03-01-2005, 10:20 PM

When asked who he thought was MVP, he said "You're looking at him" and then said it was between him and Nash. Didn't sound like he was joking, either.

Fish on The Sand
03-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Nash is getting a lot of rest, he hasn't played a real game in like 2 weeks ;)

Chaos
03-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Nash is getting a lot of rest, he hasn't played a real game in like 2 weeks ;)

Getting rest hasnothing to do with the fact that he's one of the worst defensive PG's in the league. He made Mike Bibby look like one of the greatest players in NBA history the past few years in the playoffs.

Btw, he's still playing the most minutes of his career this season ;) .

Gibsons Finest
03-01-2005, 10:38 PM
If Phoenix signs Gary Payton, then I'd say they're gonna be an awesome playoff team, seeing that Nash would be able to rest every now and then. But, unfortinately, he's likely headed back to Beantown.

Speaking of the Celts, is it just me, or does anyone else see them upsetting in the East? They've got a good team, and if Payton returns, they'll definetely contend. And if Payton does return, that trade'll work out very nicely for the Celts. Pretty much Walker for a pick.

benji
03-01-2005, 11:13 PM
I'd say LeBron but they won't give it to him because on the "he's young, he'll get many more" excuse. I say it's either Duncan or Nash. Probably Duncan will win.

anguscertified
03-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Stop turning every thread into a Suns/Nash bashing thread. Just because he left your organization or whatever bone you have to pick with him...just leave it alone. Every NBA thread turns into you bashing the Suns in some way.

Unholy Diver
03-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Shaq should get some consideration as well, he has turned the Heat from a team that barely made the playoffs to the top of the east

coyoteshockeyfan
03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Shaq should get some consideration as well, he has turned the Heat from a team that barely made the playoffs to the top of the east

With that logic, Nash is the MVP hands down. ;)

Fish on The Sand
03-01-2005, 11:30 PM
With that logic, Nash is the MVP hands down. ;)
if Nash doesn't win the mvp it is strictly because of the position he plays.

blah
03-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Iverson if they win the division.

RoyIsALegend*
03-02-2005, 01:51 AM

I would attribute it moreso to Dwayne Wade's development into one of the most clutch, consistent and dynamic PGs in the league.

When you have Shaq, it definitely helps, but as a Heat fan and a person who watches nearly every game, Wade has been our MVP.

Russian5
03-02-2005, 05:07 AM
James all the way.

Ironchef Chris Wok*
03-02-2005, 05:57 AM
One of the Wallaces should get some recognition. They shouldn't win, but they're very good both on their own and as a team.

Chaos
03-02-2005, 07:22 AM
Stop turning every thread into a Suns/Nash bashing thread. Just because he left your organization or whatever bone you have to pick with him...just leave it alone. Every NBA thread turns into you bashing the Suns in some way.

It has nothing to do with 'having a bone to pick'....its just a fact that I have learned from watching opposing PG's run all over him in the playoffs the past 4 years.

Safir*
03-02-2005, 07:37 AM
1.) LeBron
2.) Nowitzki

tripledekehockey
03-02-2005, 07:38 AM
many choices -- nash, lebron, wade/shaq, duncan

i like nash to win it

GKJ
03-02-2005, 08:13 AM
many choices -- nash, lebron, wade/shaq, duncan

i like nash to win it

I like Nash too. If 2 guys on the same team are choices to be MVP, then neither one is the MVP.

BuppY
03-02-2005, 08:33 AM
My vote goes to Nahs, close 2nd is Nowitzki

Tuggy
03-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Still to early IMO with the stretch run only just beginning. Because if the Cavs win the East then King James would get it and it's still tough to say how much Nash will play down the stretch. Then there are other guys who could grab it...but if I had to make a guess right now then give it to Lebron.

Vic Rattlehead*
03-02-2005, 09:24 AM
With regards to the Miami comment, they did make the playoffs last year without Shaq. It's more and more becoming Wade's team.

Ajacied
03-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Duncan is a candidate as usual. But I'd probably give it to James. Nash' supporting cast is too good for him to be included me thinks.

DaaaaB's
03-02-2005, 10:17 AM
My vote goes to LeBron James.

Ajacied
03-02-2005, 11:38 AM
One of the Wallaces should get some recognition. They shouldn't win, but they're very good both on their own and as a team.

Definitely not.. Ben would be a poor candidate but at least would I understand him being a candidate in the first place. As for Rasheed, yuck. He's not even a top 3 player on his own team, maybe not even top 4 (Billups, Hamilton, Ben and Prince)..

Pensfan86
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Darryl 'sweet chocolate' Dawkins is my pick