NBA Live 2005

hockeyfan125
03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Picked it up for X-BOX, has some sweet, sweet graphics. The gameplay is pretty good, and I love dynasty mode and the dunk contest.

I started a dynasty with the Raptors...
Season 1 I was 8th seed in the East, and lost in the 1st round to the Pistons.

I made some off-season moves.

Trades

Donyell Marshall + Williams (my 1st round pick) for Gilbert Arenas.
Vince Carter and Loren Woods for Pau Gasol and James Posey.
2nd round pick + Lamond Murray for Stromile Swift.

My line-up is:

Gasol - C
Swift - PF
Bosh - SF
Wade - SG
Arenas - PG

With a deep bench with Arujo, Peterson, Alston, Swift, etc.

My team is 5-1 this year. Arenas is a wicked player. :)

edit: Just traded Rose (made too much money) and Posey to Miami for Wade and a 2nd round pick.

Jaysfanatic*
03-02-2005, 08:12 PM
That game is sick, I did a fantasy draft, it was awesome, dunk contest is pure fun, takes awhile to get used to. 9/10

hockeyfan125
03-04-2005, 10:49 PM
bump.

Ajacied
03-05-2005, 04:57 AM
The first season in dynasty is always guarenteed succes though, Jtuzzi. When I started out with the Denver Nuggets (no roster moves made), I won the championship in my first year but horribly struggled to even make the postseason the year thereafter. I didn't make any rostermoves either, granted do the Nuggets have a reasonable line-up, but still. The Nuggets? I didn't play a game either, all simulated ofcourse.

It's a fun game though, but the players still move around like they're made from wood at times. Dunkcontest is probably the best additional feature of any Sports game, ever. If I only new how to do something special other than a between the legs as throwing the ball up never works for me. My timing between catching the ball and starting the jump is always off. First I thought it could be a challange but I've never succeded an amazing dunk, to be honest.

hockeyfan125
03-05-2005, 12:56 PM
The first season in dynasty is always guarenteed succes though, Jtuzzi. When I started out with the Denver Nuggets (no roster moves made), I won the championship in my first year but horribly struggled to even make the postseason the year thereafter. I didn't make any rostermoves either, granted do the Nuggets have a reasonable line-up, but still. The Nuggets? I didn't play a game either, all simulated ofcourse.

It's a fun game though, but the players still move around like they're made from wood at times. Dunkcontest is probably the best additional feature of any Sports game, ever. If I only new how to do something special other than a between the legs as throwing the ball up never works for me. My timing between catching the ball and starting the jump is always off. First I thought it could be a challange but I've never succeded an amazing dunk, to be honest.
Yea I can do most alley-oops after working on the timing for a little while. It is pretty tough, but after you get the hang of it, its not too bad.

Ajacied
03-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Yea I can do most alley-oops after working on the timing for a little while. It is pretty tough, but after you get the hang of it, its not too bad.

But there are only so many buttons on my gamepad, it seems nearly impossible to be capable of doing all of them. Ah well.. I'll just continue to dominate teams with my San Antoinio Spurs during season mode.. ;)

PredsFan77*
03-05-2005, 03:05 PM
I've played 2k5, but just borrowed Live 2005 to put on the HD...Will see how it is.

TML
03-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I just picked up NBA Live 2005 yesterday... I started a dynasty with then Raptors, and I am 2-0 so far.

Jeffrey
03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I have won like ... 8 championship in a row with the raptors ..
I made some trade like Carter,Bosh,something(can't remember) for Lebron and Ilgauskas
and picks for Carmelo,etc...
trade are too easy .. and I always drafted by potential (best way to do) and get some big star player
oh yeah !
and the famous Donyell Marshall straight up for Omeka OKafor :amazed:

TML
03-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Where is the potential ratings in this game? I just got the game, and it has Bosh as a 65 overall rating..

Bileur
03-05-2005, 05:24 PM
So, is it better than 2k5? I'm probably going to buy one of the two pretty soon, i'm still renting it first but what are your opinions?

Gibsons Finest
03-05-2005, 06:46 PM
I like both, but lean towards 2K5. I own 2K5, and I recently played 2005 at my cousin's. I like the presentation, but really like how 2K5 does trades(shows how close to a deal you are) and the fact that you can edit the ratings.

In my season season in 2K5, I have a pretty good team:

C-Shaquille O'Neil
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
SF-Richard Jefferson
SG-Manu Ginoibli
PG-Steve Nash
Bn-Keith Van Horn
Bn-Marquis Daniels
Bn-Emeka Okafor
Bn-Devin Harris
Bn-Dikeme Mutumbo

I made some pretty nice deals. Damp and Stack went with a pick(I think it was a 1st, but may have been a 2nd) for Shaq. Sent Darrell Armstrong and a second for Jefferson. Bradley and Erschmeyer went to Houston for Mutumbo, a second rounder, and some other guy to balance things out(was since released). Terry and Howard went to Pheonix for Nash and Manu(was traded for Q-Rich and something). Finley went straight up to Minnesota for Sprewell(I wanted to rid myself of the $$$), and then Charlotte offered me Okafor for Spree.

Won the title versus the Pistons in season 1. Dirk won MVP, as he was great all season long (30 PPG, 12 RPG, 5 APG). Was also the finals MVP.

The Mars Volchenkov
03-05-2005, 06:59 PM
I have NBA2k5 and love it. I rented NBA Live 2005 a while back, and while the Slam Dunk Competition was a lot of fun, I didn't really enjoy the gameplay.

Cabin Mirror
03-05-2005, 07:22 PM
How accurate are the rules in Dynasty mode?

Jaysfanatic*
03-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Im the Raps, in my fantasy draft I went with Shaq, LeBron, and Howard as my top picks. Then I made trades for Wade and T-Mac, good stuff. I can dunk off of everything in the game, scoreboards, clocks, my favorite, elbow off of the big screen, as I go to get it, I flip towards it, grab it and finish it between the legs, CRAZY :eek:

TML
03-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Where is the potential ratings in this game? I just got the game, and it has Bosh as a 65 overall rating..
Bump.

Jaysfanatic*
03-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Bump.

To tell the truth, I have no idea, I always look for it myself, and I can never find it, so I just draft off of instinct, sorry I can't be of any help buddy.